IGNORED

Chelsy and John's Wedding and the Aftermath

Palimpsest

@Triplet3, in my 65 years of life, I have attended numerous USAdian weddings—Catholic, Jewish, civil, Baptist, Methodist, Congregationalist, interdenominational—and I can swear to you that these fundie weddings are the polar opposite of what we do in the mainstream.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I scanned through the wedding and the comments so , no doubt, I've missed some things. I just wanted to let people know that I have NEVER been to a wedding here ( Nova Scotia , Canada) where a drone was used, the bride was barefoot, or the minister discussed someone's vasectomy!!!!!! OMG!. Please, people of FJ, know that this is NOT the norm for Protestant weddings or for Protestant churches.  I cannot believe it.:confused2: ( Been to plenty of Catholic and Anglican weddings and have never witnessed anything remotely like this).

NOT the norm !!’

Happily wading thru all the comments but I’ll pause here to say:

Steve don’t preach? Sulk, sulk, sulk. (“I didn’t engineer this wedding, I won’t grace you all with my sterling words!”)

Steve’s sexual surgical history? Two reasons: Show how you should never not have potential baby-making sex bcz who would poor Chesty be marrying if not Reversal John?

ALSO:  “Stevie we wuv you so we are so so sorry your feelings are hurt so we’ll make your fertility the secondary star of the show!” 

I just caught up with somewhere around 20 pages.  I didn't get to watch the livestream, the hubs took a day off from his self-employment and we went shopping plus out to lunch.  But wow, this sounds like something I would have paid to see!

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I thought that's what was happening, but why would they have done it before they were finished reciting their vows? I thought maybe she forgot the paper with her vows on it, but then why would they both go?

That way they kissed before marriage but nobody else will know and they won’t have to feel guilty because it was ‘while’ they were getting married. 

Anyone know the #’s to search for the Maxwell and Wissman weddings on IG?

2 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

That way they kissed before marriage but nobody else will know and they won’t have to feel guilty because it was ‘while’ they were getting married. 

When people (AKA Stevehova) asks when they had their first kiss, they can say "on their wedding day" or even "at the wedding" or "in the chapel" and it won't be a lie! :D Of course, if he reads this and then asks them if they had their first kiss on the altar, they could say something-something-sacred-something.

That was utterly hilarious. Thanks for everyone who commented, I was dying laughing here. I can honestly say I have never been to a wedding (fundamentalist or otherwise) where so much time was given over to talking about the groom's father's genitals. Or any time come to that.

Also the fundie weddings I've been to here still follow the ceremony followed by reception pattern, so the huge number of speeches before getting to the point were a new thing for me. 

Finally never seen a drone delivering rings before, but my parents went to one where they used a falcon. In a church. Half the congregation ducked as it flew in, the other half as it flew out after the delivery...

Omg!! I missed the wedding :my_cry:  can't believe all that happened.. I hope Steve was pissed because he had no control over it.

26 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

Anyone know the #’s to search for the Maxwell and Wissman weddings on IG?

If you want to see the Wissmann  wedding go to Beth Beasley’s account @capturedbybeth she has prenty if stuff on her insta story

I haven’t seen anything for Chelsy and John’s though

Just catching up.  I had my family Christmas this afternoon and it would have been kind of rude to leave the celebration to watch a wedding of two people I've never met.  They talked about Coward Steve's vasectomy?  WTEF?  I hope Stud John and Judgy Chelsy had a quickie while "looking" for her vows.

6 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

If you want to see the Wissmann  wedding go to Beth Beasley’s account @capturedbybeth she has prenty if stuff on her insta story

I haven’t seen anything for Chelsy and John’s though

I like Michelle's dress. I just wish the lace sleeves went to her wrist. Then the dress would be perfect. 

Goodness... I can't believe I picked shopping over this!

Her feet must have been freezing. 

I could live with the bridesmaid dresses if the modesty panel was maybe another color. Ivory lace maybe?

2 hours ago, Briefly said:

I just caught up with somewhere around 20 pages.  I didn't get to watch the livestream, the hubs took a day off from his self-employment and we went shopping plus out to lunch.  But wow, this sounds like something I would have paid to see!

The other Bontrager weddings were put on YouTube after the livestream, so this one may go up too, unless Steve vetoes now his son owns Chelsy and can control her social media presence.

49 minutes ago, nomoxian said:

:D Of course, if he reads this and then asks them if they had their first kiss on the altar, they could say something-

If they but *had* an altar *scoff!*

Its all about Teh Stage w these people. 

Which reminds me—-the Bontrager music I heard wasn’t great, but it was several orders of magnitude better than the Maxwells’.

2 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

If they but *had* an altar *scoff!*

Hey now, they had a very respectable end-table up there that looks like it was bought from a Best Western furniture liquidation. Praise be!

18 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I could live with the bridesmaid dresses if the modesty panel was maybe another color. Ivory lace maybe?

Now, dove, think about what you just said: contrasting colors would attract leering eyeballs to the chestal region! Mustn’t, mustn’t!!!! 

2 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Hey now, they had a very respectable end-table up there that looks like it was bought from a Best Western furniture liquidation. Praise be!

Well bless both our ashen hearts, I do stand corrected!!!!! :my_biggrin:

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Come now, you don’t want to risk making an idol of an altar. Not when there are vasectomies and subsequent reversal children to laud.

56 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Finally never seen a drone delivering rings before, but my parents went to one where they used a falcon. In a church. Half the congregation ducked as it flew in, the other half as it flew out after the delivery.

But was a plush penguin involved? 

I knew of a couple whose rings were flown in by a raptor of some nature. Probably a falcon. Anyway it was the groom’s second wedding and it, too, ended in divorce.  He was good to birds but hard on human women. *shudder*

Just now, MamaJunebug said:

But was a plush penguin involved? 

Yes!  My first thought when I saw the drone was "the Arndts are involved in this?" :my_tongue:

6 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Yes!  My first thought when I saw the drone was "the Arndts are involved in this?" :my_tongue:

If they were, it would be the best-photographed Maxwell wedding!

Did you all notice the photographer was a woman and not Christopher?!

2 minutes ago, Elegant Mess said:

Aw, man. How will we know what the parking lot and bathroom doors look like?!

Chiming in from pages ago to say I know this John C. Maxwell.  He's quite the egomaniac.  His son and a child of mine may have attended nursery school together. 
Interesting. I think he's one of the authors that a lot of reformed, stylish, conservative Christians like (a la Vuolos). What makes you say he's an egomaniac?

4 minutes ago, Elegant Mess said:

I believe It was either Christopher or Nathan that had to get his phone out and take a picture while John and Chelsy were signing their marriage certificate. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived