IGNORED

Bates 23: Waiting on the Next Wedding

Coconut Flan

Injuries from falls happen in people her age (~80 years). I don't know her health history and sometimes these things just happen.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

11. Erin and Alyssa both secretly had twins with their last pregnancies and they’re just announcing it now because ratings.

I feel like I would watch this intently.

Also lol hysterically at #6-#8.

I can't stand these ice creams posts. Is ice cream that good to this level of exposure??? lol It's like eating ice cream is some fundie innuendo or something. They've got to stop it. 

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Bachelor's is "Licenciatura". My degree is "Licenciatura en ciencias de la educación", which is the same as Bachelor's of Science in Education. :)

Ohh now it makes sense!! Thanks

Is it safe for women to bowl while pregnant? Saw a pic of Carlin and Tori at a bowling alley. Looked like Tori was leaning forward a little. Some people do that to hide stomach fat...or pregnancy. Just saying.

Kelly posted and axplained what happened to her mom. And i didnt noticed until now how they look alike. :jawdrop:

9 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

I feel like I would watch this intently.

Also lol hysterically at #6-#8.

I can't stand these ice creams posts. Is ice cream that good to this level of exposure??? lol It's like eating ice cream is some fundie innuendo or something. They've got to stop it. 

Yes. Yes it is. :pb_lol:

6 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Is it safe for women to bowl while pregnant? Saw a pic of Carlin and Tori at a bowling alley. Looked like Tori was leaning forward a little. Some people do that to hide stomach fat...or pregnancy. Just saying.

People seem to ask these questions anytime any of these people even give off the tiniest hint of being pregnant. If a woman is healthy then she’s fine to do normal activities and act like the fully functioning human being she is. Bowling would not pose a real risk to many pregnant women because you aren’t lifting a ton of weight and the ball doesn’t go near your abdomen. 

On a related note, I get that not everyone has been pregnant or has current experience being pregnant. I do wish people would stop treating all pregnant women like they’re delicate flowers who will break into a million pieces the second they do anything that might be even remotely risky. Are there things pregnant women shouldn’t do? Of course, but that tends to be along the lines of avoiding alcohol, smoking, hard drugs, and not starting a new and intense exercise routine without clearance from your Doctor. If Tori is pregnant and in good health then she has no reason to avoid bowling or her normal activities. 

Picking up a bowling ball isn’t much more weight than picking up a baby while pregnant. I had a giant toddler when I was pregnant and I was allowed to pick him up. Although I rarely wanted to. Fundie women will pick up heavy toddlers and children while pregnant so they may as well get used to it. It’s more annoying than dangerous.

26 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

This comment might make me change my prediction.....

tumblr_inline_p8iijv3gcN1ukiq19_500.png

He is obviously on board with the whole reality TV - thing, at least!

I'd be suprised if it is not a pregnancy anonucement for Tori and Bobby.

It's 5:30 pm in Germany and I just want this stupid announcement to be made :pb_lol: Come on guys, the "suspense" is killing us.

12 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

I'm 33 weeks and I just went bowling last weekend! It's not a problem.

I dunno, Kelton posted this photo on Sunday:

Spoiler

Would he post something that showed her left hand so clearly if they were already engaged? I guess it could be an old photo but I don't think we've seen Kelton be quite that savvy before. I'm guessing he's planning a proposal and that's why he made that comment.

I also think Carlin will be engaged first, she'd throw a shit fit if Josie made it to the altar first and I doubt anyone is interested in that. She's also had the longer official courtship.

24 minutes ago, albireo said:

Reveal hidden contents

I also think Carlin will be engaged first, she'd throw a shit fit if Josie made it to the altar first and I doubt anyone is interested in that. 

Oh, pardon me, I am SEVERELY interested in CarVan throwing a shit fit if JosBalk  beat them to the altar.  I will even settle for passive agressive whining on Instagram.:popcorn2:

On 5/7/2018 at 4:44 PM, QuiverDance said:

Late on the Unity Candle thing, but every Roman Catholic wedding I've ever been to has had a Unity Candle as part of the Mass.  I don't think that's necessarily an "evangelical" thing.  

I am Roman Catholic and I was not permitted to have a candle/knot/sand ceremony. I was told by our priest that the unity candle and other such symbols were actually made up by the soap operas and it is not true part of a catholic ceremony. I wasn’t interested in doing one anyway so I didn’t mind. 

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Picking up a bowling ball isn’t much more weight than picking up a baby while pregnant. I had a giant toddler when I was pregnant and I was allowed to pick him up. Although I rarely wanted to. Fundie women will pick up heavy toddlers and children while pregnant so they may as well get used to it. It’s more annoying than dangerous.

Sorry for sounding like a pregnancy weakling. I know life does not and should not stop because of pregnancy. Bowling balls "to me" are heavy and you have to throw them. Guessing it's good and ok for healthy women in their 2nd trimester. I was just wondering about the early weeks or 1st 2 months? Plus we don't know how long ago the Carlin & Tori pic was taken. I mostly wanted to point out that Tori appears to be leaning forward. 

20 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Sorry for sounding like a pregnancy weakling. I know life does not and should not stop because of pregnancy. Bowling balls "to me" are heavy and you have to throw them. Guessing it's good and ok for healthy women in their 2nd trimester. I was just wondering about the early weeks or 1st 2 months? Plus we don't know how long ago the Carlin & Tori pic was taken. I mostly wanted to point out that Tori appears to be leaning forward. 

I felt like garbage all through pregnancy so I wasn’t doing any bowling. I’m actually really jealous of ladies who feel fine during pregnancy and still go do fun things like bowling. 

I think it's up to you,if you want to bowl or not.I didn't,but I like to use a 14lb ball.I know some women who do bowl,when pregnant.

10 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

On a related note, I get that not everyone has been pregnant or has current experience being pregnant. I do wish people would stop treating all pregnant women like they’re delicate flowers who will break into a million pieces the second they do anything that might be even remotely risky. Are there things pregnant women shouldn’t do? Of course, but that tends to be along the lines of avoiding alcohol, smoking, hard drugs, and not starting a new and intense exercise routine without clearance from your Doctor. If Tori is pregnant and in good health then she has no reason to avoid bowling or her normal activities. 

My boss is pregnant & not too long ago she was moving something pretty heavy (IMO) and I said "No! Let me get that! You shouldn't be lifting that!" And she WENT OFF on me!!!! I kind of just stood there open mouthed because at first I thought she was joking but she was pissed!! I didn't say anything because I didn't know if it was hormones or what but she came up to me later and apologized and said that she's just so sick of everyone acting like she's feeble just because she's pregnant (which totally made sense but in my defense, she suffered a miscarriage not long before this pregnancy so I was just trying to help) but yeah.....I've never been pregnant so I guess I just don't understand it.

39 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

My boss is pregnant & not too long ago she was moving something pretty heavy (IMO) and I said "No! Let me get that! You shouldn't be lifting that!" And she WENT OFF on me!!!! I kind of just stood there open mouthed because at first I thought she was joking but she was pissed!! I didn't say anything because I didn't know if it was hormones or what but she came up to me later and apologized and said that she's just so sick of everyone acting like she's feeble just because she's pregnant (which totally made sense but in my defense, she suffered a miscarriage not long before this pregnancy so I was just trying to help) but yeah.....I've never been pregnant so I guess I just don't understand it.

You’re definitely right that it’s tough to understand until you experience it yourself. I’ve been pregnant twice - one ending in miscarriage and one ending in a premature live birth - and I didn’t really get it until I went through it myself. I was pretty good about handling comments like that during my second pregnancy, but it did get very annoying to be honest - partly because it felt like everyone was infantilizing me and partly because I was worried enough already without people jumping in to remind me about all the stuff I should be worried about. 

As for the situation you mentioned, my best advice in the future would be to calmly ask wether a pregnant woman needs help rather than just assume she does.* I absolutely get why you reacted as you did and it was very sweet, but I also completely get why she reacted so angrily as well. It seems like everyone and their mother has an opinion or judgement about everything you do when you’re pregnant and it can be beyond frustrating to deal with. I am glad she took the time to apologize and explain her reaction to you once she felt calm though.

*Note: she may still have been upset over having someone ask if she needed help. Asking calmly could cut down on the risk of that happening though.

So based on Tori/Bobby's Instagram story, it sounds like they are currently packing and preparing to move.

Fingers crossed the announcement is just about this!

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived