IGNORED

Jinger 34: Now with Hol(e)y Jeans and Pregnant!

samurai_sarah

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Candydandy said:

I am happy to hear they are expecting- they had over a year to enjoy married life together. As with the arrival of any newborn, my mind does not go to the question of the baby being gay or transgender. That calls for a WTF?!?  Everyone hopes and prays  for a healthy baby. You have that plus 2 loving parents and everything is good. 

You obviously know nothing about Jeremy's homophobic rants. There is a very big possibility that this man may NOT be a loving parent if his child is gay or transgender, no matter how healthy it is.

And yes, I said 'it'. No parent or a member of society has the right to force a gender to a newborn.

Though I am shocked to hear that, of all things, a Duggar woman is pregnant, I will try to carry on.

9 minutes ago, Candydandy said:

As with the arrival of any newborn, my mind does not go to the question of the baby being gay or transgender. That calls for a WTF?!?  Everyone hopes and prays  for a healthy baby. You have that plus 2 loving parents and everything is good. 

I mean, J+J are already making a lot of wild guesses about how their kid will be cisgender (e.g. saying that the sex reveal will determine whether they decorate the nursery with "boy" or "girl" colors) - how is discussing the possibility of them having a transgender kid more inappropriate? :\

2 minutes ago, Edhelfin said:

You obviously know nothing about Jeremy's homophobic rants. There is a very big possibility that this man may NOT be a loving parent if his child is gay or transgender, no matter how healthy it is.

And yes, I said 'it'. No parent or a member of society has the right to force a gender to a newborn.

I didn't know about Jeremy's rants? Is it really that bad? I thought Jinger and Jeremy focused on other issues in their sermons? Is it really that homo-centered?

Sorry, but I'm too lazy to listen to Jeremy's looooong sermons online, I just ask you guys!

1 hour ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

Is it too much to hope for that by "We're expecting" they mean they just made a big shopping order on Amazon and it hasn't got there yet? 

That's hilarious. I'm going to do that one day...

When husband & I bought a new couch I posted on FB "Just wanted to let everyone know that Husband & I are expecting.... a new sofa! Arriving Oct 2017". My mother called me an asshole but husband & I had a good laugh (considering we're childfree and plan to keep it that way indefinitely).

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I am SHOCKED, I tell you. A Duggar woman is having a BABY? I am positively flabbergasted!

All kidding aside, I'm glad they took their time, and I'm betting that they'll go for an Eye-talian name because Jeremy is ITALIAN, you guys. Did we mention his Italian heritage at least three times in this episode? No? Come look at his latest bowel movement; Jeremy is so Italian that he shits cannoli. If Jeremy went to Italy, they would make him their king because he's just so goshdarned Italian. 

Considering how starry eyed Jinger is over Jeremy still and how "Italian" Jeremy (or TLC) has decided he is, I can totally see Jinger doing some super over the top, quasi-made up Italian girl's name like Gionvanella or Isabellini or something. Along the lines of Teresa Giudice's daughters' names, but with less cultural legitimacy. 

2 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Though I am shocked to hear that, of all things, a Duggar woman is pregnant, I will try to carry on.

I mean, J+J are already making a lot of wild guesses about how their kid will be cisgender (e.g. saying that the sex reveal will determine whether they decorate the nursery with "boy" or "girl" colors) - how is discussing the possibility of them having a transgender kid more inappropriate? :\

I think it is inappropriate to speculate that the child may be born transgender and the parents will hate him/ her/ whatever. A parent's love knows no bounds. A lot of people I know decorate neutral despite knowing the sex and a lot decorate according to the sex. Nothing wrong with either. 

16 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

I didn't know about Jeremy's rants? Is it really that bad? I thought Jinger and Jeremy focused on other issues in their sermons? Is it really that homo-centered?

Sorry, but I'm too lazy to listen to Jeremy's looooong sermons online, I just ask you guys!

Please Google "jeremy vuolo lgbt". Sorry, I am too lazy to summarize a sermon for you.

Sure, he also focused on other subjects as well. Bashing Catholics, for example. Is he really that bad? You bet.

30 minutes ago, Candydandy said:

Everyone hopes and prays  for a healthy baby. You have that plus 2 loving parents and everything is good. 

I hate to break it to you, but life is a bit more complicated than that. :my_confused:

10 minutes ago, Candydandy said:

I think it is inappropriate to speculate that the child may be born transgender and the parents will hate him/ her/ whatever. A parent's love knows no bounds. A lot of people I know decorate neutral despite knowing the sex and a lot decorate according to the sex. Nothing wrong with either. 

I was speculating about the parents' reaction IF the child is born gay or transgender. Did you even read what I originally wrote? You are being a bit naive about this, I am afraid. There are many fundies that disowned their kids for being LGBTQI+.

Okay, I have a ton to do at work today, but I just had to come on here once I saw the announcement. I feel....weirdly sad that every married Duggar has so quickly hopped on the baby making train. I wanted just one of them, Jinger or otherwise, to spend more than a year not popping kids out!

I just hope they all limit their family size to 10ish or less, but ofc it's too early to tell. I hope Jinger has a safe and healthy pregnancy and does not go home to AK to receive Jill's midwifery "skills." 

1 hour ago, Edhelfin said:

'Maybe'? A child's happiness and wellbeing is more important than gambling with a possibility.

Keep dreaming about the small chance that people like Jeremy can change. I have nothing else to say.

I want to clarify what I said a bit.  I do believe that people always have the capacity to change, even Jeremy and his ilk. 

I agree with you however that a child should not be subject to their happiness and wellbeing being in jeopardy due to their parents personal beliefs or effed up values, but I also think that can happen with parents who are not fundies as well.  

@Candydandy I can see how ppl assuming the worst of the new parents could rankle you, but Jeremy has spoken in his sermons specifically about ministering to LGBTQ friends/family, and has said that if you really love them, you should "winsomely and graciously" tell them that they're not really gay just sinful and bad.  Barring the possibility of fatherhood influencing his perspective, that's his stance on having a trans or gay child.

(Derick tweeted something similar when someone asked him what he'd do if one of his kids were trans - preach at them because you love them.)

13 minutes ago, brusselsgriffon said:

I wanted just one of them, Jinger or otherwise, to spend more than a year not popping kids out!

You got your wish. Why are you sad?

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Since I highly doubt the used any measures I think the year wait was more chance and probably her not being as fertile as some of her sisters and her mother. Who knows though.  

Or, maybe Jeremy hasn’t got as many viable sperm?

Just now, Lizzybet said:

Or, you know, they just waited to do "it" until a few months ago? It's possible and more natural than going from never being kissed to sex within 5-6 hours.

I'm glad they got to spend time as a couple getting to know each other before this (you know outside of strict courtship rules). Also it's like you know what it means when a married fundie couple says they have exciting news, but I still clicked anyways like it could be different :pb_lol:.

I can't help but feel sad about this which is silly. Of course she was going to be pregnant and at least she got over a year with her husband before getting knocked up.  Jinger was definitely my first pet fundie and obviously for a lot of us since this whole site is named for her.

I hope she is happy and her brood is manageable. 

42 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

I didn't know about Jeremy's rants? Is it really that bad?

I wouldn't classify them as rants.   Yes, they belong to a conservative congregation and hold the beliefs one would assume in that type of group.  But he isn't advocating for stoning, preventing people from holding jobs, kicking them out of their homes, etc.  like that some of those nutjobs do.    (like the Andersons, etc).  

8 minutes ago, Lizzybet said:

Fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, SongRed7 said:

I wouldn't classify them as rants.   Yes, they belong to a conservative congregation and hold the beliefs one would assume in that type of group.  But he isn't advocating for stoning, preventing people from holding jobs, kicking them out of their homes, etc.  like that some of those nutjobs do.    (like the Andersons, etc).  

Are you serious? So what if he is slightly better than the worst of the worst? He clearly expressed his anti-LGBTQI+, anti-Catholic views. Unbelievable how many entries I have read starting with 'well at least...' *insert a possible involuntary wait that lasted a year, letting Jinger wear pants, etc. etc.* It is astonishing how people are willing to make excuses for this hateful idiot!

I'm sure they deliberately waited almost a year before trying to conceive. Jeremy's mentor gave a sermon on the fact that it is godly to limit family size- his wife was worn out looking after 4 or 5 and " because he is supposed to love her like Jesus loved the church" they decided that was enough for their family. This was the pastor at the Grace Church in San Antonio.

Adding to the sentiment that while this was expected at some point, I am glad that they had a true year just to themselves first to actually get to know one another first. Hoping she is getting real prenatal care and things go smoothly.

Re Jeremy's playing up his Italian side...could totally be for cameras of course. However I am only 1/4 Italian and it is the heritage I most identify with since I had a large extended family near by always getting together in stereotypical Italian fashion with lots of food, yelling at each other (usually about the food), etc. I wanted to use my grandfathers very Italian name for a son but two of my cousins beat me to it.

I'm also betting Jessa will have an announcement soon as well. Besties having babies together! TLC storyline heaven.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived