IGNORED

Seeking Sister Wife

@BachelorToTheRapture, The McGees mentioned in the 1st episode something about their synagogue/house of worship turning against them when they came out as polygamists. As others have mentioned, it seems unlikely that Paige has any female friends. Plus Paige has some extended family drama. I don't doubt the boys were excited about the prospect of more friends/a bigger family for once. 

• Upvote 3

This is the stupidest wedding sponsored by TLC I have ever witnessed.

The Snowdens can just go steam themselves to death.

How many cultures were just appropriated?

...I think I was most offended by Ashley’s “Britishized” headwrap. Gadzooks. That was awful.

But there’s a tell all next week, Yay!

Edited by AliceInFundyland
  • Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

This is the stupidest wedding sponsored by TLC I have ever witnessed.

The Snowdens can just go steam themselves to death.

How many cultures were just appropriated?

...I think I was most offended by Ashley’s “Britishized” headwrap. Gadzooks. That was awful.

But there’s a tell all next week, Yay!

Super excited to get all pissed off about the Snowdens' cultural appropriating bullshit when this shows up on my Amazon tomorrow! :D 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I have missed the past few episodes of Seeking Sister Wives, and missed the first ten minutes.

Ashley and Dimitri never had a wedding, and are not legally married. Ashley is going to renew her vows, Vanessa is marrying Dimitri, and all three will have a union, but not all three are married, Ashley and Vanessa have a sisterhood. Dimitri will wash their feet, and that symbolizes their new walk together. 

Ashley and Dimitri have been together for nine years, have three children, but Ashley and the children just met Dimitri’s family a few months ago. Ashely and Dimitri’s parents/families have never met. Dimitri’s dad is not attending, he doesn’t do crowds. Dimitri said he is not close to his parents, and left at a young age. All three mothers will be staying at the Snowden house—talk about crowded! 

Dimitri’s mother Lestra arrives first. Dimitri said his mom is “off the meat rack” (his words), and is blunt. Lestra told Dimitri, Ashley and Vanessa she doesn’t trust females. Lestra said she is not best friends with her own sisters. 

Vanessa’s mother Jojo is only concerned that polygamy is good in theory, but is worried Vanessa won’t be fully embraced, and be an outsider. 

Vanessa, Ashley and the three moms (Mama Donna- Ashely’s mom arrived) go to the dress fitting. Ashley said her style is regal matriarch, and Ashley said Vanessa’s style is whimsical fairy. While Ashley and Vanessa are getting dressed the moms chat, and Mama Donna (Ashley’s mom) said she feels like she is in a dream. Jojo (Vanessa’s mom) said she raised Vanessa to be an independent thinker, she had a non conventional family, and will go with the flow. Lestra said they did not raise Dimitri in a polygamous home. Vanessa’s outfit is romper (according to Jojo) and it is pretty short. Ashely’s romper is pant length. Both women look beautiful. 

Dimitri and his best friend of 15 years go to the barber shop in lieu of a bachelor party. William asks how can you love two women? Dimitri said love is not divisible (sound like Kody from Sister Wives?); he said you don’t only have 100% of love to give to your first child, and when you have a second child that 100% doesn’t get divided, you just have more love. William asked will there be a team kiss? Dimitri said no. 

Dimitri said his culture is of the indigenous people of Cuba, some type of Indian, but I did not catch what type. He said they do things at sunrise and sunset. An anklet is put on the right ankle at proposition (his word), and moved to the left at the wedding. 

Ashley and Vanessa have a Goddess party instead of a bachelorette party. The feminine energy surrounds and uplifts them. They have henna. Vanessa thanks everyone for attending and being open, and the questions start coming. Vanessa’s sister Jennifer (she is 16 years older than V) asked if there was a child plan. Vanessa said probably in the next six months. Someone asked will there be a third wife, and they said sure. Ashley said they are trying to build an empire. Jennifer said it sounded like a pyramid scheme, and that the new wife would be the lowest man on the totem pole, and responsible for child care. Jennifer asks where does it end? You’ll always need a new wife with a pyramid scheme. Vanessa felt insulted, bombarded with questions and looked caught off guard. Ashley answered and said it wasn’t a pyramid scheme. Mama Donna spoke up and said she saw growth in their relationship; she feels the women complement each other, and is very happy for them. 

Ashley and Dimitri discuss the goddess party, and Ashley said pandora’s box was opened, and felt their relationship was torn apart. Dimitri said our friends and family that attended the goddess party know how to get ahold of us, if they had questions they could have reached out, and didn’t need to wait until the goddess party to do so. Ashley said it is our life, our decision, she is going to be positive and try to remain unaffected by the negative. 

They have a cocktail party at the vineyard the day before the wedding. Ashley’s dad Jose is in attendance and said you don’t have to answer, but asks Vanessa "how the sex thing works". Vanessa said we each get Dimitri every other night. At the cocktail party Jennifer (Vanessa’s older sister) talks to Ashley and says you have everything- the children, a history with Dimitri, Vanessa is an outsider. Jennifer wants to know if Ashley is all in with Vanessa. Ashley’s face is priceless! Ashley was uncomfortable with Jen, and before the wedding spoke to her one on one again, and said they need to clear the air, Ashley felt blindsided by the comment from last night, and Ashley said she is blessed to have Vanessa. Jen said Ashley nailed the answer. 

Vanessa is equal parts excited and nervous for the wedding. Vanessa does not want people to focus on polygamy, she wants people to focus on the wedding. Dimitri said he is nervous he’s never done this before. I believe he was legally married and divorced prior to meeting Ashley. 

Naz is the wedding officiant, Naz is an acoustic sound healer, and a friend of Dimitri’s for 13 years. The kids, three moms and Ashley’s dad are in the first row. Ashley walks down the aisle alone, then Dimitri walks down the aisle with the foot washing bowl. Ashley and Dimitri renew their vows, say ase or ashe (I do not know the significance of this, but it said multiple times), Dimitri washes Ashley’s feet. Next Vanessa walks down the aisle, Ashley is sitting, Dimitri is standing. Naz asks for any objections, dramatic TLC pause, the camera pans the crowd, no objections, exchange vows, rings, kiss and Dimitri washes Vanessa’s feet. Naz adorns all three with white bindi, and this clears the conscious, and opens minds. Dimitri, Ashley and Vanessa are all sealed together, and all three walk down the aisle together. 

C-Tru performs for Vanessa and Dimitri’s dance, Ashley joins. Dimitri’s sister Lauren gets upset, but does not want to explain on camera, she yells let’s go to what I am guessing are her kids, and storms out. Dimitri explains Lauren is upset they didn’t get to spend time together, they haven’t seen each other in many years. Dimitri and Lauren are yelling at each other. Everyone knows weddings are a chaotic time, and those not involved with the wedding may get down time to catch up, but those involved with the wedding are in my experience incredibly busy getting everything ready for the wedding. The bride(s) and groom don’t have time to sit and chat. All three appear very happy after the wedding. Vanessa said it has been a wonderful eight months, I am not sure if they first met and got married within that time frame. 

The tell-all is next week. Bernie dyed his hair and beard for it!

Edited by HA88
Grammar
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Apparently Dimitri was legally married before (2003 - 2011) and the marriage overlapped his relationship with Ashley (approximately 2008-09 to present based on their claim they have been seeking a sister wife for 9 years). 

• Thank You 4

@pugglemama That makes me like him sooo much more. ?

He is a weird guy. I think he is some kind of entrepreneurial/idea man. Sometimes those ideas are good. And sometimes not. And he has that approach to business, life, women whatever. So he probably gets investors and shit based on that. Probably sometimes that fails. 

There was that scene in this last episode where he was in his office messing around with a robot??

The same sort of man we see in our more traditional whacked out religions. Big ego. Pompous. Controlling. All the same bullshit.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

I just can’t get over the fact that Vanessa’s “prize” was a relationship with that smug and pretentious couple. Both are suffering from delusions of grandeur. The talk of starting an empire was really creepy to me.

I’m glad I was not at that ceremony because I would have felt rude laughing but it would have been really hard not to.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

So Vanessa has left Dimmy!  Vanessa has already deleted this post.

Spoiler

941DECE5-33AE-473C-907E-2B1F5FD114C8.jpeg.084a4d473629139ebf90a178582edad4.jpeg

Spoiler

B763B48D-6409-4739-AEE9-EFBCE0203E16.jpeg.e3f552b2a9aa4210a19bbc34efa02352.jpeg

• Thank You 5

@Don'tlikekoolaid She deleted that post already? I saw it this morning and was happy she got out. She didn't even really look like herself at the end. I'm sure she's getting some I-Told-You-Sos from her family right about now. How old is Vanessa? Does anyone remember if she said on the show?

I wonder what the breaking point was. How long ago was that wedding filmed??

Edit: Also, damn! That was an intense tell all! Bernie came out looking a lot worse, that's for damn sure. I definitely believe Brandy's version of events. 

Edited by IreneIssh
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I think she decided not to be a nanny/housekeeper with benefits and wants to eat steak occasionally.  I also think Ashley can be a real bitch about how things are to be done.

• I Agree 5

Awesome tell all. As horrible as the McGees are - it was nice how supportive all the other families were to them.

And if any other woman chooses to get involved with the McGees or Snowdens again, she is an idiot.

Think Vanessa is mid30s

Edited by AliceInFundyland
  • Thank You 1

SSW Tell All with host SuChin Pak

The clips of Jennifer (Jeff Alldredge’s potential third wife) are shown. Jeff commented the afterlife is real. The producers of the show reached out to Jennifer and her boyfriend responded they had a baby, but he would not share a picture, and that he was a pretty high up Hell’s Angel. Jennifer was interviewed by producers, and asked for pictures of the baby, or even of the nursery, she produced no proof she had a baby. Jennifer said she found out she was pregnant, and at that time her sister texted Jeff that Jennifer was in the hospital with appendicitis. Jennifer admits there was never any appendicitis. I think Jeff, Vanessa and Sharis all handled themselves with grace, they said it hurt to be lied to, but they wish her well. Jennifer did a live video chat at the tell all, and continued to blame her little sister, and said she didn’t want to feel judged. Jennifer’s sister claims she didn’t mean to lie. Jennifer said she was sorry. Jeff said raise your child, and enjoy your life. Vanessa told Jennifer they forgive her, and wish her the best of luck. Sharis said she lives for her children, so she understands protecting her child. After the video chat Jeff said Jennifer’s lie was exposed, now she has to own it, and that’s hard. The crowd agrees Jennifer is brave for doing the live video chat. 
Sharis has posted a more detailed post on Facebook explaining how they met Jennifer, and how things progressed. Her name on Facebook is Sharis Alldredge. 

SuChin asked Paige and Bernie how they came to pursue polygamy. Paige said she felt she was meant for something different, and brought it up to Bernie. Bernie said he never would have brought up living the lifestyle to Paige. SuChin asked if he had thought about it, and he said yes. Paige was surprised Bernie had thought about polygamy before she brought it up. How could Paige and Bernie get to this point, and Bernie never have mentioned I was thinking about polygamy before you brought it up? Bernie said his favorite person in the Bible is David, and he had 36 wives, so Bernie grew out his beard, and decided to have more wives. 

The Winders were asked about their daughter, and said they hope people are open minded with her. They have a live and let live attitude. They seem very nice, but far too boring for a reality show. 

A clip of Dimitri and Jocelyn (from the first season) was shown. Vanessa said she liked how Dimitri and Ashley handled it. Vanessa (Snowden) said clearly they loved each other, he made a mistake, but they found a way to move on. SuChin said obviously Vanessa made changes and concessions what about you two? Dimitri said they didn’t make concessions, but they did make changes, and he gave the example of communication. 

The Snowdens (Dimitri, Ashley and Vanessa) and Mama Donna were interviewed. Mama Donna said she feared Ashely and her grandchildren could get hurt living this lifestyle. Mama Donna also worried about ulterior motives, and when Vanessa’s best friend  said Vanessa wanted to be on TV she was concerned. Vanessa’s sisters Adrienne and Jennifer were there via video chat, and Adrienne said she worried, she didn’t see the benefit for Vanessa in the beginning, but now sees how happy she is and that is all she cares about. Vanessa’s sister Jennifer seemed to stand by her pyramid scheme comment based on how it was presented, and I agree with her. 

The four guys were interviewed together, and once again they showed the clip of Dimitri with Jocelyn. This was from the first season, why are we showing it now? Dimitri said he selfishly went ahead, and felt guilt from letting his partner down. Bernie took responsibility for sexting. Colton said his wives are involved in his texts/messages with potential new wives, and Dimitri said he and Ashley also do group texting. SuChin asked if they felt they were a good example of polygamy, and the crowd concluded there are good and bad people in all lifestyles. Colton said there are easier ways to get sex than live a polygamous lifestyle. He said sex is only a small (but important) part of his marriages. 

The ladies were interviewed together, and jealously was discussed. Ashley said she experienced jealousy once, when she filmed all day, and Vanessa got the day off. Ashley said she does not experience jealousy with other women. Vanessa Snowden said she used to experience jealousy and possessiveness in previous relationships, but worked on herself. Tami said if you are jealous something else is going on, and Ashley said something along that line too. Paige thinks jealousy is normal, but as you grow with a sister wife it goes away and by the time you get to marriage it isn’t a big deal. I don’t know that Paige has ever made it to the not too jealous point. Bernie has dated other women, but I don’t recall it ever getting that serious. Sophie and Sharis agree it is the small things that can cause problems. Ashley wondered where Paige’s jealousy comes from, and Paige said she didn’t think she was that jealous, but maybe she was delusional (her words). Vanessa Snowden said something made you decide to check Bernie’s text messages, and Paige said she is nosey. 

Paige and Bernie were interviewed together. SuChin asked Bernie about kissing etc, and Bernie said I did not have permission to do that on my first date, and he said he didn’t. Surprise Bernie, Brandy is here! Bernie’s face when he heard that was one of oh shit, I’m caught, he was very uncomfortable. When Brandy came out Bernie said there is no reason for tension, they are adults, need to forgive and move on. Paige claims she tried to get Brandy to stay on the second weekend, and said Brandy always acts like the victim. Brandy did not agree with either claim. Paige said she was in shock when Brandy asked about the boundaries. Brandy said when I came to visit, we were courting, possibly moving toward marriage, past dating (when you can see multiple people), and they had asked her to move it. Bernie said after the first weekend he had permission to hug and kiss Brandy, but not on the first date. Brandy said it happened (night of the first date), but not on camera. Paige asked what happened. Brandy said a lot of things. Bernie said don’t go there, not a lot of things. Brandy said Bernie showed her the neighbor’s backyard, and kissed Brandy. Brandy said she said Paige’s name several times to get Bernie to stop. Brandy said she walked away with a hickey, and hands were places.  Brandy said Bernie bent her over a chair. Paige called Brandy a liar and said Bernie doesn’t cheat. Bernie said he gave a hug and peck, but she blew the rest of it out of proportion, he never bent her over a chair. Brandy walked off, then Paige walked off, she called Brandy a whore. Brandy came back, Bernie was still seated, and said she was trying to tell her side, speak her truth and Bernie walked off. 

Paige went outside, Ashley, Sophie and Sharis joined her. The husbands walked outside. Jeff told Bernie to come clean, Dimitri said don’t start with what you didn’t do, and Colton said Paige is your wife and your priority. 

The group gathers again, Bernie apologizes to Paige and said he didn’t want to hurt her, Paige got up to hug Bernie and accept his apology. Paige said she feels at peace, and still feels called to this lifestyle. Bernie asks the group is it worth it? Dimitri said absolutely. 

After the tell all on a black screen it said after filming the tell all Vanessa separated from Dimitri and Ashley Snowden. 

@Don'tlikekoolaid posted both the Snowden's and Vanessa's responses above. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, IreneIssh said:

How long ago was that wedding filmed??

I don't know when the wedding was filmed, but I read the tell all was filmed in early February. 

• Upvote 3

The young woman Jennifer claimed was her sister that texted the Alldredges ( first that she had appendicitis and then later that she died) has passed away. From what I have read Jennifer is not listed as a family member in the obituary. 

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/mobile/elora-woman-remembered-as-joyful-free-spirit-1.4369845?fbclid=IwAR2BFSwR9sPG9ZCLAfXfM8nwc6Xf08WCnofH6KthCnY6qFXuQtwweDf8m-M

• WTF 1

1 hour ago, HA88 said:

The young woman Jennifer claimed was her sister that texted the Alldredges ( first that she had appendicitis and then later that she died) has passed away. From what I have read Jennifer is not listed as a family member in the obituary. 

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/mobile/elora-woman-remembered-as-joyful-free-spirit-1.4369845?fbclid=IwAR2BFSwR9sPG9ZCLAfXfM8nwc6Xf08WCnofH6KthCnY6qFXuQtwweDf8m-M

Wow. What the hell? That's bizarre and incredibly unfortunate. That certainly seems to be her, but how did you find out about this? I didn't even catch her first name on the show 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, IreneIssh said:

how did you find out about this?

I saw the link in a Seeking Sister Wives Facebook group. 

On 4/16/2019 at 5:45 PM, HA88 said:

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/mobil

Speculation bus: I wonder if the suspect could be the boyfriend or someone close to Jennifer or if she could be involved in any way. She seems to be a bit deranged. Total speculation, I'm curious to see what actually happened, if she is her sister, etc.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

Speculation bus: I wonder if the suspect could be the boyfriend or someone close to Jennifer or if she could be involved in any way. She seems to be a bit deranged. Total speculation, I'm curious to see what actually happened, if she is her sister, etc.

I'll be honest. That totally crossed my mind too. That woman is so clearly unwell. 

Edited by IreneIssh

I hope none of these people return to the screen. They were all very good one or two season reality arcs that came together in one epic finale. But seriously..

The Snowdens are pompous blowhards.

Beyond anything else we know I think the Alldredges need to regroup from that experience. Surely they know people without having to be on TV.

The McGees are not polygamy material and have multiple issues.

And the Winders are just too normal and boring. Bless their hearts.

• I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Ashely Snowden’s website has topics where you can have an email consultation for $20 or a phone consultation for $75. She advises on the topics of diet and nutrition, education and homeschool, motherhood and birth, natural health, relationships and spirituality. I understand the Snowden’s are looking for fame, and now it the time to strike with their fifteen minutes of fame, but who is paying her for her expertise? 

https://ashleysnowden.com/adviseher/

Dimitri says he has a certified IQ of 129, and he builds the human experience. “my last name is what will be imprinted into history” 

https://dimitrisnowden.com/who-is-dimitri-snowden/

I can’t find the link, but apparently Paige wrote that her family always keeps kosher, and cheeseburgers are kosher. Many people said combining dairy and meat in a meal in not kosher. 

TLC has not confirmed season 3 of SSW, but there is a casting call on their website. I would love a follow up on the Briney family, and while the Winder family seemed lovely they were a little lackluster, and didn’t provide the drama the other families delivered. 

https://www.tlcme.com/inside-tlc/TLC-Casting

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/seeking-sister-wife-will-the-snowden-family-return-for-season-3.html/

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/TheBrineyFamily/videos/2033631270277002/

Angela Briney has a video clip sharing that the Briney family is moving to Missouri. She said very generous people offered help, and housing-- they don't even know where they are going. The family made the decision to move two weeks ago. I guess (hope?) kids are homeschooled so they could move now without disrupting the school year. Angela said Drew said this is the craziest thing he has ever done. 

Frankly is sounds like a decision the Browns would make!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 12:32 PM, HA88 said:

https://www.facebook.com/TheBrineyFamily/videos/2033631270277002/

Angela Briney has a video clip sharing that the Briney family is moving to Missouri. She said very generous people offered help, and housing-- they don't even know where they are going. The family made the decision to move two weeks ago. I guess (hope?) kids are homeschooled so they could move now without disrupting the school year. Angela said Drew said this is the craziest thing he has ever done. 

Frankly is sounds like a decision the Browns would make!

Angela had an interesting interviewed on Year of Polygamy podcast. 

On 4/19/2019 at 9:33 PM, AliceInFundyland said:

I hope none of these people return to the screen. They were all very good one or two season reality arcs that came together in one epic finale. But seriously..

The Snowdens are pompous blowhards.

Beyond anything else we know I think the Alldredges need to regroup from that experience. Surely they know people without having to be on TV.

The McGees are not polygamy material and have multiple issues.

And the Winders are just too normal and boring. Bless their hearts.

I think it’s Vanessa Alldredge’s brother Mitch that married Christine and Kody Brown’s daughter Aspyn. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Wow, Bernie has passed away, sounds like a heart attack.   I feel badly for his sons.

Spoiler

AA442FE1-4321-4B3E-80F2-713CE1BFF88D.thumb.jpeg.5848d5e8c6d552e464ac52a66c4d2385.jpeg