IGNORED

Dillards 52: Making Life Look Complicated

Jellybean

As much as I would like to feel sorry for Jill, I can't.  She just irritates the hell out of me.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Someone with experience at TLC/Discovery messaged Pickles about what the contract probably looked like.

I'm still baffled on how the Dillards are receiving any type of sympathy here, if what that person says is true. Pickles is being sanctimonious about it because deep down I think she wants to be the Duggar's friend and Savior but if you sign a contract giving your money to JB...that's on you. Not having health insurance because you left your job is on you too.

The person on Pickles made a lot of sense. Of course, dumb derick thinks signing away his fees to his father in law means he volunteered. No, money was given, you just agreed to not receive it. JB is shady, but we always knew that.

going back to the books, poor Izzy is probably so starved for age appropriate stimulation. All he probably gets is the KJV bible and powerpoints from dad.

17 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Had a look at those books and they are definitely not for 3 year olds. I can imagine a suit and tie wearing Derick reading about laws and principles of economy to Israel who is bored out of his mind, and then Derick becoming irritated because his toddler son cannot sit still and listen...

"Dang it, Izzy, you're gonna sit through this PowerPoint if it kills me! Stay right here, Daddy's gonna take a Twitter break."

Next time Derick babysits, he should suit up for Tuttle Twins and preclude the reading session with a 30 minute powerpoint on liberal distortion. Israel will love it. Best pap ever!

well If I am to believe what I read on Pickles time for Derick to stop going after TLC and go straight for the headship of JIm Bob. 2 to 4 k for every episode that is and he says they never got paid. how Derick ever finished college I'll never understand. 

4 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Woa, those books sound crazy-daisy. I find that kids aren't really into being whacked over the head with dogma disguised as twee adventure stories, so I'm dubious that Jill's two-year-old has really turned into Tuttle Fanboy #1.

Two year olds just like to be read to.  If there are pictures and the reader makes his/her voice interesting, that is all that you need.  I have read to multi-age groups, and the little ones will “listen” to stuff they don’t understand if you just get them engaged with the pictures.  

A 5-year-old might be bored by the dogma, but a 2 or 3 year old is just hearing: “That boy goes to the Circus.” Or “The man is angry because he can’t do what he wants.”  

Any book with kids in it would probably have the same appeal.

A little off topic, but Derek and Jill reading political books so off developmental age to their kids as bedtime stories plus his general Twitter idiocy and the pure stupid of signing a contract that gave JB the money just make me think of Greenday's song American Idiot.

I am not surprised, with this many people and JB still seeming to be intent on exerting or remaining in control ofthe family empire, that this kind of conflict is happening. Drama is almost unavoidable at some point. That said, as much as I'm not a Jill fan, I would hate to see this isolate Jill and her sons from her family - they're probably a lot easier to be around than Derek is - and she strikes me as someone who wouldn't do well cut off from her familiar people.

3 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Two year olds just like to be read to.  If there are pictures and the reader makes his/her voice interesting, that is all that you need.  I have read to multi-age groups, and the little ones will “listen” to stuff they don’t understand if you just get them engaged with the pictures.  

A 5-year-old might be bored by the dogma, but a 2 or 3 year old is just hearing: “That boy goes to the Circus.” Or “The man is angry because he can’t do what he wants.”  

Any book with kids in it would probably have the same appeal.

Maybe, but I’m concerned that Izzy is already being indoctrinated into the belief that he should regard disadvantaged people or victims of injustice as “moochers and looters.” The lessons we learn as young children stay with us and can be very hard to shake off completely. It’s just another way to reinforce the belief that god loves white reactionary Christians best and it just plain sucks to be anyone else.

10 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

well If I am to believe what I read on Pickles time for Derick to stop going after TLC and go straight for the headship of JIm Bob. 2 to 4 k for every episode that is and he says they never got paid. how Derick ever finished college I'll never understand. 

TLC is a far easier target for him especially since they aren't currently working with them. JB is more responsible but also a scarier, bigger target. Derick is spineless and going after the easy target.

16 minutes ago, Kittikatz said:

A little off topic, but Derek and Jill reading political books so off developmental age to their kids as bedtime stories plus his general Twitter idiocy and the pure stupid of signing a contract that gave JB the money just make me think of Greenday's song American Idiot.

Oh... oh no. You brought up Green Day. That band has been cathartic for me. Excuse me while I get emotional over the brief mention. Even as I get pissed off at the individual members (because I'm old and men don't impress me with their Man Behaviors), that band gets to me on a very emotional level. Be still, my heart.

:tw_bawling:

I feel like, in this period of United States hell, American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown are so deeply relevant to the times we're in. I need to revisit those albums more, because I can't hear "revolution" without thinking about 2016 and how angry that election makes me (so I still haven't heard their latest album Revolution Radio). ANYWAYS - sorry to veer off topic, but any time I see a Green Day mention tweenage me starts squealing.

19 minutes ago, mizandry said:

Next time Derick babysits, he should suit up for Tuttle Twins and preclude the reading session with a 30 minute powerpoint on liberal distortion. Israel will love it. Best pap ever!

Also, for the first page of that powerpoint, he should title it A Lot of Assumptions are Being Made by Derick and Cathy Dillard, with Cathy's face included as the mascot throughout. That way, baby Sam can listen in too! 

(OKAY I'm done, just got carried away)

23 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Wonder if those books cover bankruptcy and perpendicular?

Last year when I was taking a maths class at college, every time my lecturer said perpendicular I heard it in Michelle's voice. 

12 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

A lot of Assumptions are Being Made should be the title of Jill and Derick’s book.

Don't give them any ideas. LOL.

17 hours ago, Firebird said:

I could see Jill writing it, but I don't think it will be anytime soon. It takes a long time to process that kind of abuse or mental programming and come to terms enough with it to confront the toxic people in your life with a public tell all. 

I agree!!! It took me YEARS! And, I'm pretty sure I'm still trying to process it,to be honest! I would be very curious to hear what she thinks about all that though.

3 hours ago, snickers34 said:

I think it was after Josie's ordeal in Little Rock. Jordyn wanted something in the kitchen but wasn't old enough to articulate it. Michelle asked Jana in the kitchen to help Jordyn with whatever she was wanting.

A slice of cheese. I have no idea how/why I remember that but I do lol

6 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I don’t think this is true. There are many pastors that have a much bigger reach (eg Charles Stanley, James Dobson, Charles Colson, the Bob Jones machine) than the Duggars. Outside of ATI, the Duggars were mostly a freak show attraction, although I don’t JB and Michelle got the memo. I think they thought that their family size was itself a ministry, and the unwashed heathens would be convinced of the truth of ATI Jesus by looking at the godly counternances of the many Duggar children. If this is your view, then there’s no need to engage in the more mundane aspects of ministry empire building (eg publishing, physical church planting, building institutions) because the masses are being blessed by just coming into contact with you. Now that they’ve been banned from speaking at homeschool conventions and the like, what little influence they had is decreasing.

I said premier name, not most followed. Kinda like a designer handbag that becomes the industry standard, regardless how many people actually purchase it.

The only name I know on the list you provided is Stanley. I can assure you there are very little to no message boards, tumblrs, FB pages, articles and tv specials collected and consumed en masse by religious (and secular) alike for the names you listed. 

Even so, I was pointing to the fact that if we *truly* want to see this empire fall , we may want to start chipping away at the structure Michelle has set up not just the patriarchy that is associated with the denomination.

Expose the courting system for what it truly is when the cameras are not around. Show the Duggars as a regular family who simply have quadruple the offspring. Highlight Michelle's disingenuous behavior and watch those walls come tumbling down. 

Hold these women accountable for their part in it all.

These Tuttle Twins books are the creepiest shit I've seen in a long time.

On 3/10/2018 at 2:12 PM, luv2laugh said:

I will flat out admit it and say people think my marriage is -the- happiest ever based on Instagram and FB. No it’s not. It’s a room-mate situation basically and I have serious chronic pain. I am miserable and some days a shower feels like running a marathon. Only 3 close people know the truth. I love my husband too much to leave but have been in serious depression over some disappointments over the years. I only say this so people know that yeah speculating is interesting but social media is usually always a front to make us and the people like me be able to hit the pillow going “Awe that’s sweet Kate commented ‘Where is this?! You guys have SO much fun together.’ “  Oh, yeah I guess we did that day... It’s an escape.

You could be me.  We hide our pain behind a front.  It's a survival thing.  

45 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

A slice of cheese. I have no idea how/why I remember that but I do lol

pretty sure a peice of cheese is just what a fed up Jana just ended up giving her after she had to follow Jordyn all over the Kitchen and through the pantry. 

Do you all think Jill sees Joy and other buddies as her actual children? We often talk about the impact sibling raising has on the younger child, rarely the older ones. I find it interesting that Jill continues to call Joy her buddy and said Gideon was the newest member of the buddy team.

That is so freaking odd. She no longer lives under that system. Why not call Joy little sister and Gideon newest nephew and leave it at that?

Very strange. 

Sometimes, I truly wonder if that is why Jana sticks around. She may feel responsible for those younger ones and simply does not see fit to part with them just yet, especially Josie. This stuff is psychologically deep and sad.

16 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Do you all think Jill sees Joy and other buddies as her actual children? We often talk about the impact sibling raising has on the younger child, rarely the older ones. I find it interesting that Jill continues to call Joy her buddy and said Gideon was the newest member of the buddy team.

That is so freaking odd. She no longer lives under that system. Why not call Joy little sister and Gideon newest nephew and leave it at that?

Very strange. 

Sometimes, I truly wonder if that is why Jana sticks around. She may feel responsible for those younger ones and simply does not see fit to part with them just yet, especially Josie. This stuff is psychologically deep and sad.

Sometimes I wonder if Jill really struggled emotionally being in CA because she was separated from her buddy team. 

I was looking at old videos and Michelle did NOT raise those kids. She ONLY raised the first 6 with Grandma Duggar’s help... Jana and Jill did MOST of the parenting, Jessa did the homeschooling & chores, and Jinger was solely a laundry & kitchen worker.  

I think the kids view Michelle as a grandmother figure and Jana as Mom. Michelle flies all over vacationing with JB and giving talks. The kids do not miss her. 

Jana has probably suffered watching buddy teams cope with Jill and others leaving and feels she can’t. 

I wonder how Jana REALLY feels about Michelle!

Included is Jill’s Buddy Team photo for emphasis. It clearly demonstrates the dynamic she had with Joy, visually....

C57257AE-F2F8-4ACD-895D-EABBEBCB34AD.jpeg.b90dbd8aacd2ec434781b6ab963d11f3.jpeg

16 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Very strange. 

Yes I do. I think its the strongest with Joy because Joy was her first buddy and as Jill said at Joy's wedding she claimed joy and said this one is mine. Joy was like a baby doll to Jill. with the other James and Jenni it was more like she was assinged them because of birth order I think James isn't super close to Jill and as for Jenni I almost think that she see's JOy as her mother not Jill. that poor girl was devastated at the wedding 

9 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Sometimes I wonder if Jill really struggled emotionally being in CA because she was separated from her buddy team. 

I was looking at old videos and Michelle did NOT raise those kids. She ONLY raised the first 6 with Grandma Duggar’s help... Jana and Jill did MOST of the parenting, Jessa did the homeschooling & chores, and Jinger was solely a laundry & kitchen worker.  

I think the kids view Michelle as a grandmother figure and Jana as Mom. Michelle flies all over vacationing with JB and giving talks. The kids do not miss her. 

Jana has probably suffered watching buddy teams cope with Jill and others leaving and feels she can’t. 

I wonder how Jana REALLY feels about Michelle!

Jana as the eldest daughter seems the catch all for all buddy teams she was always on call even for the kids that were not her buddy's. 

@luv2laugh

I agree. That is why those first five are kinda messed up emotionally. Sorry just speaking it the way I see it. Could be wrong, but over a period of time this has been my conclusion.

Also,  I can see Jill needing to be near her roots especially in a time when she felt least safe and secure. I think Jana has an especially close attachment to Josie because Michelle was gone a lot in her formative years, like you said. Jana was home raising the young ones and taking care of a special needs child. 

She was so young. I can't believe that kind of responsibility was left on her primarily.  Unimaginable.

1 minute ago, TatiFish9 said:

@luv2laugh

I agree. That is why those first four of five up emotionally. Sorry just speaking it the way I see it. Could be wrong, but over a period of time this has been my conclusion.

Also,  I can see Jill needing to be near her roots especially in a time when she felt least safe and secure. I think Jana has an especially close attachment to Josie because Michelle was gone a lot in her formative years, like you said. Jana was home raising the young ones and taking care of a special needs child. 

She was so young. I can't believe that kind of responsibility was left on her primarily.  Unimaginable.

I think if Jana has any one "Baby" it would be Jackson she has always seemed to have a super strong attachment to him and him to her. I think if/when Jana leaves he will be the one most effected 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived