IGNORED

Maxwell 18: Creating at Least One Mini-Steve

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

My blind grandfather still insists on using his stove top pressure cooker, now that is scary.

That's sounds like the pressure cooker my mother used to use.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be in a minority, but I imagine chickenetti and tater tot casserole could be quite nice, in a weird kind of way. I cannot ever imagine barbecue canned tuna to be anything other than gross.

Two Maxhellions in the parked car in the Taco Bell lot, eating crackers from a box while the rest dined inside the restaurant. Yes, even Anna, who narked on her brothers in the first place. 

New thought: Stevovah led his minions from Taco Bell glop to “healthy” foods included bean burritos. He’s SO phuqqing weird!

4 hours ago, Dandruff said:

For the Duggars, barbecue tuna gets my vote as worst.

Was it barbecue canned tuna or barbecued tuna steaks? Because the latter sounds fine, but the former is just WTF?

34 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Was it barbecue canned tuna or barbecued tuna steaks? Because the latter sounds fine, but the former is just WTF?

It’s the former. Michelle was at a conference once and Jim Bob had to stay home and take care of the kids. When he couldn’t find mayo to make tuna salad his lazy ass deemed barbecue sauce a fine alternative and just mixed barbecue sauce and tuna together in a bowl. Apparently everyone loved it.

Just like with Stevahoah and the meatless burritos. The patriarch likes it then the whole family is stuck eating some gross nonsense. 

The only fundie family I can think of where I would LOVE to eat for a week (even a month) are the Bontragers. There food always looks amazing and healthy and yet they also know how to splurge!

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

The only fundie family I can think of where I would LOVE to eat for a week (even a month) are the Bontragers. There food always looks amazing and healthy and yet they also know how to splurge!

Yes! I hope Chelsy and John put in a big backyard garden, because the Bontragers are big on homemade salsa, etc.  Do any other of the Maxwells garden?

10 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I may be in a minority, but I imagine chickenetti and tater tot casserole could be quite nice, in a weird kind of way. I cannot ever imagine barbecue canned tuna to be anything other than gross.

I grew up eating tator tot casserole and it's fine. It's not the best thing ever but it's not horrible. It's like many other casseroles. And you can tweak the recipe to make it much tastier.

33 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Yes! I hope Chelsy and John put in a big backyard garden, because the Bontragers are big on homemade salsa, etc.  Do any other of the Maxwells garden?

Probably not. There isn't enough time in their lives since their schedules are full of dusting ceiling fans, cutting lettuce with a pizza cutter and looking on bland in pictures.

Although my mom did put peas and carrots in her tator tot casserole and I prefer it that way. You can use any kind of cheese you like. It doesn't have to be cheddar. And you can make your own cream of mushroom soup. You can also substitute ground beef for ground turkey and use muchmore seasoning than the duggars.

I can probably choke down a meatless burrito.

I'll admit to making English muffin "pizza" in my youth with ketchup and a piece of velveeta, broiled.

As others have said, tater tot casserole can be improved upon.

But the barbecue tuna? NO.

The weens, however, get my vote for HELL NO.

I would probably like tater tot casserole but it’s something that would be one for once in awhile, not a regular thing. I also would not serve it for a dinner party or anything fancy. I love casseroles from of fatty goodness but only once in awhile. I love beans and cheese burritos with sour cream. I don’t need meat in them but I need lots of beans, cheese and sour cream. Straight bean and cheese burritos are pretty popular here. I am guessing the Maxwell burritos are very portion controlled and would leave us all hungry regardless of what is in them. 

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

The main fam used to and you can find a few blog mentions going way back. They even talked about growing hot peppers, which always stood out because everything they eat seems as bland as wallpaper paste. They haven’t mentioned it in a while so I don’t know if they still have a garden. Pretty sure Elissa does though. 

12 hours ago, ophelia said:

Probably not. There isn't enough time in their lives since their schedules are full of dusting ceiling fans, cutting lettuce with a pizza cutter and looking on bland in pictures.

Didn't it take Jesse something like nine months to take the initiative to clean up a pile of wood that was festering in the backyard?

Sarah posted a verse about love for Valentines Day and there was a comment about her future and future family. Just a generic comment or is something in the works? I can't imagine Stevie letting her go and have a life if her own. Well, not her own, just a change of hardships and surroundings.

19 hours ago, socalrules said:

I love beans and cheese burritos with sour cream. I don’t need meat in them but I need lots of beans, cheese and sour cream.

Same here. I love burritos with shredded chicken or ground beef, but yesterday we had veggie burritos and they were full of cheesy goodnes, sour cream, beans, avocados, cilantro, tomato and corn. Loved them. I'm fasting meat and fish for lent, because I realize I ate way too much meat over the holidays and past months.

I too thought someone had died! Nope, just Sarah's macabre imagination and bad storytelling... 

On 2/15/2018 at 1:43 AM, Ozlsn said:

Fresh grilled tuna steaks for the Duggars? Who do you think they are - millionaires?? Oh, my bad. They are millionaires. Just cheap as hell.

Friends, the purpose here is not to focus on death, but life.

Haha! That's a good one, Sarah!

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Haha! That's a good one, Sarah!

Yeah, the post was a real WTF till I remembered it was the Maxwells. I'm sure she's using a "How to write good tip" like "Build interest....."  Friends will be swooning over it in the comments and praying for the family involved. But it'll all be ok in the end because he had accepted his Savior [I am making fun of Sarah's writing--not of anyone's true belief].

9 hours ago, DooDahDame said:

Sarah posted a verse about love for Valentines Day and there was a comment about her future and future family. Just a generic comment or is something in the works? I can't imagine Stevie letting her go and have a life if her own. Well, not her own, just a change of hardships and surroundings.

If she is getting to enter a courtship I'm guessing it'll be on par with Chad's sister's guy--or some guy whose wife died and left him with a string of little kids. But my money is on Sarah being the Edith of the family--the "useful spinster"

And friends, if you haven’t, please settle the important matter of where you will spend eternity.

"The purpose here is to focus on life" - but put this little chore on your to-do list first, everyone. Right between dusting the ceiling fans and folding the laundry. Figure it out, cross it off, be done with it, then relax with a nice cup of coffee. Or a Pepsi, if that's where your heart leads you!

I find the chose of ages she mentions interesting. Sarah is herself 36 and Mary is 21. Has she been thinking about the difference in their ages and life experiences lately? Is she making some sort of equivalence between them? It just seems odd she would choose those specific ages. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

I find the chose of ages she mentions interesting. Sarah is herself 36 and Mary is 21. Has she been thinking about the difference in their ages and life experiences lately? Is she making some sort of equivalence between them? It just seems odd she would choose those specific ages. 

I just can't imagine a Maxwell "girl" getting to leave the nest, but maybe, just maybe? And maybe Sarah knows her day has come and gone? Or maybe it's just Sarah's version of a navel-gazing post?

Two grandchildren are arriving soon - also known as number 11 and number 12, I believe. Number 13 might be on the way and we just don't know it. 

So, all these "blessings" are about to be bestowed upon The Compound and Sarah writes about...death??? 

Okaaaaaaayyyy-uh. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived