IGNORED

Jinger 33: Beauty: By God!

Coconut Flan

I think boob and Mechelle and the Bateses filmed the Jinger birtbday video at the Melia resort in Nassau (formerly the Sheraton, changed owners about 3-4 years ago).  

It is a nice, reasonably priced resort and one of the few that are all-inclusive in Nassau. 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sammypie said:

I think boob and Mechelle and the Bateses filmed the Jinger birtbday video at the Melia resort in Nassau (formerly the Sheraton, changed owners about 3-4 years ago).  

It is a nice, reasonably priced resort and one of the few that are all-inclusive in Nassau. 

Hmmm idk. It doesn't really look as nice as the Melia to me, but I haven't been in a few years. You could be right (it's a good guess) 

I do think they're in Nassau somewhere along the Cable Beach strip. The island in the distance looks familiar. 

And yes, they most definitely are being defrauded by people in bikinis with sheer coverups and no pants. 

10 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I can't believe they would be so far away so close to Christmas. Isn't that holiday kind of big deal for them? Think they'd want to spend the time with their kids. Hell I'm not a christian, and i've got cookies baking, bing crooning, and all the kids and their significant others home. 

The Bateses celebrate Christmas, but their big winter holiday is actually I Love You Day on Valentine’s Day. I’m pretty sure their daughter, Alyssa, came up with the idea a few years ago. Kelly and Gil have explained it actually makes things easier for the married kids though - a lot of them (all except Zach actually) have in-laws out of state and this way they don’t have to pick which side to celebrate with. I think some of the unmarried kids have spent Christmas with their significant others or family friends too. 

As for the Duggars, they do seem to celebrate. I’d guess the Bahamas trip isn’t a long one and they’ll be home for the holiday holiday, but I’ve been wrong before.

Out of all the Duggars, Jana sure deserves a break. I doubt she will ever get one.:my_confused:

Allright I can't be the only one, who at first glance, thought Jinger was having wine with dinner and got excited for her.

Damn sparkling cider! 

@FleeJanaFree I thought the same thing, just glancing at the photo I thought good for her getting her drink on, and then read the caption, boo. I do sparkling cider with my mom cause she doesnt drink, but I am confused as well at the tops of the bottles. The kind we use has a beer bottle like top to it.

Where is all the stuff about Jordyn's birthday dress coming from? I checked the Facebook, Instagram and website and didn't see anything. 

I'm intrigued. 

I have to ask. What is "sparkling cider"? Cider to me is a fermented drink with alcohol content of around 5-10% (if memory serves). But I gather this sparkling kind is something else... Is this another Europe vs. America difference? Please enlighten me. :my_shy:

"Sparkling" drinks here, for me anyway, have always referenced a slightly fizzy, non-alcoholic beverage- either grape-based or as in Jinger's case apple. Here's the info on sparkling cider:

Screenshot_20171223-063336.jpg Edit: This is, I think, Martinelli's Sparkling Cider. The brand Jinge is drinking may be different.

4 hours ago, DillyDally said:

Jinger's post reminded me of the last "candlelit dinner" Jill posted about on Instagram:

Vuolos 1, Dillwanks 0

9 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

The heart-eyed emoji Jinger used in her post looks like the face Gothard women make at their headships.

And now you have ruined one of my favorite emojis for texting with my fiancé.  Gah. 

1 hour ago, MadameOvary said:

I have to ask. What is "sparkling cider"? Cider to me is a fermented drink with alcohol content of around 5-10% (if memory serves). But I gather this sparkling kind is something else... Is this another Europe vs. America difference? Please enlighten me. :my_shy:

Yes, I believe it is. Where I am from (in Europe) cider always contains alcohol. (Otherwise, what is the point? :pb_lol::margarita:)

In the US, it never does. 

Im in the US in apple country of NY. I love non-alcoholic cider. It's really good if you put vanilla ice cream and a little cinnamon in it and make a cider float. It tastes just like apple pie.

1 hour ago, MadameOvary said:

10 minutes ago, Special friend said:

Yes, I believe it is. Where I am from (in Europe) cider always contains alcohol. (Otherwise, what is the point? :pb_lol::margarita:)

In the US, the alcoholic version is called hard cider, and has around 5-10% alcohol content as stated above. Apple cider and sparkling cider are non-alcoholic.

7 minutes ago, Firebird said:

Im in the US in apple country of NY. I love non-alcoholic cider. It's really good if you put vanilla ice cream and a little cinnamon in it and make a cider float. It tastes just like apple pie.

I am sure it is. I was just joking. :tw_heart:

I love cider very much! Here it contains alcohol, I never heard of non-alcoholic cider. A friend brought me some great french cider from the Normandie a couple of years ago, the best cider I ever drank. I am not sure if I have a bottle of cider right now, because mostly I drink it during summer time. But if I am lucky and find a bottle, I will try it with vanilla ice cream and cinnamon for dessert tomorrow evening. Thanks @Firebird! We had no plans for tomorrow's dessert and that one sounds great!

Edit: Checked... No cider in this home. BUT: I have one bottle Champagne and fresh apple juice of my parents apples so I will mix these two and add the cinnamon and vanilla ice cream (there is always ice cream in this household). Am I allowed to call this drink Firebird?

2 hours ago, Firebird said:

Ohhhh, ima have to try this.  I love sparkling cider and sparkling grape juice, it is really good.  We never went out on NYE never could find a sitter and then we just found out we love our take out dinner and rented movies.  We'd always have a sparkling grape juice toast with the kids, when they were little before they went to bed, and when they got older we'd have it at midnight. Now our kids go out on their own and do their own thing and hubby and I have sparkling wine and take out and a movie.  

21 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Ohhhh, ima have to try this.  I love sparkling cider and sparkling grape juice, it is really good.  We never went out on NYE never could find a sitter and then we just found out we love our take out dinner and rented movies.  We'd always have a sparkling grape juice toast with the kids, when they were little before they went to bed, and when they got older we'd have it at midnight. Now our kids go out on their own and do their own thing and hubby and I have sparkling wine and take out and a movie.  

That’s nice. My parents rarely go out for New Years. Mostly because they go out all the time. My mother buys lobsters and they catch up on the DVR. This year I’m staying with a client because the family is going to a wedding over New Years. That’s fine with me. 

3 hours ago, Special friend said:

As someone else already said, we have cider with alcohol here. It is called "hard cider" to differentiate between it and the non-alcoholic kind. 

Hard cider is absolutely my favorite alcoholic beverage and I would drink it all the time if it weren't so crazy high in calories. So the implication that it is somehow nonexistent here is oh, so very wrong and let's not even suggest that! 

4 hours ago, coexist said:

"Sparkling" drinks here, for me anyway, have always referenced a slightly fizzy, non-alcoholic beverage- either grape-based or as in Jinger's case apple. 

Thanks! Would that go for sparkling wine too, then? Here we call crémant, spumante, cava etc. sparkling wine. It's the cheaper relative of champagne by virtue of not being produced in Champagne (but otherwise uses the same method). Definitely alcoholic!

I must be a certified lush because I was definitely disappointed to see they were drinking sparkling cider! I think in a different world they might both love a wine or champagne dinner. Maybe they do outside of social media. I love sparkling cider too, but it's so sweet and the flavor is so different that I wouldn't really view it as an accurate replacement.

When I was little in the US, my parents would put a splash of red or mulled wine in sparkling cider for the pre-teens at holidays. Those were really fun family memories, and a good introduction to alcohol.

As I've gotten older, I can't believe the variety of flavors in ciders, especially British ones. My favorite is Scrumpy Jack. I get the impression that cider in Britain (and maybe Europe in general?) can culturally be a bit like Hard Lemonade or Wine Spritzers in the US... sweet boozy drinks that teens can and often do go waaaaaaaay overboard with.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived