IGNORED

Seeking Sister Wife

TLC's newest train wreck! Dating+ Polygamy. What could possibly go wrong? 

Well those two are clinging to the guy like burrs! The other one will have to be behind him on the couch. 

The Snowdens...yeahhhh

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

@ChickenettiLuvr :) This should be fun! 

So the Snowdens want to have another wife because they both want more children? I mean are they baby hoarders? 

So Ashley the first wife in the Snowdens, wants more children but also seems to be at capacity with 3. Is another wife really the solution here? 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

This already smells like epic disaster. 

It sure wouldn't work for me. Never. Never ever.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

Ashley clearly never watched Sister Wives if she thinks that her sister wife will be her best friend. Meri and Janelle hated each other. They're always bickering for Kody's attention. 

Nooo wouldn't work for me either. I don't think that it works for anyone really. 

Edited by Carm_88
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 5

The Brineys

Wife 1: April- 8 Children, 6 at home. Older two have moved out. Homeschoolers. 

Wife 2: Auralee- Polygamist Family. Grew up in the lifestyle. She has a lisp. 6 children together. 

Wife 3: Angela. Din't grow up in this culture. Studied religious history. Met April first. *Instant connection Fundie style* She met him at 40, she wanted children. They were married 13 days later. 

Does Drew have a thing for women whose name starts with A's? 

3 Wives and 15 Children

Former LDS Mormons. He got into Fundamentalism, aka wanted to screw other women. April wasn't too open to it in the beginning. She had to think, pray, and study it. God told her that he wanted her to live this way. It's great! Hahaha she reminds me of Michelle Duggar, shes not fooling me. 

Have to learn to share your husband. It's a huge step. I would think so. Dying Jesus. Auralee and April have a rocky relationship. Her and April lived together for a year and half. They clashed a lot. Communication challenges say Drew. They've grown and cahnged and now they can start fresh. *Meow claws are out already!* 

It was too fast for April and it's a hard situation. I am sure that Drew will want another one yet. Wait until the Robyn moves in. Angela got pregnant right away. His name is Leonardo. 

They have a huge house. Good lord. It's really weird. Oh my god April has that Michelle Duggar voice. She really really really does. 

Angela knows that it's going to be a shitshow. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

Not being mean here, but Auralee has speech problems far surpassing a "lisp" or a fake Danish accent. Before she addressed it, I thought it sounded more like a hearing loss situation. 

Regardless, I'm sure alpha wife April has used it to her advantage. 

Puzzle me this: why did 3 beautiful women think that Drew was such a catch? Defies explanation and belief. But that's just my 2 pesos.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Snowdens

Does he really think that they are going to find a wife for him and Ashley? I mean Ashley does seem to want it a lot. They're online dating for their sister wife. 

I didnt even know that there were polygamy online dating sites. Well then...

Committed relationship, adventurous, smart, pretty. 

"I know that my husband is going to be intimate with another woman but I think that we should choose her together." 

"Are we being too picky?" Dimirti The answer to that: YESSSSSSS! 

They want to find a new woman before Ashley gives birth. 

"So we don't seem so thristy." Dimirti. You are thirsty dude. You are! 

Brinleys 

Think about all the parties we could host here. Yeah, about that. 

I don't get why Drew is a catch either @ChickenettiLuvr. I mean I'm not thinking of converting to polygamy to run him down and get him to marry me in 13 days. 

They rotate Saturdays. I wonder who the favourite wife is. 

Master bedroom debate. I think April is going to get it because honestly, she's the first wife. She has the bitch face. 

"I'm just thinking about the kids. I just want them to be happy." *Claws*

13? Didn't they say that they had 15 lol. 

They're arguing over the basement. April and Auralee. Angela will have to diffuse these situations. 

No one wants the Master Bedroom. April wants to give it to Auralee but she's apparently manipulative. 

Drew is not involved in this shit at all. Nor does he want to be. 

Auralee gets the Master Bedroom. April gets her own space in the basement. I think that's what she wanted. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

April is quite the wench. She gives new depth and meaning to passive aggressive. Holy cats!

• I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Alldredges

Vanessa: First Wife. 

Theresa: Second Wife

Hide Daddy's coming home? Um ok. Theresa grew up in the life style. The wife that isn't with the husband does dinner and breakfast the next day. That's weird. Jeff is the husband by the way. He's not making me run to be a third wife either. 

Jealousy? It does come up but not very often. 

"I'd rather have a really good husband and share him, then have a mediocre husband alone." Ummmmm! Noooo. You find a really good husband and you keep him to yourself. Good fucking lord almighty.

Melina is their potential sister wife. They have a lot in common. Her and Theresa. Vanessa hasn't had a chance to really spend much time with her. They're excited to see how it goes. Interesting, one would thin that the first wife has more say but not in this case. 

Brinleys

It does get annoying living with all the brother and sisters says April's daughter. 

Auralee says that her and April didn't have to share a home. This is going to be challenging says Auralee. 

Angela wants to know how much they want to cook together as a big family and there is really no answer. 

Now there seems to be some tension between Auralee and Angela, kind of a BEC thing about Angela only having one child. 

Each wife brings out a different side of Drew and brings a different flavour into his life. It's difficult to have three wives. Well only get married once. That would really help. 

Damn Drew's genes are strong. 

Alldredges

Vanessa isn't too excited about this new wife. I think that shes already feeling a out of it. So now...eek. I don't really blame her. This Melina character, I'm not sure about either. 

Melina has a few friends that live in a polygamist life style. She has to court the family first according to Theresa. Then she gets to court Jeff. 

Melina says that there is more love in a polygamist family. 

Jeff wants to bang Melina real bad. She has a great smile says Jeff. ;) Rightttt smile. 

Vanessa wants to have another friend around. Oh she's pregnant, that would be why she feels a little off about all of this. 

Jeff wants to get to know her better. Winky winky, noddy, noddy. 

Melina has a secret....dun dun dunnnnnnn. Wait until next week to find out. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 4

I missed watching the show tonight, but I hope it will be repeated, because I want to snark watch. Thanks for the insights, @Carm_88.

Edited by Sky with diamonds
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Oh mercy. I am so on board for this. Thanks for the commentary, guys- i missed the show. You’re the best!!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Thanks @Carm_88. I watched the show but loved your recaps and agree with your points. 

I go back and forth with polygamy. I swing from thinking consenting adults hurting no one should be able to define their own marriages to thinking they are all batshit crazy. I will never share my husband and don’t understand how sharing one makes you a better person. 

I look forward to reading everyone’s reaction.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

The Snowdens: I get SUCH a weird vibe from them. They seem very travel- and African-pride-oriented so I thought their thing was going to be "well in many African societies polygamy was practiced and we think that's a great way to live," which makes perfect sense to me. But no, they just want a baby vehicle...? Super strange. Dimitri seems REALLY into more wives. Ashley I think is trying hard to sell herself on it. I don't feel great about the fact that they moved in with someone and Dimitri was sleeping with her/the kids were getting to know her and then things just didn't work out so they moved on. Odd odd odd. Don't really like them that much.

The Alldredges: They all seem pretty harmonious. Jeff seems nice. The wives seem good with each other. The kids are adorable. Vanessa is a little quiet/reserved but maybe she just isn't feeling great due to pregnancy. I predict there is something majorly wrong with Melina and she doesn't work out with them, then they realize they're perfect just the way they are now with Jeff and two wives. Sharis is super fun and adorable.

The Brineys: I think Auralee is SO precious and sweet, but maybe she's an undercover jerk...? April seems like a psycho, but honestly if my husband of like 10 years pressured me into polygamy I'd probably be a psycho too. Angela seems level-headed and nice. I'm glad things worked out for her the way they did (got a man and tons of kids, just like she wanted, all in the nick of time at the age of 40). I'm looking forward to the cat fights. Call me crazy, but I think Drew is super cute. I've been known to have a thing for older, chubby, balding men, though. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

I only lasted a few minutes and deleted the episode and the series record.  They made me itchy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Allredge's 

I fell asleep and woke up during Melina’s big reveal. So she can’t have children. That’s definitely not what I thought was going to happen. I’m glad that Jeff and company are saying so far that it’s about the individual and not the amount of children she can’t have.

The Snowdens

Ashley seems to be very into the idea of a sister wife and more kids. I know that it’s something that they want and I’m glad that they have both seen what is wrong with the last situation and have learned from it. I think personaly that it’s strange but if they are all for it. Joclynn is the current love interest (victim?). She wants a sister wife that doesn’t just want Dimitri. They sen Jocelyn a message. I have spelled her name differently both times.

Brinleys

April really does remind me of Michelle Duggar. It’s not just the hair either, it’s the voice and some of her crazy fundie wife looking. They’re going through growing pains from bringing in Angela. Angela is used to being alone and it’s a big adjustment for her. Drew is worrying because polygamy is on a lot of people’s radar. When they all moved into one big home, they are on people’s radar so that they have to be discreet. The neighbours are poking around a little bit says Angela. She says that she’s nervous about the neighbours. She’s afraid of being reported to the state. It’s taxing to hide it. Auralee says that they have chosen to be on the show even though the risks are drastic. She wants to shatter the prejudice against them. Now to be honest, if the women are all for it. That’s fine. As long as it’s not for crazy religious reasons ala FLDS, they’re not married. Dear god. April doesn’t get it. Her children don’t have the same risks as Auralee’s and Angela’s do. April wanted to invite the neighbours over and the other two are adamant that it shouldn’t happen. This is very Brown-esque. Did anything come of that?  

**Sister Wives put me to sleep. There's only so much whining about tacos that I can take. Dear immaculate lord. Look after me! 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

I'm appreciate of your company and insight, @Carm_88.

I'm pretty much brain dead after 3 snoring hours of Sister Wives.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

The Snowdens

The Snowdens have a Nanny. Now that is really interesting. Now I know why they can spend so much time trying to find a sister wife. Jocelynn is their girl for right now. They are going to video chat, while the Nanny takes care of their kid. They clearly love each other but I don’t know. It’s ust so weird. Joselyn is how it’s spelled. She’s in Seattle. What makes you interested in living this way and their profile? She thought that they were attractive and that they were beautiful black people. She thinks that the lifestyle is helpful for all of their needs. How do you feel about being public? She doesn’t care what other people say. She doesn’t think that her family would judge her for. She said that her sister is a lot older she’s 37. Then Dimitri made a face, because he’s 36. Then she said that’s different because she likes to date older. She wants a family that is close knit, Ashley really wants a friend in all of this. Joselynn agrees. Does she want children? She wants kids and she’s excited about being around kids. Dimitri and Ashely are kinda into it. Dimitri is really wondering if she’s ready to be a mother because they have kids already and she’s only 22. Oh that’s good that they are thinking about that. They like her a lot, I think. Judging by Dimitri’s man spreading anyway. Ashley is thinking that Joselynn is saying what they want to hear and she’s nervous about her age. Yes! Think about that, that is goooood!

Alldredges

I spelled this wrong the first time around. Vanessa and Jeff are talking about how good they feel about living in the country. Now they are talking about Melina. Vanessa says that she doesn’t know how she feels, she’s 12 weeks along, and she doesn’t really want to share her husband when she’s pregnant. Wife #2 has a connection with Melina but Vanessa is sick and she hasn’t ben able to invest as much in the courtship. Jeff at least listens to his wives, that puts him ahead of Kody in my book!

Snowdens

They are talking about their son Neo’s third birthday party. He’s excited about his birthday. Her Mom is coming to be with the family for the kid’s birthday. Ohhh Ashley has to tell Mom about them looking for a sister wife. Dimitri and Ashley are worried about it. They are serious abut it. They just haven’t found the right person yet. Her Mom wanted to know if she was in a cult, gay, so on and so forth. I mean, I think I’d ask the same thing. I know about the FLDS, they aren’t recruiting but I know about them and I would be concerned. Ashely knows her Mom loves her but she’s not sure how she’s going to take it. Who can blame the Mom? This isn’t normal. I mean whatever works for them!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

For the love of Rufus, I do NOT understand why the Snowdens are enamored with polygamy. 

If not for the sake of religion-- why the hell?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

The Snowdens

Nio’s birthday party! Yay blowing out candles. Ashley’s family is there. They’re nervous about telling her Mom that they are dating. “She flipped her wig.” Yeah, like a normal person. Do you guys know that its not normal. I mean you are both into it and consenting adults but still…! You’re on TLC, if that’s not a clue that you’re freaks then nothing does. Ashley’s sister is not shocked that they wanted pologamy because Ashley will try anything once. She’s trying to tell Ashley how to tell their Mom. Her mother does not approve of the lifestyle but Ashley still wants her support. Which is normal, I guess.

The Brineys

I called them the Brinleys. Ooops. They are talking about hiding themselves. Drew hates not being able to be open about the lifestyle. He’s an attorney, so he’s under extra pressure because he’s in the public eye. Auralee wants to be open about it but she knows that it can’t happen. She wishes that it could. Her speech impediment bothers me. April wants to be honest too but Auralee and Angela know that it can’t happen. As does Drew. April knows that she has the least amount to lose. So I guess at least she knows that. Angela doesn’t want to risk losing her son. She doesn’t want him to be a ward of the state. April doesn’t want the other two to be resentful of her. She can’t help that she’s the one that married Drew first. Well that was bitchy. “I’m the only who legally has Drew’s name.” Man this woman. April states that she would be losing her husband, that affects her as well. Auralee is going to be the visiting aunt and Angela is going to be the live in Nanny. April looks constipated. Drew’s hair also bothers me. They are not going to have any affection outside. “It’s not an easy decision to be on a show like this. Why did you decide to do this.” Drew says that they want to show that they are normal people. I don’t believe that. Dear god, there is something not right here. I mean they are adults and that is fine but there is also resentment. You can see that from April’s comments and from Auralee’s. Tension, cattynees. Ohhhh my!

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

Snowdens

Ashley needs to tell her Mom about what is going on. Dimitri is entertaining the family and the children. It’s going to be uncomfortable. Ashley says that she needs to talk to her Mom and they are out relaxing. “Dimiitri and I are not your typical couple. We are ready to start dating again.” Mom is putting the glass on her head. Her Mom is concerned that Ashley is going to get hurt again. She thinks that the relationship is only benefical to the man. I kinda think that’s true. Her Mom says that she wouldn’t be cool with it because she doesn’t share. It’s her life says Mom they need to make their own decisions. She’s not going to turn her back on them. She can’t judge. I’m glad that they can all talk like adults. She wants her Mom to meet the sister wife when it’s the right one.

Alldredges

Vanessa and Sharis are doing some homework with the kids. Jeff asks if they want to talk to Melina and they say yes. She’s going to come out to Utah to meet the kids and the rest of them. They’re going to let the kids video chat with her. Normally they would have met the family, the woman who is courting, but because she’s in Michigan it’s different. The kids are asking her if she likes kids and she is saying that she does and that her cat is her baby. I am with her, my cats are my baby as well. Sharis is going to get them dinner after they are finished chatting. She’s worried that Melina will think that it’s too soon to come out and visit them. Melina looks shocked. She doesn’t think that it’s too soon though. She thinks it would be good to meet face to face. Yadda yadda yadda.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I just can't see this ending well in any of the three scenarios. 

If I were April, I'd watch my back. And have a royal food taster. She is the Queen Bitch for sure. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

The last few minutes will be dedicated to the Briney drama. Let us stop and think about how this has all been done before! Kody Brown drama beats everyone else's. :P 

Brineys 

Bringing in all the kids to talk about the drama. The repercussions. Auralee hates lying. April hates lying and she wants to open and face the repercussions. Angela and Auralee are frigging dumbfounded by that shit. Drew is telling them that the neighbours don't know that they have more then one Mom and they need to protect the family. That's the only time that they can tell lies. Auralee tells them they may lose a lot because of unjust laws. They like to live with theirbrothers and sisters and they don't want to live apart. 

April tells them to say that Angela is the Nanny. They want to say that Auralee is extended family on Drew's side. Auralee hates hiding who she is but she knows what's best for the family. It's worth hiding it for the family. They ask if someone asks if Drew is their dad, Drew says to say that he is Drew. It makes the kid sad and Drew uncomfortable. DRew feels bad but he doesn't want to be prosecuted for living their religion. 

Errrr shit. That's rough but damn! 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2