IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 32: Another Year and How Many New Duggars?

Coconut Flan

Unless they get married very quickly, they won't be able to join the 2018 baby watch. (Good.) If JB arranged this, I would be concerned. It worked out so well for Joshly.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

If JB arranged this, I would be concerned. It worked out so well for Joshly.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Watching the saga of Josiah has been like watching a train wreck. It's like Josh 2.0. The most I can hope is that he winds up 'just' miserable, and not miserable AND destructive like Josh was.

(Of course I do hope that he's happy and that he still manages to get out of the cult. But realistically...)

21 hours ago, singsingsing said:

'. He "mentors more than 150 men in 41 states by using a special headset while riding a lawn mower as he runs his landscaping company"

There is just so much here.  

First, 150 men (just men, naturally) in 41 states is an extremely small number of men in each state. My math is telling me that’s fewer than four men, per state, on average. And that is a small, sad number. Unless he means 150 men (Just men) in each of the 41 states?  That world be a little more impressive but not by much. 

I accidentally hit send before my second point. Which is, of course, the special headset. Holy crap. Sounds very special indeed. I am dying laughing at this. All of it. K. 

54 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

First, 150 men (just men, naturally) in 41 states is an extremely small number of men in each state.

Idk, that sounds like a lot of people to personally mentor when you're also mowing lawns(???) at the same time! I'm sure the constant background of lawnmower noises really adds something special to their mentoring sessions.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Watching the saga of Josiah has been like watching a train wreck. It's like Josh 2.0. The most I can hope is that he winds up 'just' miserable, and not miserable AND destructive like Josh was.

(Of course I do hope that he's happy and that he still manages to get out of the cult. But realistically...)

Maybe I'm biased, but I don't think Josiah is very much like Josh - aside from both seeming brighter than average.  Josiah also had the influences of seven older siblings and doesn't give me Josh's smug vibe.  Even if his marriage turned out to be unhappy, I tend to believe he wouldn't pull the crap that Josh did.

Wouldn't be surprised if Jim Bob was especially involved in this relationship.  OTOH, I doubt Jim Bob would intentionally set up a relationship that he thinks might turn out badly...not so much for Josiah's sake as much as wanting to avoid another potential scandal for the family/business.

In light of the SiRen discovery and in regard to when the return date of CO is I think this:

TLC might try to start the season off with a somewhat timely "bang" (i.e. the last few weddings) before it settles into the regularly programmed schedule of rehashing stuff that we already know and expect to happen that is months behind.  As they do.

Maybe this season will start with Joy's delivery very shortly after it happens and real time.  Or maybe it will start with SiRens wedding really close to when that actually takes place. Or both.

Or maybe Joy will give birth at SiRen's wedding!

Giving rise to the trend of "Church-birthing"  among her fundi followers.

15 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I second this! Also at first glance this girl looks a lot like Anna .

I thought Smuggar and Anna were the ones on the stage at first. I then asked for forgiveness after realizing it was Si. 

Hm...I'm kind of tempted to create an own thread for Siren but then it will be all over the internet? It still is kind of hidden in this cosy thread?!

Oh no, never mind! I just googled it, it's already out...and yet again freejinger is not mentionend :-(

10 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Or maybe Joy will give birth at SiRen's wedding!

Giving rise to the trend of "Church-birthing"  among her fundi followers.

Well, she had the JoKen proposal at her wedding. I'd say she's owed a chance to upstage one of siblings at their wedding!

13 hours ago, Fascinated said:

First, 150 men (just men, naturally) in 41 states is an extremely small number of men in each state. My math is telling me that’s fewer than four men, per state, on average. And that is a small, sad number. Unless he means 150 men (Just men) in each of the 41 states?  That world be a little more impressive but not by much. 

You don't think mentoring (41*150=) 6150 men would be impressive? 

(According to familyconferences, he is nearing 400 men for mentoring) 

I've been super busy this past week(Work, cat got sick, I officially got engaged with a ring and everything, starting the first stage of small wedding planning.) , so I've been catching up on Fundie Land this morning and at first I was confused because when I saw the name Lauren, I thought it meant Josiah was courting Kendra's sister. 

I'm sure they're already engaged and will be married sometime this time year if she's with them in Australia and yada yada yada. However, just a small question, is she really only 18? They really do keep getting younger and younger.

Perhaps she wanted a free trip to Australia and will break up with Josiah when they return home. One can dream.

Speaking of Kendra's sister Lauren, when it does happen that one of the twins begins to court her and it leads to marriage and babies. How is the which Lauren Duggar are you talking about issue going to be solved for the Duggars? Will it be a big Counting On episode? Will there be a poll? Nicknames? Oh imagine the excitement! 

6 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Hm...I'm kind of tempted to create an own thread for Siren but then it will be all over the internet? It still is kind of hidden in this cosy thread?!

Oh no, never mind! I just googled it, it's already out...and yet again freejinger is not mentionend :-(

As much as I tend to dislike Pickles, credit where credit is due: she seems to be the one who first reported it and shared the pictures/video.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

As much as I tend to dislike Pickles, credit where credit is due: she seems to be the one who first reported it and shared the pictures/video.

Lol...She's trying to redeem her Duggar journalistic integrity after the Jostin wedding date debacle... But yes, credit where credit is due to Pickles.

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Speaking of Kendra's sister Lauren, when it does happen that one of the twins begins to court her and it leads to marriage and babies. How is the which Lauren Duggar are you talking about issue going to be solved for the Duggars? Will it be a big Counting On episode? Will there be a poll? Nicknames? Oh imagine the excitement! 

For better or for worse, my brain went all Handmaid's Tale and pictured the solution as Lauren OfJosiah Duggar and Lauren OfJed/Jer Duggar.

(shudders)

And the red dresses/cloaks the handmaid’s wear fit the Duggar’s definition of modesty.

Their hoods would have been great for the boys back in the days of “Nike!”

10 hours ago, eveandadam said:

DOES NOBODY LOVE US? she wailed. :5624796058123_Aseaoftearscrying: By the way, you guys are killing me with the handmaid references.

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

<snip>

By the way, you guys are killing me with the handmaid references.

It’s such an amazing show.  April can’t get here soon enough.

So I was just thinking how in my family for example we have 4 elizabeths (2 is a senior/jr type deal) and the other two are my cousins (still all on the same side). I was about to say "oh they'll just have variations of the name for lauren!" but there's not too many nicknames for Lauren...

58 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

It’s such an amazing show.  April can’t get here soon enough.

It comes back in April already? Well, looks like all my plans to study regularly in the spring semester just went to hell... or better yet, to Gilead.

6 hours ago, BlondeIdol said:

I've been super busy this past week(Work, cat got sick, I officially got engaged with a ring and everything, starting the first stage of small wedding planning.)

@BlondeIdol Congratulations on your engagement and I hope your cat is better!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived