IGNORED

Seeking Sister Wife

17 minutes ago, JeanieCat said:

Apparently Jeff's first wife was Cindy and they have 8 kids. She didn't want to be on the show. I think they are still legally married, although separated. Don't know if they were mainstream Mormon and then he wanted to switch and she didnt? She is on  FB but I couldn't pin her down. Others have said she is friends with some of the Browns on FB. She and Jeff and one of the other wives were at Kody and Robyn's wedding. 

Her name isn't Cindy, so you won't find her under that name on social media. She is friends with the Brineys, some of the Brown children, Christine Brown etc. 

Exactly right @Carm_88 I always thought why didn't he start his family earlier in life. Don't most male polygamists marry young?!  This explains! 

Briney related; cause I really am fascinated - I listened to year of polygamy podcast with Angela Briney ...and ok, I guess I kind of understand why she seems to really want to make this work. She has been "married" twice before, the second time she was in a polygamous relationship as the second wife for a whole year before the man and first wife asked her to leave! During these relationships she tried to get pregnant unsuccessfully. So Lenny truly is her miracle baby!  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Angela evidently had a blog called “the virgin wife chronicles”.   I found that she said she couldn’t have sex due to vaginismus, but then it was only available to registered users.  I saw someone say her first 4 yr marriage wasn’t consummated (?).

• Rufus Bless 1

On 2/18/2018 at 6:53 PM, Carm_88 said:

https://speakingofpolygamy.com/2018/02/17/dimitri-and-joselyn-ssw-s1e4-c2/

Fuck this asshole! What an absolute dick. Sorry, I was in a rage reading it and wanted to share with my fellow snarkers! 

I stopped reading after the below (my bolded) :pb_eek:

So, was it adultery?  My answer is, certainly not.  Adultery can only happen when a married woman has sex with a man who is not her husband.

• WTF 2

On 2/20/2018 at 8:54 AM, Rosalie said:

Geez... TLC really knows how to find them...

Where do they find some of them? Under a rock? Mommy's and daddy's basement?:wtsf:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

So am I the only one getting the vibe that Ashley is looking for a sister wife for her sexual purposes as well? She gets way too excited by the looks of these women. 

Angela seriously annoys me.  I mean she grates on my nerves. It’s not that April and Aurelee are great but Angela has this serious attitude that she is so much better than the other wives. You married a man after knowing him two weeks. You are on your third marriage.  You need to take a seat and shut up. I don’t think she wants a relationship with the other wives or kids either. She probably wants to just be able to say she is “married” and now she has her child. Marrying a polygamist man after knowing him two weeks reeks of being desperate and not having good judgment. Hell I wouldn’t let someone I am dating know where I live after only two weeks but I guess I am more cautious with relationships than Angela. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, socalrules said:

So am I the only one getting the vibe that Ashley is looking for a sister wife for her sexual purposes as well? She gets way too excited by the looks of these women. 

Angela seriously annoys me.  I mean she grates on my nerves. It’s not that April and Aurelee are great but Angela has this serious attitude that she is so much better than the other wives. You married a man after knowing him two weeks. You are on your third marriage.  You need to take a seat and shut up. I don’t think she wants a relationship with the other wives or kids either. She probably wants to just be able to say she is “married” and now she has her child. Marrying a polygamist man after knowing him two weeks reeks of being desperate and not having good judgment. Hell I wouldn’t let someone I am dating know where I live after only two weeks but I guess I am more cautious with relationships than Angela. 

Ashley and Dimitri's former sister wife has posted extensively in a FB discussion group.  She says that the reason the relationship fell apart was because Dimitri couldn't keep it in his pants.  Despite having 2 wives he was still catting around town.  Also she refused Ashley's sexual advances and was summarily dismissed from the family.  And if that wasn't enough when she refused to have a baby by Dimitri he choked her.  YIKES!!!

I feel like Angela just wanted to have a baby.  After 2 failed marriages her clock was running out.  She hooks up with this guy and is pregnant inside a year.  Good for her for getting the baby she's always wanted but it seems to me that she's paying a VERY HIGH price!

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

I am not discounting the idea that Ashley wants a sexual relationship with a woman but to me she also seems absolutely desperate to be seen as an edgy, cool woman so much more evolved than the average 30 something mother of three.

Angela doesn’t bother me so much. I love that she refuses to kiss April’s ass. My favourite moment of the episode was when April was acting like she was the one in charge and telling the other two that a fire had to be started and Angela said “go ahead , you start it “  April was shocked and had no comeback. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

I think April, Auralee, and Angela all have their own set of issues and while April is getting the bad edit, I can't discount Auralee playing victim for sympathy. Angela just wanted to have a baby and time was running out, so she made her bed with Drew and now she has to deal with that drama. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

I came to this conclusion last week but thought it best to sit on it for a bit. Am watching the rerun episodes now leading up to the new Sister Wives at 8/7.

I now firmly believe that Drew plays all sides against the middle. It waa blatant when he and April sat in April's tent, looking dumbly at Angela as she's needing help with her tent. Dr'Douche.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Did anybody else get the feeling that Melina just came to down to dump on Vanessa.  I feel like she showed up, spit in their face and bounced.  She was SUPER passive aggressive and not likable AT ALL!!

As soon as I saw Jamira's body I knew in an instant that Dimitri wasn't going to go for her.  That and the fact that she has 5 kids!?  That's a BIG ask!!!

I get the feeling that Ashley and Dimitri will never find a sisterwife that they both agree on.  I think Ash wants to be pleasing to her husband and he want to sleep around.  They'll keep playing the "we're still looking game" until somebody gets sick of it.  

• Upvote 4

Melina was super duper passive aggressive toward Vanessa. It was like Vanessa was suposed to bend over backwards to make Melina feel better. Like what the fuck? She really didn't want anything to do with them. She just wanted to dump on them or something. 

Dimitri wants to sleep with much younger women and Ashley wants to be the most attractive woman in the house. Not gonna happen! :P 

• Upvote 2

In other plig news is anybody watching Sister Wives.  The recent therapy sessions between Meri and Kody have been VERY interesting.  Basically they're not sleeping together and haven't had a good relationship for YEARS.  There have been rumors about this that they've denied.  She was ready to leave and he was comfortable with her leaving.  Now she wants to purchase a business but he's telling her that she can do it but he's not willing to offer financial support and she shouldn't expect financial support from the rest of the family.  He's right of course and she, as usual, is being whiny and unrealistic.

Meri's attitude reminds me a lot of April Briney's attitude.  I wonder if it's a first wife thing?

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

@ActualReality in case you are still looking for it Sister Wives is discussed in the Quiverfull of  Fundamentalist Mormonism thread. 

Edited by Botkinetti
Spelling
  • Love 2

• 9 months later...

A new season of Seeking Sis Wives is beginning in Jan/19!  It looks like most of the old cast is back.  Oh goody, cause this disaster of a show is really entertaining!     :popcorn2:

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Brineys put up a blog post (http://thebrineyfamily.com) about why they won't appear on the new season even though TLC filmed months with them, TLC choses not to air the Brineys segments. 

In short; April Briney left the family ...

In long; go read! 

I assumed April left the family from her vague social media posts over the past months, I am relieved for her. Life is too short to live unhappy! 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, SummerRocks said:

The Brineys put up a blog post (http://thebrineyfamily.com) about why they won't appear on the new season even though TLC filmed months with them, TLC choses not to air the Brineys segments. 

In short; April Briney left the family ...

In long; go read! 

I assumed April left the family from her vague social media posts over the past months, I am relieved for her. Life is too short to live unhappy! 

Wow. That has to be a financial loss for TLC to have filmed the whole season with them. I'm glad April left, she was clearly unhappy. I didn't like that Angela implied that she left due to "mental instability." I hope April finds happiness with whatever it is she wants to do.

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, IreneIssh said:

Wow. That has to be a financial loss for TLC to have filmed the whole season with them. I'm glad April left, she was clearly unhappy. I didn't like that Angela implied that she left due to "mental instability." I hope April finds happiness with whatever it is she wants to do.

April definitely wasn't cut out to be a sister wife. Now, I'm not completely certain that she is mentally stable, because she seemed to be jealous, controlling, and very manipulative. It may be the situation she was placed in, but I'm not certain I'd call her mentally sound. 

• Upvote 2

I’m glad April left, I think her manipulating and jealousy were a product of her environment and the possibility of being a rather passive aggressive person to begin with.  Or maybe PA is a fruit of “keeping sweet”.  Ewww.

I hope she doesn’t have to fight for child support and can access the therapy she needs.

• Upvote 2

Can we move this to the QF full of Polygamy Forum? It airs right after Sister Wives and would make snarking easier

18 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Can we move this to the QF full of Polygamy Forum? It airs right after Sister Wives and would make snarking easier

So I moved it to be near Sister Wives.  If anyone objects, drop me a PM.  Thanks.

• Thank You 5
  • Love 2

http://thebrineyfamily.com/2019/01/19/brineys-not-returning-to-tlcs-seeking-sister-wife/

The Brineys will not be returning because first wife April left. She ran away with her kids and cut off contact, she was eventually forced to let the kids speak to the rest of the family again. According to the Briney family, she is making allegations against them. I'll have to look into this more (likely tomorrow) to see if her side of the story is out there. TLC apparently was filming as she left the family, I hope that they or someone else air the footage, it would be FAR more interesting than their regular programming. Drew tried to court a new wife as the family was dealing with April leaving. The person writing the post (it says it was written by Angela, but the way it describes Auralee I think she may have actually written it, who knows...) claims that this "beautiful" woman was a great help to the family through that difficult time. W.T.F. I have to imagine that it's particularly hard for the kids (both staying and leaving). Again, I would love to see them actually broadcast this and let us see what it's like on both sides and in more depth than a show like escaping polygamy when someone breaks free 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

What a mess.

Well, several messes.

Brineys: 20 year wife, 12 year wife,1 year wife. April needed out. She left. All in all, good. Poor kiddos.

Snowdens: If it ain’t Mormon related polygamy...what’s up? I think she wants in. Why this can’t be admitted to on national tv? Just make some other show about polyamory that we can dissect and snark on because they will probably screw it up,

These new people living in the camper. Oh honey no. You don’t want to be a polygamist. Are y’all trying to get money? Your husband (on first glimpse) looks like he loves you and boys. Wtf are you thinking?

The two women living half hour apart. Hahahaha. They aren’t into sharing either. 

The Allredges- building their big house together - they seem okay with their thruple. But they have bad juju in their courting game. Picking a third in a bikini? I know little about swiping on sister wives. I would probably vote no on that. And the previews show that she isn’t what she seems.

These men. Even if they start well with two....they need to keep adding more. The perpetually shifting dynamic sucks. How do you ever make this work? 

• Upvote 4

It was so clear she shouldn’t be in that situation. It’s so unfortunate that their religion doesn’t let them leave. I hope she is getting support. None of them seemed liked terrible people, just hindered by the constraints of their belief system. It’s so sad that she felt she needed to “flee.” 

Utah sucks. I am no fan of this lifestyle. But it’s heartwrenching to see the whole pack up and flee the state bit. Feeling persecution for your beliefs is not good and starts the whole thing out with a level of suffering for wives 2 on down.

Looking over to Meri Brown. Let her out. She has a viable? route now with this B&B. Support her. Give her space. Maybe she could heal and miss the family enough to reconnect again. She has a benefit of having no small children. She has her mom. I feel like they all know this on a certain level and can’t get there yet. 

Edited by AliceInFundyland
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 2