IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 32: Another Year and How Many New Duggars?

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Bethella said:

Yeah, I've never heard of this agency. The father, Jim Holt, is former military and was a politician in Arkansas around the same time as Jim Bob. There's nothing in his wikipedia page mentioning adoption. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Holt_(Arkansas_politician) 

The Holt adoption agency basically started the international adoption movement in the US after they got a bill passed by Congress to allow them to bring orphans and "GI babies" from the Korean War back home with them to the US. They're still one of the most significant adoption agencies.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mack is 8 now. She gets wed at 19 she is almost certainly going to be pregnant along with one or more of her youngest aunts. And her mother could very well be pregnant. 

7 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Mack is 8 now. She gets wed at 19 she is almost certainly going to be pregnant along with one or more of her youngest aunts. And her mother could very well be pregnant. 

Yup. The Duggar version of the circle of life is an infinity loop.

56 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

And by the time the youngest of Jim Bob and Michelle's kids are married off, the older grandkids will be courting. IT WILL NEVER END.

Rufus, help us all.

1 hour ago, Playagirl said:

It's like the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was. And they'll continue singing it forever just because.

Just because they never stop having babies, It's on a constant loop! 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Yup. The Duggar version of the circle of life is an infinity loop.

I'd say broken record, but that would out me as an old fart.

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

The Holt adoption agency basically started the international adoption movement in the US after they got a bill passed by Congress to allow them to bring orphans and "GI babies" from the Korean War back home with them to the US. They're still one of the most significant adoption agencies.

I can't find a direct connection between the Arkansas Holts and the Oregon Holts.

18 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I'd say broken record, but that would out me as an old fart.

We're listening to some vinyl Little River Band right now... lol

16 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I can't find a direct connection between the Arkansas Holts and the Oregon Holts.

There is none. They just happen to share the same name.

Just now, Rachel333 said:

There is none. They just happen to share the same name.

I'd never heard of the adoption Holts before and someone asked if they were related, so I checked.

18 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

We're listening to some vinyl Little River Band right now... lol

"Reminiscing" holds a lot of memories for Mrs. AP and me.

As I recall, Mac and Jordyn are close, and I think Mac is the same age as Josie. I could, very sadly, see an unofficial marriage race among the three of them, if Michelle can let go of Josie.

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

As I recall, Mac and Jordyn are close, and I think Mac is the same age as Josie. I could, very sadly, see an unofficial marriage race among the three of them, if Michelle can let go of Josie.

pfffft, J'chelle will be pimping that poor baby girl out like Mrs. Bennet to Jane or Lydia....

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

I think Mac, Jordyn and Josie were all born within a year of each other. I dunno if I'm remembering right though. 

You are. Jordyn was born 12/18 and then Mac came the following October, then Josie about a week before Jordyn turned one. 

7 hours ago, Mrs.Right said:

Since it seems everyone living in the TTH, minus John, have gone to antagonize the good people of Australia, do you think John had to go to one of the married siblings home or do you think they let him be home alone? I hope they didn’t force an almost 30 year old to go to one of his married siblings home while everyone else at the TTH is gone. 

I can't imagine JD would be home alone.  How would he eat? How would he have clean clothes to wear? Who would make sure he wasn't looking at NIKE women? No, he obviously needs the shelter of one of the married households while the family is gone. My guess is with JoKen. 

*sarcasm* 

*kind of* 

Guys, I have a serious question. Do you believe all the Duggar and Bates children will end up married and at least with one child? (This question can apply to other fundies you know)

Personally, I think yes. Given what they're raised to believe, marriage and at least one child is likely. Age is not a big factor for them in terms of when it happens. All they care is that it happens at all. Jana (and JD for that matter) can get married at 35 and still become a parent. The only possible exception to this might be the Arndts.

I ask this because I was looking at the list of unmarried fundies and realized that there are more of them that are in their late 20s than we realize. The ones that comes to mind for me are Nate and Hannah Paine. And if you want proof that this will happen, look at their sister. I will also add that if she, as well as Michael Keilen, don't end up having kids, they'll be the exception. It'll likely be a result of undiagnosed infertility, which we're already seeing in Michael. These people believe that children are a gift and that if it doesn't happen to you, even if you try to make it happen, it just wasn't meant to be.

Sorry for going off topic. This is just something that came to my mind and I'm curious to hear you thoughts.

I personally think at least a couple of them from each family will stay single, and maybe more than a couple will have no kids. I think it's inevitable with that many kids, you're going to get some who just never marry for whatever reason, some who manage to leave the cult and decide against marriage/children/both, and some who try but can't have children. But I think it's waaaaay too early to even start to suspect who might follow that route. None of them have even hit 30 yet.

I don't think it is that odd to have children around the same age as your aunt, but my youngest aunt and I had children around the same time. She got married only a couple of years before me. She is 10 years older (and 14 years younger than my dad) So when I was having kids in my early 20's, she was having hers in her early 30's. 

With the younger girls being fairly close in age to the M kids I would guess at least some of them will get married and/or have children around the same time.

I think the little bates/duggar kids see eachother less than the older ones, so I can see a potential relationship with the younger ones happening. 

10 hours ago, anaandrade said:

Guys, I have a serious question. Do you believe all the Duggar and Bates children will end up married and at least with one child? (This question can apply to other fundies you know)

I think that they will. My Mom comes from a family of 14 and all of them married, they all had at least one child. There was not cult involved, just what happened. I think that even if they move outside of the cult, they will have at least one child. Mostly because I think you could shake having a billion children for Jesus, not sure if you could shake off having kids at all. 

22 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Putting it out there, holt is terrible btw. 

@anaandrade I think most will not all. I think the younger ones have more freedom than the older ones. 

17 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

Putting it out there, holt is terrible btw. 

That doesn't surprise me, sadly. There are a lot of awful adoption agencies out therre and it seems like the Christian ones are often the worst.

I can'tbelieve Mack is what almost 9 years old? 10 more years she will be married off with Josie

21 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

That doesn't surprise me, sadly. There are a lot of awful adoption agencies out therre and it seems like the Christian ones are often the worst.

Many kids have died or were abused under Holt. Adoptees are being deported becausetheir adoptive parents didn' make them citizns. Holt is to blame as well. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived