IGNORED

Maxwell 18: Creating at Least One Mini-Steve

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, jiggleromp said:

Which will be frickin awesome!

Yes, it will. How many passive aggressive comments can Sarah or Steve make?  

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Jonah Maxwell, possibly?

I’m thinking Jonah, too, because of Joshua’s memorization of the book of Jonah. 

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

And when John & Chels' future baby comes, we will here it from the Bontragers first!

And a lovely, descriptive post that will be compared to a Maxwell dirge.

On 2/11/2018 at 9:04 AM, theologygeek said:

..... Every woman should do what makes her happiest, whether it's being a sahm or an astronaut. 

And every man should do what he’s suited for, as well: stay at home dad or astronaut or anything in between.  

I still can’t believe they put those little girls in floor-length dresses every day. Corral & confine ‘em early and consistently. Uhck!!

14 hours ago, SPHASH said:

They blurred the letters out

Hi Coward Steve!

Can still see the unblurred version in the email version though:

01F4984F-A635-4C9C-BC70-EDC196C0980D.jpeg.41a343cac699afe7b163c622b63d25b2.jpeg

That makes two Os though: the one Anna-M is holding and the one behind her.

So either the middle name is John, Jonah or Noah, or they are doing two sets of cookies, with Tabitha and something with an O in it for for a girl name.

(This looks a bit like Tabitha to me...)

0966C42B-F197-487F-A71D-3171E735B821.jpeg.752766cce75c490a07583a8825ba3f41.jpeg

And - holy crap this is kind of saddo, isn’t it?

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

And every man should do what he’s suited for, as well: stay at home dad or astronaut or anything in between.  

I still can’t believe they put those little girls in floor-length dresses every day. Corral & confine ‘em early and consistently. Uhck!!

The girls actually look cute in those dresses. They would be great for church, family pictures, holiday get-togethers, and other special occasions. But for everyday wear, not so much.

Most fundies seem to fake-smile a lot but Ann-Marie's smile is often genuine. I don't think that she is perfect in any way and the abortion talk was horrible but she does seem like she is enjoying her life so far and that is great. Sarah in contrast almost always, if not always, looks like she is forcing herself to smile. 

I'm kind of glad NR-Anna kept her frumper style instead of dressing like the rest of the Maxwell women. It stands out as a bit of individuality in a family where that sort of thing is looked down on.  She seems to like her frumpers and I get the impression that if she started with the modern modest dress the rest of the Maxwells have adopted it would be because Steve forced it. 

I hope Chelsy keeps her shorter skirts too. 

For women who spent their whole lives preparing to be homemakers, couldn't Anna Marie come up with anything better that those food suggestions?  Maybe it's because I'm in bed recuperating from the flu, but this latest post repulsed me.  Don't throw boiled and shredded chicken breasts in the soup.  It's bland.  Everyone asks me for my chicken soup.  You need to use bones, skin, and dark meat for a flavorful soup.  Buy whole chickens and cut them up.  It's cheaper.  Or buy the family pack of drumsticks when they're on sale for three bucks.  Pour from one pan into another using a strainer with the tiny holes so there are no stray bones.  The only time cooked chicken is good in soup is when making chicken soup from a roasted whole chicken, and that you would have to take apart, set aside, and put back in after you strained the soup. 

Teri homeschooled for 30 years.  Why did she need to ask Anna Marie for food suggestions?  Didn't she cook for her own kids?  They should have asked Elissa for food suggestions.  She's Italian.  If she was raised like the rest of us, we learned at a young age by observing our mothers, aunts, and grandmothers.  My grandson can already make homemade pasta by hand without a machine.  Get the kids involved.  They love doing stuff like that and homemade pasta freezes well. 

12 hours ago, anjulibai said:

It's so Timothy. 

I think there theme for boys is books of the Bible. At some point they will have a Peter or a James or a Samuel. 

Fundies hardly ever have a Matthew.  They skip the most important book in the bible where Jesus preaches how to live.  It's not like they follow the book of Matthew anyway.  The damn homeless are lazy and an eyesore, and we're tired of paying for food stamps and welfare babies! 

10 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

Fundies hardly ever have a Matthew.  They skip the most important book in the bible where Jesus preaches how to live.  It's not like they follow the book of Matthew anyway.  The damn homeless are lazy and an eyesore, and we're tired of paying for food stamps and welfare babies! 

Really? Well, I've seen more Matthews than Peters. I wonder if they don't use Peter because he denied Jesus and he was impulsive? Interesting.....

9 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Can still see the unblurred version in the email version though:

01F4984F-A635-4C9C-BC70-EDC196C0980D.jpeg.41a343cac699afe7b163c622b63d25b2.jpeg

That makes two Os though: the one Anna-M is holding and the one behind her.

So either the middle name is John, Jonah or Noah, or they are doing two sets of cookies, with Tabitha and something with an O in it for for a girl name.

(This looks a bit like Tabitha to me...)

0966C42B-F197-487F-A71D-3171E735B821.jpeg.752766cce75c490a07583a8825ba3f41.jpeg

And - holy crap this is kind of saddo, isn’t it?

Gotta get those photo ops when possible.  Mercifully, the Maxwells don't video and post births.

I'm voting for Timothy something or other.

12 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

It just said they worked on baby names for an hour, not that that single hour was the total time they spent on it. Come on you guys!

They take the bible literally, so why can't we take what Stevehova says the same? ;)

2 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Really? Well, I've seen more Matthews than Peters. I wonder if they don't use Peter because he denied Jesus and he was impulsive? Interesting.....

And because he was the first Pope ("Upon this rock I will build my church.")?

2 hours ago, Foudeb said:

" when it comes time for dinner,"

Sarah's solecisms make me want to gauge my own eyes out with a blunt spoon. 

Isn't that just a common turn of phrase? 'When it comes time for [whatever]'? I say it all the time, and I always hear other people saying it. Also 'heard tell of'. Like, 'I never heard tell of [whatever].' If it's wrong, I don't want to be right. :pb_lol:

The Christopher Maxwells arw just as biriong & without soul as their cult leader. I’d starve in their houses. No creativity, no flavor, no...nothing but the most nasic of ingedients prepped in the most basic way and combined with other basics. 

Plus, why did Teri-the 30 year hoeschioling mom-have to ask her daughter in law for recipes?

When I read the first couple lines of the post this morning I seriously just groaned.

These people are so trapped in their bubble they are never original, never creative and never have a thought that isn’t ‘t framed within their cult mindset.

Rufus help me, I like AnnaofChristopher more than I should.  She may just be my new "pet fundie" I could see her slowly becoming the new face of the blog, Teri and Sarah aren't "selling" the brand the way they used to. 

1 hour ago, nomoxian said:

They take the bible literally, so why can't we take what Stevehova says the same? ;)

Haha, fair point. Just being cautious....we’ve seen how ridiculous people are in the Duggar threads. In a year, we’ll have people saying they definitely remember that Christopher and Anna choose their children’s names during an hour naming session and schedule their sex in fifteen minute blocks a la MOTH

On 2/10/2018 at 1:10 PM, bean said:

I don’t think they’ve ever talked about scheduling time to conceive (#ewww), but here’s the post where they talk about scheduling an hour to talk baby names: 

https://blog.titus2.com/2014/02/12/choosing-a-baby-name/

Yeah, they definitely scheduled that but I cannot image the Maxwells ever talking about a sex schedule!

4 hours ago, theologygeek said:

Teri homeschooled for 30 years.  Why did she need to ask Anna Marie for food suggestions?  

Because she's a lousy cook. 

I distinctly remember that in the first edition of MOTH from the late 90's, her weekend dinner menus consisted of frozen pizza and frozen french fries, and frozen burritos.  EVERY WEEK.  Anna Marie is freaking Julia Child compared to Teri.

ETA: on one of those nights the kids were eating frozen entrees, Teri and Steve had their date night and were out eating restaurant food.  

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

The Christopher Maxwells arw just as biriong & without soul as their cult leader. I’d starve in their houses. No creativity, no flavor, no...nothing but the most nasic of ingedients prepped in the most basic way and combined with other basics. 

Plus, why did Teri-the 30 year hoeschioling mom-have to ask her daughter in law for recipes?

When I read the first couple lines of the post this morning I seriously just groaned.

These people are so trapped in their bubble they are never original, never creative and never have a thought that isn’t ‘t framed within their cult mindset.

Anna Marie is the only one who can be the new face for their brand.  The daughters are spinsters.  Melanie looks like she can't be bothered and only sticks around for the free childcare.  Elissa is too worldly and Chelsy is the family jezebel.  Their food is terrible.  Beans are nice once in a while, but not all the time.  Mexican food is nice a couple of times a year, but I'm not big on that either. 

Does anyone else check the tits blog on Mondays, because they consistently put up a post every Monday morning? No surprise if there are regulated days and times for blog postings every week.

Ok so I have a 16 month old and how is "popcorn, apples, and cottage cheese" an appropriate lunch for the ages of her kids? That's like a snack for my toddler, not a lunch. At his daycare and at home he generally has a full hot lunch with a protein (various meats, fish, beans, tofu, peanut butter if I'm desperate), whole grains, fruits/veggies, and dairy at every lunch and dinner. Also, taco night dinners sound so fun and easy, wonder why that didn't work for her.

Now the marinating before freezing actually sounds like a good idea, and generally processing the meat beforehand. I can barely get dinner out for my 1 kid, I can't imagine how she does it with 4/almost 5. That husband of hers better help with either cooking or watching the kids (yeah right :laughing-rofl:).

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived