IGNORED

Seeking Sister Wife

Has anyone else been watching? I cannot stand the Snowdens this season. Last season they were pretty annoying, but they've somehow gotten more smug and I can't contain my eye-rolls. Also, that McGee guy is a creep and I feel so bad for his older son. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

I busted up laughing when they went on the date and it showed her ordering the steak. Serves that jackass right. I cannot wait to see the follow up on that. Those two are pretentious idiots.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

On 1/31/2019 at 9:35 PM, AliceInFundyland said:

I busted up laughing when they went on the date and it showed her ordering the steak. Serves that jackass right. I cannot wait to see the follow up on that. Those two are pretentious idiots.

This.  I wonder who really is behind the "no red meat thing."

Also, rhinestones on their forehead? These people are special!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I think April, Auralee, and Angela all have their own set of issues and while April is getting the bad edit, I can't discount Auralee playing victim for sympathy. Angela just wanted to have a baby and time was running out, so she made her bed with Drew and now she has to deal with that drama. 
Why didnt Angela get a sperm donor? So much easier than dealing with this hot mess.
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 1/31/2019 at 11:05 PM, AliceInFundyland said:

They're the worst! They are really the worst! So pretentious and stupid! 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 1/31/2019 at 8:35 PM, AliceInFundyland said:

That was my favorite part! I can't wait to see them overreact.

• I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

That was my favorite part! I can't wait to see them overreact.

I was once in a situation where the question was asked, "what is the craziest thing you've done for love?"

I said, "I'm engaged to a hunter and have gone on trips."

Seriously. These two... Should they be lucky enough to find any woman to put up with everything else they require... They want to ditch her for ordering off-campus red meat? . Oh. My. Rufus.

My policy is not in my pans and sustainable products and practices if at all possible. Also, possibly some toothbrushing if we are intimate.. Because yes, that can be a tad bit odd. Still, I'm never going to tell someone not to eat something.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

While I think both of them are idiots Ashley irritates me more than Dimitri. He can’t wait to have sex with another woman but she is just so delighted with her own perceived edginess that I just want to slap her. Millions of people eat the way they do so it doesn’t make them more evolved or special. I think the bindis were appropriated to make her feel mysterious and deep. 

I think both of them are astonished that thousands of women haven’t lined up begging to be in their family.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

For anyone interested in learning more about the cast or recaps on the shows I would suggest visiting the website speakingofpolygamy.com. The authors of the site are polygamist, and know some of the people on the show (live in the Brown's house in Levi, UT), and I have found their insight quite interesting. 

I do not care for the Snowden family. Dimitri slept with Jocelyn in the first season, but somehow Ashley and Dimitri acted like it was solely Jocelyn's fault. Then on the past episode Dimitri was being coy with how he phrased it, acting like he could be confessing to not following the intimacy guidelines, but in actuality Vanessa ordered red meat. Ashley made it out to be like Dimitri won't care for eating red meat, and Dimitri made it seem like Ashley was the one who would have a problem with it. I think it could become a big issue if they all live together. I think Ashley is willing to try polygamy so she can keep Dimitri, but doesn't want to live that way. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

That blog is interesting. Thank you. They are quite opinionated. 

I do not think they care a whit for the Snowdens. Very much, “not our kind dear.” :pb_lol:

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Oh boy that blog. She was talking about that polygamist cheese vendor like it wasn't a producer driven interaction. She actually said 

"All I can say is, that was a wonderful tender mercy." 

I have never seen someone use that non-ironically to be honest. I guess I usually avoid those types.

Edit: Sorry I just had to quote the following paragraph: 

"The episode shows all-too-brief excerpts from the conversation, which I would pay money to see in entirety, between the polygamous Winders and the polygamist cheese vendor. I was so touched by it that I starting tearing up. I looked over at my sisterwife Melissa and her face was red with emotion as well. God is so good!"

I might be too jaded for reality TV at this point. Meeting that cheese vendor was not by chance ?

Edited by IreneIssh
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

So last night's episode should have been called the Snowden show, I think they got as much air time as the other three families combined. The theme seemed to be let's create drama/story lines, and felt very staged. Also for the love I do not need a recap every five minutes, I can remember what happened before the episode break. 

So the Allredge family had Jennifer leaving for a family emergency at the end of the last episode. Jeff couldn't tell if Jennifer was telling the truth about the family emergency. Vanessa feels weary and after the Melina situation I understand her hesitation. Jeff admitted he put his arm around Jennifer. This family appears to have clear rules of what is appropriate during the dating period, and everyone is on the same page. They agree the next step is for Jennifer to come visit their family in South Dakota. I wonder if they know what the family emergency is because no one seems to upset, on edge or curious. 

The McGee family: Paige wants a sister. I want to yell at these women you can make friends and have close friendships, you don't have to share a husband to have a strong female relationship. Paige and Bernie Skype with Brandy who is 41, has two children and a grandchild and is not looking to have more children. Paige and Bernie want more children, so perhaps they need to look for a younger wife. Also if Paige wants more children why doesn't she have more? Their youngest is 11. Bernie is messaging several women. I think Paige and Bernie need to discuss and agree on clear guidelines/rules/boundaries for prospective sister wives. The Allredge family seems to have that established, and Ashley and Dimitri nailed down boundaries after last season's fiasco with Jocelyn. Paige wants to be in the loop, and her jealousy prompted her to check Bernie's social media and text messages and she discovered Bernie was having a raunchy conversation with another woman. The woman said she knows how to please a man, and Bernie responded you'll just have to show me. My guess is Paige wants to be included in all texts and messages, not just have Bernie chatting with another woman. 

The Winder family is boring, and not currently seeking a sister wife (at least not until next episode) so they needed to create some controversy. Sophie's mother April, brother Angelo and his girlfriend Erica come over to chat. This conversation felt so staged. April was a second wife, her husband has since passed, and a grandparent of Sophie's was also a polygamist, so she grew up in this lifestyle. I don't believe Colton or Tami grew up in the polygamy lifestyle. Angelo says he doesn't agree with polygamy, it doesn't make sense to him, it is not his thing, and he doesn't feel he could be a good husband to two wives. April (Sophie's mom) is happy Sophie is living polygamy, and she feels it leads to happier marriages, and is important for happiness. Sophie says she is sorry Angelo is not supportive of the lifestyle. I would love to hear the whole conversation. Is Angelo against polygamy for everyone, or it is something he chooses not to practice? Sophie feels called to this lifestyle and her marriage with Tami and Colton. The way Sophie said it, and perhaps I am reading too much into it, but it sounds more like the three of them are married, and less like Sophie and Tami have two separate marriages with Colton. 

Dimitri surprises Ashley with a trip to Los Angeles for her 32nd birthday with her mom. Ashley said she has been surprised with trips before to Thailand, Malaysia and Australia. Who goes on these trips? Does Ashley go with her mom, by herself, or with Dimitri? So Dimitri sends Ashley to LA with her mom and the nursing baby, and Dimitri arrives and surprises the women at lunch with Vanessa. Ashley got a sitter for the baby she brought to CA, and Dimitri left the toddlers with a nanny in Atlanta. Dimitri says it is super risky to introduce Vanessa to Donna and it felt like they were simply doing it for the show. Donna (Ashley's mom) clearly looks uncomfortable, but maintains her composure. When Ashley is interviewed by herself she said Dimitri WTF? Donna asks Vanessa about her involvement in polygamy. Vanessa said she has never been in a polygamist relationship before, but she came across Dimitri and Ashley and they are beautiful human beings, she is in it for the right reasons, and says she will never hurt Ashley. How did Vanessa come across Dimitri and Ashley? Was it a dating website, and if it was clearly she had interest in polygamy to be on such a website. Did Vanessa see them on the show? I don't know how Vanessa came across them. Donna gives her approval of the relationship, and is happy Vanessa said she won't hurt Ashley. Donna is the only person who knows Dimitri and Ashley are exclusive with Vanessa. Dimitri called Donna mom, so I have to wonder what about Dimitri's family? Do they support this lifestyle? Donna and Ashley's sister were on the first season, so are they the only ones who support it, or are wiling to publicly support it? Next week Ashley and Dimitri ask Vanessa to move with them to California. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, HA88 said:

Bernie is messaging several women. I think Paige and Bernie need to discuss and agree on clear guidelines/rules/boundaries for prospective sister wives. The Allredge family seems to have that established, and Ashley and Dimitri nailed down boundaries after last season's fiasco with Jocelyn. Paige wants to be in the loop, and her jealousy prompted her to check Bernie's social media and text messages and she discovered Bernie was having a raunchy conversation with another woman. The woman said she knows how to please a man, and Bernie responded you'll just have to show me. My guess is Paige wants to be included in all texts and messages, not just have Bernie chatting with another woman. 

I totally agree that they need to establish better boundaries and expectations. This couple seems like they need to work on communication in general, which doesn't bode well for any other wife they might bring in.

Of all the women involved in this shit show, Paige is the one I understand the least. The Winders and Allredges are motivated to do it because of their faith, the Snowdens seem to do it for their own bullshit sense of woke superiority, but Paige claims to be the one who brought up this idea in the first place. Was Bernie already flirting with other women on the side, and Paige brought up the idea of another wife so she could keep him? The whole thing is weird, and doesn't really add up for me. 

Apparently, Bernie and Paige have been obnoxious on the facebook groups from what I've read on the Seeking Sister Wife subreddit. Bernie was initially a moderator on the main facebook page, and kept deleting posts and banning people, and Paige has been responding harshly towards anyone that criticises her or her family. I think the facebook page has since gotten rid of them or it's splintered off into other groups to get away from them. 

Dimitri called Donna mom, so I have to wonder what about Dimitri's family? Do they support this lifestyle?

I wondered the same thing. They haven't even mentioned anyone in his family over the course of two seasons. I'm starting to wonder what's going on there, and what his background is like. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

So I can't post them here due to them being screenshots of private conversations, but Paige has been rudely messaging people on social media, including telling someone who has a foster child with Downs that God intended for the child to be dead.  

What I CAN tell you is that if you google "Paige McGee Message", the first link will be to the SeekingSisterWifeTLC reddit, which has the messages.  It's an incredibly disgusting message.  Proceed with caution.

• WTF 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I do think some of these couples try to hard to arm twist people into accepting their lifestyle without an ounce of criticism.. I don't want them to be shunned or prosecuted. I wouldn't shun family members or friends over polygamy. However, I would strongly prefer they not be polygamous, just like I would strongly prefer they be non-smokers over smoking. If they were to constantly chirp about how wonderful polygamy is, I might (calmly, civilly) dispute that and then move on. 

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
Spelling
  • Upvote 3

Once again it should be called the Snowden show. 

McGees: Bernie does not see a future with the woman he was sexting last episode. He agrees to no electronic intimacy, but said he is going to have to woo a woman which could include holding hands and a kiss on the cheek. Paige wants a sister, and wants to complain about Bernie with the sister. Paige and Bernie video chat Brandy again, and she says while she doesn’t want more children she wouldn’t be opposed to a third sister wife having kids. Brandy wants sisterhood, more than a friendship, and will come visit next episode. 

Snowdens: Ashley wants to move to Los Angeles, CA after her visit last episode. Dimitri complains about their 13% tax and earthquakes. He hates moving, and said they would need to liquidate land, and move assets and vehicles. Dimitri’s job only requires an internet connection and an airport. Ashley wants to start over in LA. I wonder what she is leaving behind in ATL. She feels ATL served its purpose and would like to be closer to family. Dimitri's parents live in Phoenix. Ashley and Dimitri ask Vanessa to move with them to Los Angeles, and after a classic TLC dramatic pause she agrees to move. Vanessa said she felt caught of guard, but feels like she won the life lottery with Ashley and Dimitri. Vanessa enters Ashley and Dimitri’s room with non alcoholic sparkling cider to celebrate. Dimitri said the sexual tension is escalating. Vanessa brings up the topic of work, and Dimitri would like her to not work, and maybe she can start a nonprofit. It appears Vanessa has agreed to their dietary choices. Next episode they are moving to Los Angeles. The Browns on Sister Wives currently have the moving story line, and pretended like it was a brand new idea, but oh wait it has been discussed the past 2-3 years. Ashley mentions moving to California, and Dimitri pretends like this is news to him, but after five seconds he is on board. 

Winders: Tami and Colton were members of the LDS church, and were excommunicated when they married Sophie. They home church (just the four of them), and don’t have a group to lean on. So my guess is they don’t have many polygamist friends/family. Colton feels it is God’s will for their family to grow. Sophie is ready to create an online profile and pursue another wife; Tami is hesitant, not in a rush, and admits she is still adjusting to Sophie. The adults take some pictures on the farm to create their online profile. Fundamentalist LDS (not FLDS associated with Warren Jeffs) is not a religion option on the dating site, so they list themselves under Christian. 

The Alldredges were not in this episode, but will be in next week’s episode. 

• Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy to all my FJ sister wives. It's been a wee bit. (Have missed you much.)

I get home from a gals weekend just in time to turn on TLC, hoping to catch some Sister Wives. Imagine my disappointment when, instead, the image almost larger-than-life was the ding dabbity Snowden idiots. 

Where newbie Vanessa tries to hand back her funky glass for one with wine. And I hear this:  "I'm on day X of an alkaline cleanse in preparation for intimacy with Dmitri."  Hork. Double hork.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Howdy to all my FJ sister wives. It's been a wee bit. (Have missed you much.)

I get home from a gals weekend just in time to turn on TLC, hoping to catch some Sister Wives. Imagine my disappointment when, instead, the image almost larger-than-life was the ding dabbity Snowden idiots. 

Where newbie Vanessa tries to hand back her funky glass for one with wine. And I hear this:  "I'm on day X of an alkaline cleanse in preparation for intimacy with Dmitri."  Hork. Double hork.

I don't get this cleanse at all cause even if it did work, once you stopped the cleanse your pH would be off wouldn't it??? 

I think this is some weird way for the wife (forgot her name woops) to exert control. Cause in theory she COULD stop having sex with Dimitri while they do the cleanse and let the other woman have him. But I doubt that'll ever be on the table. 

• Upvote 7

I don't know an alkaline cleanse from my dog's kibbles & bits.

But after Vanessa's bravado stunt daring to order & eat that beautiful steak in front of Dmitri-- I knew there would be hell to pay. 

And according to the clip I saw tonight, hell has a blender of green viscous goop made by Ashley. 

... Did anyone else catch Vanessa's sister from Australia reading her the riot act over joining the Snowden cult? Freakin' hilarious. Raised Vanessa's hackles right up, she did. 

• Upvote 5

That cleanse makes no sense to me. When Vanessa clearly buys it and says "well, scientifically speaking" I just burst out laughing. It almost makes those jade vagina eggs make sense.

Do the Snowdens work at all? Is Dmitri encouraging Vanessa not to work an attempt to control her? It definitely reads that way to me.

• Upvote 5

On 2/13/2019 at 5:52 PM, IreneIssh said:

Oh boy that blog. She was talking about that polygamist cheese vendor like it wasn't a producer driven interaction. She actually said 

"All I can say is, that was a wonderful tender mercy." 

I have never seen someone use that non-ironically to be honest. I guess I usually avoid those types.

Edit: Sorry I just had to quote the following paragraph: 

"The episode shows all-too-brief excerpts from the conversation, which I would pay money to see in entirety, between the polygamous Winders and the polygamist cheese vendor. I was so touched by it that I starting tearing up. I looked over at my sisterwife Melissa and her face was red with emotion as well. God is so good!"

I might be too jaded for reality TV at this point. Meeting that cheese vendor was not by chance ?

Well, I found my new location!  "Meeting a polygamist cheese vendor, a wonderful tender mercy"

Thanks! 

• Haha 4

This show is so many different trainwrecks.

What is going on on with Vanessa? She is going to come out of this at some point and be like what have I done. The twin flying over from Perth to be like wtf have you done seems to validate that.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1