IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 32: Another Year and How Many New Duggars?

Coconut Flan

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

If I went to that book signing I would ask only Jordyn to sign my book. 

And Jenny and Jackson. 

20 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Unless they get married very quickly, they won't be able to join the 2018 baby watch. (Good.) If JB arranged this, I would be concerned. It worked out so well for Joshly.

It could happen

• Courting in January.
  • Engaged in March.
  • Married in June 1st.
  • Pregnant in June 2nd.

I speculated in the baby name thread that we could get a baby SiRen announcement before 2018 is done if the speculation is true and Josiah follows in his the bulk of his married siblings’ footsteps (Jinger excluded).

7 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Speaking of Kendra's sister Lauren, when it does happen that one of the twins begins to court her and it leads to marriage and babies. How is the which Lauren Duggar are you talking about issue going to be solved for the Duggars? Will it be a big Counting On episode? Will there be a poll? Nicknames? Oh imagine the excitement! 

When the other twin finds someone and does the same.  They can name the episode "Double Duggars".  I'll be amazed if the twins end up living farther than 1/4 mile from each other.

7 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Speaking of Kendra's sister Lauren, when it does happen that one of the twins begins to court her and it leads to marriage and babies. How is the which Lauren Duggar are you talking about issue going to be solved for the Duggars? Will it be a big Counting On episode? Will there be a poll? Nicknames? Oh imagine the excitement! 

I assume they will go Maxwellian and insist one go by Laura or Lauren-Marie

2 hours ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

It comes back in April already? Well, looks like all my plans to study regularly in the spring semester just went to hell... or better yet, to Gilead.

Who needs all that book learning in Gilead anyway?

2 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

@BlondeIdol Congratulations on your engagement and I hope your cat is better!

Thank you so much! She's A- okay now, took her to the vet, just having some stomach issues. New brand of food we were trying didn't agree with her.

14 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Hm...I'm kind of tempted to create an own thread for Siren but then it will be all over the internet? It still is kind of hidden in this cosy thread?!

Oh no, never mind! I just googled it, it's already out...and yet again freejinger is not mentionend :-(

Yesterday there was a Josiah thread, what happened to it??

5 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

... but there's not too many nicknames for Lauren...

I have a friend who was Lauren, but now goes by Lorne and identifies as a he.

On 14.1.2018 at 3:30 AM, Fascinated said:

There is just so much here.  

First, 150 men (just men, naturally) in 41 states is an extremely small number of men in each state. My math is telling me that’s fewer than four men, per state, on average. And that is a small, sad number. Unless he means 150 men (Just men) in each of the 41 states?  That world be a little more impressive but not by much. 

I accidentally hit send before my second point. Which is, of course, the special headset. Holy crap. Sounds very special indeed. I am dying laughing at this. All of it. K. 

I can't get over the image in my head of this guy riding his  lawnmower  in  a circle while preaching bible verses into a headset. This sounds like an intro for a Six Feet Under episode .

Even though it has been pretty much established that JD didn't come along for the Australia trip, here's confirmation from Lilly and Ellie's blog:

"Everyone but the married couples and John-David was able to go along. The Duggars also took their nephew Tyler and a couple friends with them."

Good for John-David not having to take part in this charade. Also, lol at the bolded. I wonder if they are going to make an announcement regarding Josiah and Lauren while in Australia, the book signing has been a huge give-away anyway.

I just want them to officially announce SiRen already. Either they don't know that the secret is out, which is silly since they should know that bringing the girl with them to Australia and signing books with Josiah is bound to stir up questions, or they're waiting until they get home next week. Part of me wonders if her family is asking to keep quiet and not say anything until they're sure it'll work out. If so, I think a Jill will happen. Announce the courtship and 2 weeks later the engagement. There's also the possibility that they want to drag things out until they're closer to Lauren's 19th birthday. I agree with singsing and think that unless she was born out of wedlock, she's a 1999 baby, with her birthday likely being in the late spring or summer. The Duggars aren't as self conscious as the Bates, but I'm sure they've at least seen some commments. This are just my thoughts though and I don't really know what's going on.

PS: I would say that there's also the chance of nothing happening, but the book signing is a dead giveaway.

Perhaps they are waiting until later this week so they can get People or US Weekly to write a story about it and possibly give them the cover. The book signing occurred over the weekend and today is a holiday in the states so it makes sense that the magazines wouldn't run it then. It's very possible it could happen tomorrow.

Another possibility is that they don't officially announce it until right before the premiere of the new season next month.

If they brought her to Australia, sat her down at the table beside Josiah, and said, "Go for it, Lauren, sign your name alongside his!" they're obviously okay with it being public. As for not announcing it, they're probably just waiting for the right timing for whatever magazine deal they struck. That, or they're going to announce it right before the new season starts, but that would be an awfully long time between it going public and it being officially announced.

I think they're probably waiting until she has a ring on her finger before announcing it. Whatever rag reports it, I would die laughing if they got a comment from Marjorie on why she bailed. It would never happen but it's amusing to think about. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

If they brought her to Australia, sat her down at the table beside Josiah, and said, "Go for it, Lauren, sign your name alongside his!" they're obviously okay with it being public. As for not announcing it, they're probably just waiting for the right timing for whatever magazine deal they struck. That, or they're going to announce it right before the new season starts, but that would be an awfully long time between it going public and it being officially announced.

Don't magazines publish new issues every Thursday? If so, expect an announcement by then. Didn't someone say that Jinger's pregnancy was in a magazine too? They announced on a Wednesday, which makes sense if they had a prearranged deal with them.

I don't see them waiting a month until the new season starts to announce, but Jill's courtship was hidden for over 4 months if I recall, so who knows.

My guess is they’re waiting to share even more news of the new season along with the announcement. When Joe and Kendra announced we found out counting on was coming spring 2018. When Jinger and Jeremy announced they gave us the date of feb 26th for CO (which is technically winter still but whatevs I guess). So with Josiah and Lauren I think we’ll get a preview of the season, which iirc is about a month before the season starts. So I think we’ll get an announcement at any point on the next 2 weeks.

Given Josiah's past romantic history, I feel bad for him if he wanted to wait longer before announcing his relationship.

That said, if they did want to wait on the announcement, it was super dumb to have Josiah and Lauren signing their names together at a public book signing.

4 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

My guess is they’re waiting to share even more news of the new season along with the announcement. When Joe and Kendra announced we found out counting on was coming spring 2018. When Jinger and Jeremy announced they gave us the date of feb 26th for CO (which is technically winter still but whatevs I guess). So with Josiah and Lauren I think we’ll get a preview of the season, which iirc is about a month before the season starts. So I think we’ll get an announcement at any point on the next 2 weeks.

That makes sense, especially if TLC managed to fit their relationship into the new season between all the rehashing of wedding planning for a wedding we've already seen, footage of people cooking, redecorating, and shopping.

The Marjorie courtship happened before I found FJ. What was the speculation back then for why things didn't work?

My take is that the Josh scandal was overwhelming to her, and that she was too liberal for Josiah. I think they are both ambitious, which brought them together, but he wanted to climb the IBLP ladder, and she wanted her own ladder. Either way, I agree with the consensus that it was a wise split, and that they are both happier moving on. 

Second question, who was Josh's rumored failed courtship with? I can't recall. 

18 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

The Marjorie courtship happened before I found FJ. What was the speculation back then for why things didn't work?

My take is that the Josh scandal was overwhelming to her, and that she was too liberal for Josiah. I think they are both ambitious, which brought them together, but he wanted to climb the IBLP ladder, and she wanted her own ladder. Either way, I agree with the consensus that it was a wise split, and that they are both happier moving on. 

Second question, who was Josh's rumored failed courtship with? I can't recall. 

The Marjorie speculation back then was basically everything you said. She burst onto the scene in a truly cringe-worthy TLC special announcement, they shared some cutesy Instagram posts, the Josh thing happened, they all went silent, and then... nothing. After the silence went on way too long (on their part) it was publicly announced that they had split, but I don't think any explanation was offered. A lot of people speculated that the Josh scandal scared her off, or that her parents basically said 'hell no' and made her break up with him. It was also speculated that she may have been kind of starry eyed about the idea of courting a famous Duggar, but the reality was too much for her.

I believe Josh's rumoured failed courtship was supposed to have been with a daughter of the Jim Bob's old friend who was also involved in Arkansas politics back in the 90s/00s, and I am totally blanking on his name now! Edit: The Holt family? Jim Holt?

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I believe Josh's rumoured failed courtship was supposed to have been with a daughter of the Jim Bob's old friend who was also involved in Arkansas politics back in the 90s/00s, and I am totally blanking on his name now! Edit: The Holt family? Jim Holt?

Yep Jim Holt and his daughter Kayleigh (?) Am I right? 

I found this old picture. I don't know names, ages, or what far better outcomes in life their children had than what would've been had one married Josh. Some lucky lady dodged a bullet.

image.jpeg

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived