IGNORED

Dillards 45: The Grift Goes On

Coconut Flan

17 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

You little Jingers are little Devils! Yuza Grifter and company:  love it!  You added at least $5 in humor to my day!

Why thank you!  I laughed so hard when I was doing it!  Removing links and names from your name once posted on the internet can be difficult.  I wanted "Yuza Grifter" to be synonymous with Derick Dillard forever.  Plus it's funny.  When you Google "Yuza Grifter" almost all of the images are of Dillard.  It's even getting written about on all the online rags.  I'm just concerned that the negative attention is attention....which means money.

As for the shared bathrooms... I recently completed my MA in Econ at un-named university.  We had shared private toilets. It was just nicer to have privacy, then either sex could use it.  I thought it was awesome.

I am going to advocate that Dillard get a PT job as a school bus driver in Fayetteville!  It would allow him the time and the income to "praise the Lord" FT.  I've got no issues with his driving skills.

17 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I don't know what you're talking about. :my_rolleyes:

Google it!!! :)

19 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I think that's a great point. If you want to worry about people getting away with crimes it's white men, especially rich white men, who you need to look at.

It's called cultural (or colonial) imperialism.  Dillard beats up on anyone he perceives as weaker or not exactly like him.  I never met a trans person I didn't like.  

15 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

He must really think a lot of himself if he believes personal messages from him are a privilege worth paying for.

"Brother Patrick, thank you Brother.  Your donation means a lot to me Brother"....you're going to help me continue being a grifter for at least 8 more days as that's how long your money will last for me at Starbucks.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Also, the video thanking Josh and Anna doesn't help him at all; "look guys! A sexual predator/cheating asshole/my wife's rapist and his wife who has no choice but to stay with him gave me money!"

God this really drives home how deeply fucked up this family is.

Also, if Derick inherited Cathy's weak critical thinking skills, I can see how he fits right in with the Duggars. She never actually addressed the person who asked why Derick couldn't save up enough money on his own, just kept talking about how her church supports missionary work.

And I love her "You don't know the FACTS!" responses. Well, why don't you provide them? If people were trashing my brother on social media with incorrect information, I'd correct it as thoroughly as I could with links and citations.

The personal video is a terrible quality - for a $50 donation he should put some effort into it.

As well, the photo on his fundraiser page is really bad.  Even if I didn't know his backstory, I would not donate to him 'cause the whole thing just looks cheesy - I would doubt his authenticity as a legitmate anything, let along someone I would give cash to so he could galivant off somewhere.

The whole thing is like, Jill Rodriguez level low quality and cheesy.

The Dillards have been soliciting donations to the "ministry" on their family website for YEARS, although they recently took this down.  And I'm not talking about the SOS Ministries.  You could literally go on their family website, put your credit card in and have them take a specified amount out of your checking account every month.  That got me thinking.... have the Dillards registered with the state of Arkansas or the IRS as either a non-profit or religious institution to be getting a tax free status??  Did some research, and the answer to that is NO.  I searched every available database.  They have never filed for a 503(c) and never qualified as a religious entity.  Yet, Dillard has claimed to work for "The Dillard Family Association".  (It's generally pretty easy to track peoples' work history online.)

First, their easiest bet was to get a 503(c) to be a charitable organization, but it would have been difficult to call your living expenses what is necessary to maintain a non-profit.  Also, becoming a religious entity is more difficult.  i get it...people want to help Dillard "Praise the Lord" full time so he never has to get a job.  But why should they NEVER have to pay taxes???  How and why should he be able to get away with this?

Plus, we all remember the "Pure Charity" debacle where he proclaimed to be a non-profit and wasn't.  Then he had to give back the money and was banned from the site.

I turned him into the IRS.  He maybe cannot navigate the forms necessary to do these things, but I certainly can.

6 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Is this the tweet of Cathy’s that is referred upthread? Also, looking at Cathy’s twitter bio, i’m Older than her! 

B8FB1DAA-46C0-41DD-8AE7-83FAEE83642A.png

Then Mama Bear can give him the money to go play!

And how much money can DWreck ever earn as a “minister” after he has completed this year of “schooling”. What position can he work in? I do not understand this at all. 

I think that we can put Derick Dillard in the dictionary under the word: manchild. Holy shit! He has never once defended himself, he sends his Mommy out to do that. What a moron! 

Josh and Anna probably gave him money because Derick is making them look sane! 

They should really realize that it just looks bad for a grown man to have his mom defending him like that. It reminds me of the stories I've read about people bringing their mom to job interviews.

39 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Hey, no fair.   At least she provides us with some entertainment whilst grifting!

:TrainWreckMotion:

19 hours ago, SuchABlessing said:

Poor Jill is promoting derecks fundraiser on Instagram and the comments are brutal. I hope they take the hint. There's even a trending hashtag #getajobdereck

I wonder if anyone has reported his fundraiser to gofundme for fraud since we know he uses the proceeds of any donation to go on vacations and not work?

He violates #7 of GFM's guidelines.  I have already turned him in.  Would you do it as well?  I can get you the link.  I turned him into the IRS.

I have visited the David Livingstone museum a lot, I live in his birth town so it is near me. He was a real missionary working in the Mills by day from the age of 10 supporting his family. Going to night school to train as a doctor and he saved up for his missions himself. He managed it in Victorian times, when it was so much harder. 

Derick wants all the credit of being a missionary without offering any real skill or effort to help those in need. People from Africa when they find out I live in Blantyre will say oh David Livingstone is from  there because he was a Doctor and anti slave trade campaigner first and a missionary second. He spread the word about Christianity but respected African customs as well. Derick only cares about those who follow his brand of Christianity and no one from Nepal or Central America will remember him in five minutes nevermind in 200 years. 

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Then Mama Bear can give him the money to go play!

"that's how missions is done".  Can someone help her pay for a grammar course?  I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Let her pay for his international trips to the Greek Islands or to Paris. 

32 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I have visited the David Livingstone museum a lot, I live in his birth town so it is near me. He was a real missionary working in the Mills by day from the age of 10 supporting his family. Going to night school to train as a doctor and he saved up for his missions himself. He managed it in Victorian times, when it was so much harder. 

Derick wants all the credit of being a missionary without offering any real skill or effort to help those in need. People from Africa when they find out I live in Blantyre will say oh David Livingstone is from  there because he was a Doctor and anti slave trade campaigner first and a missionary second. He spread the word about Christianity but respected African customs as well. Derick only cares about those who follow his brand of Christianity and no one from Nepal or Central America will remember him in five minutes nevermind in 200 years. 

The people in the regions KNOW that Americans come from more money.  They know how much sunglasses cost.  I would be so offended if Larry Page or Mark Zuckerburg came to paint my house.  I'd let them, but, deep down, I'd know that they were just trying to make themselves feel better about themselves.

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

And how much money can DWreck ever earn as a “minister” after he has completed this year of “schooling”. What position can he work in? I do not understand this at all. 

He will work at GoFundMe.com.  I would gain so much respect for Dillard if he became a part time school bus driver.  They are so desperately needed in Fayetteville.  He probably doesn't want to be surrounded by those non-believer, secular kids, though.

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 8.49.27 PM.png

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

God this really drives home how deeply fucked up this family is.

Also, if Derick inherited Cathy's weak critical thinking skills, I can see how he fits right in with the Duggars. She never actually addressed the person who asked why Derick couldn't save up enough money on his own, just kept talking about how her church supports missionary work.

And I love her "You don't know the FACTS!" responses. Well, why don't you provide them? If people were trashing my brother on social media with incorrect information, I'd correct it as thoroughly as I could with links and citations.

The problem, though, is that they attempt to correct it with a Bible passage, probably because they are not articulate enough to formulate an argument.  They can't even use a Bible passage to formulate an argument.  Has anybody ever her Derick say "Well...according to Psalms, blah blah, it says that you shouldn't do XYZ, and that's why I believe what I am saying."  He just cannot put the two together.

1 hour ago, SamiKatz said:

The personal video is a terrible quality - for a $50 donation he should put some effort into it.

As well, the photo on his fundraiser page is really bad.  Even if I didn't know his backstory, I would not donate to him 'cause the whole thing just looks cheesy - I would doubt his authenticity as a legitmate anything, let along someone I would give cash to so he could galivant off somewhere.

I just cannot bring myself to donate $50.  I donated $5 to make everyone, including myself, laugh.  But I would love to hear him say "Thank you Ima Grifter...Thank you sister for..."

Cathy better watch it with telling people that they don't know all the facts or don't know the details. 

Because it is starting to sound like they are hiding something.  And it's starting to sound like a mom who is desperately trying to protect her son because she KNOWS the truth and is trying to get him help.  

She's not making anything better.  If anything, her behavior is making this worse.  I initially thought the Dillards were just lazy grifters who didn't want to work.  Now, I'm starting to think that things are much worse than they appear and that they are trying to keep a whole lot of skeletons tightly in their closet.  

And the Dillards can thank Mama Cathy for that because I never even considered it before she started jumping in.  Now I'm starting to wonder if large portions of their money were spent on things they don't want to admit.  

7 hours ago, purjolok84 said:

I made an attempt when I first heard of it - filled out the form on gofundme and received an email saying they would look into it. However their reporting form is woefully inadequate; trying to explain in 40 characters or less that Derrick is a grifter who will use that money for religious proselytising and his own families' personal use is incredibly hard.  Hopefully they get enough reports come through. Also I think fundraising for religious purposes is against GFM's rules, so there's that.

I don't know a lot about how GFM works, but the bar is low.  Once they get their fees for each fundraiser, they are pretty hands off unless its really, really blatant.  I don't believe they actually have a mechanism to verify how funds are used. For example, there are hundreds of "medical expenses" GFM campaigns. But how does GFM actually know/verify the money was used for that purpose? They don't.  So unless the person starting the campaign specifically indicates they are raising money for illegal activities (Ex: seed money to start drug import business LOL).. GFM isn't going to bat an eye.  There is a lot of built in "trust" in the system...you have to trust that the fund you are supporting does what it says it's going to do. But there is no reporting/accounting when all is said and done. It's a donor be ware system. 

Now the other funding site Derick was one...probably has a little stricter guidelines and when Derick became a social pariah, that was enough to shut his account down.   That's why he eventually switched to GFM. Lower standards. 

I met a young woman from Nepal who is in the process of converting to Judiasm. I gleefully thought of Derick. Here he is, being an asshole and trying to convert people to his own messed up version of Christianity, and this woman from the where location he illegally proletarianized converts to another Abrahamic religion. No one tried to convert her, she came to that desire on her own after emerging herself in Jewish culture through a friend, and that made her want to learn more. Giving people yummy food and being nice goes a long way.

The problem I have with Derick’s Go Fund Me campaign is that the Duggars obviously have enough money to give him the $10,000, but why not try to take advantage of supporters who probably have a much lower standard of living than the Dillards and take their money? I guess Cathy Dillard’s point was that their religious culture supports missionaries, but I bet that most of the missionaries don’t have the financial means that the Dillards have. I assume that they are showing themselves living in a modest apartment as a sign that they are humble servants of God, but the truth is that Jim Bob could be setting them up in a place without any rent. Derick wants his supporters to believe that he’s just a regular guy, but he’s not anymore. His family has money and doesn’t have financial struggles like most of the people that will probably donate to his cause. If each of the Duggars donated their Starbucks money for a month, he might hit his target.

I was watching one of the other Youtube videos after I watched the one posted above and saw this:

dWreck needs to see this and maybe learn a thing or two.

2 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

The problem I have with Derick’s Go Fund Me campaign is that the Duggars obviously have enough money to give him the $10,000, but why not try to take advantage of supporters who probably have a much lower standard of living than the Dillards and take their money? I guess Cathy Dillard’s point was that their religious culture supports missionaries, but I bet that most of the missionaries don’t have the financial means that the Dillards have. I assume that they are showing themselves living in a modest apartment as a sign that they are humble servants of God, but the truth is that Jim Bob could be setting them up in a place without any rent. Derick wants his supporters to believe that he’s just a regular guy, but he’s not anymore. His family has money and doesn’t have financial struggles like most of the people that will probably donate to his cause. If each of the Duggars donated their Starbucks money for a month, he might hit his target.

It goes even further.  Again and again he makes terrible decisions that lack any sort of common sense, and expects other people to financially support him through the consequences.  

• He married into a rich family, but never addresses why they don't/can't pay their own expenses. 
  • He quit a decent job to become a missionary.  He was and is a horrible missionary - it is clearly not his calling.  He only appeals to people already in his form of Christianity, and actively alienates almost every potential convert. 
  • He had a job at TLC which he lost, not because he expressed his views, but he expressed them in an inflammatory and virulent way, and then dug in his heels like a toddler when confronted. 
  • He tries to grift on Pure Charity, and instead, the fundraiser is suspended due to what seems to be shady personal panhandling.  He then tries GoFundMe for its lower standards. 
  • He publicly thanks his wife's incestuous sexual assaulter for "donating."  

What shakes my head the most is that Derick is just godawful with other people.  He makes Christians look inarticulate, cowardly, financially shady, bullying, and lazy.  He doesn't even have the good looks/basic grooming skills and charisma that Jeremy or Ben use to bring others to the flock.  He literally has nothing going for him.  

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

They could be eligible for ebil Medicaid and food stamps, unless the govt decided to get rid of them.

No, the programs are still in play. My hubby works full time and Youngest has special needs so working is not an option for me right now. My kids get it, thank the Gods!

But its very likely they wouldn't qualify. ANY money from TLC, People, the book deal and their fundraising would count as income, and if the money is not in the girls' names the state could investigate that as well. Any vehicles given to them would count as assets. Then the state would want to know why Derick has a perfectly good degree and isn't using it to provide for his own family. Most states want to see some attempt at providing for yourself before they help you. 

I don't blame Jill for grifting on his behalf - if it gets him out of her hair and halfway across the world, we can't fault her for it. In fact, we should volunteer to help her grift in more attractive and innovative ways.

He can't impregnate her from that far away. God willing he will have super slow and spotty internet access and definitely won't have the time to keep up with current events like slamming Jazz and praising Alabama for choosing Pervert Moore in the primary. All these things are massive wins in my view.

ETA: Yes, it will suck for the locals but frankly I don't worry about them much as I have just about zero faith that Derick would convert anyone.

51 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

• He publicly thanks his wife's incestuous sexual assaulter for "donating."  

This is the crux of it.  He publicly thanks his wife's incestuous sexual assaulter for donating.  This is beyond cruel and heinous.  What and why would he do that....he can't be that desperate to name people.  I don't care if Josh gave him money because for any number of Josh's reasons....but why publicize it.  Does he expect us or even humpers to be happy about this.  It just rolls my stomach.  They are just both nasty imo.

4 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

ETA: Yes, it will suck for the locals but frankly I don't worry about them much as I have just about zero faith that Derick would convert anyone.

it's not about converting anymore...he is sliding into a territory of sliminess that he can't get out of and it's a matter of time before his skeletons come out.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived