IGNORED

Seeking Sister Wife

Well, my head is pounding with all of this dysfunction. 

I'm taking myself off to bed so I can go to work at my non polygamous but still dysfunctional job. Boss is back.

Thanks for hanging, Sister Wife @Carm_88.

Sister Wife Chickenetti 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Re: The Brineys 

I don't get it.  Why the convoluted scenario and the lies?  Why tell the kids that only the kids of the first wife can call their dad "Dad" in public, but they need to call him or refer to him as "Drew" in public?  Can they really fear prosecution, seeing as it's been years since a poly family has been prosecuted when all the adults are of age and consenting to the relationship?  And what's with the whole cloak and dagger thing with the neighbors?  THEY'RE ON TV!  Evenknow about their lifestyle and I don't get TLC, haven't seen their show, and live in a different state.  Who do they think they're hiding from?

• Upvote 15
  • Love 3

Every time I see a Snowdens scene it reinforces my theory that Dimitri really wants to bone other people and his wife is just along for the ride. :pb_rollseyes: I mean the whole "this time we're going to get to know someone first BEFORE we move in with them and try to turn them into a broodmare" uhhhh, yeah, what was the process like with the first attempted-sister-wife??? Things are not going to work out for that family.

The Allridges seem really nice. I'm glad they aren't blatantly shopping for a walking womb (AHEM Snowdens). I still feel like something is up with Melina but I hope she's wonderful and they all live happily ever after because I like this family a lot.

I adore all the Brineys except for April. She is almost comically bitchy. I'm going to hope that TLC is painting her as the villain for ratings...because otherwise wtf. Auralee and Angela seem really sweet and like they get along well. I hope April doesn't murder them.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

New Snowdens theory: so either Dimitri just wants to bone other women and Ashley thinks she has to let him to keep him, OR Ashley is also into women. I really thought is was option 1 but something about last night got me thinking about option 2. Joslyn is gorgeous but she's only 22...???

The Allridges are so sweet. Seeing them comfort Sheris when Melina didn't show up was heartbreaking. Melina, wtf! You turn down the one normal-ish family?!

The Brineys are wild. I can't figure out which wife is a secret murderer, but definitely one of them is. Their segments are like an episode of Clue. "It was April in the Kitchen with a Laundry Basket!" "It was Auralee in the Bedroom strangling the victim with her Giant Necklaces!!"

Edited by bananabread
grammar
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

Glad some other FJers are watching too! My take on last night's episode.

Snowdens:
Dang! Ashley did NOT seem happy to watch Dimitri get all hot and bothered for a 22 year-old with long legs. I think she has a really idealized vision of polygamy. Sure, adding sisterhood and friendship to a family dynamic sounds nice in theory, but in practice, it means sitting there feeling left out while her husband falls in love all over again, googly eyes and all. She's heavily pregnant and feels like crap, so why would she put herself through that at her most vulnerable time?? Dimitri seems thirsty as hell and way too excited to make out with a stranger. I highly doubt his and Ashley's relationship is as healthy as they proclaim.

Allridges: How did Sharis meet Melina in the first place? She doesn't seem religious or part of their culture at all. Melina admitted to her friend that she and Jeff were not close at all, which sounds like a very strange way to approach mariage. I feel really bad for Sharis who thought she had made a true friend. I think these women are very isolated as housewives living in rural Utah and crave more interaction. Jeff seems like a surprisingly good husband, I'll give them that.

Brineys: Drew really needs to step in instead of letting his wives hiss all day. It was his idea to bring everyone under one roof, he should try to resolve some of the problems. I feel for Angela who came into this mess after only dating Drew for 2 weeks. Another woman whose "research" led her to believe this was a great system, only to find out it works better in theory than in practice. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I’m currently thinking that Drew Briney is possibly a bigger dumb ass than Kody Brown. Rule #1. in the polygamy handbook... Don't go public. If you are truly afraid of being outed as a polygamist don’t  a. have all your wives and children live under the same roof in a Utah neighborhood and b. don’t go on TV looking for a 3rd wife. 

Let us not forget Rule #2.  If your wives don’t get along, don’t have them live under the same roof. Nothing good can come from feuding wives sharing a kitchen. Just ask Janelle Brown. Seriously, the entire situation is set up for failure  

I really think the Snowdens should have taken a hard pass on Joselyn when they found out her age. Dimitri seems interested in a harem while Ashley has convinced herself she wants some kind of mini commune situation.  I don’t see this working out for them. 

Edited by ChunkyBarbie
Riffles
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Dimitre is a walking hardon, he's in it for the sex. 

April could be the poster child for personality dysfunction .  The woman is scary and the last thing she needs is a poly life style.

This show is upsetting on so many levels!

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Ok folks. Roll call please for who is watching tonight's episode with me.

I'll have Jill Dullard whip up a batch of super duper holy banana bread as compensation. :content:

• Upvote 1

Well, since I'm too damn lazy to get the TV remote from the other end of the house (never mind why it's there) ..... I'm re-re-re-watching the SSW shit show.

Sorry Auralee-- somebody lied to you. You do NOT have a lisp. You have something called Rhotacism (unable to pronounce Rs) + something else (because you struggle with other letters/ sounds too).  Official diagnosis per Dr. Google.

Which is all completely irrelevant when we're trying to figure out what type of person you are.

However, please do yourself a big favor and at consult with a qualified speech therapist asap. Why? Because at least one of your beautiful children has the same struggle. Life can be very difficult and cruel to folks with speech issues.

(Btw, Auralee sounds like a grown-up version of adorable Truely Brown. I hope her parents are seeking speech therapy for her as well.)

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

What the fuck.  I just came across his thing in time to see the Snowdens meet their potential sister wife for the first time over lunch in some restaurant. The dude is just clearly all about getting a little extra, with maybe a little ego trip on what an advanced human he is for making it all happen. 

His wife done lost her mind.  Maybe it's just baby brain that made her get all enamored of the whole fantasy but she totally looked like she was hoping for a much less attractive person who would just totally get her and be her new bestie. Instead she gets  this 22 year old hottie who just wants to try out something a little wild with the husband.

Such weird vibes all around.  TLC just keeps scraping the bottom of that barrel, don't they? 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

I kinda am excited to see what happened between Dimitri and Joselynn. Ashley is only kidding herself if she thinks that Dimitri cares if the woman gets along with her. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

I am LOVING this new show!  I'm fascinated by all of them.  The rural family is the only one who seems normal to me.  They seem to get along well and have a nice brood of kids.  I don't really understand why they want to add more wives but whatever.  

The screaming harpy family - The Briney's are a hot mess and i'm here for it!  April is a passive aggressive psycho who's ready for her close up.  The Dutch accent lady is a manipulative mess and the older mom wanted a baby and family and got a WHOLE LOT MORE!

The Snowdens.  Lord, lord, lord, the Snowdens!  I honestly can't roll my eyes hard enough at their entire situation.  Ashley seems like she wants to be cool with all of this but kind of isn't.  Her hubby is pretty much a horndog.  I read in a preview for the next show that he slept with Joslyn the first night they met.  I wonder if things worked out with her or not.  Good grief! 

eta:

I've been doing a little digging and I think I have a bit of info on the Snowdens.

Here is the episode description for S1E5:

Vanessa's pregnancy is in jeopardy and she faces a life threatening surgery; the Snowdens meet up with Joselyn to see if she will come clean about sleeping with Dimitri; the Brineys go camping in hopes of easing the tension amongst the three wives. 

This is from S1E6:

The Alldredges' world is rocked by an unexpected phone call; Ashley Snowden proposes a new potential sister wife; the Brineys get some shocking news that threatens to tear them apart.

Seems to me that the young hotness was voted off the island!

Edited by ActualReality
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, ActualReality said:

Seems to me that the young hotness was voted off the island!

Hahah perhaps after a night of sex, Dimitri decided to swim to different waters. He does seem like a horn dog. That is for sure! 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Hahah perhaps after a night of sex, Dimitri decided to swim to different waters. He does seem like a horn dog. That is for sure! 

I get that the rules for these things might be a little loose but Dimitri's actions seem super wreckless to me.  They agreed not to move too fast but he runs off and spends the night with the girl the first time they meet face to face.  Um, no.  That doesn't seem like the way to make a strong sister wife bond with his existing wife. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

To me, the Snowdens seemed most upfront about it all. Or maybe I just find them more relateable since they say they do not practice polygamy for religious reasons and I'm an atheist. I did some snooping around on Instagram and they have a common account for the show as well as individual accounts:

https://www.instagram.com/thesnowdenfamily/

https://www.instagram.com/iamashleykapri/

https://www.instagram.com/dimitrisnowden/

Btw, their third baby was born healthy, a girl. That young stewardess didn't seem to make the cut, I don't see her mentioned anywhere. That Dimitri actually slept with her... I did not expect that, so maybe it's not all as hunky-dory as they make it sound.

Dimitri seems to make a lot of money (I was very impressed by their house) and Ashley just has a really cool hippie vibe (that's the best I can describe it as a clueless outsider :pb_lol:).

Regarding the other couples, Drew Briney gives me the creeps, don't know why. And the Alldredges: Getting a sister wife who is unable to have children of her own seems like a bad idea (not that she has less value as a person, but if your whole idea of life is centered around having a big family, I can see some big resentment down the line/the childless wife feeling less valued etc).

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

On 2/7/2018 at 7:46 AM, DillyDally said:

To me, the Snowdens seemed most upfront about it all. Or maybe I just find them more relateable since they say they do not practice polygamy for religious reasons and I'm an atheist. I did some snooping around on Instagram and they have a common account for the show as well as individual accounts:

https://www.instagram.com/thesnowdenfamily/

https://www.instagram.com/iamashleykapri/

https://www.instagram.com/dimitrisnowden/

Btw, their third baby was born healthy, a girl. That young stewardess didn't seem to make the cut, I don't see her mentioned anywhere. That Dimitri actually slept with her... I did not expect that, so maybe it's not all as hunky-dory as they make it sound.

Dimitri seems to make a lot of money (I was very impressed by their house) and Ashley just has a really cool hippie vibe (that's the best I can describe it as a clueless outsider :pb_lol:).

Regarding the other couples, Drew Briney gives me the creeps, don't know why. And the Alldredges: Getting a sister wife who is unable to have children of her own seems like a bad idea (not that she has less value as a person, but if your whole idea of life is centered around having a big family, I can see some big resentment down the line/the childless wife feeling less valued etc).

It's kind of telling that the last IG post on the family page says "that time you confused a lesson for a soul mate."  Might this be a coded message to the young girl from seattle?

Also, what happens in your life when you go on national tv and sleep with a married man?  Even if his wife is cool with it you've got to face the general public day after day at your job.  Especially with the kind of job she has.  I can't imagine that she's having an easy time.  #slutshaming

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Just saw a commercial for this while at my parents house and came right here to see if there was a thread!!

Just started watching the second episode and I have a lot of thoughts. I agree with some who have stated that they go back and forth on polgamy. I think adults should make their own decesions, but...

Looking forward to catching up on the thread and the show!

Also they use the word courtship! 

• Upvote 1

Whoa April is super manipulative, and Dimitri so didn't want Ashley to come on his date. That look! It's all about Dimirti and April, can we put those two in a room and have them smother each other with their egos? 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Dimitri's behavior was SUPER shady (and i'm here for it).  Kudos to him for fessing up but dang - sneaking out after the camera's went home for the night - um. no dude.  You knew that was wrong.  Pregnant wife sleeping at home with your 2 kids.  So wrong on every level.  How do you trust a person who so easily breaks the rules!

BTW - if I were Ashley I would want to have a conversation about polyandry.  A brother husband might help to smooth out the entire situation!!

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

I missed the first 15 minutes! Oops. Let’s see what happens here! J God I love a good train wreck and this show is it! I am sick of that California psychic commercial though.

Dun dun dun!

Brineys!

April and Drew are doing their thing. Celebrating an anniversary. It’s rare for Drew to take a trip with one of his wives. Yet he makes the trip special all the same. Drew’s very touchy. Lots of shoulder stroking. April feels that shes not getting attention from Drew. There’s a conflict every once and a while between April and Auralee. You know why that is? Because you decided that you needed another wife and April kept sweet. Bad back eh? Maybe you shouldn’t have signed up for another wife.

The other wives! What’s happeneing at home.

Auralee is trying to figure out a scooter. April and Auralee are not on the best of terms. Auralee is doing this because she wants to have emotional bank with Auralee. She’s trying to have everything under control. It’s not really working. So is April the taskmaster? Does she keep everyone in line? Kids run wild when she’s gone? I can’t imagine how Angela will bond with all of those kids. I mean she’s nuts enough to do it. There’s a trampoline with no netting around it. That’s a safety hazard.

Snowdens!

Dimitri is currently tomcatting! Trying to get down with Joselyn. He’s nervous, yeah because he has every plan of cheating on his wife with a younger model. Does he care about Ashley? I really really don’t know. I have no clue. I feel like Dimitri wants a lot and I don’t know if Ashley can give him everything that he wants. Which isn’t fair to Ashley. Joselyn has been looking forward to it all day. She asks if Ashley helped him with his clothes. It’s really weird. He is MEZ-MORIZED by her right now. He is piling it on strong. They are like super flirty. In front of the cameras no less. It’s fine and dandy, would Ashley really want to see this? No I don’t think that she would.

Dimitri is trying to say that she’s really mature. I’m not judging Joselyn here. I feel like Dimitri is the horn dog. Like a really weird horn dog. He doesn’t want a schedule. Yeah, yeah, yeah. “Do you believe in love at first sight?” Dimitri does. Because he’s thinking with his penis right now and his penis definitely believes in love at first sight. Totally does. He’s super attracted to her. He doesn’t want the date to end. Do they do kisses? See what happens. Uh huhhhhh. The date was amazing! Yeah I am sure that it was. Mr. Dimitri will never be allowed on his own. And I don’t blame Ashley for that. It’s not sketchy at all to say goodbye in front of the film crew and then meet up afterward! If I were Ashley, I would want to kill him. That’s not what she signed up for!

*Commercial Break*

- Dimitri ain’t nothing but a hound dog, lying all the time! :P

- The whole April/Auralee situation isn’t going to get better. It’s going to be a like a Meri/Janelle thing. I guess it already is. What does Drew do about it? Gets another wife. Men!

- I haven’t seen the Alldredges yet, but I hope they discover what happened to Melina. Papa Alldredge does seem a bit off but generally they seem more stable than the other two couples.

-Fuck this catfish storyline on Sister Wives. I am so damned sick of hearing Meri whine about being catfished.

Seeking Sexy Times. ;)

Brineys

April and Drew are having an awkward picnic lunch. Drew is having a bad back day. He broke his back. I shouldn’t make fun of him. “It’s a heavy load to bear.” April is actually quite pretty, she looks good for all those kids, she popped out. I wonder is she really manipulative or just naïve? Drew seriously drop bringing in the third wife to make things better. “You are such a trooper.” I really do think that April would kill him at times, if she could. Like dude, it’s your anniversary trip and you do something that will hurt your back. That’s not very smart. April is giving him a massage, I’d give him a kick in the ass. You knew that this would happen, that’s just dumb. It’s hard to watch someone in pain…yes April. That’s not on you.

Alldredges

Vanessa is going to tell the children that she’s pregnant. They actually do seem to like each other. Jeff seems to like his children. Sharis seems pretty upset about the Melina situation but she does seem to be trying to make the best of it. They are looking at the baby onesie with the number 8 on it. The kids do seem super excited about the baby. They seem to be going in a pattern, so it’s boy and girl. They are excited about the baby. “100 babies.” Jeff doesn’t seem to want 100 babies. That would mean a lot of wives.

Brineys

Drew is hurting and someone hurt themselves on the tire swing and April’s daughter is the one who got hurt. Auralee is at the hospital with Kyra. April is talking to the nurse on duty and Auralee is being called the babysitter. It has to be hard on April and it also has to be hard on Auralee as well. It’s not easy to be away from someone when something has happened. She has damaged vertebrae? Auralee says that there is no need for them to come home. April is clearly really worried and Drew

*commercial break*

CATFISHED!!!!

Brineys

April is waiting to hear from Auraleee. April puts her on speaker phone. Kyra is home, no breaks. Just some bruises and scrapes. Good to have someone who loves and cares about her daughter. That’s the benefit of the lifestyle. Ummmm ok. Postive turning point for the two of them? Yeah right. April and Drew say good night to Kyra. Auralee thinks that this shows theyre a good team. Angela doesn’t think anything will change.

Snowdens

Drama drama drama. Ashely is looking forward to hearing how the date went. She called him sleeping beauty and now she is going to ask him if anything happened. Ashley wants to know what happened! Spill it! He’s nervous to tell Ashely about what happened. He’s going to go on and on about the black dress. Real good conversation, she was drinking, they talked about a lot. Dimirti says that they went out and had a night cap, a couple of drinks. He’s right awkward now. They were getting ready to close the restaurant so we had to find another venue. “Did antying happened?” “Ahhhh yeah actually. We uh we were intimate.” Ashley just says ok. She doesn’t look overly impressed though. “The first thing that pops in my mind is why? I wasn’t sure how I felt in the moment.” “Do you feel any guilt?” “I hold myself accoutanble.” No Dimirti you do not. Ashely isn’t sure what the future holds because of this. Joselyn is definitely out because of this. “One trip doesn’t mean you know a person. Intimacy is the easy part!” Ashley is clearly very hurt about this and I really don’t blame her for a second. Dimitri disrespected her to infinity.

*Commercial Break*

Sister Wives Catfish Commericial has been shown at least once every break.

Seeking The End of This

Allredges

I spelled that wrong. I don’t really care. They are talking about Vanessa being pregnant and Jeff says that they both have compassion when the other wife is pregnant. She thinks she’s around 12 weeks pregnant. She’s going to have a midwife and that’s common in a polygamist lifestyle. A midwife who knows you on a personal level and you an make a connection with. “Twins! A boy and a girl!” says the midwife. “Then they wouldn’t be twins.” Says the little girl. Zara? Maybe. They can’t find the heartbeat. I wonder what is going on here. Poor Vanessa, this has to be stressful for her. Sharis looks completely stressed out. The midwife just asked if she had a miscarriage before. They asked the kids to leave. The midwife says that she’s not hearing a baby. She says that it’s early and she says that she should and get an ultrasound to see what is going on. Vanessa keeps saying that she is pregnant. She’s terrified. Sharis looks really concerned still. It’s not what Vanessa was expecting at all.

Thoughts Overall

-          Dimitri damn well screwed up. If I were Ashley, there would be no more solo dates. Joselyn might be saying the right things but I don’t feel she cares about Ashley.

-          I feel bad for Vanessa. Whatever about the whole Melina situation, she seems to genuinely enjoy kids and being pregnant.

-          I like that Ashley wants Joselyn to come clean in the previews and say that they messed up. I really think that its not going to work for them.

-          I think Drew likes drama. Why would you bring another wife into this situation? The preview shows Angela crying becuase shes stressed out over April. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Angela did an interview with Year of Polygamy podcast that I found pretty illuminating. She was raised evangelical Christian, converted to mainstream LDS in her early twenties, and fundamentalist mormonism in her early thirties... I don't think this is said in the show, but this is actually her second time in a polygamous marriage and her third marriage overall. It's a pretty interesting interview and I'd recommend giving it a listen. REALLY can't imagine being moved to marry Drew (or April...or Auralee...) in fourteen days, but I guess when you've been given a patriarchal blessing that children will be borne through you, you are pretty much ready for anything. It's strange because she comes across as pretty down to earth and, well, normal for lack of a better word.

• Upvote 7

On 2/13/2018 at 4:30 PM, closetcagebaby said:

Angela did an interview with Year of Polygamy podcast that I found pretty illuminating. She was raised evangelical Christian, converted to mainstream LDS in her early twenties, and fundamentalist mormonism in her early thirties... I don't think this is said in the show, but this is actually her second time in a polygamous marriage and her third marriage overall. It's a pretty interesting interview and I'd recommend giving it a listen. REALLY can't imagine being moved to marry Drew (or April...or Auralee...) in fourteen days, but I guess when you've been given a patriarchal blessing that children will be borne through you, you are pretty much ready for anything. It's strange because she comes across as pretty down to earth and, well, normal for lack of a better word.

Wait a doggone minute - hold the phone!  How in the world did I not know that there was a podcast called Year of Polygamy!  Sweet baby jesus.  I can't download this fast enough!!!!

I'd LOVE to find a podcast where the Snowden's are interviewed.  If anybody knows of one please tag me or somehow let me know.

Thanks in advance!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ActualReality said:

Wait a doggone minute - hold the phone!  How in the world did I not know that there was a podcast called Year of Polygamy!  Sweet baby jesus.  I can't download this fast enough!!!!

I'd LOVE to find a podcast where the Snowden's are interviewed.  If anybody knows of one please tag me or somehow let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Omg you have a rabbit hole ahead of you! The host really gets on you about listening in order but I honestly don’t think it matters. The early episodes can be a little dry unless you’re a huge Mormon history nerd but she does some incredibly moving interviews. 

• Upvote 3