IGNORED

Zoey Joy Webster Is Now Here (update)

Oh_Dear!

I always thought Lawson was “pretty cute for a fundie.” There isn’t anything on him that needs cosmetic surgery, but he wasn’t attractive to me, in the sense that he didn’t seem to compel people to him, in an actual attracting way. He isn’t dynamic, but he seems nice enough. He hasn’t been shown to be rude or lazy. He has just enough of goofy, awkward Gil’s DNA to make him annoying, but he has also been very generous with his time and money towards his family. I wonder if that is part of why he isn’t married. The pic with baby Zoey is very handsome, like Zac Efron level handsome. However, he is starting to show his age, so he better find a fundie approved bride stat, before he becomes as stale as an Arndt. 

ETA: I am too tired to be posting. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/5/2018 at 11:36 AM, BeccaGrim said:

I don't mean to bring this up or to be gross but she is still bleeding at this point. She just is.  And she's in WHITE? 

So what?

On 4/8/2018 at 6:51 PM, Calypso said:

Just looking at this I would have had no idea Alyssa just had a baby 

She's starting to look a lot like her mom. 

11 hours ago, amendgitan said:

So what?

I was

Maybe its just me. But I always worry about bleeding into white. It shows the blood so obviously. I never would have risked it. Must just be me. 

3 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I was

Maybe its just me. But I always worry about bleeding into white. It shows the blood so obviously. I never would have risked it. Must just be me. 

It's not just you. No way I would have been in white. Alyssa can do whatever she wants, but I would have been in some darker attire. Most likely black sweats.

I would have worn white postpartum in my 20’s. I’m sure I did. I was cavalier. Now I’m in my 40’s and I’ve sat in, bled through, stepped in, dragged, gagged, and vomited enough times to exclusively wear dark colors all of the time. If I need a pop of color, I add a broach and some nail polish. Maybe a scarf. Never white.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:30 PM, Million Children For Jesus said:

so he better find a fundie approved bride stat, before he becomes as stale as an Arndt. 

ETA: I am too tired to be posting. 

"stale as an Arndt"= I love this so much.  

I agree, Lawson needs to start bride hunting. My fear is that he's going to choose some 18-19 year old starry eyed leg humper.

10 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

My fear is that he's going to choose some 18-19 year old starry eyed leg humper.

I fear this might happen too because Lawson certainly appears to be the sort of person who wants constant adoration and praise. A woman who is his age and mature isn't going to provide that. 

I really don't think he wants the married life, though. Because while he loves posing with babies, I rather doubt he would like to parent a baby.

3 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

birthday message from Kelly to Allie and pictures from her party. 

It never struck me how much Allie looks like Kelly until this picture! Wow!

On 4/9/2018 at 11:56 PM, amendgitan said:

So what?

TOTALLY! I wonder how the #superficialtwit will deal when full on KellyJo sets in?

11 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I fear this might happen too because Lawson certainly appears to be the sort of person who wants constant adoration and praise. A woman who is his age and mature isn't going to provide that. 

I really don't think he wants the married life, though. Because while he loves posing with babies, I rather doubt he would like to parent a baby.

I rather doubt Lawson could parent a ferret properly.

On 4/5/2018 at 7:35 AM, Million Children For Jesus said:

I should’ve started here. So many great comments. I posted in the Erin thread before reading this thread, and now my comment over there seems redundant. 

I like makeup and fashion, and I still consider myself a feminist. (My hair is not great. I would be considered a fundie failure.) I don’t understand people who think that girls need to act like boys, or that women have to act like men, and abandon anything traditionally feminine, in order to be strong girls/women. I don’t want to throw footballs or walk around with a face full of rosacea just to prove that I’m not a “stupid woman who likes makeup.” I am grateful for yellow concealer. My yellow concealer feels like self-care to me, because I care about myself, not because I care about what other people think. I don’t feel like I’m conforming to limiting gender roles because I prefer to look like an apricot instead of a tomato. That’s just my preference. My sister rocks her tomato face and has no fucks to give. Good for her. That doesn’t make her more of a feminist than me. How about girls/women just like what they like and get acceptance, or even celebrated, for it?

I think the criticism of traditionally feminine things is counter intuitive to what it means to support women.... in normal circles. I get it, in fundie circles, there are rigid and harmful ideas, but I’m talking about the backlash non-Fundie women get just for enjoying traditionally feminine things. 

I actually don't really agree. Not liking makeup and fashion doesn't mean that girls/women are acting like boys/men, and I think that's an incredibly harmful assumption.

In our culture it is expected that women wear makeup and dress fashionably. Women who don't do those things face social consequences, like having their natural face called a "tomato face," which doesn't sound terribly feminist.

Wear makeup, that's fine and it wouldn't be right to criticize you personally for it, but we have to realize that there's an expectation that women wear makeup and women's desire to wear makeup doesn't exist in a vacuum. Men don't typically cover their faces as part of self-care because they don't face the same negative consequences for showing their natural faces that women do. There have been lots of studies that show that women wearing makeup to a job interview are perceived as more professional and are more likely to get the job than women without makeup, for example. We absolutely need to criticize these expectations and look at why they're considered traditionally feminine things in the first place. We can criticize makeup culture without criticizing the individual women who wear makeup.

And yes, people tend to disparage women and their interests in general, but if you think women get a backlash for enjoying traditionally feminine things try being a woman who doesn't enjoy those things. Women in our culture are rewarded for looking and acting feminine and punished socially for not engaging in those behaviors.

Nice to see two birthday messages without mention of God. 

She said “Couldn’t love this girl anymore!” shouldn’t that be “Couldn’t love this girl any more!”? The first one is rather sad :my_shy:

3 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

She said “Couldn’t love this girl anymore!” shouldn’t that be “Couldn’t love this girl any more!”? The first one is rather sad :my_shy:

SOTDRT strikes again! Also, why is "always" in quotation marks? That makes zero sense.

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

SOTDRT strikes again! Also, why is "always" in quotation marks? That makes zero sense.

Some people seem to think quotation marks can be used for emphasis, like one might use italics, or underline, or use all caps. I've never heard anyone come out and say that, but it would explain a lot. 

this is from the Ellie blog about tonight's episode. I don't believe a word of it she'll be pregnant before this time next year and even if it's another girl she'll still have many more after that. 

The following day, Alyssa and Whitney help Mama Jane with supper. Mama Jane asks Alyssa if she’s following in her parents’ footsteps with a baby every year. “This might be the end,” says Alyssa. “Jane, I ain’t having 19 kids. This body needs time to heal.” She also says that she definitely plans to stop if she ends up with four girls. “It’s the drama,” says Alyssa. “I can’t handle it.”

Yeah I don’t think she’ll stop at 4 at all! But the comment about letting her body heal did stood out to me. It’s important for these women to know they’re more than just baby making machines. I’m glad she at least seems to have that mentality.

Hopefully they’ll figure out how to prevent pregnancy this time around so she doesn’t get pregnant super fast again. 

10 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Yeah I don’t think she’ll stop at 4 at all! But the comment about letting her body heal did stood out to me. It’s important for these women to know they’re more than just baby making machines. I’m glad she at least seems to have that mentality.

Hopefully they’ll figure out how to prevent pregnancy this time around so she doesn’t get pregnant super fast again. 

sometimes I think the things Alyssa says are just good PR I mean she has had three back to back pregnancy's so she doesn't really seem all that interested in giving her body time to heal. she says she's not going to have 19 kids but right now with the rate she's going she's on par to do it.  now if Whitney said the same thing I'd believe it since Kaci is almost two and there have been no signs of baby number 3 yet. 

Four girls would be too much "drama" to handle? Dude, your kids are like two years old, don't project that "girls are so catty and bitchy" BS on them.

15 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Four girls would be too much "drama" to handle? Dude, your kids are like two years old, don't project that "girls are so catty and bitchy" BS on them.

honestly I get the vibe that her and some of her sister's do not get along at all. Her and Erin always gave me the vibe that they don't like each other. they do things together because family and show and all that but some of their scenes together seem so stiff. 

6 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

this is from the Ellie blog about tonight's episode. I don't believe a word of it she'll be pregnant before this time next year and even if it's another girl she'll still have many more after that. 

Judging by her demeanor when she said those things she meant it. Girl looked even more serious than normal. I’m just not sure if she is willing to use birth control to control family size. 

7 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Well as @nelliebelle1197 so nicely said, she is a a superficial twit. So if she has another girl she will stop but if she has boys she will continue? 

I don't doubt she wants a break from baby making, I do doubt that she will be take the proper measures to prevent more babies.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived