IGNORED

Zoey Joy Webster Is Now Here (update)

Oh_Dear!

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing she had another complication free birth. Good to see.

Each of her babies keeps getting smaller:

Allie was 6 pounds 11 ounces and 21 inches long.

Lexi was 6 pounds 2 ounces and 20 inches

Zoey is 6 pounds on the dot and 19 inches.

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She's early right? I thought she was due April 2. Alyssa had the others on time I think. 

Allie was born on her due date and Lexi was, I believe, a day or two early. This time she was about five days early, which is within a normal range - most babies will arrive within ten days of their due date. 

19 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

I'm guessing she had another complication free birth. Good to see.

Each of her babies keeps getting smaller:

Allie was 6 pounds 11 ounces and 21 inches long.

Lexi was 6 pounds 2 ounces and 20 inches

Zoey is 6 pounds on the dot and 19 inches.

This is interesting. My mom had the opposite experience - my older sister was a little under 6 pounds, I was a little over 7 pounds, and our brother was a bit bigger then I was. 

The Bates' daughters give birth in hospitals or birthing centers right? 

If Alyssa really "only" wants 6 kids they better be super careful. She's fertile and seems to have really easy pregnancies/births. 

4 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

The Bates' daughters give birth in hospitals or birthing centers right? 

If Alyssa really "only" wants 6 kids they better be super careful. She's fertile and seems to have really easy pregnancies/births. 

Erin and Whitney have given birth at hospitals and Alyssa at a birth center. Alyssa is really lucky. Erin has her clotting problem and a dramatic delivery with Carson. Whitney went a week late with Bradley (I think she had to be induced) and then had to have Kaci flipped.

well its official she has 3 under 3 for about a week and a half until Allie's birthday. here's hoping she slows down and does not end up with 4 under 4

Her body needs time to rest and build up more nutrients. It can't be healthy to have baby after baby back to back like her mother and Michelle. 

I'm glad to see they both look well. My due date was April 12th with my first. I had her, on 4/1, which was good friday that year. My mom called her sister to tell her i had had the baby, and my aunt said yeah right! and hung up on her! We brought her home from the hospital on Easter with little bunny ear hats the nurses had put on all of the the babies. That 24 year old "baby" will be home this weekend, with her fiancé! (happened just two weeks ago). :my_heart:

One can only wish for conceiving, carrying and birthing as easy as Alyssa. Right now I am really envying her for this. 

1 minute ago, just_ordinary said:

One can only wish for conceiving, carrying and birthing as easy as Alyssa. Right now I am really envying her for this. 

it's great that she has easy pregnancies and births I would never wish a hard one on anyone but at the same time it's scary she has such an easy time because that's one less thing to discourage her to have a smaller family. 

Welcome to the world, Zoey! Enjoy your first months as the youngest child until your mama gets preggo again in about five minutes. Also, good luck on being a Webster Bates.

6 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Welcome to the world, Zoey! Enjoy your first months as the youngest child until your mama gets preggo again in about five minutes. Also, good luck on being a Webster Bates.

Kids going to have a short  time as the youngest grandbates. Everly is due to show up at the end of April and Erin always goes weeks early.  she could be here any day. 

I like that Zoey has her own little Zoey blanket. In terms of Alyssa's potential good mommy qualities, I think maybe she could be encouraging of the sisters having individual personalities or styles. Maybe, if she is at all self-aware, and reflecting on her own upbringing.  And she stops with her stated 6-8.  Sigh. Take a break Alyssa. Enjoy your three pretty girls and your Colgate ad husband. Reread the NFP brochure.

2 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I like that Zoey has her own little Zoey blanket. In terms of Alyssa's potential good mommy qualities, I think maybe she could be encouraging of the sisters having individual personalities or styles. Maybe, if she is at all self-aware, and reflecting on her own upbringing.  And she stops with her stated 6-8.  Sigh. Take a break Alyssa. Enjoy your three pretty girls and your Colgate ad husband. Reread the NFP brochure.

I think if pregnancy and child care started to interfere with Alyssa being able to wear those fashionable clothes and be dolled up all the time she would slow down. she has really easy pregnancies and seems to bounce right back so right now she gets to stay in her parents faith and still do as she wishes. I think if one has to go it will be the quiverfull before the fashion.  plus Alyssa seems to hate a bunch of noise and I think even six rambunctious kids will be to much for her.   hopefully she realizes she can't have it all before she gets in to deep and has a laundry room break down. 

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Kids going to have a short  time as the youngest grandbates. Everly is due to show up at the end of April and Erin always goes weeks early.  she could be here any day. 

This is why I'm surprised Erin didn't go into labor first. I assumed Everly would be born first and then Zoey. 

I am going to guess Erin's induction will happen mid to late next week. It fits in with the timeline she had with Brooklyn. She's not due until the 28th, so it's possible they are waiting a little longer again this time.

I think because of Easter it was pushed back slightly. Carlin and Allie also have birthdays on the 4th of April (I think?), so (personally) if I was essentially picking a birthday I'd be aiming for a date not currently occupied by such close relatives.

I will admit I am glad Zoey and Allie dont share a birthday, let alone Carlin and Everley on top of that. I know eventually dates get doubled up in these families and people are inevitably forgotten, but at least birthdays get to be a bit about them.

2 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

I will admit I am glad Zoey and Allie dont share a birthday, let alone Carlin and Everley on top of that. I know eventually dates get doubled up in these families and people are inevitably forgotten, but at least birthdays get to be a bit about them.

Gil and Kelly already have 4 children that share two birthdays. All in February. They don't need more shared birthdays. But it's inevitable. 

Alyssa always looks like she just bounces right through these things like no big deal back to life.  

My second birth was quick and uncomplicated although extremely anxiety inducing. I felt fine within an hour afterwards. Of course I looked like crap because I looked like craps all through pregnancy. But I felt fine. So it's definitely possible. She's just lucky it seems.

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her body needs time to rest and build up more nutrients. It can't be healthy to have baby after baby back to back like her mother and Michelle. 

I actually just had a preconception appointment. The Doctor said he has two timeframes he recommends for pregnancy spacing - 12 months for both vaginal births and 18 months for c-sections. He explained women need those first 12 months to replenish nutrients and vitamins used up during pregnancy. The extra six months for c-sections is to ensure the mother’s body - specifically the incision - is as healed as possible prior to the muscles stretching again during the next pregnancy. 

Those are just recommendations though and it won’t necessarily be the right choice for everyone to follow those, but I do think it’s smart to at least consider the recommendations when making decisions on spacing your kids. 

6 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

I am going to guess Erin's induction will happen mid to late next week. It fits in with the timeline she had with Brooklyn. She's not due until the 28th, so it's possible they are waiting a little longer again this time.

I think because of Easter it was pushed back slightly. Carlin and Allie also have birthdays on the 4th of April (I think?), so (personally) if I was essentially picking a birthday I'd be aiming for a date not currently occupied by such close relatives.

I’m not sure if Erin was induced either time. I know she wasn’t with Carson at least, but I thought labor just started on it’s own with Brooklyn too. I could be wrong though, but I do remember they both barely qualified as preemies - I think they were both born right before the 37 week mark, which is good considering the complications she had. I’d guess Everly shows up before the end of next week, probably before Friday April 6th.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived