IGNORED

Zoey Joy Webster Is Now Here (update)

Oh_Dear!

I think we have to take into account how much help John provides. If he watched the girls all morning, changed diapers, fed them, gave Alyssa the quiet time she needed to get ready and feel good about herself then I’m happy to see her out and about especially since it was Easter Resurrection Sunday. My hope is that she accomplished all of this with the maximum amount of help and the least amount of pressure, but you never know with fundies. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should’ve started here. So many great comments. I posted in the Erin thread before reading this thread, and now my comment over there seems redundant. 

I like makeup and fashion, and I still consider myself a feminist. (My hair is not great. I would be considered a fundie failure.) I don’t understand people who think that girls need to act like boys, or that women have to act like men, and abandon anything traditionally feminine, in order to be strong girls/women. I don’t want to throw footballs or walk around with a face full of rosacea just to prove that I’m not a “stupid woman who likes makeup.” I am grateful for yellow concealer. My yellow concealer feels like self-care to me, because I care about myself, not because I care about what other people think. I don’t feel like I’m conforming to limiting gender roles because I prefer to look like an apricot instead of a tomato. That’s just my preference. My sister rocks her tomato face and has no fucks to give. Good for her. That doesn’t make her more of a feminist than me. How about girls/women just like what they like and get acceptance, or even celebrated, for it?

I think the criticism of traditionally feminine things is counter intuitive to what it means to support women.... in normal circles. I get it, in fundie circles, there are rigid and harmful ideas, but I’m talking about the backlash non-Fundie women get just for enjoying traditionally feminine things. 

As far as the dress goes, wasn’t this baby due in April? She probably had these Easter outfits picked out expecting to still be pregnant. Therefore, the postpartum bleeding and need to comfortably breastfeed wouldn’t have been considerations when she chose them. 

4 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

As far as the dress goes, wasn’t this baby due in April? She probably had these Easter outfits picked out expecting to still be pregnant. Therefore, the postpartum bleeding and need to comfortably breastfeed wouldn’t have been considerations when she chose them. 

I doubt that white dress would have fit her if she'd still been pregnant and also Zoey's outfit matches Lexi and Allie's so I bet she went out and bought the girls outfits after Zoey was born and either already had the dress or bought it.  

If Alyssa is comfortable dressing like that and going to church, then that's great. I hope that the dress and wearing makeup/doing her hair makes her feel great. If she feels that she has to dress up and do all those things to be a good Christian and have good testimony, then I'm not ok with that. 

I hate people making comments on others appearance like that. I get it all the time and it's annoying. "You should wear contacts" "Your hair looks so nice curly" "How are you comfortable in that dress?" "Who are you dressing to impress?" Me! I'm dressing to impress me! I I wear glasses and straighten my hair, it's because it's what I'm comfortable in. If I want to wear a face full of makeup, that's my concern, I'm the one who got up and did it. If I'm confident, that's all that matters and I don't see the sense in women bringing other women down. Let me do me, and I will let you do you!

I don't mean to bring this up or to be gross but she is still bleeding at this point. She just is.  And she's in WHITE? 

9 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I don't mean to bring this up or to be gross but she is still bleeding at this point. She just is.  And she's in WHITE? 

Some people don't bleed like stuck pigs after birth. My first pregnancy I bled like crazy for every bit of 6 weeks. Second and third pregnancies, no more than a typical to slightly heavy period for about a week. 

@Joyfully_UnavailableDid I miss something? Is there a rule not to call it Easter? Or is your editing comment a dig at Fundies?

@BeccaGrim that is what seems really strange to me. Even if there isn’t much, white would feel like a risky choice to me. Especially as they tell you not to use a tampon in the first eight weeks due to infections risk.

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

Did I miss something? Is there a rule not to call it Easter? Or is your editing comment a dig at Fundies?

All of the social media posts said Resurrection Sunday rather than Easter and based off discussion in the JinJer thread, a lot of the fundies prefer not to say Easter because of the “pagan influences”. I was being a bit snarky.

55 minutes ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

@Joyfully_Unavailable I love your username and profile picture, too funny! I'm betting it's a petty jab at the wonderful Duggars, totally?

Why thank you! It most definitely is! I love yours too, there’s not much more iconic than Jill and her eyeliner! 

4 hours ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

Why thank you! It most definitely is! I love yours too, there’s not much more iconic than Jill and her eyeliner! 

Or her hairspray!

20 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Although I personally never like to wear white skirts or pants when I'm on my period (I don't like white clothes in general, because I'm a very messy eater), there are enough women who do wear white while on their period. And as @feministxtian said, post-partum bleedings are not always necessarily worse than a (heavy) period. And tampons or menstrual cups are not necessarily better at preventing one from bleeding through one's hygenic products and/or clothes than pads are.
It is not as if women are forbidden to wear white while bleeding, and there are also enough options to minimize/prevent the risk of that blood staining one’s clothes. So, if Alyssa feels comfortable to wear a white dress, why not?

Edited to say that I honestly think it was Alyssa’s personal choice to wear this dress; I don't think John would have forced her to wear something she wasn't comfortable in. And if she freely chose this dress and feels comfortable enough to wear it, why shouldn’t she?

1 hour ago, Marly said:

Although I personally never like to wear white skirts or pants when I'm on my period (I don't like white clothes in general, because I'm a very messy eater), there are enough women who do wear white while on their period. And as @feministxtian said, post-partum bleedings are not always necessarily worse than a (heavy) period. And tampons or menstrual cups are not necessarily better at preventing one from bleeding through one's hygenic products and/or clothes than pads are.
It is not as if women are forbidden to wear white while bleeding, and there are also enough options to minimize/prevent the risk of that blood staining one’s clothes. So, if Alyssa feels comfortable to wear a white dress, why not?

Edited to say that I honestly think it was Alyssa’s personal choice to wear this dress; I don't think John would have forced her to wear something she wasn't comfortable in. And if she freely chose this dress and feels comfortable enough to wear it, why shouldn’t she?

Agreed in regards to John. Alyssa just birthed a child. I doubt John was dumb enough to try to dictate what he thought she should wear and like I said in my earlier post, I hope that he was helpful so that she could get ready stress-free and feel good about herself.  Every body is different as far as recovery time, bleeding post-delivery, etc. While I personally have found that tampons are the most secure feminine products for me, that's not everyone's experience. Since this is her third kid, I think it's safe to say she knows what her body does after pregnancy and has safeguards in place to minimize the chance of a wardrobe malfunction. 

4 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

new picture of Zoey Joy 

Both the Bates and Duggars have bookend babies. Zoey is teeny tiny for a term baby , and then there's Gideon-

sounds like the Bates family is heading to FL probably a meet Zoey/Carlin and Allie's birthday celebration. Evan is on a plane right now and says he can't wait to see Carlin the batesfam and Alyssa.

so here is a picture of Lawson and Zoey from this you can see that Zoey does take a bottle. now if she also BF I am not sure but Alyssa does not EBF ( I am bringing this up because of the debate about her Easter dress not being BF friendly) 

Alyssa looks incredible. She must just have carried really tiny. Say what you want, I’m impressed. Doesn’t even look like she had a fart in there, much less a baby

Alyssa is thin but I see her face older or somehow different since Zoey's birth. Like she's not in her best moment. Like if she was dealing with a newborn, a baby and a toddler while organising a party for twenty people. 

I wonder if she's been on a diet while being pregnant. Or maybe the lack of rest or the stress are playing a role in her weight.

I don't know if Bates girls are going to have big families or not. But I'm sure they're facing a hard reality at the time #3 comes.

9 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

so here is a picture of Lawson and Zoey from this you can see that Zoey does take a bottle. now if she also BF I am not sure but Alyssa does not EBF ( I am bringing this up because of the debate about her Easter dress not being BF friendly) 

I know he spews terrible beliefs, and I am not a fan of country music, but I sure do find Lawson to be really handsome.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived