IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 32: Another Year and How Many New Duggars?

Coconut Flan

Since it seems everyone living in the TTH, minus John, have gone to antagonize the good people of Australia, do you think John had to go to one of the married siblings home or do you think they let him be home alone? I hope they didn’t force an almost 30 year old to go to one of his married siblings home while everyone else at the TTH is gone. 

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Did anyone figure out how old Lauren is?

According to singsingsing, her parents got married in September 1998, so she was likely born in 1999. That means she'll likely turn 19 later this year and that she's 3 years younger than Josiah.

I'm surprised that they haven't announced by now. The online tabloids already wrote articles about the speculation. Considering this is something serious, I'm sure they'll want to confirm or deny it as soon as possible. Remember when they wrote about them getting divorce? The Duggars posted a pic of themselves kissing while holding the magazine with that headline to prove it was false.

17 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Did anyone figure out how old Lauren is?

We figured no older than 18 since her parents married in 1998, summer or fall  I believe. 

ETA @anaandrade beat me to it.

5 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Is this the same Hold family who started the adoption agency? 

I don't think so. This is the Holt family (not Hold) and I've never heard of them associated with adoption.

13 hours ago, Bethella said:

The Holts are actually up to 11 children. They never announced the last pregnancy, just posted when he was born. Plus 10 miscarriages.

1. Kaeleigh
  2. Steffan
  3. Kristian
  4. Karessa
  5. Kearah
  6. Spencer
  7. Samuel
  8. Silas
  9. Kharis
  10. Seth Carolton
  11. Scottlen Cross

Bwah! Those names!:huh:

K names for girls, S names for boys, I think? They couldn't have come up with more actual names rather than smashing words/letters together?

(Isn't Kharis a Game of Thrones character?)

Just now, NotQuiteMotY said:

(Isn't Kharis a Game of Thrones character?)

No, but there is a Varys. According to google, Kharis is a fictional character featured in Universal Studios's Mummy series in the 1940s :pb_lol:. But I wonder if it's a misspelling of the Greek name Charis (meaning grace, kindness, and life).

6 minutes ago, Bethella said:

No, but there is a Varys. According to google, Kharis is a fictional character featured in Universal Studios's Mummy series in the 1940s :pb_lol:. But I wonder if it's a misspelling of the Greek name Charis (meaning grace, kindness, and life).

I'm now imagining a fundie naming their kid Varys without bothering to research the GoT character. :pb_lol: 

At least they didn't name her Khaleesi. 

Kharis is one of those Christian names.  There's a church here called Kharis.  Per Google:

Origin. Greek. Meaning. From the Greek kharis, meaning "grace". 627 Charis is a minor planet ordering the Sun.

17 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I don't think so. This is the Holt family (not Hold) and I've never heard of them associated with adoption.

The adoption agency is actually Holt (with a T). They have been active for years and years with international adoption. I have no idea if the family is connected to this agency.

36 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

I'm surprised that they haven't announced by now. The online tabloids already wrote articles about the speculation. Considering this is something serious, I'm sure they'll want to confirm or deny it as soon as possible. Remember when they wrote about them getting divorce? The Duggars posted a pic of themselves kissing while holding the magazine with that headline to prove it was false.

My guess would be that they have a magazine deal and are waiting for the article to come out. But I'm not sure how these things work. I think someone mentioned that magazines usually come out with new issues on Thursday, so maybe we'll see something on Thursday?

I believe Scottlen Cross Holt was a surprise at age 47 since she did not have a successful pregnancy in five years. 

24 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

My guess would be that they have a magazine deal and are waiting for the article to come out. But I'm not sure how these things work. I think someone mentioned that magazines usually come out with new issues on Thursday, so maybe we'll see something on Thursday?

Maybe they are waiting so long to announce given what happened with Marjorie. I don’t think they want another failed courtship.

35 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

That was me, but I'm not 100% sure I'm right about the Thursday thing. We'll see :)

Part of me feels like this courtship could be more recent than we think. Just a gut feeling. I'm also predicting an August wedding for these two. Watch me be wrong :P

1 hour ago, Mrs.Right said:

Since it seems everyone living in the TTH, minus John, have gone to antagonize the good people of Australia, do you think John had to go to one of the married siblings home or do you think they let him be home alone? I hope they didn’t force an almost 30 year old to go to one of his married siblings home while everyone else at the TTH is gone. 

John got to be all manly and stay home ALONE? But, just a random guess,....Jana had to go to Oz? Maybe she'll meet a nearly naked surfer guy....no....just no....won't happen.

4 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

That was me, but I'm not 100% sure I'm right about the Thursday thing. We'll see :)

Part of me feels like this courtship could be more recent than we think. Just a gut feeling. I'm also predicting an August wedding for these two. Watch me be wrong :P

I'm with you. The logical side of my brain tells me that they must be pretty serious, maybe even engaged or just about engaged, because otherwise they surely wouldn't have taken her to Australia and had her signing her name with his, especially after the whole Marjorie situation. But the part of my brain that knows the Duggars is telling me that anything goes and they might not even be officially courting yet!

(I think probably they've been courting for a while and it's pretty serious. But we'll see.)

1 hour ago, LeftCoastLurker said:

The adoption agency is actually Holt (with a T). They have been active for years and years with international adoption. I have no idea if the family is connected to this agency.

Yeah, I've never heard of this agency. The father, Jim Holt, is former military and was a politician in Arkansas around the same time as Jim Bob. There's nothing in his wikipedia page mentioning adoption. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Holt_(Arkansas_politician) 

If these two get married by early March and have a honeymoon baby, they can be part of the 2018 Duggar Baby Blitz.

Sorry to redirect from SiRen for a minute, but I was cruising around Reddit and stumbled across an interesting video of JB and MEchelle, speaking at a church. We've long speculated about some tension between JB and his father, who we know didn't approve of the mega-family's size.  In this video, JB says that he was born on a Sunday, and was in church the next Sunday, hanging out there ever since. He credits his mother with having faith, but says that his dad didn't have a focus on faith.  He also discusses their house being foreclosed upon and having to move. Given that JB is so cheap, but such a hustler, and always so competitive with his sons, this seems to add an interesting light to his psychological makeup.

For those who are interested, here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3BbL2moJJ4  

And my apologies for changing the subject, but I couldn't seem to find a JB/MEchelle specific thread.  Please feel free to move this if there's a better location.

24 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm with you. The logical side of my brain tells me that they must be pretty serious, maybe even engaged or just about engaged, because otherwise they surely wouldn't have taken her to Australia and had her signing her name with his, especially after the whole Marjorie situation. But the part of my brain that knows the Duggars is telling me that anything goes and they might not even be officially courting yet!

(I think probably they've been courting for a while and it's pretty serious. But we'll see.)

Then again... it "proves" that the kids "choose" and that girls are "free" to reject a courtship up the last minute..... [or that guys can if they find out about a character failing....]

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

John got to be all manly and stay home ALONE? But, just a random guess,....Jana had to go to Oz? Maybe she'll meet a nearly naked surfer guy....no....just no....won't happen.

Or a Steve Irwin manly man type... He'd have dirt under his fingernails.

1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

If these two get married by early March and have a honeymoon baby, they can be part of the 2018 Duggar Baby Blitz.

Well, that's likely the goal. A courtship and a baby each year, right? Now to find spouses for Jana and John David. Otherwise we'll have Jackson courting first.

9 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I saw this on tumblr, they said it's from a Bontranger wedding some of the Duggars recently attended (I'm assuming not Chelsy's) That's her next to J'Chelle.

And damn she really looks like Anna

tumblr_p2kpqw7z9D1uipssao1_1280.jpg

I have to say I actually really like this particular shade of green on Michelle. It's a nice switch from her usual green blouses.

29 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Well, that's likely the goal. A courtship and a baby each year, right? Now to find spouses for Jana and John David. Otherwise we'll have Jackson courting first.

And by the time the youngest of Jim Bob and Michelle's kids are married off, the older grandkids will be courting. IT WILL NEVER END.

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

And by the time the youngest of Jim Bob and Michelle's kids are married off, the older grandkids will be courting. IT WILL NEVER END.

It's like the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was. And they'll continue singing it forever just because.

7 minutes ago, Playagirl said:

It's like the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was. And they'll continue singing it forever just because.

Reunion shows ad nauseam

I am curious as to what the total # of grandchildren will be though.

No one really cares if there are scandals. It's just a freak show. Look back at the first special and then look at today (same with the first Bates' appearance on 17/18/19 Kids & Counting and today.... scary how "worldly" they've become. Greed.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived