IGNORED

Dillards 48: Proselytising Prick Preaching to People

samurai_sarah

4 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Helicopter apologist parents need not apply around here.  A 28 year old father of two is making his own (bad) decisions and writing his own (bad) tweets.  

LET IT GO, Mom.

My adult kids would be MORTIFIED if I stepped into any of their online opines. 

Good lowered... and Rufus Bless. 

And as my dearly departed would say, "Christ on a bicycle!"

Seriously. I am a few months older than Derick and I cannot imagine my mother jumping in to defend me on social media (assuming I was getting into arguments on social media, which I'm not). I'm trying to imagine if I wrote a book and my mum started popping up on Goodreads, telling off everyone who gave me bad reviews. Extremely embarrassing, totally inappropriate, and supremely immature on the parent's part.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

66E373A0-928C-4AAA-9C27-C3307FD5C9A6.thumb.png.9fe0ce367c05d485e1401e9f4709bd10.pngDerick’s mom is chiming in again on his tweet! 

Surprise, surprise..not. Does she wipe his butt for him too? Does he have her n his beck and call?

Mommy someone is calling me out on Twitter again, I need you!

I can imagine him doing that. Grow up, Derick. Fight your own bloody battles. 

Derrick’s dad was in law enforcement. I doubt he was sitting on a bundle of money. Besides, whatever he had would have been left to Cathy. Everything they had they likely earned together so I can’t see dad leaving his portion to the boys. Unless independently wealthy, most people just make sure everything goes to their spouse. I am sure he wanted Cathy to be able to stay in their house and keep the lifestyle she had when there were two paychecks. Derrick likely gets by the same way Ben does, the Bank of Jim Bob/Michelle.

I wonder how much TLC money Jill/Derrick have left. We don’t know if they made enough in donations to pay for their stay in CA. They took frequent trips to the US while in CA. Jill/Derrick weren’t getting Kardashian or Jersey Shore money because their show was nowhere near as popular, so I doubt they are sitting on hundreds of thousands of dollars. 

I'm so confused because we know he was fired? So what would we be assuming if we know via his employer and Dwreck himself that his main source of income is gone?

@Edhelfin Derick's nothing like Emily's Dna. Dan was barely literate, yet he worked hard at Walmart to support his kids.  He also had fun interests (Star Trek for one) and a great sense of humor. 

Dan Pierce is 100 x a better person than Derick has ever been.  Derick is revolting both inside and out.

31 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Besides, whatever he had would have been left to Cathy.

I agree 100%.

However, jealous, money hungry kids will always argue this point. Sigh.

2 minutes ago, bekkah said:

I vote for Christ on a bicycle as a post count title 

It has my thumbs up! I love the thread titles here. 

3 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Surprise, surprise..not. Does she wipe his butt for him too? Does he have her n his beck and call?

I wonder how much time she spends lurking on his Twitter, and whether she calls him with updates.

How did he get approved for a lease?  Payment in advance?  Can't imagine there are too many landlords wanting to see GoFundMe as an income source.

My mom was such a helicopter parent when I was growing up that you could title footage of her falling over "Black Hawk Down", and even she wouldn't dream of stepping in to defend me on social media like Cathy is doing.

Cathy, your son is a grown-ass man with two children. If he still needs mommy to fight his battles for him on social media, you have failed as a parent. 

Another pic of the Dullards at Tori's wedding:

"Tori Bate's wedding", really?

Also loling at becky_m's comment, asking for more pictures :pb_lol:

I’d give him the benefit of the doubt and say he thinks it was a good year because Samuel is healthy and Jill made it through another c-section, but this is Derick. He probably thinks it was a successful year because two Catholics and two Muslims half-listened to whatever bullshit he was preaching. He’d likely think it was the best year yet if Izzy had managed to not act his age and interrupt him during the Christmas story the other night. :pb_rollseyes:

5 hours ago, Dandruff said:

How did he get approved for a lease?  Payment in advance?  Can't imagine there are too many landlords wanting to see GoFundMe as an income source.

Jim Bob or Cathy probably co-signed on the lease. 

Even though I dislike Derick I'll probably go ahead and give him the benefit of the doubt that it was a great year because they had a new baby. That outweighs a lot of bad things for most people. Granted, Derick probably would say nothing bad happened at all and his various failures like getting kicked off TLC are all ~part of the plan~, but I digress.

9 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

So Jill posted a pick of Sam's "blowout"... eww!

Before anyone overreacts -

I honestly thought you meant she posted a photo of his actual diaper with stuff oozing out, not a pretty harmless photo of Sam’s back with a small spot on it. Still not something I’ve shared of my baby, but not nearly as bad as you made me think. :pb_lol:

Gross. Also, I remember blowouts being a novelty with my first baby, but then you learn/accept that some clothes are just not worth saving and move on with your life.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Before anyone overreacts -

I honestly thought you meant she posted a photo of his actual diaper with stuff oozing out, not a pretty harmless photo of Sam’s back with a small spot on it. Still not something I’ve shared of my baby, but not nearly as bad as you made me think. :pb_lol:

I was actually more grossed out by this post than the diaper blowout...

Boy Michelle and JB’s leave and cleave has really come back to bite them in the ass. And when all you have to post is  blow out soilage and your toddler licking a fan, it’s time to reflect on what your life has become. Get a job, take a class, ceramic, music, yoga...something, anything that isn’t caustic to others or your kids.

I do NOT get the hate over Derick's expressing gratitude about 2017 AT ALL.  

In 2017, I lost someone close to me to suicide.  Shortly after, my partner of 10 years ended our relationship which meant I lost all contact with my bonus kids.  I can't have my own babies, so I can't even describe what losing those kids feel like. It feels like a breakup times four.  They have half my heart.

I still try VERY hard to focus on the positive and be grateful. I have gotten very close to the family of the one we lost as we all fumble to move forward. It's been a tender honor to watch over them.  

I focus on being an aunt and my little nephews and nieces have bonded to me. It's the sweetest thing when you suddenly feel little hands tugging at your knees and you look down to see bright little faces reaching up for hugs and kisses. I have been reconnecting with old friends I lost contact with.  I plug along on my STEM degree to set up a brighter future. I have more free time to volunteer and do work with the homeless now. Next week, I am traveling to visit some cousins I haven't seen in years. 

I would never say 2017 was the best ever, of course not.  But focusing on the good, well it's the only way to survive. I won't fault anyone for that.

2 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Jim Bob or Cathy probably co-signed on the lease. 

I am guessing Cathy. I don’t see JB co-signing just because he owns so much property he would just put them in one of his. I really think the biggest news out of the Dillard camp is that they aren’t in a Dugger owned property and they didn’t buy a house either. 

2017 was great for Derick! How can anyone say otherwise? He finally got to be the person that he has always wanted to be! He is a hateful, rude, arrogant, holier than thou, prick! Derick has attacked people, such as Jazz, on twitter. Deal with his consequences? Oh good lord no. Mommy comes in and takes the roll of Bounty the quicker picker upper and wipes up the pill and shoves it hard under the rug. All the while lecturing us on the things that we don't know. He got fired by TLC so he doesn't even have to pretend that he cares about filming anymore. He thanked his wife's molester for giving him money for his fake program.  He supported another molester to win an election, the only downside was that Alabama thinks less highly of molesters than Duggars do. So he wasn't elected. 

But how can anyone possibly say that Derick didn't have a good year! :) 

*Sarcasm to infinity!* 

Aw man. The tweeting prodigy blocked me. Guess he got pissy because I called him out for supporting Moore and Trump... and because I told him he compromised his morals... and that self-reflection is a thing he should try... and that was all just in the last response I sent him. I’m not even counting the other responses I’ve sent the past few months. I even used my nice words!

I’d feel sad that our brief time together is over, but at least I have you lovely FJers to console me.  :pb_lol:

The funniest part is that Cathy can't even really defend her precious baby boy. She pops up, makes some butthurt comment like, "A lot is being assumed here" but then refuses to elaborate. Okay, Cathy, what is being assumed? Why are we wrong? What really happened? Why is little Derick blameless? Educate us. Please. If you can't, you're only making yourself look like more of a fool than your son.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived