IGNORED

Chelsy and John's Wedding and the Aftermath

Palimpsest

Wouldn't the bride and grooms sentiments and thanks to their parents be appropriate for a toast at the reception? Where is the actual wedding ceremony? What in the corn on the cob is going on? 

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So this is going to go on so long that 4 of the bridesmaids are seated.  But the rest are standing.  As are them groomsmen.  Huh?  Between that and the baby/toddler in arms.  

Are they the pregnant bridesmaids? If so, that makes sense.

HAHAHA.  Are the groomsmen at parade rest?   

Maybe Chelsy can teach the Maxwell sisters how to speak like an adult woman

1 minute ago, clueliss said:

So this is going to go on so long that 4 of the bridesmaids are seated.  But the rest are standing.  As are them groomsmen.  Huh?  Between that and the baby/toddler in arms.  

At least two of those sitting are pregnant. I am surprised they are considerate enough of their brood mares to allow them chairs. 

2 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I made sweet potato pancakes just before this so I am full and sleepy. I just fessed up to my husband earlier about watching this

My husband sequestered himself downstairs, came upstairs with booze, then went back down and just came back from the store with a 3L bottle of Three Sixty vodka because 'it was on sale' lol

exactly!! all of this should be at a rehearsal dinner. i knew this was going to be rather ridiculous, but this is mindblowing. 

These are definitely reception speeches! I've never been to a wedding like this and I've been to a few fundie-light ones in the UK over the years!

These speeches should either be held a) at the rehearsal dinner or b ) at the reception. 

Surely if you have to have a sermon, talk about the sacrament of marriage or whatever the fundie protestant equivalent of that speech is

Hahaha. This is a fundie wedding friends. Though, I will admit the bride playing the music at her own wedding is a new one on me.

Awww, the way Chelsy is looking up at John is really sweet. John, on the other hand, looked really awkward when Chelsy was speaking. Hmm.

2 minutes ago, fellowunfundie said:

Are they the pregnant bridesmaids? If so, that makes sense.

I bet there are other pregnant bridesmaids since three got married 4 months ago. 

Okay, I tuned in like half an hour late and I'm totally lost. What the eff is going on. Has the marriage ceremony happened yet? Was that dude talking a few minutes ago the pastor? Why on earth are John and Chelsy preaching to the congregation during their own wedding?

All the fundies must have been salivating at that mention of a 14 and 15-year-old getting married. #goals

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

Hahaha. This is a fundie wedding friends. Though, I will admit the bride playing the music at her own wedding is a new one on me.

I don't think I've heard a Fundie bride make a speech before.

They even have the tiny groomsman doing a wide stance.

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Ha, it's fun to snark but if this is what they want then more power to them

So much talking, though!

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Those poor groomsmen and bridesmaid...don't lock your knees, folks. :?

This is worse than a full mass catholic wedding because they don't even get to sit! 

1 minute ago, seraaa said:

These speeches should either be held a) at the rehearsal dinner or b ) at the reception. 

Surely if you have to have a sermon, talk about the sacrament of marriage or whatever the fundie protestant equivalent of that speech is

As I understand it, since most fundie weddings don't have formal receptions, just some sort of cake-cutting thing, that kind of explains why the reception-type speeches are during the ceremony. 

However, the Bontragers ARE actually having a reception so they've really no excuse. I note on their invitations for the boys' weddings though, they had to remind the guests that there was dinner afterwards and they could stay for it if they liked. So their guests certainly wouldn't have any expectations of hearing these messages at their reception.

Can we all take a moment and appreciate how bizarre it is that two, as-yet unmarried people have been given extended time on the mic to talk about marriage? You know nothing, John Maxwell. 

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Okay, I tuned in like half an hour late and I'm totally lost. What the eff is going on. Has the marriage ceremony happened yet? Was that dude talking a few minutes ago the pastor? Why on earth are John and Chelsy preaching to the congregation during their own wedding?

All the fundies must have been salivating at that mention of a 14 and 15-year-old getting married. #goals

Nope, no actual ceremony yet. We have heard about Steve's testicles, watched Chelsy play piano, seen a young boy pray for a wife, and counted bridesmaids as they sat, but no ceremony. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived