IGNORED

Lori Alexander 37: Practicing Medicine Without a License

Normally Lori deletes anything like this that (a) points out she's wrong and (b) is accurate.

truth.JPG.265cb82ebbb65519f9db9b44a3298a86.JPG

But since it's from one of Emily's friends will she let it stand????

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Wow. Lori's post today is absolutely nuts. I want to pick it apart but there's so much crazy that it's impossible. Democrats are agents of Lucifer, Trump isn't racist, there's a secret plot to destroy the U.S., Obama had a communist agenda to murder babies "as they were coming out of the womb". What?

Ken needs to help Lori pack a bag, gently place her into a car, and drive her to the nearest psych facility to get a much needed break and evaluation. Her paranoia is off the charts. If she was saying these things without the umbrella of Christianity, she would have seen inpatient care a long time ago. 

She’s so thirsty for another viral post, it’s downright pathetic. I think that’s what’s driving her. Obviously, just spouting misinterpreted scripture with some “culture wars” thrown in wasn’t cutting it, so now she’s doubling down on the right-wing batshittery as well. If this kind of thinking wasn’t sadly all over the place right now, I would seriously be wondering about her mental state. But, I think Lori knows what she’s doing - that post hits all the current right wing talking points.

2 hours ago, 99bottlesofPlexus said:

Wow. Lori's post today is absolutely nuts. I want to pick it apart but there's so much crazy that it's impossible. Democrats are agents of Lucifer, Trump isn't racist, there's a secret plot to destroy the U.S., Obama had a communist agenda to murder babies "as they were coming out of the womb". What?

You can't reason with crazy.

On 1/22/2018 at 5:39 PM, Lgirlrocks said:

No child wants to be with their mom 24/7. I have always had a better relationship with my dad than my mom. I was home schooled until middle school and hating spending all day with my mom and couldn’t wait for my dad to get home.

This. I was never homeschooled. But, sometimes I craved breaks from both my mom and dad. I would spend nights at grandparents' houses every once in awhile either by asking or if my parents went somewhere. I knew other kids who said they enjoyed having some time away from their parents.

I have a friend who if she was a fundie homeschooler could easily be friends with Lori. This friend is a SAHM, but not fundie. Her kids attend public school. This friend in some ways has her kids isolated. They don't do a lot of outside after school activities and her kids have never spent the night away from her. She has freaked  out whenever other people in our friends circle mention their kids having a night at the grandparents or another relative's house or sleepover with friends. Her belief about her kids almost always having to be with her after school has caused drama with other people in our circle that have kids. She has said some pretty crappy things to couples whose kids, babies, and toddlers spent nights away from them with relatives or at camps or other events.  I don't have kids and several other people in our circle also don't have kids. We also find her to be extreme. One guy who doesn't have kids did cut ties with her because he couldn't stand her bashing decent parents.

Soooo many logical fallacies in her arguments. And I honestly don't think she's learned from her Bible much at all and Ken is not a capable Biblical scholar either. And from what's been said here she doesn't respect her church authority either. There is more to the Bible than Titus 2 so of course they aren't going to only teach that. 

Also Eve being deceived first has nothing to do with her being easily deceived. She's the one that asked questions, Adam just ate. And it had nothing to do with wanting control over man, because that's not found in Genesis at all. 

Furthermore, she (and the guy she quotes) seems to have a complete misunderstanding of female ministries from what I've seen. Honestly, the ones I've seen in church are used to pour into women and meet the unique needs they might have had mothers. Women/mothers need a time to rest. Am I actually a huge fan of a ton of gender segregated stuff in the church? No. But I understand the current need for a women's ministry. 

As a seminary student, I've had amaaaazzzing female professors. They're accomplished, intelligent, and kind. They hold their own and it'd  be incredibly insulting to call them easily deceived. 

image.png

5 hours ago, Celtic Rose said:

Gosh did she delete Emily's sisters comment wow

Lori wouldn't know a diplomatic or gracious gesture if it bit her on her bony posterior. Emily seems close to that sister too. Emily in many ways will have a lot of power over how much time she, their daughter and Steven, Lori's "best friend," spend with the elder Alexanders. Emily's sister is a professor of American History and political science, and yet she, as a working woman and therefore whore of Babylon, showed more meekness and gentleness than that troglodyte Lorbags. That woman either needs charm school or a lobotomy. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Can someone tweet Lori's post today back to Melissa?

I copied and pasted the link and sent it to her.  Hopefully it worked. I'm not really familiar with Twitter. 

On her afternoon post, a seemingly young woman commented that she and her boyfriend were moving from homelessness to a home and she’s worried about how she will manage a home plus work but was overall excited to be in a home again. I didn’t grab a screen shot. That bitch Lori deleted it. 

On 1/22/2018 at 9:25 AM, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

I'm reminded of the Pat Robertson gem "Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism, and become lesbians."

Yeah, I've definitely heard people express sentiments along those lines in real life. It's amazing how open people will be with ridiculous views like these both in person and online. As awful as they are to hear/read and realize someone actually feels that way, it's useful, too. It makes it very easy to know who to stay away from. 

Spoiler

And easy to come up with simple ways to keep them out of your hair: 

dYXhG.gif

32 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Today's post is so funny because Lori is one of the meanest women I've ever seen. 

Her lack of self-awareness is truly astounding. 

3 hours ago, EowynW said:

Today's post is so funny because Lori is one of the meanest women I've ever seen. 

Title: Learning to Disagree without Being Harsh

Oh, Lori, if only YOU would learn this, the world would be a far better place.

Examples of being harsh:

• Posting pictures and peeking in windows in order to disagree with other people's housekeeping
  • Pronouncing that those who disagree with you are disagreeing with God
  • Sharing pictures of your son's high school classmates in order to disagree with their clothing choices
  • Gossiping about a woman' daughter who designs thongs in order to disagree with 1) thongs, and 2) women working, all while throwing both the woman and the daughter under the bus
  • Insisting that women stay with abusive husbands because you disagree with their concern for their well-being
  • Disagreeing that women should have feelings because "feelings are satanic" or some such crap
  • Writing mean-spirited posts about other women who are trying to do God's work because you disagree with their approaches are upset because they are more well-liked than you
  • Writing posts that complain about family members, even if those family members aren't named
  • Telling women that women that they need to figure out how to cover up no matter what in order to avoid causing men to lust, all while wearing shirts cut down to there and shorts that clearly show thigh.
  • Writing a post that begins, "As sisters in Christ, we need to learn how to be able to disagree with each other without becoming harsh, mean, upset, angry, or offended . . . since it’s an important quality to have as a believer in Jesus Christ" and really meaning that everyone else needs to learn to be nice when they're disagreeing with you but not thinking it applies to yourself at all

Yesterday Lori quoted and linked to this blog piece "Why Most Evangelical Women are Worthless". She also chimed in, in the comments: (Here's the link https://www.roberttruelove.com/why-most-evangelical-women-are-worthless/ )

5a6a155a1a378_Sally1.JPG.17e413be1b263de388064acc812f79f5.JPG

Lori's version of polite disagreement = make broad judgments. 

Today Sally fires back:

5a6a16213614f_Sally2.JPG.a0381204bdc581fa1316846f6a5b7ca2.JPG

Will Lori answer to defend her worthless ministry???

ContentWife says:

January 24, 2018 at 4:01 pm

The name of the article could easily be misunderstood though… as women being worthless. But I realize he meant that that kind of women’s ministry is not correct and is worthless.

Lori Alexander says:

January 24, 2018 at 4:20 pm

I listened and read what he had to say about the title of his article and he said that women who are not fulfilling their God-given command but are instead seeking fulfillment away from it such as in women’s ministries are worthless.

Wow.  I guess he finally gave her the courage to call all of the women she's always bashing (Joyce Meyer, Beth Moore, Sarah Young) "worthless".  

Here's a question for you Lori, where can that be found IN THE BIBLE????

ContentWife says:

January 24, 2018 at 4:54 pm

The Lord died for each one of us. In that sense, we are not worthless. 

Silence from Lori, because who cares what the Bible says?!?  Those women are worthless, and she knows it!

As for today's post, I'd like to reference a post from May 2016:

I don't want to do this any longer. I don't want to debate my husband or others in a way that tells them that I am right and they are wrong

Which really.... :pb_lol:  She spends every.single.day debating others, and telling them why she's right and they're wrong.

Nobody likes a know-it-all and someone who forces their opinions on others.

You don't say...

Lori concludes:

Women shouldn't be arguing over issues that have no eternal significance like organic or not organic, vaccinations or no vaccinations, public school or homeschool, sleep training or co-sleeping, spanking or not spanking, etc.

Doctor, heal thyself!

And because she's on a roll w/ contradicting herself today:

Is your home a happy home? It's so important for your children to be continually seeing the joy of the Lord working in and through you. You will want to draw them to Christ in you by being cheerful and building up a happy home through wisdom; for the JOY of the Lord is your strength!

Really?  Because a reader said something similar recently. 

Reader:

But we have to remember that just being home isn’t enough, being JOYFULLY at home is what makes the difference.

Lori immediately snapped back:

I wasn't "joyfully at home" while I was raising my children because I was so sick...

Well Lori, I guess you should have let the JOY of the Lord be your strength.  You clearly weren't "drawing your children to Christ", by allowing yourself to focus on your sickness, instead of letting the Lord work through you.

Side note- Is the "Cassi" she keeps quoting from the chat room, "the Cassi"?  As in, her Cassi?  If so, just :(  Another generation treated like Lori treated her kids.  That makes me very, very sad.

I would also love to know how Emily responded to her sister's comment being deleted.  She seems very close to her siblings, so I can't imagine it went well.

2 hours ago, molecule said:

Title: Learning to Disagree without Being Harsh

Oh, Lori, if only YOU would learn this, the world would be a far better place.

Examples of being harsh:

-Deleting the national suicide helpline number on a discussion of suicide with a person indicating that she was thinking about it. Later, even deleting the suicidal person's comment.

-Banning people for quoting Bible passages that question Lori's interpretation of another passage.

-Deleting NIH imformation regarding mammograms because it disagreed with Lori.

2 hours ago, molecule said:

Examples of being harsh:

Assuming the worst possible motivations of those who disagree with her.  According to Lori, no one simply misunderstands what the Bible says, or sees it differently, it's always direct rebellion against God, or being a Jezebel. Women don't just dress to please themselves, they deliberately set out to seduce any man they meet.  Mothers don't work outside of the home because the alternative is homelessness for their precious children, they always want luxuries.  

It's funny (sad funny), because harsh, mean, and cruel are some of the first words that come to my mind when I think of Lori.  

She doesn't do anything that would draw anyone to Jesus...

First I find the post on disagreement hilarious because it's like she does the exact opposite of what she PREACHES in her WOMEN'S MINISTRY. Also, because she's an easily deceived woman, I wonder if Ken proofreads her writing and if she makes corrections as needed. After all, he is her head and is much more "knowledgeable". 

Also saying that churches have gone liberal because they don't use the KJV is utterly ridiculous. Maybe just maybe all those Biblical scholars who translated newer versions of the Bible were on to something? Afterall, when you read the KJV verses you translate them into modern English in your head right? So why not just use the ESV? (not my favorite but comps like it) Would that make life too easy or something? 

@Sarah92

The irony, of course, is that the best evangelical scholars will tell you that the KJV is a poor translation because the translation methodology was flawed and there was an overt political agenda in translating it (and the texts used for the translation) - So really, Lori is using a text that is more politicized than the translations she disparages.

Tody Lori is reminding her readers that they should not "listen to their hearts."

So, I'm just going to share one of her "YouTubes," and remind everybody that she must have listened to heart when she made it. After all, it was on her heart to whisper about modesty in the middle of the night.  What else would cause her to make such a video, unless she was listening to her heart?  I mean, other than the fact that she's a whack-a-doo, of course.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived