IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 32: Another Year and How Many New Duggars?

Coconut Flan

The Duggar Family Blog people posted with pride that the Duggars are speaking at an IBLP conference in New Zealand. Not even bothering to cover it up or pretend it is just a 'speaking engagement'. They can put on as many pairs of pants and pierce as many body parts as they want, it does nothing to hide the fact they still support a sexual predator. They are still teaching that shit to their children. I dare say they are going more public with it. Cathy with her wooden spoon tweet is an example.  

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's very interesting that today Oldest was asking what was up with the Duggars now because I was telling off a leghumper. So I started explaining to her about IBLP, Gothard, submitting to their headship, and all the other Duggasr horrors plus cults like Scientology. She was visibly upset, the idea of not having personal autonomy and just how screwed up things are for the Duggar females. She's now diving head first into research, and with her intention to minor in psychology she's really interested in how it all works. FJ achieved their goal today!

1 hour ago, Shadoewolf said:

very interesting that today Oldest was asking what was up with the Duggars now because I was telling off a leghumper

Where did you find a leghumper? Was this in person or online? 

How do you describe the Duggars, or fundies in general, to convey the danger of their beliefs to someone who is unfamiliar? (In-person)

17 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

The Duggar Family Blog people posted with pride that the Duggars are speaking at an IBLP conference in New Zealand. Not even bothering to cover it up or pretend it is just a 'speaking engagement'. They can put on as many pairs of pants and pierce as many body parts as they want, it does nothing to hide the fact they still support a sexual predator. They are still teaching that shit to their children. I dare say they are going more public with it. Cathy with her wooden spoon tweet is an example.  

The Duggars don't run that blog themselves, is that right? They just run the FaceBook?

17 minutes ago, seraaa said:

The Duggars don't run that blog themselves, is that right? They just run the FaceBook?

No they don’t run the blog page. That’s run by two women who are fans and are on friendly terms with the family. I think one is named Ellie. I forget the other one’s name. 

12 hours ago, JMO said:

What's the wooden spoon tweet that Cathy did? I missed that. 

It was back around New Year's Eve. (Time flies when Derrick is being an idiot.)

On 1/17/2018 at 1:08 PM, Million Children For Jesus said:

Where did you find a leghumper? Was this in person or online? 

How do you describe the Duggars, or fundies in general, to convey the danger of their beliefs to someone who is unfamiliar? (In-person)

It was online, on the TLC Facebook. This lady was ripping them in the visitor comment section for firing Derick over the Jazz tweets and when confronted with the choice of TLC did nothing wrong or Derick is a liar, she promptly said the media was lying and then deleted the post. But I was typing fast and I must have made a face because she asked what I was talking about. So I explained a lot of it to her. Now she's digging into it all on her own. From a psych standpoint she's fascinated.

This birthday video for Joseph is just... weird. This was like 10% about Joseph, 30% about weather differences between the US and NZ, and 60% about some guy who looks like Jay Leno??

3 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

This birthday video for Joseph is just... weird. This was like 10% about Joseph, 30% about weather differences between the US and NZ, and 60% about some guy who looks like Jay Leno??

Michelle looks nice in that non-green shirt though. 

26 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

Do they! Have to! Use an! Explanation! Point! After! Every! Word!  ?!

SOTDRT! Rocks!

6 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Why are funny couples always matching. For some reason it bothers me.

When my husband and I first started dating we went on 2 big dates in a row to events (sports game and concert) wearing matching shirts unintentionally. So our first few official photos on Facebook we matched exactly and people were commenting on it because it looked strange :my_blush: 

Michelle probably packs both their bags and coordinates. Or, let’s be real, the J slaves pack their bags to coordinate outfits. 

It looks like the Duggar friend Clark Wilson passed away. The last picture I saw ofhim, he was looking quite ill and thin from his battle with cancer. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like the Duggar friend Clark Wilson passed away. The last picture I saw ofhim, he was looking quite ill and thin from his battle with cancer. 

Yeah, I saw that on the Bates page too: 

Did he also help build the Duggar house? So the big question is--what does a quiverfull fundy do when the headship passes away & there are still kids at home. It looks like from that picture there are enough grown sons to carry on the family construction business.  Who makes household decisions now?

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Did he also help build the Duggar house? So the big question is--what does a quiverfull fundy do when the headship passes away & there are still kids at home. It looks like from that picture there are enough grown sons to carry on the family construction business.  Who makes household decisions now?

Most of the Wilson children are grown. That picture is a few years old. Some are married. In my opinion, since Clark helped both the Bateses and the Duggars with their homes, they owe it to the family to return the favor and help them out in their time of need. Whether that means taking meals over to them on a regular basis or helping out with household type stuff. 

So I am a NZer located about 2.5 hours from where the Duggars are right now. In fact I am fairly sure the Duggars would have flown in to the airport 5 mins from me as it’s the nearest international airport to where they are in a rural area. I was doing a bit of digging this week and ATI’s Headquarters here actually used to be the NZ headquarters for Girl Guides (Girl Scouts). I remember going there as a Guide in the 90s. Given Guides focus (in NZ as I recall) on female empowerment, I do wonder if they knew who they were selling to?

On 1/20/2018 at 2:12 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

. Whether that means taking meals over to them on a regular basis or helping out with household type stuff. 

What, are you saying "thoughts and prayers" aren't enough? : )

Are there any unmarried Wilson daughters, and if so--serious question--if someone wants to court them, who do they negotiate with now that their father is dead?

Is it true that the Duggar family friend, the Widow Query, hasn't married off any of her grown children yet?

10 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Is it true that the Duggar family friend, the Widow Query, hasn't married off any of her grown children yet?

Actually her daughter Amara married in Sept. 2016.  Expecting or recently gave birth.  Would be interesting to know if her husband had to get permission to court/marry from her brother or mother.

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Are there any unmarried Wilson daughters, and if so--serious question--if someone wants to court them, who do they negotiate with now that their father is dead?

Yes I believe they have at least unmarried wilson daughter (I think more). Maybe they talk to a brother? 

13 hours ago, HereticHick said:

As far as I know, the “umbrella of protection” transfers to the eldest son in the family. I would assume any potential suitors would go speak to the woman's eldest brother. Any IBLP survivors reading here are more than welcome to correct me on this if I’m wrong. :) 

1.  I adore my brother, but I can't fucking imagine him making decisions about who I date or marry.  What if it is a younger brother?  ick.

2. Anyone else surprised that the Duggars know who Jay Leno is?  I admit that when I was scrolling & saw that picture, I did think for a second that it was Jay Leno.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived