IGNORED

Jinger 33: Beauty: By God!

Coconut Flan

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Jessa was most definitely joking. That's not their house, she added a laughing face, and then followed it up with 'seriously though...' 

Jessa actually has a kind of dry/deadpan sense of humour. 9-month-old Henry supposedly asking for theology books for Christmas is another example of that. It was obviously a joke, but one of the commenters took it seriously and responded with something like, 'He didn't want that, but okay...' No, he didn't, and not even a Duggar would be deranged enough to actually believe or suggest that their 9-month-old was itching to dive into some 19th century reformed theology!

Another one of Jessa's qualities that make me think she'd be great to hang out with if she had grown up someplace different. Wasted on humourless fundies.  

On 12/25/2017 at 2:21 PM, singsingsing said:

I wonder if they're staying with someone else. That doesn't really look like the TTH, does it?

And in the spirit of Christmas I also want to give Jeremy props for posting a photo with Jinger dead centre and him off to the side, just to be fair, since I previously took a dig at him for posting photos with himself front and centre and Jinger off to the side. Well done, Jeremy. :pb_lol:

In the comments to this pic, did anyone else notice a little uninformed dust-up about Jeremy using  "XMas" instead of "Christmas" in either a (now-changed) caption or in a comment.

Don't these fundy leghumpers learn any church history at all? Honestly, I probably learned why we say "Xmas" way back in junior high Methodist Sunday School.

Jinger's jeans are ripped in one knee (ahhh! Knees! Nike!)  and her coat is cute. Even if this is what Jeremy "allows" it looks like she's thriving and I hope they stick with it. 

They are definitely in Pennsylvania. The instagram videos Jeremy showed last night were from Longwood gardens, a favorite in the chester county, pa area. 

On 12/26/2017 at 5:26 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

We saw a photo of their house once, didn't we? I didn't think it was white. Jessa's comments seem like she's joking.

I've heard of ultra-conservative people trying to twist Star Wars into being religious since the Jedi are technically a religion in canon but I've always thought that was a massive stretch. Plus, I see the leg lamp from A Christmas Story in there too. Way too nike. 

People at our church used to pull that crap with my mom for encouraging us to read Harry Potter. They would do the whole "how dare you let your kids read something so evil!" and my mom would always bring up Star Wars because most of our church friends (us included) liked it. "Oh you like Star Wars? Is it a story about good vs. evil? Dark vs. Light? Ohhhh Harry Potter has magic...tell me more about using the force." :lol:

5 hours ago, iheartjnames said:

They are definitely in Pennsylvania. The instagram videos Jeremy showed last night were from Longwood gardens, a favorite in the chester county, pa area. 

And now they've posted pics from the Franklin Institute SCIENCE Museum in Philly.

19 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

And now they've posted pics from the Franklin Institute SCIENCE Museum in Philly.

Science? Oh sweet  Rufus bring me my fainting couch.

And to think me and my family were going to go today to FI (but it would have been later in the day). She's basically backyard and I'm just like :pb_surprised:.

low key wished though it was the academy of natural sciences(which is around the corner) cause that has animals and evolution and whatnot but FI is a nice start!

On 12/26/2017 at 4:22 PM, HereticHick said:

In the comments to this pic, did anyone else notice a little uninformed dust-up about Jeremy using  "XMas" instead of "Christmas" in either a (now-changed) caption or in a comment.

Don't these fundy leghumpers learn any church history at all? Honestly, I probably learned why we say "Xmas" way back in junior high Methodist Sunday School.

I can’t figure out what started it but Jeremy finished it by explaining why there is nothing wrong  with using Xmas.  

I must say I love the idea of a Christmas Yoda. My husband mostly call my ornaments "Christmas crap" but I am sure he would be OK with Yoda and might even help me put it on the balcony. 

37 minutes ago, Dogalog said:

Kopparberg is so popular here, it's in every single bottleshop. I find it amusing that it's so rare in USA.

I don't get how anyone would want to drink it. It is a Swedish drink and it is usually what young teens or people with severe alcoholism drink. Basically those that want to get drunk but for some reason cannot drink "real" alcohol. I used to drink the extra strong ones (7,0%) when I wanted to get drunk fast in college. Since I learned how to drink beer I have never had one and never missed drinking one. We were quite amused a couple of years back when we were in London and found these super sweet cider brands like Kopparberg in England with all their wonderful domestic beers and ciders that are actually tasty.

5 hours ago, elliha said:

I don't get how anyone would want to drink it. It is a Swedish drink and it is usually what young teens or people with severe alcoholism drink. (...SNIP...)  We were quite amused a couple of years back when we were in London and found these super sweet cider brands like Kopparberg in England with all their wonderful domestic beers and ciders that are actually tasty.

So much this! Kopparberg and similar drinks that we have loads of here in the Nordics are just so completely artificial, I really don't get the appeal. Give me Scrumpy Jack or any other actual cider any day...

This isn't really on topic with any current discussion about JinJer, but with all the clothing rule changes for Jinger, I've been wondering this for a bit - do you think she'll stop wearing modest swimwear and switch to bathing suits? Or would that be too Nike for this fundie-lite pairing?

I could see Jinger wearing something like a tankini with thicker straps and boy short bottoms, or even board shorts. I would bet money we will not see the wholesome wear bullshit on any of the adult daughters again. 

This is so much more practical than that idiotic wholesome ware that is ridiculous and NOT safe.  I can see her starting here and working her way into something more relaxed.

949ff51f99dab92943fc76f899d16319.jpg

^^Cute swim dress!

Even if Jinger's wearing regular swimsuits, I doubt we'll see pictures of them on social media anytime soon.

22 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

This is so much more practical than that idiotic wholesome ware that is ridiculous and NOT safe.  I can see her starting here and working her way into something more relaxed.

949ff51f99dab92943fc76f899d16319.jpg

This seems plenty relaxed to me - this is essentially what I wear to go swimming, though I'm more likely to go for boy shorts than the skirt. My personal modesty standards just mean I prefer to keep my midsection and behind covered, but I'm neither religious nor conservative.

Yeah, that's probably about as relaxed as I could see any of the adult married Duggar girls going. Unless one of them suddenly started feeling like "Screw you, mom and dad! Time for me to rebel really hard!" I think they'd feel overexposed in a bikini. Especially with years of hearing Michelle's "the neighbors divorced because I mowed my parents' lawn in a bikini as a high schooler!" story.

20 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

This seems plenty relaxed to me - this is essentially what I wear to go swimming, though I'm more likely to go for boy shorts than the skirt. My personal modesty standards just mean I prefer to keep my midsection and behind covered, but I'm neither religious nor conservative.

If I had Jinger or this models body I'd wear a bikini, ain't NOBODY wanna see me in less that this suit, not even me. If I was comfortable with my body (which I'm not at the moment, but working on it) I'd wear a little less, not much less but a tankini or a lower cut suit top, but I'm a I got them and like to flaunt them, to a point, kind of gal.  This is what is great about fashion there is something for everyone to be comfortable in, not the, here is this years fashion I hope you can wear it of the past.

13 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Yeah, that's probably about as relaxed as I could see any of the adult married Duggar girls going. Unless one of them suddenly started feeling like "Screw you, mom and dad! Time for me to rebel really hard!" I think they'd feel overexposed in a bikini. Especially with years of hearing Michelle's "the neighbors divorced because I mowed my parents' lawn in a bikini as a high schooler!" story.

I agree. I'm sure there'd be a lot to unpack psychologically for any Duggar to reach a point of comfortably wearing, say, a two piece (especially in public), but I also can't imagine her sporting the fundie swimwear crap again after all the experiences she's gotten to have with Jeremy this past year.

I think allthegoodnamesrgone has shown a pretty good example of where her modesty standards for suits might be at -- thank you! It's kind of what I was thinking, though maybe with board shorts, but I do wonder if she'll ever try a one piece by itself. Either way, I hope her swimsuits are safer and more comfortable than the shit her parents put those kids in! 

I always thought of the modesty swimwear as drowning swimwear. I don't know how you could learn to swim in them.

11 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I always thought of the modesty swimwear as drowning swimwear. I don't know how you could learn to swim in them.

That is the point, you  don't learn to swim. Gotta keep the women on a tight leash and indoors.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived