IGNORED

Maxwell 19: Life is Still Boring

Coconut Flan

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course she has to get the wood from a religious company. Can’t choose a secular company and risk a WOMAN in PANTS selling her the wood. 

Also, wrt Sarah’s tip, it is advised that aspiring writers keep a diary or some such thing, if only to get into a regular habit. But this is in addition to reading tons of books, not in place of it. 

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Yeah stenciling on a piece of wood is gonna make you money.  (snark) And I doubt it's gonna bring Scary Mary potential suitors.

I don't know those signs to be very popular right now. I believe Tori Roloff sells signs like that. though she does them freeform without any stencils. 

okay the sign Mary made does look nice but my eyes glazed over reading that post. 

They already have JESUS up on the cranberry living room wall, that big Jesus quote poster one of the kidults gifted Steve with, etc. Enough signs maybe? 

Dads, Incase you didn’t know, be in this world and not of it. The choice is not heaven or hell its heaven or this world.

Why are dads corners  so weird. Wouldn’t it be better to give advice on how to be a better dad. Activities you can do with your kids, at different age levels, to bond with them. That would make to much sense though. 

21 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Every time I hear someone says that they were named Reagan for Ronald Reagan, I think of Ronald Ann.

Every time I hear of a kid named Reagan, I think of Linda Blair's character in The Exorcist.

1 hour ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Every time I hear of a kid named Reagan, I think of Linda Blair's character in The Exorcist.

I forgot about The Exorcist.:brainfart:

13 hours ago, SPHASH said:

(snark) And I doubt it's gonna bring Scary Mary potential suitors.

Indeed--not marriageable manly men suitors, methinks.

11 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

They already have JESUS up on the cranberry living room wall, that big Jesus quote poster one of the kidults gifted Steve with, etc. Enough signs maybe? 

The Maxwells really go for indoctrination and reinforcement.

No guy is going to court/marry a girl based on her sign-making abilities. If the Maxwells seriously want to find Mary a suitor, they should join a real church or send her off to some place like Crown College. She might also meet someone if she goes on a mission trip with a group of young adults. Basically, she needs to get out there in the world and meet people.

Those signs look nice, and I like the swirls and little hearts she drew. It's just... why oh why does _every_single_thing_ in that household have to be about religion/Jesus/Bible/LORD?!? I know I know, it's the Maxwells... It would be refreshing to see a plank of wood with a quote about nature, for example. Or how about coffee, you caffeine addicted hip Maxwell kidults? With drawings of coffee beans?

It's very nice craftsmanship and Mary does have some talent; I'm just morally opposed to placard decor. I get that it's a thing and people like it, but whenever I see placards that say "live laugh love" I just think "don't fucking tell me what to do Carol". 

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

It's very nice craftsmanship and Mary does have some talent; I'm just morally opposed to placard decor. I get that it's a thing and people like it, but whenever I see placards that say "live laugh love" I just think "don't fucking tell me what to do Carol". 

Oh man, I agonized over whether to react with 'i agree', 'love', or 'haha', because this is EXACTLY how I feel about those signs. It's also how I feel about all those mugs, journals, and art prints with orders on them. 'Be Amazing Today!' No thanks. :pb_lol:

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Oh man, I agonized over whether to react with 'i agree', 'love', or 'haha', because this is EXACTLY how I feel about those signs. It's also how I feel about all those mugs, journals, and art prints with orders on them. 'Be Amazing Today!' No thanks. :pb_lol:

Me three. I don't want art to nag me. Calm me, please me, even confuse me a little--but don't nag me.

I put those types of quotes in my planner for a bit of motivation when I feel like procrastinating. 

But I don't need them on my wall. They aren't art. 

I think I'll make me an extra large mug with "Fuck Off Already" on it.  So people can consider themselves forewarned.

7 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Just for you.

demotivate1.jpg

To carry this to the next level - I don’t like wearing words either. Possibly to sleep or do nothing in... but only if I got the shirt for free. At the moment, I have a t-shirt that says Keep Calm and Eat a Bagel. I do approve of that sentiment. I think it’s my only one in rotation though. I don’t even like clothing brand names. 

I don’t understand Sarah’s post, which is nothing new. Did Mary basically trace the words?  Then why did she need a lot of practice? How is this a big achievement?  I used to trace all the time in kindergarten when learning to write. 

Also, how would this be a surprise for Steve? How could he not know about it when he knows everything they do?  It’s not as if Mary could have done all this over at a friend’s house. Wouldn’t he know someone used the credit card to order the wood? Sarah obviously doesn’t know what thinking outside the box means. Besides, if Mary thought outside the box again, it would have been helpful to explain when she previously thought outside the box. In fact, I would love to hear about when any Maxwell spawn thought outside the box. 

12 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I'm not a fan of putting up signs on one's walls, either. Or individual letters (a favorite of HGTV's Joanna Gaines). They look housewife-y.

1 hour ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

I'm not a fan of putting up signs on one's walls, either. Or individual letters (a favorite of HGTV's Joanna Gaines). They look housewife-y.

Individual letters?! Like "A" you mean?

My son - who is obsessed by the alphabet and has decorated the entire driveway and paving around the house with the alphabet in capital and lowercase using chalk - would totally love this... I on the other hand could live without more alphabet in the house.

Joanna Gaines and those damned enormous clock faces in every house she decorates. Really?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived