IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 32: Another Year and How Many New Duggars?

Coconut Flan

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Side note, whenever I go to type 'Dwain Swanson' my brain wants to say 'Dwayne Johnson'. 

So just in case anyone's confused, no, unfortunately Josiah is not courting Dwayne Johnson's daughter. Even though I specifically chose a picture in which it looks like he could very well be praising the Lord.

see, I think the same thing xD only more like "Dwayne Johnson" and "Ron Swanson" :tw_joy:

I agree with whoever suggested that the "hints" Si mentioned in old Counting On episodes were due to her age, if he were talking about this same girl. And from that pic of her family, she looks to be right about 18....so. yeah. They keep getting younger and younger....

Since Si is going to end up trapped in fundie-dad-hood anyways.....i hope she's pretty and outgoing and with a patient sense of humor, at least.

14 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Top left—> they signed it Lauren and Josiah...

8F8790BB-853E-4310-8A02-E8BF5EAA2C59.png

Lmao tlc and people are gonna be so pissed when they find out that a girl on insta rouined their exclusives 

The most striking thing, to me, is that Michelle uses a love heart to dot her i ...

Johannah has really  nice handwriting. I still write like a two year old.

They probably are closer to an engagement already. No way they "introduce" her to fans otherwise after what happened to Marjorie. 

Oh my god, what type of ALERT shenanigans will take place at a SiRen wedding??? Imagine the possibilities....

4 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Oh my god, what type of ALERT shenanigans will take place at a SiRen wedding??? Imagine the possibilities....

The couple will be in an escape room and can't get married until they get out. 

Well now that she’s likely a Duggar bride to be she has many things to look forward to. Her very own creepy teenager role playing her on IG, having the Duggar sisters descend on her marital home to help decorate it, bonus points in Ben hides in the pantry with his sharpie labeling their food and of course, lots of speculation about kissing and babies.  

All that aside I hope this works out better than Marjorie and that they’re happy!

Full disclosure: in a bit of a sour mood, a friend from home let me know someone is using pictures of me as their Match profile, which is just weird and invasive.

@cascarones - is there a word missing here?  "someone is using pictures of as their Match profile,"

Snark alert:  Josie should be able to write her OWN NAME better than that, at her age.*

*assuming, of course, she's been given any sort of penmanship instruction. 

31 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Snark alert:  Josie should be able to write her OWN NAME better than that, at her age.*

*assuming, of course, she's been given any sort of penmanship instruction. 

Do we know if she has any learning disabilities? Her letter spacing is off. Any teachers here? I'm dyslexic so maybe I'm projecting.

I work with 7-8 year olds, and I don’t see an issue with the way she wrote her name. I have some students whose handwriting is barely legible, and others who have beautiful penmanship. Some of my most advanced students have sloppy handwriting, so it really just depends on the kid. Her letters are all facing the correct direction and her spacing is not that bad, so it looks fine to me. Also, we need to remember that this is a book signing, which means she has been repeatedly writing her name over and over. Even as an adult I’m sure my handwriting or signature would get sloppy after a while.

My 9 year old has terrible handwriting too, but then he is visually impaired, so at least he has an excuse!

I did notice the Jordyn (nearly exactly his age) was mixing lower case and capital letters in her name. SOTDRT?

And good on Moochelle.... Like her hair, she sticks to her own style. I haven't seen a heart over an 'i' since the eighties.

Josie's handwriting is better than mine was at that age. I've never had great handwriting, but it's not atrocious either. Hers seems fine.

2 hours ago, cascarones said:

All that aside I hope this works out better than Marjorie and that they’re happy!

I am eternally grateful that Si and Marjorie broke off their courtship, and I hope they are too. Marjorie's life is infinitely better than being  a Duggar teen mom, and I am glad that Si got to postpone headship status for a couple of years.

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Just reading Dwain Swanson's bio on his ministry site, I'm laughing... because if I were to set out to create the most basic fundie ever, it would probably be Dwain Swanson.

-Accepted Jesus at age 16 in a small country church in Georgia

-Re-accepted Jesus when he and his wife got married

-He and his beautiful wife have been blessed with eight wonderful children

-He realized he wasn't spiritually leading them properly, so he set out to change that and re-re-accepted Jesus

-Lives on a small farm in Georgia

-Pastor at a veterans' home

-Runs a men's ministry

-Owns his own lawn care business and construction business

Just based on that I am guessing that Lauren is a sweet and precious young lady with a heart for the Lord and the Republican party. She probably loves babies, taking care of children, baking, pinning modest outfits and quotes about Jesus on Pinterest, and reading her Bible. I'm guessing she graduated from homeschool at age 16 or 17 and now devotes her time to helping her mother with her younger siblings, maybe going to a ladies' conference or two, and of course her Walk With The Lord. She was probably 'so surprised' when her dad told her that Josiah wanted to Get To Know her, thinks this time has been really neat and awesome, and can't wait to see where the Lord leads them.

(Also, just based on the picture from Jinger's wedding, the apparent ages of her parents and the ages of her younger siblings, I'm guessing if Josiah's been hinting about getting to know someone since 2016, it's because of her age. She was too young to start courting, so they took it slow. I'm going to guess right now that this is another teenage bride in the making.)

I don't know whether to tag this as haha or sad. 

3 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

I'm dyslexic so maybe I'm projecting.

I think you're projecting. Yes, there are plenty of kids at her age that have better penmanship, but I know adults with graduate degrees with shittier penmanship than hers as well.

My 8 yr old (he's 7 mo older than Josie) does handwriting worksheets every day, and his handwriting, especially on a non-lined sheet of paper is not any better than Josie's.  

I'd be surprised if Lauren and Josiah would sign their names together unless they were at least engaged.  There would be potential broken heart pieces left, in writing, if a courtship failed.

Josiah is one of my favorite Duggars.  I hope they're a good match, and that he can create a future on largely his own (and her) terms.

42 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I'd be surprised if Lauren and Josiah would sign their names together unless they were at least engaged.  There would be potential broken heart pieces left, in writing, if a courtship failed.

Just came to write something similar.  I can't believe they would sign "Lauren & Josiah Duggar" unless they were already married. 

Pickles has a card on her age signed by many Duggars, including what seems to say “Lauren and Josiah”. Lauren Swanson, do we know anything about her?

2 minutes ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

Just came to write something similar.  I can't believe they would sign "Lauren & Josiah Duggar" unless they were already married. 

I think her signature is just her name (just like Jana’s and Michelle’s), so I don’t think they’re married yet. The ~&~ does say to me that they could be courting or engaged 

1 minute ago, bal maiden said:

Pickles has a card on her age signed by many Duggars, including what seems to say “Lauren and Josiah”. Lauren Swanson, do we know anything about her?

Go check out the 'Duggars by the Dozen' thread. We've been talking about it there. I think the discussion starts on page 4. :) 

http://www.freejinger.org/topic/30439-duggars-by-the-dozen-32-another-year-and-how-many-new-duggars/?page=4

That said, since Josiah is probably definitely courting, it must be time for his own thread, right?

I've enlarged all the photos I can find of Lauren, but can't make out any sort of ring on her left ring finger. FWIW. Maybe someone else is sleuthier than I?

2 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think her signature is just her name (just like Jana’s and Michelle’s), so I don’t think they’re married yet. The ~&~ does say to me that they could be courting or engaged 

Ah, good point.  That didn't occur to me, thanks. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived