IGNORED

Maxwell 18: Creating at Least One Mini-Steve

Coconut Flan

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tabitha Hope or Timothy John? I'm surprised they found out the sex. They usually wait. 

Is it me, or does Anna look kind of flushed/red in the face? I hope she's okay. 

I know NR Anna is on everyone's shit list, and I certainly don't agree with her abortion talk with her kids, but I can't hate her.  I just can't.  She's me 20 years ago.  I see so much of myself as a young mom in her.  And those precious little girls in their denim jumpers...I see my girls when they were little.  Now they're nearly 20 and 17.  Don't get me wrong - I'm glad I broke from my fundie phase and I'm glad my daughters are fierce and funny and independent and NOT fundie. 

But gosh, when I was that young mom in a denim jumper with 3 little kids...there were times I truly was really, really happy.  And I always see that in Anna's face.

Going off to sniffle in the corner now.  Carry on.

20 hours ago, bean said:

I don’t think they’ve ever talked about scheduling time to conceive (#ewww), but here’s the post where they talk about scheduling an hour to talk baby names: 

https://blog.titus2.com/2014/02/12/choosing-a-baby-name/

They pick out a baby name in a single hour session?   Holy crap.  My son we still hadn't definitively decided on his name and I was scared my ex would fill out the paperwork before I was out of recovery (c-section) and would put some name I had NOT agreed to on it.   Fortunately, he didn't and we eventually gave up trying to figure out what first name we wanted (we agreed on a middle name, my grandpa's name) and went with my ex's middle name (which was on our short list).  That was after months of tossing around names.

My daughter was similar, though he had made a final decision by the time I was about 8 months. 

I'm actually convinced after that post that they do find out the sex before birth. Remember how Sarah tried to claim that Nathan and Melanie never find out until someone brought up the cupcake reveal when they were pregnant with Drew? And now that I'm thinking about it, there was a post right before Daniel was born where NR Anna was sewing blue outfits for his newborn shoot.

Timothy Luke 

The longer name is the first name, it's from Chris' perspective not the kids.  The T on Timothy and the e on Luke are the clearest letters for me.  

I am pretty sure the Christopher Maxwell's always find out the sex.  They are strange about what they blog, only wedding and birth announcements.  Even pregnancy announcements seem to be almost after thoughts. 

1 minute ago, Charliemae said:

Timothy Luke 

The longer name is the first name, it's from Chris' perspective not the kids.  The T on Timothy and the e on Luke are the clearest letters for me.  

That's exactly how I see it, too. 

More importantly, did the kds get to eat those cookies?   

Also, what if we're right about the name?  Is Steve going to call an emergency meeting? "Everybody! Forget the schedules!! The Feminists have guessed a baby name. Christopher must choose another one! Get to Compound Headquarters STAT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!" 

58 minutes ago, Charliemae said:

Timothy Luke 

I am pretty sure the Christopher Maxwell's always find out the sex.  They are strange about what they blog, only wedding and birth announcements.  Even pregnancy announcements seem to be almost after thoughts. 

Oh good call.  I forgot about the switched perspective.

How, exactly, does choosing a name work when the wife must submit to the husband in all things?

Anna: I love the name David. 

Chris: Hmm. i was thinking of Joshua. We can discuss it. 

*three minutes of silence* 

Chris: So it's settled. We've decided on Joshua. 

11 hours ago, clese said:

I think hope. And I think it's a girl. And man I gotta say that ruthie is gorgeous!!!  

I actually like anna and feel like she'd be quite a nice person to know.

Not sure about chris though!

Priss might not deign to speak with you, beins' youse a wimmenfolk.

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I know NR Anna is on everyone's shit list, and I certainly don't agree with her abortion talk with her kids, but I can't hate her.  I just can't.  She's me 20 years ago.  I see so much of myself as a young mom in her.  And those precious little girls in their denim jumpers...I see my girls when they were little.  Now they're nearly 20 and 17.  Don't get me wrong - I'm glad I broke from my fundie phase and I'm glad my daughters are fierce and funny and independent and NOT fundie. 

But gosh, when I was that young mom in a denim jumper with 3 little kids...there were times I truly was really, really happy.  And I always see that in Anna's face.

Going off to sniffle in the corner now.  Carry on.

Many mothers will say the same thing you did.  The denim jumper/fundie phase had nothing to do with that happiness.  Many mothers reminisce on the time when their kids were little.  It's an amazing time in life.  That's why even strangers will go up to a mother of a baby and say "Cherish this time because it's going to go by very fast."  You were doing what made you happy, no matter what clothing you wore or what religious beliefs you had.  Anna Marie is doing what makes her happiest.  And that's what true feminism is.  Every woman should do what makes her happiest, whether it's being a sahm or an astronaut. 

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Tabitha Hope or Timothy John? I'm surprised they found out the sex. They usually wait. 

Is it me, or does Anna look kind of flushed/red in the face? I hope she's okay. 

I think NR-Anna has rosacea, even though nothing’s been mentioned. That would account for the red face.

Elissa’s also due soon. 

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Also, what if we're right about the name?  Is Steve going to call an emergency meeting? "Everybody! Forget the schedules!! The Feminists have guessed a baby name. Christopher must choose another one! Get to Compound Headquarters STAT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!" 

Quick! Quick! Update the schedule! you're going to need another 15 minutes of heartfelt discussion to find a suitable biblical name you like! Just cancel one of your bi-weekly sweet fellowshipping sessions!

7 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I think NR-Anna has rosacea, even though nothing’s been mentioned. That would account for the red face.

Elissa’s also due soon. 

Plus, she had probably been baking when that photo was taken. The heat from the oven, on top of pregnancy hormones could have left her a little flushed. 

Normally, I'd say it would be nice if the two babies were born on the same day. They could have a wonderful little friendship; but I don't know how much the cousins actually get to play together. 

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Elissa’s also due soon. 

Her pregnancy seems to be treated as such an afterthought, but I suspect this is her (OK, Joseph's) choice.  When the baby comes I expect we'll see a short mention with the name, and maybe a photo.

19 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Her pregnancy seems to be treated as such an afterthought, but I suspect this is her (OK, Joseph's) choice.  When the baby comes I expect we'll see a short mention with the name, and maybe a photo.

And when John & Chels' future baby comes, we will here it from the Bontragers first!

Help! Looking for a post entry about the Maxwells and their finances. I know it's here 'cause I started the post, probably about 3 years ago. Gone to Search but no luck.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

And when John & Chels' future baby comes, we will here it from the Bontragers first!

If that happens I'm sure Steve will be mad that they said something first. 

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

If that happens I'm sure Steve will be mad that they said something first. 

Which will be frickin awesome!

It's so Timothy. 

I think there theme for boys is books of the Bible. At some point they will have a Peter or a James or a Samuel. 

12 hours ago, Curious said:

They pick out a baby name in a single hour session?   Holy crap.  My son we still hadn't definitively decided on his name and I was scared my ex would fill out the paperwork before I was out of recovery (c-section) and would put some name I had NOT agreed to on it.   Fortunately, he didn't and we eventually gave up trying to figure out what first name we wanted (we agreed on a middle name, my grandpa's name) and went with my ex's middle name (which was on our short list).  That was after months of tossing around names.

My daughter was similar, though he had made a final decision by the time I was about 8 months. 

It just said they worked on baby names for an hour, not that that single hour was the total time they spent on it. Come on you guys!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived