IGNORED

Lori Alexander 37: Practicing Medicine Without a License

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori today:

It’s popular today for Christian women to “hear” from God and try to get others to believe that God speaks to them personally. This appeals to their emotions. Does God tell us anywhere in His Word that He will personally speak to us outside of His Word? 

Lori a few days ago:

God has spoken to me personally through His Word. He has told me that He’s going to burn up, I mean totally destroy, this world one day soon (2 Peter 3:10).

22 hours ago, molecule said:

Title: Learning to Disagree without Being Harsh

Oh, Lori, if only YOU would learn this, the world would be a far better place.

Examples of being harsh:

• Posting pictures and peeking in windows in order to disagree with other people's housekeeping
  • Pronouncing that those who disagree with you are disagreeing with God
  • Sharing pictures of your son's high school classmates in order to disagree with their clothing choices
  • Gossiping about a woman' daughter who designs thongs in order to disagree with 1) thongs, and 2) women working, all while throwing both the woman and the daughter under the bus
  • Insisting that women stay with abusive husbands because you disagree with their concern for their well-being
  • Disagreeing that women should have feelings because "feelings are satanic" or some such crap
  • Writing mean-spirited posts about other women who are trying to do God's work because you disagree with their approaches are upset because they are more well-liked than you
  • Writing posts that complain about family members, even if those family members aren't named
  • Telling women that women that they need to figure out how to cover up no matter what in order to avoid causing men to lust, all while wearing shirts cut down to there and shorts that clearly show thigh.
  • Writing a post that begins, "As sisters in Christ, we need to learn how to be able to disagree with each other without becoming harsh, mean, upset, angry, or offended . . . since it’s an important quality to have as a believer in Jesus Christ" and really meaning that everyone else needs to learn to be nice when they're disagreeing with you but not thinking it applies to yourself at all

@molecule    This post belongs in a Lori "Vault" in the Lori Accountability Group.  This is a treasure.  Thanks so much!  Hugz, Liza

I love that YouTube.  Lori beseeches us to not allow the immodestly dressed women to steal our joy, and yet the whole YouTube is Lori demonstrating her jealousy and utter lack of joy at Ken lusting after the hussies.  The poor woman couldn’t even sleep she was so not joyous.  It’s a satisfying video.

22 hours ago, molecule said:

Title: Learning to Disagree without Being Harsh

Oh, Lori, if only YOU would learn this, the world would be a far better place.

Examples of being harsh:

• Posting pictures and peeking in windows in order to disagree with other people's housekeeping
  • Pronouncing that those who disagree with you are disagreeing with God
  • Sharing pictures of your son's high school classmates in order to disagree with their clothing choices
  • Gossiping about a woman' daughter who designs thongs in order to disagree with 1) thongs, and 2) women working, all while throwing both the woman and the daughter under the bus
  • Insisting that women stay with abusive husbands because you disagree with their concern for their well-being
  • Disagreeing that women should have feelings because "feelings are satanic" or some such crap
  • Writing mean-spirited posts about other women who are trying to do God's work because you disagree with their approaches are upset because they are more well-liked than you
  • Writing posts that complain about family members, even if those family members aren't named
  • Telling women that women that they need to figure out how to cover up no matter what in order to avoid causing men to lust, all while wearing shirts cut down to there and shorts that clearly show thigh.
  • Writing a post that begins, "As sisters in Christ, we need to learn how to be able to disagree with each other without becoming harsh, mean, upset, angry, or offended . . . since it’s an important quality to have as a believer in Jesus Christ" and really meaning that everyone else needs to learn to be nice when they're disagreeing with you but not thinking it applies to yourself at all

Don’t forget posting about others’ eating habits, so Lori can shame them and disagree with their food choices/portion sizes!

From yesterday's post:

Katie: “I also try to find things in common with the other side and recognize it verbally. For example, in the vaccine debate when it was mentioned that it’s clear we all have the same goal: to keep our children safe and healthy.”

Lori should listen to her chat room disciples. Finding common ground isn't in her playbook.

31 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

For all she talks about the Word, she sure doesn't seem to recognize it when it's quoted to her.

She only hears what she wants to hear, and that is only whatever agrees with her ideas.

1 hour ago, Fascinated said:

I love that YouTube.  Lori beseeches us to not allow the immodestly dressed women to steal our joy, and yet the whole YouTube is Lori demonstrating her jealousy and utter lack of joy at Ken lusting after the hussies.  The poor woman couldn’t even sleep she was so not joyous.  It’s a satisfying video.

Not enough coffee is not always bad. Sometimes it can be amusing.

i read this first as “Lori besmirches us...”

From today's post:

God is clear in His Word how we are to live our lives. There is no doubt. We are to be a people who are wholly set apart and not conformed to the world (Romans 12:2).

The only thing that sets her apart is her nutcase interpretation of what the Bible says about how women should act.

Remove that, and she's basically just a bored housewife who blogs, endorses questionable health trends, and takes long vacations.

2 hours ago, Florita said:

A fb follower (Holly) is quoting scripture back at Lori. This will likely be gone soon.

5a6b627581bd1_HollyD.JPG.f0cbec4207ce75ea4a3b5cd06be6ff22.JPG

That entire exchange is just one big head shake for most of us. WTF? Who the hell cares about light and feet and lamps and paths?  Is this want Jesus worries about?  I think not  

I wish these Godly Christians would realize how much they turn us mere mortals away from their brand of religion when, just a few days earlier, Lazy Lori was on a tear about ebil Democrats.  You know, those unGodly people who want to provide health insurance accessibility to everyone and keeps families together. 

2 hours ago, BlackSheep said:

From today's post:

The only thing that sets her apart is her nutcase interpretation of what the Bible says about how women should act.

Remove that, and she's basically just a bored housewife who blogs, endorses questionable health trends, and takes long vacations.

I don't think she's really interested in the Bible. She rarely mentions Jesus or any Scripture other than the 3-5 verses that suit her agenda. From my limited knowledge of the subject, there is so much more there than orders for women to stay at home and submit.

29 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

That entire exchange is just one big head shake for most of us. WTF? Who the hell cares about light and feet and lamps and paths?  Is this want Jesus worries about?  I think not  

I wish these Godly Christians would realize how much they turn us mere mortals away from their brand of religion when, just a few days earlier, Lazy Lori was on a tear about ebil Democrats.  You know, those unGodly people who want to provide health insurance accessibility to everyone and keeps families together. 

OK, I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. I thought it was my ignorance of the subject. It seemed like they were arguing about semantics to me. 

WHY did I wander into the comment section...I'm already sick, do I need to be angry as well? Lori doesn't think that the Alt-Right would go nuts when a Democrat is elected president in 2020.

I sure don’t imagine that happening, M, since when the right doesn’t get their way, they don’t riot in the streets, no, not even the Alt-right. They aren’t causing divisions among people (rich vs. poor, black vs. white, men vs. women) like the left is doing intentionally to cause division in our country. The Alt-right never fought and rebelled against President Obama (which they disagreed vehemently with) as they are doing to President Trump. No, they don’t typically have temper tantrums like the left does, thankfully, but I don’t believe they will stand by and do nothing if the left takes us farther down the path of Communism.

She can't imagine it, but I can. Like...in Charlottesville maybe?

1 minute ago, TeddyBonkers said:

WHY did I wander into the comment section...I'm already sick, do I need to be angry as well? Lori doesn't think that the Alt-Right would go nuts when a Democrat is elected president in 2020.

LMAO they aren't causing divisions between men & women. Some asshat republican in Missouri yesterday just went on a rant about womanhood, homemaking and how he demands that his girlfriend fixes him home cooked dinners at six every evening. 

@EowynW, I saw that! I'm pretty sure that Claire McCaskill's Senate seat is safe! :my_biggrin: (The asshat republican is running for Senate, because of course he is).

2 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

No, Jesus isn't actually worried about lamps and feet---it's called figurative language. :my_shy:

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

LMAO they aren't causing divisions between men & women. Some asshat republican in Missouri yesterday just went on a rant about womanhood, homemaking and how he demands that his girlfriend fixes him home cooked dinners at six every evening. 

Hope she comes to her senses and ditches him soon.

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

From https://www.cbsnews.com/news/missouri-senate-hopeful-who-expects-home-cooked-dinner-from-fiancee-nightly-at-6-p-m-says-feminists-have-snake-filled-heads/:

On whether he favors women's rights, Sykes said his fiancée, Chanel Rion, has given him orders to favor them, "so I'd better."

"But Chanel knows that my obedience comes with a small price that she loves to pay anyway: I want to come home to a home-cooked dinner at six every night, one that she fixes and one that I expect one day to have daughters learn to fix after they become traditional homemakers and family wives — think Norman Rockwell here and Gloria Steinem be damned," he said in the post. 

I'd reconsider marrying someone who offered me this deal: "Cook me dinner every day, and I'll favor women's rights."

Chanel's life is... unique. If anyone is interested:

http://www.chanelrion.com/about

2 hours ago, Hisey said:

OK, I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. I thought it was my ignorance of the subject. It seemed like they were arguing about semantics to me. 

I think you're right that it's probably just semantics. I've spent most of my life in Christian schools, including two Christian Unis and I'm still left scratching my head. The language is figurative/ illustrative. But they're using it to prove points rather than to look at what all those passages combined actually tell a person.  Lori doesn't know scripture as well as she'd like to think, neither does Ken for that matter. Focusing on about five verses does not a biblical scholar make.

But Lori's teachings can and has scared people away from looking at Christianity, and I don't know if I blame them. Whenever someone who isn't a Christian responds she usually replies in such an unkind way. 

Im curious about what school of thought she follows. Does anyone know? Is she Calvinist? What denomination? Certainly know that she's alt-right. 

Chanel's page is nothing but word salad.  Her father sounds like a nut case. Who in their right mind moves the family to So. Korea - 20 miles of from the DMZ?  I can't figure out if she actually graduated from Harvard or just took a class there, probably just a class.

Her job as an illustrator appears to be unpaid and so far consists of a cartoon for Don Jr.  Even though she believes in traditional femininity (whatever that is) she is living with the fiance.  The MAGA Trumper-lover who will lose the MO senate race. 

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

But Lori's teachings can and has scared people away from looking at Christianity, and I don't know if I blame them. Whenever someone who isn't a Christian responds she usually replies in such an unkind way. 

I agree.

Lifelong Christian here. Lori does not represent us. No one person represents all Christians. If anyone tells you "I have all the answers" - they're lying.

If anyone says "My interpretation of the Bible is the right way and thus I know that the rest of you are headed to damnation" - they're lying.

If anyone makes it seem like being a Christian makes you perfect or better than other people - they're lying.

Signed,

An Average, Imperfect Christian

13 hours ago, Koala said:

That video creeps me the hell out.  Reminds me of the "grandmother" in The Visit.  

When she starts telling us about how she asked one of the grandchildren to crawl into the oven, it's time to call the men in white coats with her address ;)

7 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I have 5 words for Lori:  "Jews will not replace us"   That is very much pitting people against each other.  The dumb is strong with her.

5 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Im curious about what school of thought she follows. Does anyone know? Is she Calvinist? What denomination? Certainly know that she's alt-right. 

Lori chooses her religious beliefs just like she chooses her health and nutrition beliefs – if it fits her agenda, then it’s the TRUTH. Plus, if Michael Pearl says it, it must be right.

I think her beliefs include:

• Credo-Baptism
  • Sacramentarianism
  • Dispensationalism
  • Hyper-Grace
  • Holiness/Pietism
  • Synergistic Justification and Synergistic Sanctification

It’s cafeteria-style theology at its worst, but it works for her because she is assured of her own salvation since she established the rules.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived