IGNORED

Maxwell 18: Creating at Least One Mini-Steve

Coconut Flan

38 minutes ago, bean said:

I don’t think they’ve ever talked about scheduling time to conceive (#ewww), but here’s the post where they talk about scheduling an hour to talk baby names: 

https://blog.titus2.com/2014/02/12/choosing-a-baby-name/

This blog post was just so weird. And pointless. Even for Maxwells.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their tips for a baby name are so Common Sense. Make sure you like the way the name sounds Nooo reallllly? As for the initials, I guess "Barnaby Uriah Maxwell" is out of the question :P

My brother was born when I was 20 (long gap. long story.) and my mom told me to make a list of names. My main concern was making sure he wouldn't be one of several kids with the same name in ebbl public school, like I was. I also think it's important to make sure the name isn't too yoonique, or something that sounds cute on a 2 year old but not a 20 year old. Like ask "Would this name look weird on the top of a resume?"

15 minutes ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

This blog post was just so weird. And pointless. Even for Maxwells.

Doing what every other literate couple does with their upcoming baby.. or so I thought until some person named Cate commented throwing non-Christians under the bus (I can't help but roll my eyes at this sanctimonious idiot):

February 12, 2014 at 5:06 pm

I have read your post Sarah, and also considered the comments left by others about this post. This is something that we did not do as parents with our children – as I was not a Christian at the time – and I can see how important this concept is now. The names of our children are related to people in our families who meant a great deal to us, but how much more impact it would have if they were important to us because they were people of integrity in the Bible.

Anna Marie looks so full of joy and contentment, even at this late stage of her pregnancy. She and the whole family are in my prayers.

Love,

Cate N.
>>>>
Thank you.

Here are most of the characteristics that they take into consideration when choosing a name:

Bible-based

The character traits of the person(s) in Scripture with the name (good and bad)

The meaning of the name

How the meaning of the first and middle names combine for a custom name meaning/life vision

How the first->middle->last sound together

The initials

Whether we, [Christopher and Anna Marie], like the name.      I guess Samuel Nehemiah Maxwell is out. 

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Here are most of the characteristics that they take into consideration when choosing a name:                              

Whether we, [Christopher and Anna Marie] Steve likes the name.           

Okay, I don't get there reference. Samuel Nehemiah Maxwell seems like the type of name Chris and Anna would choose. 

19 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Okay, I don't get there reference. Samuel Nehemiah Maxwell seems like the type of name Chris and Anna would choose. 

Agreed. 

Actually, I really like that name too lol.

The name of a person with integrity (or something approximating it) in the Bible. Vashti from the Book of Esther.  Which would never ever get used in Maxhell. 

My grandmother said the ultimate test for naming a child was to open the door and yell the child's full name. How did it sound, did anyone laugh, and did she hear any negative comments from neighbors and friends? If all was positive, the name was on the short list. She allowed no nicknames until the child could have a choice. 

1 hour ago, DooDahDame said:

My grandmother said the ultimate test for naming a child was to open the door and yell the child's full name. How did it sound, did anyone laugh, and did she hear any negative comments from neighbors and friends? If all was positive, the name was on the short list. She allowed no nicknames until the child could have a choice. 

When naming our third child I also wanted to make sure that I could yell all three names without tripping over syllables.  I figured there would be nothing worse that yelling at the three kids and stumbling on name two.

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Say the initials of Samuel Nehemiah Maxwell. Just the initials. Slowly then repeat quickly. You'll get it. 

Would they get that, though? 

Does Bible-based mean it has to appear in the Bible, or could it be a virtue name eg a Verity, Prudence etc? Actually I just reread and they consider the good/bad points of the character so perhaps not. Could be used as middle names though.

Eve and Hannah are options. So is my name, although I don’t think my name was a specific character, just mentioned in one of the letters. 

Or if NR Anna's next baby is a girl, maybe she and Christopher could name the baby Stephanie in honor of Stevehovah.

1 hour ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Or if NR Anna's next baby is a girl, maybe she and Christopher could name the baby Stephanie in honor of Stevehovah.

Stephanie Naomi Maxwell?  Ok I. Gotta. Stop.

I think hope. And I think it's a girl. And man I gotta say that ruthie is gorgeous!!!  

I actually like anna and feel like she'd be quite a nice person to know.

Not sure about chris though!

34 minutes ago, jiggleromp said:

I spy a "H" in Mary's hand, they forgot to blur that out.

And an "O" in Anna's hands. Maybe Timothy John? Timothy Luke? 

I feel like I should explain my I like anna post..Anna is always so joyful as a mother housemaker and domestic goodness. Other than the holier than God biblical anti abortion carry on anna is who I aspire to be as a mum and domestic goddess.  But but as much as I want to I'm lazy or busy working at a paying job or driving my daughter and her pony to pony ckub/dressage/interschool/ and all related pony competitions. Also I watch A LOT of youtube. 

And my hubbies a hottie.  Definitely don't want to swap hubbies.....

If you think it was bad being one of three Jennifers or Jessicas in your first-grade class, imagine what it's like at these homeschooling conferences with all the eleventy other kids named Joshua, Nathan, Rebecca, Anna, Hannah, Joseph, Elizabeth, David, Noah, Caleb, etc.

Welp, thinking about fundie kids named Noah reminded me of Noah Justice

Fortunately, seeing the name Jessica made me think of Jessica Jones, so that all cancels out.

If you look at the last picture it appears that the four kids are posing in front of a name.  The lower word is "maxwell" I am fairly sure, but I cannot make out the upper word.

I was fairly sure that Anna and Chris do not find out the sex of the baby, so I wonder if they are baking two names and photographing the names with the kids with the thought that they'll post whatever name is appropriate when the baby is born.  Because I doubt very much they would have chosen a heathen androgynous name like Morgan.  

Interesting.  I just went back to look at the image and the name is now blurred.  It wasn't when I first looked at the picture.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived