IGNORED

Counting on Season 4- Part 4: Duggar Time or Watching Paint Dry

samurai_sarah

On 3/3/2018 at 12:28 PM, Cheetah said:

So... what do y'all think will be the big news drop/ teaser on Monday to get people to tune in?

a) Jessa is pregnant

b ) Josiah got engaged

c) someone else is courting

d) nothing new this week

And the answer is.... B!!! Josiah is engaged.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

And the answer is.... B!!! Josiah is engaged.

So... a) next week and c) the week after?   I'm not entirely joking...  or maybe next week we get Jinger's baby's sex reveal, and then everything else pushed back another week or two.   Actually, yeah, I'm going to go ahead and predict that next Monday we find out the sex of baby Vuolo. 

So, it appears (yet again) that I will be occupied during the regularly scheduled Counting Bullshit airing.  To make up for that I'm posting the recap in its entirety below.  I will put it behind a spoiler tag because I know you want to be surprised by the exciting shit that will suck an hour out of your life tonight.

Spoiler

Episode 3 – Spurgeon’s first haircut - Part 1

There is a full 2 minutes reminding us of shit that we saw last week and what we will see tonight.  WOW

The show opens at JinJer’s house.  They kiss and we see black and white pics on the wall.  Kind of a strange assortment.

5a9d8dbaa0174_picsonwall.thumb.jpg.f8a4032ff5c26d8cd9ef83a387d71e33.jpg

Jeremy tells us that the apartment was a "special" time and place but they're glad to be in a bigger space.  JinJer discuss how they are going to move all of his books and shelves to the new house.    They say they should have invited the J'kids.  

Jeremy discusses how he spends all of his time there because its a "motley crue" of bookshelves right now.

Jinger is excited that she wont stub her toes on his chairs.

Flashback to Jessa putting his books in the closet because they didnt match and his house was small.

Ben TH - relegating the books to the closet was probably one of the hardest things he's ever done as a bachelor.

Jiinger TH - It was very sad, actually.  It was terrible.

Ben TH - I've had to relegate things to the closet, my video game console.  Everything in moderation...

Back to JinJer.  They try to move the bookcases to the garage.  Jinger is barefoot and the thing is taller than the doorframe.  Rufus does not appear to be pleased (he's now in the office).  JInger's fingers are under the bookcase.

Jeremy explains it made it into the office because his friend has a moving company (SO WHY THEY FUCK DIDNT YOU ASK HIM FOR HELP AGAIN).  They continue the saga of the bookcase, sliding it into the bedroom, on the bed, flipping it on the bed.  

Joy/Austin TH - you have to have an open mind because everyone has their own ideas.

Kendra/Joe - We did the dishes once MANIACAL GIGGLING

Benessa - we did the lighting in the bedroom.  That was a big project.  I dont know how much I actually did, I cheered yo u(ben) on.

Back to the bookcase.  They crash into the wall.

Producer to JinJer: What have you learned since you've been married?

Jeremy - she's the boss

Jinger - we both naturally get along, we arent upset by too much.

Jeremy - there have been disagreements but I have learned that if she disagrees I'm wrong.

Back to the bookcase - JInger wants to sell it online "as seen on tv."

They scratch the walls.  Jinger says "this is no bueno." Jeremy says "Its jacking up the wall."

They give up and "renaldo" will fix it.  He is a painter and a woodworker and he will bring materials to the house to assemble and put it together.

Benessa's house

Ben wants Jessa to cut his hair.  She has resolved to cut spurge's haircut too.  She thinks she'll cry if she cuts off all his curls. 

Jessa - Spurge is 1 1/2.  I have put it off for a long time.  YOu have so much sentiment over the first haircut but everyone thinks he's a girl.  Ben says we have to cut his hair.

Jessa goes to town cutting Ben's hair (and face)

buzzsaw.thumb.jpg.698c423ba7dc51ac9daf2050a3827e69.jpg

She jokes its not a beard trimmer, moves on to his mustache.

Jana th - jessa pulls out the hair stuff and all the boys line up...

Jessa - mom taught me how to do it and now i know how to use scissors and fade.

J'kids TH - flashbacks to pics of michelle cutting their hair, not having a lot of hair, crazy hair etc.  Joy didnt get her hair cut until she was 12 because it wasnt growing... so Michelle cut it so it would start growing... um...

Joe - michelle nicked josiah cutting his hair.

Jessa finishes Ben - there is hair all over the kitchen floor.  Now its spurge's turn.  She pulls him out of the crib. He doesnt have a shirt on.  Ben puts him on his lap and lets him watch a cartoon on an iphone (WHAT THE FUCK TEEVEE???) and Jessa cuts his hair.  

Jessa TH - I dont want to make a big deal out of it so he doesnt try to do it himself.  I'm going to sneak and do it.

Spurge watches the cartoon and Jessa snips away at his face.  She doesnt cut too much because she loves his curls.  Henry has now appeared in a rock n play.  Spurge hams it up for his "after" pic. Jessa selects a ringlet.

Henry does not appear to be belted into the rock n play... 

Part 2

Spoiler

Part 2

JInJer's house.  The carpenter's arrive to install the bookshelves.  Jeremy greats them in spanish.  

Jeremy uses an app to ask how he can help in spanish.  Dude, You cant help.  Stay the fuck out of the way, that will be the most help.  

JInger - its challenging to speak spanish when its more detailed. Its definitely different ordering food or havinv a small conversation, giving specific details, thats when you realize you dont speak spanish. Jeremy tries to say "nails on a chalkboard".... lost in translation.  Renaldo gets a bookcase to fit perfectly by a window.  Jeremy is impressed.

They go into the bedroom and look a tthe drama bookcase.  Jinger explains what happened with the bookshelf and how it got stuck in the bedroom.  They spent a half hour moving it... renaldo slides that MF no prob. JInger looks shocked. Now its in the garage (with the washer/dryer).  There is also a ping pong table.  

Outside Renaldo builds shelves.  Jeremy is amazed at how efficient they are.  He tries to help and is proud that he did something.  He used a drill to screw ONE screw.  Yay.  Jeremy is very proud that his dream is coming together.

Jeremy uses the app to ask about his future in carpentry.  Renaldo nicely tells him to fuck off.  Jeremy jokes he should come back at 5 am.

TTH

Jessa commands the boys to load up.  They're heading to buy clothes for Joe's wedding "accessories."  Joken walk in holding hands.  Jessa takes charge and says they're there to buy ties, belts, and socks.

Kendra explains that Jessa is there because she also did Joy's.  Its a massive job.. and Jessa was hoping she'd ask.  Kendra tries a blue suit on Joe, then asks Jessa for approval.  They lay out belts, socks, and ties and find what they like.

Joe reminds us that they've been through the wedding planning stage but you dont undertand it until you're in it.

Kendra is the oldest so its overwhelming.  "its very crazy and very stressful."

Next up... ties and bowties.

YAY.... now we have flashbacks to all the J'married's wedding party pics.

The duggar boys wander around the store trying on baseball hats, sitting on tables, and looking bored.  Yay.  The boys found a couch and are watching teevee (thats blurred out) and eating candy.  Then they fall asleep.... or play pool... riveting television.

Jessa declares it a success. Kendra giggles.

Joe is excited because the wedding is getting closer.

Part 3

Spoiler

Joy/Austin's "house"

They are making dinner - green beans and potatoes and what looks like chicken.  Joy complains that there are ants.  They've been married a month but this is the first dinner that they've made themselves.  They have shit stored in the microwave (that doesnt work)

Joy - living in the RV is fun.

Austin - Its quaint.

Joy - being with austin in the tight quarters is ok, but when the sewage is full you have to dump that... living on love...

Austin throws a bag out the front door of the RV.

Joy pours salad out of a bag.  They're going to eat a "special" first dinner in the house.  THey light candles and eat dinner.  Its broad daylight... 

dinner.thumb.jpg.7e0efbd018c695e8cc02114fbea29786.jpg

They talk about where things will be in the house.

Married J'kids talk about being alone for the first time and what they do for date night.

Joy talks about how she makes too much food for just 2 people.  Proportion sizes has been hard for her.  She complains how long it takes to cook for "just a little amount."  Um, he grilled the chicken and the potatoes didnt look complicated....

They leave the house, austin complains its hot.  It still doesnt look like its late in the day.

JinJer's house

Renaldo is back at work.  Jinger is amazed at how beautiful the bookcases are.  Jeremy is having inappropriate thoughts about his bookcases.  The crown moulding may put him over the edge.

Jinger - jeremy and his books.... the books have a special place in his heart, his heart is overflowing with joy.  I cant wait to put the books on there.

They thanks Renaldo and Thomas.  The shelves are really nice (the room actually looks REALLY dark).

They move the books in. Jeremy says he feels like a kid in christmas, a dream come true.  He's excited that the books have a home where they can live.

Part 4

Spoiler

Part 4

Benessa's house

Ben marvels at multi water balloon system.  They're going to have a water fun day with the kids.  They have guns, bubbles, and a slip n slide.

Spurge is sitting eating blueberries and whines.  Henry bounces in a bouncer.  Ben is frying a plantain.  He also bought lychees.  Ben calls it a "liechee" because a "lee chee" is funny.  Jessa discusses how they "squirt."

J'kids are asked what a lychee is - Joe knows. Jana thinks its a pear.

Jessa likes them.  Ben asks if Lychees are on her diet.  Jessa explains that Henry had cradle cap, but its really excema.  He has bad flare ups.  She thinks it may be what she's eating to try and make it better.  No gluten, dairy, corn, nuts... 

henryhead.thumb.jpg.feef5750ad12a7153f74e9af02d7eb5c.jpg

Jessa, take that poor baby to a dr.  Poor thing cant be comfortable.  Randomly eliminating shit from your diet and your baby continue to suffer sucks.  DOCTOR and probably FORMULA.

They eat plantains.  She asks to try one.  Ben asks if its on her diet.  She says she looked it up.  Henry gnaws on his gloved hand.  They talk about going to the slip n slide.

Jessa explains they have a "tradition" of slip n slide.  Flashbacks to J'kids playing inthe front lawn, including digging a hole at the end and filling it with water... 

They arrive at the TTH.  The kids were excited.  Boob wanders aimlessly saying "this is going to be fun."  Ben opens a new water table.  They drag inflatables out to the front lawn.  

Flashback to duggars playing in water in 2010, 2011...

Ben blows up water balloons.  He's very excited because he never had stuff like this when he was little. He puts on goggles, wants Jessa, and starts bombarding the J'kids who were playing in the pool.  Is that an Anna sighting?

anna.thumb.jpg.164600d08ea913a9a04706bcc86bda6f.jpg

Small children cry

Jana - ben had the most fun, going from one thing to another.  

Ben pelts the front window.

Kendra - I love water activities and I came in my clothes ready to get wet.  

Joken go down a tube together.  She screeches.  At the bottom they wipe out.

Special Princess miracle josie tells us that she had a lot of fun

Wow.  We just spent an hour moving a bookcase, moving books, being amazed at a skilled craftsman doing his job, cooking dinner, buying ties, and playing with water.  I'm pretty sure my commute to work this morning was more interesting.

Next week - JinJer's friends are coming, so of course we'll talk about babeez.

Kendra tries on an ugly dress

Joe goes to Kentucky to buy a birthday cake for kendra.

Also, just because I took the screenshot, here is the "after" pic of the "office"

after.thumb.png.6c92016a16abdadbb2a598689074650c.png

He has a lot of scissors for someone who doesnt really have a lot of paper.  Is he cutting out words from magazines and sending weird notes? 

santa.jpg.ec004c4c0a23c330d2e500bf431d3acc.jpg

Really BEC, but I call bullshit on Joy's hair not being cut until she was 12. Homegirl had bangs. That counts. 

Every time Jeremy references the books being like his babies, or his glee at having shelves, I want to be like "yeah! he's a well-read book guy" Then I remember.

9 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Every time Jeremy references the books being like his babies, or his glee at having shelves, I want to be like "yeah! he's a well-read book guy" Then I remember.

Every time he cooed about his books all I can think of is what it will be like when there is an army of little vuolos ripping them off their shelves and chewing on the corners.

@Buzzard Too much text to snip but you said "Ben calls it a "liechee" because a "lee chee" is funny."

We say Lie Chee here! Saying Lee Chee sounds funny to me!! 

well I just watched a clip about what the duggar boys do. the middle boys mow lawns for JIm BoB then they work up to helping flip houses then the car lot then real estate. they hit a bit on Jason's new house. oh and JIm Bob has his own Little worker bee who he snagged from Big Sandy one year and he just hasn't seemed to went home. his name is Elijah and he met on Jana and John David's mission trip. I think he might even still be at the Duggar's  since he was at Josh's birthday party. interesting that he was wearing a shirt that said Staff on the back. (The Duggar boys had no such shirt)  oh and he weirdly call JIm Bob uncle JIm Bob. 

and poor Jana seemed like she was going to cry talking about the howlers growing up. poor woman watching her babies leave. 

25 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

well I just watched a clip about what the duggar boys do. the middle boys mow lawns for JIm BoB then they work up to helping flip houses then the car lot then real estate. they hit a bit on Jason's new house. oh and JIm Bob has his own Little worker bee who he snagged from Big Sandy one year and he just hasn't seemed to went home. his name is Elijah and he met on Jana and John David's mission trip. I think he might even still be at the Duggar's  since he was at Josh's birthday party. interesting that he was wearing a shirt that said Staff on the back. (The Duggar boys had no such shirt)  oh and he weirdly call JIm Bob uncle JIm Bob. 

and poor Jana seemed like she was going to cry talking about the howlers growing up. poor woman watching her babies leave. 

Where did you see this clip??

Just now, VBOY9977 said:

Where did you see this clip??

it's on TLC website it's titled the duggar boys go to work. if you go to the counting on site and then go down to the trending Video's you should find it. 

Yeah it's weird how on CO and instagram Jeremy tries to put on this bibliophile intellectual persona when he's also a nincompoop who believes the Jews aren't real.

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/counting-on/videos/the-duggar-boys-go-to-work

It talks about what Jed/Jer through Justin do for work, but nothing about what Joe (and soon, Josiah) do to support their growing broods. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Jason has someone in mind that he wants to marry. I wonder how he managed to buy a house, but Joe and Josiah haven't accomplished that. Josiah made it sound like he paid for it on his own (although that doesn't really mean anything. These people love to bend the truth/leave out important details).

All of Jeremy's books are theology books - at least it appears that way. I have never seen him reading, or in possession of, a single solitary volume that isn't a work of theology, apologetics, or sermons.

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Every time he cooed about his books all I can think of is what it will be like when there is an army of little vuolos ripping them off their shelves and chewing on the corners.

exactly - my mom has dozens of pictures me reaching into the bookshelfs for books

makes me happy for jeremy to experience this and thank you Buzzard for doing the recap before :)

I feel like having a baby will be good for his ego. Nothing like a tiny tyrant destroying everything you hold dear and not finding anything you do funny to humble you a bit. 

(... I don’t speak from experience or anything... :pb_lol:)

Either that or he’ll be like Derick, just better spoken. So when he says stuff about his baby being manipulative and having a sinful nature, it’ll sound all intellectual instead of just plain assholey. 

Not sure if I want to see how he would deal if that happened. But I'm sure his office will be off limits to the little one/s. 

7 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Not sure if I want to see how he would deal if that happened. But I'm sure his office will be off limits to the little one/s. 

I have a 1 year old.  There is no such thing as "off limits."  I have been unable to pee, shower, or check my email without tiny eyes watching (and interfering) since he became mobile.  Closed door sometime arent closed, and then havoc ensues.  We call him "baby destructo."

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I have a 1 year old.  There is no such thing as "off limits."  I have been unable to pee, shower, or check my email without tiny eyes watching (and interfering) since he became mobile.  Closed door sometime arent closed, and then havoc ensues.  We call him "baby destructo."

I'm sure if one book even so much as gets harmed that blanket training will come out in full force. yikes poor baby vuolo

Off limits, even for a one-year-old, can be enforced.

I had a powder room that I kept locked at all times to keep GryffDis out. No problems whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Off limits, even for a one-year-old, can be enforced.

I had a powder room that I kept locked at all times to keep GryffDis out. No problems whatsoever.

Generally, yes, until a guest comes over and leaves the door open.  Baby Destructo has a homing device for open doors to "off limits" places.

Just a reminder for those tuning in for the "counting on" recap, its posted above.  The real world has called and "I have to post bullshit on the internet" is apparently not a good excuse.

1 hour ago, llg1234 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Jason has someone in mind that he wants to marry. I wonder how he managed to buy a house, but Joe and Josiah haven't accomplished that. Josiah made it sound like he paid for it on his own (although that doesn't really mean anything. These people love to bend the truth/leave out important details).

This.  I thought it weird that Jason had a house, at 16, before his four older brothers did, one of which is a real estate agent (Joe).  I figured it was because he was sweet on someone.  His 18th birthday post next month will be pretty telling.  The twins had a driveby birthday post from Boobchelle on their 18th birthday, probably because they're not all that interested in starting families, but I think Jason's will highlight what an 'adult' he's become.  I think he will be the next to court, once his intended is also 18.  The renovated house will just 'prove' that he's 'adult' enough to be a husband and father.  

Jason 'paid for it on his own'?  How does a minor 'pay for anything on his own' when his dad legally has to be a co-owner?  Because all Duggarlings just have 33K laying around in a savings account, right?

21 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Generally, yes, until a guest comes over and leaves the door open.  Baby Destructo has a homing device for open doors to "off limits" places.

Just a reminder for those tuning in for the "counting on" recap, its posted above.  The real world has called and "I have to post bullshit on the internet" is apparently not a good excuse.

My son had a secret black sharpie when he was a toddler, and it only came out when mommy was at work and daddy was in charge- the walls, fire place, dining room chairs. Yep, check, check and check.

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

My son had a secret black sharpie when he was a toddler, and it only came out when mommy was at work and daddy was in charge- the walls, fire place, dining room chairs. Yep, check, check and check.

hmm sounds like Daddy wasn't doing a very good job being in charge. :56247958035f1_32(18):

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived