IGNORED

Dillards 48: Proselytising Prick Preaching to People

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Aw man. The tweeting prodigy blocked me. Guess he got pissy because I called him out for supporting Moore and Trump... and because I told him he compromised his morals... and that self-reflection is a thing he should try... and that was all just in the last response I sent him. I’m not even counting the other responses I’ve sent the past few months. I even used my nice words!

I’d feel sad that our brief time together is over, but at least I have you lovely FJers to console me.  :pb_lol:

Alas he still hasn't blocked me which means I'me not snarky enough. But there is still hope.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He never blocked me for saying he excused child molestation which always surprised me.

Jill's social media game sucks. 

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

He never blocked me for saying he excused child molestation which always surprised me.

Jill's social media game sucks. 

Maybe he's proud of excusing child molestation, like he thinks it's a compliment. "That's right, I'm so open-minded, forgiving and Christlike that I'm ALWAYS willing to give child molesters the benefit of the doubt (as long as they're Republicans)!"

Part of why Jill's social media presence is so cringe-worthy is because of the contrast between Derick's public personality and Jill's portrayal of him as this sweet, generous, kind husband. It just comes off as awkward and like she's trying way too hard at a game she will never win.  

Just now, lomo6 said:

Part of why Jill's social media presence is so cringe-worthy is because of the contrast between Derick's public personality and Jill's portrayal of him as this sweet, generous, kind husband. It just comes off as awkward and like she's trying way too hard at a game she will never win.  

I think part of it is also that her attempt at making him seem sweet and generous comes off as basic.  So he cooks once in a while, or does basic nice things.  I don't gush about things like that because I think they are expected. . . 

6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Maybe he's proud of excusing child molestation, like he thinks it's a compliment. "That's right, I'm so open-minded, forgiving and Christlike that I'm ALWAYS willing to give child molesters the benefit of the doubt (as long as they're Republicans)!"

But the weird thing was, he said child molestation was evil, so it's like he agrees with that, but Josh doesn't count. 

Just now, lomo6 said:

Absolutely. She constantly comes across as though she's trying to convince the public he's a good husband, when it's obvious he's pretty terrible. And I'm still thinking about all those Bible passages he'd been quoting about adultery. I'd be surprised if Jill is genuinely happy in her marriage and not just trying to convince herself that she is.

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

But the weird thing was, he said child molestation was evil, so it's like he agrees with that, but Josh doesn't count. 

It's evil unless an evangelical Republican does it, then it's just a misunderstanding or a mild inappropriate trick played on them by Satan (because they're such holy people that Satan is targeting them).

Pictures of diaper blowouts and hubby's foot rubs are not cute or appealing.  Derick looks especially creepy hovering over Jill's foot and grinning like an evil fuckwad.  I'm not especially adverse to seeing shit spots and scruffy men with bad teeth, but it's not compelling use of social media.  Jill needs to get a life.

16 hours ago, Firebird said:

Dereck also seems to employ a buy used then grift the difference approach to finances. 

Buy used, and grift the difference - Love it! Sounds like a perfect motto for the Dillards to me!

I am not sure Jill is trying to convince the World Derrick is so awesome, so much as trying to convince herself. She has had difficult labor(s), lived in CA while obviously homesick and scared, then when things seem to be looking up because they moved home, her husband is repeatedly called out for his hateful views. She was supposed to have the fairytale life because she followed the rules and yet she has had to deal with so much crap.

I don’t doubt Jill likely holds the exact same views as Derrick but she knows from being on the show how much you can discuss those views without backlash. TLC pretty much said they want nothing to do with Derrick and it has to be embarrassing for her. She has to do what she can to make the fairytale seem real. Jeremy and Ben likely hold the same views but, since they are less up front about it, they get accolades for doing the everyday things regular people do. They are not really better people or think differently, they can just control their filter while Derrick doesn’t seem to be able to do so. 

Jill's #besthubbyever posts depress the shit out of me. All they ever seem to do is prove how much of a self-centered dick Derick is. Jill's posts about make it seem like these gestures are so seldom that she has to document and hashtag the few times he makes even the smallest effort in their marriage (and the Babysitting of his children), and it's so sad to me. He's never done anything particularly special to express his love for her, with the exception of having some guy write a proposal song, and even then the lyrics of that shit were weird and uncomfortable as fuck and still all about Derick.  

7 hours ago, Mayluka said:

I was actually more grossed out by this post than the diaper blowout...

Aww. Two people trying to be cute now? Nah, not falling for it. Best hubby ever...my butt. 

10 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Aww. Two people trying to be cute now? Nah, not falling for it. Best hubby ever...my butt. 

Isn't Derick always rubbing her feet when she is pregnant? Hm, I wonder how many grand-Duggars will be born in 2018.

2 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

Isn't Derick always rubbing her feet when she is pregnant? Hm, I wonder how many grand-Duggars will be born in 2018.

Ugh, perish the thought. That would be disturbingly fast given that Sam was just born in July (by c-section). They probably just needed another 'best hubby ever' photo op to attempt to improve their image on social media. But because it's the Dillards, you get this creepy, grainy photo of Derick cradling a foot while he leers at the camera.

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Ugh, perish the thought. That would be disturbingly fast given that Sam was just born in July (by c-section). They probably just needed another 'best hubby ever' photo op to attempt to improve their image on social media. But because it's the Dillards, you get this creepy, grainy photo of Derick cradling a foot while he leers at the camera.

Derick has a long way to go to improve his social media presence. Apologies to Jazz would be a good start. But oh no, he had to dig a bigger hole. And he continues to dig holes on Twitter and gets his mommy involved. 

Derick seems like the type would never apologize to Jazz or if he had to it would be so backhanded that it would manage to be even more dickish than his original comments.

18 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

@Edhelfin Derick's nothing like Emily's Dna. Dan was barely literate, yet he worked hard at Walmart to support his kids.  He also had fun interests (Star Trek for one) and a great sense of humor. 

Dan Pierce is 100 x a better person than Derick has ever been.  Derick is revolting both inside and out.

I meant physical resemblance. 

Dna definitely had more sense of humour and work ethic. Although his Instagram and fetish stories about urine soaked diapers make me uneasy.

19 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Derick seems like the type would never apologize to Jazz or if he had to it would be so backhanded that it would manage to be even more dickish than his original comments.

I agree. He isn't the type to say or be sorry, because he lacks in heart, guts and balls, IMO. If losing tlc money won't do it, nothing will. 

That footrub picture. Yikes. 

It's funny: when Whitney and Erin do "best hubby evarrr!!!!1111!!!" posts, it comes off as cute and genuine, but when Jill does it, it comes off as "maybe if I say it enough on social media, it will be true". I have a hunch that Chad and Zach aren't too far off from Derick in terms of beliefs, but they do seem like far more devoted husbands and fathers than Derick does. 

1 hour ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Nike! I feel so defrauded 

The only time I see Derick saying sorry to Jazz would be something like, "I'm sorry you think you're transgender. You know there's no such thing, don't you? "

25 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

The only time I see Derick saying sorry to Jazz would be something like, "I'm sorry you think you're transgender. You know there's no such thing, don't you? "

Jazz seems to have too much class to engage with Derick van Douchenfuck. 

51 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

That footrub picture. Yikes. 

It's funny: when Whitney and Erin do "best hubby evarrr!!!!1111!!!" posts, it comes off as cute and genuine, but when Jill does it, it comes off as "maybe if I say it enough on social media, it will be true". I have a hunch that Chad and Zach aren't too far off from Derick in terms of beliefs, but they do seem like far more devoted husbands and fathers than Derick does. 

I think the fact that Chad and Zach both have real jobs and seem to work hard to support their families instead of gallivanting all over the place indulging in stupid and extremely expensive pet vanity projects, eschewing actual work, and constantly begging strangers on the internet for money, all the while insulting and picking fights with people on social media, probably has a lot to do with it.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived