IGNORED

Counting on Season 4- Part 4: Duggar Time or Watching Paint Dry

samurai_sarah

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

hmm sounds like Daddy wasn't doing a very good job being in charge. :56247958035f1_32(18):

Ya think?

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I have a 1 year old.  There is no such thing as "off limits."  I have been unable to pee, shower, or check my email without tiny eyes watching (and interfering) since he became mobile.  Closed door sometime arent closed, and then havoc ensues.  We call him "baby destructo."

True. 

When my niece and nephew were younger we literally put locks on the door to the basement as the stairs were steep and that's where I stored most of the things that needed to be put away. 

I'd be very surprised if Jeremy let his kids anywhere near his books. He seems so protective of those books...I think he will be in for a surprise once the kid/s come along and start exploring the house.

Must say, I love the shelves, great job on those. I'm jealous.

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Off limits, even for a one-year-old, can be enforced.

I had a powder room that I kept locked at all times to keep GryffDis out. No problems whatsoever.

GryfDisappointment is grown isn't she? I recently spent an afternoon with my friends 15 month old grandson and yeah, you forget just how sneaky those little rugrats are.  :pb_lol:    

@Buzzard I called my niece Stitch, (from Lelo & Stitch) for the longest time because she would destroy everything as soon as she could drag her little body across the floor.  For those of you wondering when you can pee alone, that doesn't stop, my kids STILL follow me to the bathroom, as does my husband some times.  I occasionally have to yell I just want to POOP GO AWAY, assholes laugh and keep talking. :pb_rollseyes: DD really didn't think it was funny when I did it to her the other day, sat outside the bathroom door, texting her rando stuff giggling like Kendra, she got mad, I was amused. :pb_lol: 

About tonight's episode.

1. Jeremy really thinks a lot of himself, and was so extra tonight. I get the impression that he does love Jinger but she really is just window dressing for his picture perfect life, that he wants everyone to think he has. I'm so sick of hearing about his books, We get it you like to show off your books, I have just as many if not more, but they are more than just theology.  

2. Spurg is so damn cute, I love his hair, and I'm with Jessa, don't cut it.  Jessa is either maturing and becoming more laid back or getting much better at hiding her arrogance. She seems downright likable. 

3. Joy & Austin were, there, Joy seems like she's just happy to be anywhere that isn't TTH, I do like her attitude that she's got a roof over her head, it isn't fancy but they will look back someday and remember that time with fondness, and she's right some of the best memories I have with DH were when we are broke and living in a run down apartment when we 1st married and trying to save up for our 1st house when we were 1st married up until we moved into our 1st home 14 months after we married (and 2 weeks before our 1st was born). Austin is growing on my he  wants to give his wife a nice life, this puts him at least 10 steps ahead of Derelict and Joshly and their lazy grifiting selves.  

4. Joe showed some personality, for him anyway. Kendra is SO annoying and young. 

5. WTF is with the boys running around in jeans and tennis shoes jumping into horse troughs(sp?) good lord this kids act feral.  Yes the redneck slip and slide is fun, I've actually done that before with black plastic, dish soap and a hose, didn't have water sleds (what ever those tubes are called, as we didn't have that much space. 

Did anyone elses parents never let them do a slip and slide? My mom was just like nope you're going to break your neck which totally makes sense because it can be dangerous but even now I'm just like aw I still wanna try.

Also agree that tonight was a good reminder that Jeremy can forever suck it and has a major ego. 

11 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Did anyone elses parents never let them do a slip and slide? My mom was just like nope you're going to break your neck which totally makes sense because it can be dangerous but even now I'm just like aw I still wanna try.

Also agree that tonight was a good reminder that Jeremy can forever suck it and has a major ego. 

I had a slip and slide but I always got in trouble for putting my bathing suit on and running out in the rain to jump on the trampoline. part of it was the danger thing the bigger part was my grandma had a fit if I was outside in a bathing suit and not in an actual pool. it's funny now but really annoying when i was growing up. 

51 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm so sick of hearing about his books, We get it you like to show off your books, I have just as many if not more, but they are more than just theology.  

Maybe he heard the John Waters quote about how if you go home with someone and you see they don't have any books on their shelves, don't fuck them? 

2 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

My dad wouldn’t let us use a slip and slide cause our yard was a hot mess most of the time. If it wasn’t rocks from the plows pushing snow onto the lawn in the winter, it was a million and one thistles. 

We couldn’t have a trampoline because our yard wasn’t fenced and he didn’t want to be liable if some dumbass from down the street decided to jump on it and break their neck. 

4 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Must say, I love the shelves, great job on those. I'm jealous.

I have to agree. (Based on the pic in the recap.)

Bless me, Rufus and FJ, for I am coveting Jeremy's bookshelves. Preferably in a lighter stain with either no desk in the room, or a smaller desk to the side and two comfy armchairs in the middle. Sigh.

ETA-- @Buzzard, my 6 pairs of scissors are in a can together. Three pairs of left-handed scissors and three pairs of right-handed scissors. From now on, I'm probably going to giggle every time I see them there. :my_biggrin:

Spoiler

Go away, spoiler!

Didn't see much of last night's show but managed to get a glimpse of JoyAnna and the slip & slide. I almost wept! 

5 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

ETA-- @Buzzard, my 6 pairs of scissors are in a can together. Three pairs of left-handed scissors and three pairs of right-handed scissors. From now on, I'm probably going to giggle every time I see them there. :my_biggrin:

I'm guessing there is paper or something that you need those scissors for somewhere near your scissor collection, though!  I dont really think Jeremy is into crafting... or couponing... 

I'm really amazed that that episode was SO BORING that we didnt even get a page of comments out of it

39 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I'm guessing there is paper or something that you need those scissors for somewhere near your scissor collection, though!  I dont really think Jeremy is into crafting... or couponing... 

I'm really amazed that that episode was SO BORING that we didnt even get a page of comments out of it

I think it is because you posted it - which I know I am grateful for because watching Jessa give spud a haircut is just so boring..not to mention Jeremy and I can't remember the others.  The show needs to end...

If we get Jeremy using scissors that would be scary 

But I need to know - IS THIS ANNA???

anna.thumb.jpg.e179a351398ed5d8520314306c02c0ee.jpg

If it is, then Joshly was around too.  Does he just hide in the house when there's filming?

9 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

My parents didn't mention our necks, but burning  the lawn with the soap, no way-

Just now, SassyPants said:

My parents didn't mention our necks, but burning  the lawn with the soap, no way-

Same.  We couldnt have done it because we'd rip the lawn up and turn it into a mud pit.

9 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Jessa is either maturing and becoming more laid back or getting much better at hiding her arrogance. She seems downright likable.

I usually think this, but I was so annoyed when she told Ben to "grow up" or whatever over his video games. The guy got married at like 19!!! He had two kids in two years!!!!!!!!!! He seems to be a super hands-on and patient husband and father!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't the poor guy enjoy video games once in a while?? I mean come on, fundies have so few fun activities in life.

Maybe Jessa was joking and isn't really that harsh. I hope so.

3 minutes ago, bananabread said:

I mean come on, fundies have so few fun activities in life.

But do they?  In this one episode we saw Spurge watching a cartoon on an iphone, J'howlers watching tv in the clothing store, Ben discussing his video games, and Jeremy having an orgasm over shelving.  The "old school" duggars are dead.  This generation seems to be as worldly as the rest of us.

8 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Maybe he heard the John Waters quote about how if you go home with someone and you see they don't have any books on their shelves, don't fuck them? 

Godly women don't read. :lol:

I'm super envious of Jeremy's office. I would prefer a larger window, or several of them, but the walls of shelves have me drooling.  Right now I have two full bookshelves in my bedroom, a full one and a half one in the living room, and more books piled on pretty much every available surface.  Part of me likes living in a small apartment (less cleaning!) but god, an office would be amazing. 

6 minutes ago, bananabread said:

I usually think this, but I was so annoyed when she told Ben to "grow up" or whatever over his video games. The guy got married at like 19!!! He had two kids in two years!!!!!!!!!! He seems to be a super hands-on and patient husband and father!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't the poor guy enjoy video games once in a while?? I mean come on, fundies have so few fun activities in life.

Maybe Jessa was joking and isn't really that harsh. I hope so.

As the mom of a gamer, I'm with Jessa put the damn video games away.  I'm pretty sure the games he'd be playing are NOT for toddler/preschool/elementary school/middle school aged kid viewing. I was HARDCORE about my son NOT playing M rated games until he was 16 and then we started to relax and allowed a few non 1st person shooter games into his life but once he turned 17 it was all COD and GTA and gunfire blasting from his bedroom or the basement if he had friends over. 

In that tiny house I'm also pretty sure she doesn't want to watch him play video games while she sits next to him, BORING. 

12 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

As the mom of a gamer, I'm with Jessa put the damn video games away.  I'm pretty sure the games he'd be playing are NOT for toddler/preschool/elementary school/middle school aged kid viewing. I was HARDCORE about my son NOT playing M rated games until he was 16 and then we started to relax and allowed a few non 1st person shooter games into his life but once he turned 17 it was all COD and GTA and gunfire blasting from his bedroom or the basement if he had friends over. 

In that tiny house I'm also pretty sure she doesn't want to watch him play video games while she sits next to him, BORING. 

I HIGHLY doubt that Ben, Mr. Give Myself Cold Showers As Punishment For Thinking About My Fiance Sexually, is playing anything like M-rated games. And Jessa seems to make time for her own hobbies (ex. watching TV on her laptop). I just think fundies are often pushed into adult life too young; like anyone else, they deserve some time for themselves. My fiance plays video games occasionally, and I find something productive to do with myself when he does. Similarly, when I play RollerCoaster Tycoon or Flight Rising, he finds something productive to do. If Jesse is bored by Ben's video games, I'm sure she can use her imagination and find some activity to fill that short block of time. Clearly, excessive gaming is not a good thing. But having activities to relieve stress is important, and occasional mind-numbing entertainment is crucial for most people.

8 hours ago, Nargus said:

We couldn’t have a trampoline because our yard wasn’t fenced and he didn’t want to be liable if some dumbass from down the street decided to jump on it and break their neck. 

ooh--ooh--That was me!  I was the dumbass who jumped on my neighbor's trampoline and broke my ankle!  We didn't sue or even blame them--it was all on me.  But dang it, that ankle still give me problems almost 4 decades later.  :|

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived