IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 32: Another Year and How Many New Duggars?

Coconut Flan

A few months ago some people posted on here about Krista's Q&A blog submission...well she finally posted the blog. She answered my question that I submitted so she may have answered ones you posted too...I found some of it really interesting and thought I'd post it here {she had taken down the entire website for a few days but now its back} https://throughtheconcrete.com/

I was surprised and saddened by a few things....1st, I was surprised that many of the girls weren't prohibited from attending college...But...I was also sad that the girls/women thought reading textbooks is the same as attending college...the discussions in college classes and being taught by a professor, IMHO, are just as important as a textbook. 

It was nice to see that some of the women had families that recognized mental illness as a mental illness but unfortunately some families still see mental illness as a sin...I wasnt shocked but it still made me sad. 

The abortion answers also seemed limited. There was a more thoughtful opinion and I think that post was from Krista since she's more progressive but maybe there are a few progressive women hidden away...but I couldnt have expected more. 

Overall it seemed that many of them were distrusting of IBLP and it gives me hope [along with Jinger and JILL...never thought I'd see the day....are wearing pants] that maybe the IBLP movement won't exist for forever. 

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, newyorkgirl52 said:

A few months ago some people posted on here about Krista's Q&A blog submission...well she finally posted the blog. She answered my question that I submitted so she may have answered ones you posted too...I found some of it really interesting and thought I'd post it here {she had taken down the entire website for a few days but now its back} https://throughtheconcrete.com/

I was surprised and saddened by a few things....1st, I was surprised that many of the girls weren't prohibited from attending college...But...I was also sad that the girls/women thought reading textbooks is the same as attending college...the discussions in college classes and being taught by a professor, IMHO, are just as important as a textbook. 

It was nice to see that some of the women had families that recognized mental illness as a mental illness but unfortunately some families still see mental illness as a sin...I wasnt shocked but it still made me sad. 

The abortion answers also seemed limited. There was a more thoughtful opinion and I think that post was from Krista since she's more progressive but maybe there are a few progressive women hidden away...but I couldnt have expected more. 

Overall it seemed that many of them were distrusting of IBLP and it gives me hope [along with Jinger and JILL...never thought I'd see the day....are wearing pants] that maybe the IBLP movement won't exist for forever. 

FYI it's a long read...not something to casually scroll through...

Women don’t have to go to college because they don’t have to have careers. In a way, we have more choices than most women. We can stay and live at home as long as we want. We don’t have to leave. So we can choose between staying at home or going to college, where in non-Christian families you get kicked out so you have to go to college or go live on your own and have to fend for yourself. While in Conservative communities we really get the choice.

Ah yes. The, ahem, 'choice', is really theirs. It's theirs everyone! We've been deceived! Even though they're kinda stopped from going to college and it's kinda expected they'll become housewives the second they marry, they had more options! Because they did one paid job before marriage! And their families weren't like the heathens who expected their grown up kids to act like grown ups and be accountable for themselves... they'd totally never allow a kid back in who'd fallen on hard times. They're heathens!

On 26/01/2018 at 6:14 AM, DugFan said:

One of the news stations reported that the Turpins (the nutjob, psycho parents who tortured their kids) named all of the children with names that start with J.  WHAT!?!?  The oldest is 29 so they couldn't have known about the Duggars (unless they were crazy enough to rename them).  Was this a fundie thing before the Duggars?

J for Jesus?

Someone that was on the same flight coming back from New Zealand with the Duggars said Jim.Bob was watching the Bay Watch movie. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Someone that was on the same flight coming back from New Zealand with the Duggars said Jim.Bob was watching the Bay Watch movie. :pb_lol:

"Michelle, I think you need to get one of them Nike swimming costumes for our private time."- Jim Bob

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

"Michelle, I think you need to get one of them Nike swimming costumes for our private time."- Jim Bob

“Sweet Fellowship”

J for Jesus?

I've always thought maybe because there are just so many J names? My husband, sister and I all have J names, the buyers of our house were two J names, at one point there were four J names in our office... I don't know.

Of course with the plethora of J names in existence, I still don't know why JB and M went with Jinger for J-child #6.

5 hours ago, PumaLover said:

at one point there were four J names in our office

We currently have nine J names in my office... and there are only 31 of us, total. 

Jeff

John

Jacob

Joel

Joe

James

Jeremiah

Janice

Jeremy

Nobody understands why I call them "The Duggars" when we have staff meetings. lol

Don't forget the poor Willis Clan offspring all have J names too, and there are 12 of them. So there definitely seems to be a pattern of big families that stick to a naming them having names starting with J, at least ones that end up in the media one way or the other.

On 1/28/2018 at 5:22 PM, newyorkgirl52 said:

Krista posted a poll where the girls want you to tell them things they didn't consider. I'm not sure how genuine they are...I also think one of the responders may have been Jana...but if their willing to be open I think it's worth a shot? I gave my opinion about their abortion answers and schooling... maybe some are trying to escape? Idk. 

This is what the girls said: All of that being said, I’ve opened a Google poll for anyone to submit anonymous follow-up questions or points you would like us to consider and respond to. Yes, this is an open poll. If you disagree with us about something and simply tell us that we’re “stupid” or “wrong,” the internet trolls won’t come after you. But, what learning or growth will occur? None. So please. Ask us questions. Make us think. Let’s grow together. Especially to all of my woman readers: the world is already against us and putting us against each other; let’s actually try to learn from one another. Ladies, y’all are so fierce, so brave, so smart, so talented. We have so much to learn from you and your experiences. And we’re willing to listen and consider

Poll: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScO1oj0KRIP9fnmellKfwG53Uxu7iAJRF392bYHgesA2eIpnQ/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.580983730

1 minute ago, newyorkgirl52 said:

Krista posted a poll where the girls want you to tell them things they didn't consider. I'm not sure how genuine they are...I also think one of the responders may have been Jana...but if their willing to be open I think it's worth a shot? I gave my opinion about their abortion answers and schooling... maybe some are trying to escape? Idk. 

What makes you think this?

Just now, karen77 said:

What makes you think this?

I'm still new here am I allowed to post to a Reddit thread? There were people talking about it over there and it made sense. It was because of this answer:

Despite what the media may say, I honestly don’t feel like I was treated that much different than boys. Really, I don’t. I guess you could say that there were “traditional” gender roles by the fact that the women in my family wore skirts, but in non-Chrisitan families little gifts often wear pink. I was never told I couldn’t go to college or I couldn’t work. I was encouraged to start my own business just like my brothers were. My brothers were interested in cars and I had other interests. We were both allowed to pursue our interests. How is that a burden just because I like things traditionally associated with “women”?

I bolded what the thread focused on to think it was her. It was mostly about the media focus. 

I found the article. While it does sound like it's coming from a person that lives in the spotlight, and while it certainly could be Jana, I guess it also could be Jinger or another sister. But at the same time it could be one of Krista's friends. 

On 22 januari 2018 at 8:09 PM, Knight of Ni said:

I think I remember reading a post where a fundamentalist pastor told a woman that since her husband died her son would become head when he turned 13. Umm what. How is that even remotely reasonable? 

It's not reasonable at all, but sadly also a pretty common practice in really patriarchal societies, for example in many places in the Middle East. Oldest male officially has power over any females in the family, be it his wife, daughter, sister or mother. It really, really pisses me off that this kind of misogyny and oppression exist. I am my own woman, damnit! Everyone, regardless of gender, should have the same rights. *jumps off soapbox*

On January 31, 2018 at 6:51 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

We currently have nine J names in my office... and there are only 31 of us, total. 

Jeff

John

Jacob

Joel

Joe

James

Jeremiah

Janice

Jeremy

Nobody understands why I call them "The Duggars" when we have staff meetings. lol

Still no Julie! 

I dimly recall reading somewhere here that Michelle didn't like the name, and someone speculated Julie/a may have been the name of a girl Jim Bob had fancied before he met Michelle.

Could someone with encyclopedic Duggar knowledge please confirm or debunk? :anyone:

Krista still baffles me a bit. I can't tell if she's genuine with her beliefs being so different from the other fundies or if she's someone that's just about to have a radical view change. 

16 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Krista still baffles me a bit. I can't tell if she's genuine with her beliefs being so different from the other fundies or if she's someone that's just about to have a radical view change. 

If she believes what is outlined in her blog post, she's still on the conservative side, but she's also willing to engage with the world and let live. I think that's probably characteristic of many mainstream conservatives (as opposed to people who live out more insular forms of their religious tradition).

19 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Still no Julie! 

I’ve got a Julie in my workplace!  As well as a Jennifer, Jackie, two Jessicas, and Joanne. There may be more in our other sites, but I can’t think of them off the top of my head. 

1 hour ago, Mrs. Figg said:

This is happening. It’s not terribly far from me. I jokingly asked Mr. Figg if we should go. Haha! He wasn’t interested. 

3A67CBB7-0E00-446F-AAFA-A498BF72A139.png

That’s how I want to spend my Valentine’s Day...:pb_lol:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived