IGNORED

Chelsy and John's Wedding and the Aftermath

Palimpsest

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, fluffy said:

Uh oh - she said "team together." Don't tell Lori short-shorts Alexander, who recently ruled that married couples are not a team. 

In all honesty, Chelsey seems to have a lot more going on upstairs than most fundie brides. Good for her. 

There was also "helpmeet" and "to obey". It's interesting. I definitely don't think she intends to be wholly passive - it doesn't seem to be her personality.

But they're still honouring the conservative vision of marriage

Just now, griffin said:

she read those vows like reading an instruction manual. no sentiment or meaning whatsoever

It's probably just nerves. I have a lot of trouble with stuff like that too, even though I'm usually really comfortable with/good at public speaking.

she read those vows like reading an instruction manual. no sentiment or meaning whatsoever

I thought she read them like she was out of breath...like she had just ran out of the church. Lol

I have to say that from what I can see of it, I love Chelsy's dress. It's pretty much exactly what I would wear if I got married. 

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

I have to say that from what I can see of it, I love Chelsy's dress. It's pretty much exactly what I would wear if I got married. 

Same!! For a Maxwell bride, I'm very pleasantly surprised about her entire outfit except for the no shoes.

I must say I'm finding it intriguing how little Maxwell there appears to be in this wedding, compared to the previous ones. No Steve speech, no Reversals singing - all the music from the Bontrager side.

Which I guess is fair enough when the bride's family usually hosts the wedding (not to mention the fact that the Bontragers are professional musicians). But Steve was able to take over the weddings of his sons when it was less prominent bride's families involved.

I thought her only friend bridesmaid might be the pastors wife (both last name Brown).

I'm convinced Cass and Lina are pregnant now. I would never let my husband carry me while pregnant. He's a clumsy one.

Well that was just downright chaotic! I'm betting Stevehovah's blood pressure reading is off the charts right about now. 

Yeah, but didn't Joe hoist the very pregnant Elissa? I guess everyone's different.

I'd like to carry my future husband out of the church, just to mess with everyone. Unfortunately I don't have the upper body strength.

Once we got cut off I scrolled down a bit and noticed the youtube information on the livestream said Category: Comedy. Ha! Well we laughed!

Thanks for the watchalong, folks! What a great way to spend an hour or so :)

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Yeah, but didn't Joe hoist the very pregnant Elissa? I guess everyone's different.

I'd like to carry my future husband out of the church, just to mess with everyone. Unfortunately I don't have the upper body strength.

Tell him to fling himself over your shoulder ;)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived