IGNORED

Dillards 45: The Grift Goes On

Coconut Flan

Everyone's saying he can't impregnate her when he's away on these missions, but let's be real, the missions are probably like a week long, two weeks tops. Of course, we don't know, because he won't share that information with the people whose money he's begging for.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, acheronbeach said:

He publicly thanks his wife's incestuous sexual assaulter for "donating."  

For 50 bucks worth of the filthy lucre Derick can forgive it all.

20 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Everyone's saying he can't impregnate her when he's away on these missions, but let's be real, the missions are probably like a week long, two weeks tops. Of course, we don't know, because he won't share that information with the people whose money he's begging for.

I have a feeling that Derick's "mission work" will end up looking a lot like DPIAT during the height of his "Gallivanting for Christ" days.  Random vacations and MANLY EXPEDITIONS for Jesus.  

4 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

The personal video is a terrible quality - for a $50 donation he should put some effort into it.

As well, the photo on his fundraiser page is really bad.  Even if I didn't know his backstory, I would not donate to him 'cause the whole thing just looks cheesy - I would doubt his authenticity as a legitmate anything, let along someone I would give cash to so he could galivant off somewhere.

The whole thing is like, Jill Rodriguez level low quality and cheesy.

Derick and effort just don't go together all that well, if at all. 

@Rachel333

That video is gold! 

I don't remember who mentioned the "room and board" from the Cross church site, but we paid approximately $11,000 for my daughter's room and board at a public, four year, ACCREDITED university. That did not include tuition (which was almost $11,000).  The only class she had once a week was her chemistry lab (2 1/2hrs).  The others met 2-3 times a week, 15 credit hours. You know, real school. 

Also, I went to go fund me to look for Derrick's page, and instantly saw 3 things I would rather fund: 

1. Funeral fund

2. School girls raising money for a science club and competition

3. New high school marching band uniforms. 

4 hours ago, Yuza Grifter said:

They have never filed for a 503(c) and never qualified as a religious entity. 

No.  They did register as a 501(c)3 as Dillard Family Ministries.  

https://www.guidestar.org/profile/47-4302759.  I'm not sure if you have to be logged in to see it.

However, they have never filed an IRS Form 990-N as required.  Either because they are completely useless, inefficient, and Derick is a bad accountant.  Or because they never reached the lowest threshold of money grifted to make it necessary.  Anyone's guess, really.

This is such a mess. Derick has no one to blame but himself. Now is mother is involved fighting his battles. There's so much wrong with it all. 

So I am very familiar with missions, especially college missions and fundraising. In fact, once upon a time, I was on the track to being a missionary myself. (And I have a close family member who is currently a full-time missionary). Derick is doing this allllllll wrong. Which he should know, because I do think that he raised funds to go to Nepal. He was "salaried" (in his words) but I do think he probably had to raise the money. That is where JB comes in. Missionaries raise up both prayer and financial partners. This is sort of like JRod, although their style is very specific to the IFB world (deputation). So yeah, he probably contacted JB because the Duggars are 1.Christian and 2. Rich. And so it goes...

And yes, there are missionaries out there who raise salaries. We (my family) knows missionaries personally who raise $150,000+ per year to live comfortable lives reaching the lost. While this isn't my philosophy AT ALL, it is common today. We don't support them, in case you were curious.

As for my family member, that person does raise support, but the person receives the entire amount (nothing goes to overhead for the organization the person serves with). The person also lives on a tight budget because the person finds the amount to raise ridiculous. The person also doesn't have, you know, infants to support. Or a television show that (should have) padded a nice savings account.

So the moral is the Dillards need to start being super transparent if they want to save this sinking ship. Because even as someone who is very familiar with this sort of thing, I find the GFM tacky. And not how this is done. They need to contact people individually OR start giving fans (and non-fans) all the information.

what kind of ludicrous program requires you to be a resident and yet only has ONE class a week and cost $10,000?? How on EARTH does that make sense? 

Jill and Dereck need to realize just how badly they've blown it. Every bridge they've crossed, they've burned. Got fired from Walmart for god knows what. Got fired from SOS for over exaggerating the dangerous conditions in CA and refusing to learn Spanish (Not that the conditions aren't dangerous there, but they were two rich white folk living in a gated and guarded living facility). They made no attempt to hide the fact that they took "donations" for their ministry to go on vacations. Dereck gotten himself fired from TLC for bullying another reality show star (he IS entitled to his opinions, but he should have known better to go after someone TLC supports when he relies on TLC or a paycheck. talk about biting the hand that feeds you!) Now the begging for money bc he's such a special snowflake he doesn't want to get a job. 

Seriously,  they need to stop trying to be relevant and popular bc it CLEARLY is backfiring.

Oh, P.S.

Do we know that Derick was fired from Wal-Mart and SOS? I thought he resigned from Wal-Mart to do SOS and then we never necessarily got details about what went down for SOS. And it would seem like he was fired from TLC....

33 minutes ago, meowfundiecatz said:

Oh, P.S.

Do we know that Derick was fired from Wal-Mart and SOS? I thought he resigned from Wal-Mart to do SOS and then we never necessarily got details about what went down for SOS. And it would seem like he was fired from TLC....

No.  We don't know for sure about any of the above.  

Supposedly Derick quit Wal-mart voluntarily.  All else is speculation because Wal-Mart isn't talking.

It was rumored that SOS let the Dillards go.  The rumors sounded plausible but SOS isn't talking either.

As for TLC, Derick is "has not been featured since August."  And presumably will not be featured in the future unless the shit storm he caused dies down.  TLC did not say he had been fired and may well pay out his (and Jill's who may continue to be featured) contracts.  Or they may just choose not to renew Derick's contract.  Or Derick chose not to renew his contract.

I wish I thought TLC HAD fired Derick for his hate speech and bullying of a child - but TLC apparently has no morals and no gonads.

8 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

As for TLC, Derick is "has not been featured since August."  

Is this why we have been seeing wedding photos with Derick Di*khead cut out or excluded from "bro-in-law" photos with Jeremy???

38 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

what kind of ludicrous program requires you to be a resident and yet only has ONE class a week and cost $10,000?? How on EARTH does that make sense? 

Right?  I've taken a few certificate courses with my local (and well regarded) state university, and they range between $3K to $5K for 8-9 months of work.  And those certificates have VALUE in their fields, being from an accredited institution that is actually known for it's robust and rigorous Professional and Continuing Ed department.  

But I will say that 1 (extra long) class a week is very common for PCE certificate courses.  Why?  Oh, because THEY EXPECT YOU TO BE WORKING A FULL TIME JOB AND WANT TO ACCOMMODATE THAT, so most of your work for the course is done on your own so as to be more flexible.  

Seriously, Derick.  I've worked 40+ hour weeks at a Fortune 500 company WHILE attending a class that required 1 meeting a week plus ~10 hours of classwork.  It sucked.  It was hard.  But it is definitely doable.  And I'm just a weak woman type.  CERTAINLY as a patriarch you can do that and MORE.  

4 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I have visited the David Livingstone museum a lot, I live in his birth town so it is near me. He was a real missionary working in the Mills by day from the age of 10 supporting his family. Going to night school to train as a doctor and he saved up for his missions himself. He managed it in Victorian times, when it was so much harder. 

Livingstone also took his wife on his missions! He said she was 'like an Irish manufactury' because she was constantly popping out babies, the awful needy fecund woman. One of their children died out there and had to be buried in the wilderness while they got back to business. Eventually he sent her and the kids to Britain so he could mission in peace, and everyone was a lot happier.

...I dunno, I kind of see a Dillard model there.

(I am tongue in cheek, of course. But I have always been horrified by Livingstone's crappiness as a family man.)

4 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:
4 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I have visited the David Livingstone museum a lot, I live in his birth town so it is near me. He was a real missionary working in the Mills by day from the age of 10 supporting his family. Going to night school to train as a doctor and he saved up for his missions himself. He managed it in Victorian times, when it was so much harder. 

Livingstone also took his wife on his missions! He said she was 'like an Irish manufactury' because she was constantly popping out babies, the awful needy fecund woman. One of their children died out there and had to be buried in the wilderness while they got back to business. Eventually he sent her and the kids to Britain so he could mission in peace, and everyone was a lot happier.

(I am tongue in cheek, of course. But I have always been horrified by Livingstone's crappiness as a family man.)

Yup.  I'm sure the museum makes Livingstone out to be marvelous but he really wasn't all that and a bag of chips.  He did put himself through medical school.

However, if the measure of being a good missionary is converting people - he failed.  He had one (possible) convert.  If that.

If the measure of being a good missionary is improving conditions in his host countries - he failed.  In fact he ended up being cared for by the locals and very pally, in a bad way, with African slave traders.

He was a rotten and selfish husband and father.  He was primarily an explorer - and a cultural imperialist.

My medical missionary family has a rather weird Livingstone connection.  And we don't like him very much!

4 hours ago, Yuza Grifter said:

I just cannot bring myself to donate $50.  I donated $5 to make everyone, including myself, laugh.  But I would love to hear him say "Thank you Ima Grifter...Thank you sister for..."

I’ll contribute to a gofundme to get you to $50. 

I know it's hilarious to see funny names on the list of donors, but please stop giving Derick money. And definitely don't donate $50! He's using this money to harass people and spread hate. It's not worth the lolz!

49 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I’ll bet the Duggar Studios boys thought the quality of Derick’s thank-you video was terrible.

Could they do any better? 

13 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I know it's hilarious to see funny names on the list of donors, but please stop giving Derick money. And definitely don't donate $50! He's using this money to harass people and spread hate. It's not worth the lolz!

I'm with you on that. Personally, I wouldn't give Derick the satisfaction. 

14 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

This x 1,000.  And do not expect me to praise you for clever names just for the yucks.

Please do not encourage hate speech and Derick. 

Thank you.  

1 hour ago, AprilQuilt said:

He wasn't the best dad but most men were like that then, Derick is living now and is worse in his treatment of Jill and the kids. 

13 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Does it ever dawn on her how pathetic it looks for a nearly 30-year-old man to have mommy come defend him?

They follow the King James version of the Bible and it says
And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

So, time to let go of mommy's apron strings and deal with his wife

however, I don't think the bible says anything about how to deal with your in laws......

Fair point, @Glasgowghirl. Actually I was watching some Christian homeschool family vlog recently. The wife went away for a night (!!) leaving her husband in charge of their kids (!!!) and he spent the time tidying up and doing chores to make it nice for her to come home to. OK, so he posted the whole thing on YouTube, but I've never seen any Duggar-clan husband empathise with his wife in that way and express such sincere desire to make things nice for her. Not on that intimate, real, day-to-day level. Not to say they don't ever do it (I imagine Joe could), but they don't present it as something to strive for, and I can't imagine Derick doing such a thing. Basically, you're right, it's not like Derick is short of better husband-examples than David Livingstone.

Isn't this Cross Church program the first formal schooling in ministry that Dwreck has had?  I don't understand how any idiot can claim to be a missionary, and collect tax-free $$s for that supposed purpose, without some sort of legit credentials.  Am I missing something here?

5 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I was watching one of the other Youtube videos after I watched the one posted above and saw this.

dWreck needs to see this and maybe learn a thing or two.

That handsome blue haired gent is defrauding me with his tattooed arms and his sexy voice. I think the sight of the blue hair and that woman's outfit and stretched earlobes would be enough to terrify Dilldick into the prayer closet indefinitely.

I wish he'd shut up and listen to somebody's story thst isn't a testimony about finding Jesus. This goes for any of these fundies. If they could just listen and learn without some soul saving agenda, and use whatever missionary work they're doing to actually improve people's lives.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived