IGNORED

Jinger 33: Beauty: By God!

Coconut Flan

59 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

End with a kiss--why?  Why!?  Why??  For Rufus' sake, why?  Is that some kind of birthday gift to Jinger to watch her parents and her parents' friends make out?

I can't stand that little giggle that Michelle does when JB does any of the sexy sexy stuff.  Every time I hear it,  I interpret it as "I wish I could turn my head/body/whatever away from you and go, but I have to submit joyously.  Hee hee."

Whenever someone brings this up or I see that horrible little emoticon, as a terrible person, Bob Ewing comes to mind, and the phrase, "ruttin' on my Mayella." I'm mature enough and open enough to appreciate most people want sex and should get to enjoy it if they do, and I am equal to appreciating their pleasure from a suitable distance, but there are a few people in the public eye who just make it all seem so foul and grotesque.

Perhaps it's all actually joy and etc., and it's certainly none of my business either way. But I wish the combination of Jim-Bob Duggar and sexual union banished from my brain.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts on the video:

1. If this is a video message "to Jinger" why do her own parents have to introduce themselves at the beginning?

2. When does Jana get a vacation to the Bahamas? 

Because it’s not really a video for Jinger. It’s a video of them promoting their brand. They are just using her birthday as an excuse to release more content. 

Wonder if there is someone in the cult who has a condo in the Bahamas for the Duggars and Bateses to use? Seems really cheap of Michelle to go on and on about buying a used dress for her little girl only to jump on a plane the next day to the Bahamas. 

It looks like a property or perhaps a timeshare in the Bahamas? They we're blocking the view so I couldn't really make out if the background to see which island they were on (I've spent lots of time in the Bahamas). The place doesn't really look familiar to me though. 

That's probably why J'chelle went on and on about Jordyn's birthday dress. She had to use the real funds to go to the Bahamas. 

17 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Who’s managing the home front while they are away yet again....let’s guess......

Jana!!!! That’s the answer!

Great. Jana, this is the perfect time to lock your parents out or pull a prison break.   

12 hours ago, Markie said:

Wonder if there is someone in the cult who has a condo in the Bahamas for the Duggars and Bateses to use? Seems really cheap of Michelle to go on and on about buying a used dress for her little girl only to jump on a plane the next day to the Bahamas. 

Exactly. Reminds me of a coworker who couldn’t afford to fix her car but went on a week trip to the Grand Caymans. A few months later got a new tattoo. I don’t know much about tattoos but I understand they’re pretty expensive. Enough to at least make a significant dent in a repair bill. It was none of my business but I couldn’t help but think “priorities”. 

13 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

Because it’s not really a video for Jinger. It’s a video of them promoting their brand. They are just using her birthday as an excuse to release more content. 

They talked a LOT about a godly leader in Jeremy for a birthday video for Jinger... Good lord.

Also - why is important to note that Kelly and Michelle have had 38 children between them. Do you not ALL share in the 38 children? Are they not also JimBoob and what's his face-Bates kids too?

8 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

Exactly. Reminds me of a coworker who couldn’t afford to fix her car but went on a week trip to the Grand Caymans. A few months later got a new tattoo. I don’t know much about tattoos but I understand they’re pretty expensive. Enough to at least make a significant dent in a repair bill. It was none of my business but I couldn’t help but think “priorities”. 

You know my sister-in-law? She once borrowed a few thousand dollars from her parents to improve her business. Then she got a new tattoo (a matching one with her bestie of the moment, who wasn't her bestie anymore less than a month later) and took a vacation that included staying in an $800 a night resort. The business improvements were made, so apparently, she had to borrow the money from them so she could afford all three things. 

Fortunately, the parents finally learned and they haven't loaned her money since. And, no, she never paid them back. 

So JimBob and Michelle went to the Bahamas...merry Christmas Jana! You must be loving life right about now.

Also what are those 4 even doing in the Bahamas? Can't be on some heathen beach with all that Nike surrounding them. Can't be by the pool for the same reason. Anywhere you go out to eat you'll see women in skimpy tank tops and shorts, I mean it just all sounds like hell?

I would just be terrified those 38 kids would be orphans if something happened to that plane. I could probably never travel that far (or 3 hours away for that matter) in fear of something happening to us. But I’m weird like that. 

Is there some sort of private Bahamian Christian resort center? They're probably there for "fellowship" or "marriage encouragement"..

14 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

I would just be terrified those 38 kids would be orphans if something happened to that plane. I could probably never travel that far (or 3 hours away for that matter) in fear of something happening to us. But I’m weird like that. 

Growing up, my parents always traveled by separate airplanes for this exact reason, until every kid had turned 18. I always thought it was strange, but now that I look back, it was a big sacrifice they made because one of my parents is so terrified of flying, they have to take medication to do it, which they wouldn’t have been comfortable doing if they were flying without their spouse. 

I can't believe they would be so far away so close to Christmas. Isn't that holiday kind of big deal for them? Think they'd want to spend the time with their kids. Hell I'm not a christian, and i've got cookies baking, bing crooning, and all the kids and their significant others home. 

23 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I can't believe they would be so far away so close to Christmas. Isn't that holiday kind of big deal for them? Think they'd want to spend the time with their kids. Hell I'm not a christian, and i've got cookies baking, bing crooning, and all the kids and their significant others home. 

Maybe that's their Christmas present to their kids.  Not being there.  :pb_lol:

31 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Maybe that's their Christmas present to their kids.  Not being there.  :pb_lol:

Well - all the kids minus Jana anyway... can't see how that would be a gift to her. Unless she's walking around the house in sweatpants and a tank top and drawing her tattoo...

2 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

My parents write a will-slash-directions-for-raising-their-children every time they get on a plane.

I don’t know how to link it (on my phone) but someone PLEASE tell me those are a couple bottles of wine?! :ABON:

(Edit: I know it says sparkling cider, but I’ve never seen a sparkling cider with a top like the one in the bucket. I may be wrong, but that’s a pretty fancy bottle of cider)

C0BEF656-5ACC-45C5-A208-954D55BF38D3.png

@Ace3 while it's impossible to tell from the photo (at least for me) whether the bottles are alcoholic or non-alcoholic, I believe Jeremy has expressed in the past that he sees nothing wrong with Christians enjoying a glass or two of wine. (That said, if they're drinking all of that themselves he may have loosened up on his moral standards a tad more, haha.)

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

@Ace3 while it's impossible to tell from the photo (at least for me) whether the bottles are alcoholic or non-alcoholic, I believe Jeremy has expressed in the past that he sees nothing wrong with Christians enjoying a glass or two of wine. (That said, if they're drinking all of that themselves he may have loosened up on his moral standards a tad more, haha.)

I can tell the bottle closest to Jinger is cider for sure, but I’m curious about the bucket. I’d love to see them loosening their standards across the board. 

5 hours ago, Meggo said:

They talked a LOT about a godly leader in Jeremy for a birthday video for Jinger... Good lord.

Also - why is important to note that Kelly and Michelle have had 38 children between them. Do you not ALL share in the 38 children? Are they not also JimBoob and what's his face-Bates kids too?

I mean, Kelly and Michelle were the ones who gave birth to those 38 children, which is definitely more impressive than two men fathering 38 children. And it's not like any of the four parents have been active parents to all their children.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived