IGNORED

Zoey Joy Webster Is Now Here (update)

Oh_Dear!

On 4/11/2018 at 11:32 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

Alyssa uploaded some pictures of Allie's party. 

I know I’ve said this before but every time I see a post about Alyssa’s kids I am taken aback by the fact that the oldest of THREE kids is only three years old! Same for Erin.

Dang. Alyssa and Erin sure do stay pregnant.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Four girls would be too much "drama" to handle? Dude, your kids are like two years old, don't project that "girls are so catty and bitchy" BS on them.

I hate that stereotype!

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Well as @nelliebelle1197 so nicely said, she is a a superficial twit. So if she has another girl she will stop but if she has boys she will continue? 

I don't doubt she wants a break from baby making, I do doubt that she will be take the proper measures to prevent more babies.

I cannot remember who I stole the #superficialtwit from, but when she called Alyssa that, I knew I had found my home.

I think she was not feeling well in that moment. I looked at her and before she even spoke I thought...oh she's got morning sickness. She looked like a woman who was not feeling great.  Ask her when she's not feeling that way anymore....

22 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

sometimes I think the things Alyssa says are just good PR I mean she has had three back to back pregnancy's so she doesn't really seem all that interested in giving her body time to heal. she says she's not going to have 19 kids but right now with the rate she's going she's on par to do it.  now if Whitney said the same thing I'd believe it since Kaci is almost two and there have been no signs of baby number 3 yet. 

I actually just had a preconception consultation appointment last month where we discussed this. The Doctor said he recommends that women who have healthy and uncomplicated pregnancies and births wait at least twelve months before becoming pregnant again (18 months for women who have c-sections.) He said twelve months is long enough to replenish nutrients and allow the body to heal for many women. Alyssa appears to have had a relatively easy pregnancy and birth with Allie and she conceived Lexi a little after Allie’s first birthday, meaning her body probably had time to heal that time. It’ll either interesting to see what spacing they have with the next one (I definitely don’t believe they’ll stop at four or do anything more than NFP to help with spacing though.)

On 4/13/2018 at 12:06 AM, Ivycoveredtower said:

honestly I get the vibe that her and some of her sister's do not get along at all. Her and Erin always gave me the vibe that they don't like each other. they do things together because family and show and all that but some of their scenes together seem so stiff. 

I've gotten the same vibe. They seem to have different, yet both strong personalities that would clash.

IMO, the only sisters that appear to have a close relationship with Alyssa are Michael and Josie. Her distance from her family also appeared evident when she appointed her sister-in-law as her MOH over any one of her eleventy-billion sisters. With fundie-dom, I feel that kids can be forced into best friendship with their sibs, considering how much time they spend together. Alyssa probably found a true, good friend in Tori W. when she got a sliver of freedom working for Taliban Dan's campaign.

Erin appears to get on better with Tori (they were each other's MOHs, after all) and Carlin. Katie's sister-clique status is the most ambiguous.

Among the Bates boys as well, age doesn't seem to be a factor in closeness. Zach's the closest to Jackson, Warden, and Isaiah while Lawson and Nathan are tight.

3 minutes ago, JoylessAnna said:

I've gotten the same vibe. They seem to have different, yet both strong personalities that would clash.

IMO, the only sisters that appear to have a close relationship with Alyssa are Michael and Josie. Her distance from her family also appeared evident when she appointed her sister-in-law as her MOH over any one of her eleventy-billion sisters. With fundie-dom, I feel that kids can be forced into best friendship with their sibs, considering how much time they spend together. Alyssa probably found a true, good friend in Tori W. when she got a sliver of freedom working for Taliban Dan's campaign.

Erin appears to get on better with Tori (they were each other's MOHs, after all) and Carlin. Katie's sister-clique status is the most ambiguous.

Among the Bates boys as well, age doesn't seem to be a factor in closeness. Zach's the closest to Jackson, Warden, and Isaiah while Lawson and Nathan are tight.

Katie seems to get on best with Whitney. more then any of her actual sisters. and you are right about who it seems Alyssa is close to those sisters plus Lawson seems to be the one brother she's closest too 

I agree with the above statement except I will add that Alyssa does seem to be close with the younger Bates' girls.  So she has Michael and Josie. And then the little ones who come visit her often.  I don't particularly see her with Erin, Carlin, Katie, or Tori.  Erin, Carlin and Tori are very close.  And Erin seems close to Michael. But, Katie seems close with Josie and the boys. 

Didn’t Kelly mention in an episode that Alyssa and Josie shared a separate room from their sisters because they were so alike and liked quiet?  

2 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

Didn’t Kelly mention in an episode that Alyssa and Josie shared a separate room from their sisters because they were so alike and liked quiet?  

I know they shared a room. can't remember exactly what was said about the reason. I believe the room they shared is that tiny one off the girls room that Jud and Jeb now sleep in. at least that's the only one that makes sense. 

I remember Kelly saying Alyssa needing more peace and quiet.  Was she the one who got migraines?

Dealing with Carlin on a migraine sounds like the umpeenth circle of hell.

11 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

I can see that. It’s exhausting and anxiety-provoking just watching the Bates’ on TV; imagine being trapped under the same roof her entire life? 

On 4/12/2018 at 10:49 PM, nickelodeon said:

Four girls would be too much "drama" to handle? Dude, your kids are like two years old, don't project that "girls are so catty and bitchy" BS on them.

Yeah, I was wondering about that comment.  Good grief, she is saying that given her daughters are that young?  How is she going to cope when when they get older?   Like teenagers?  Her head is going to explode.

Sounds like Alyssa is feeling like she's hitting her limits, which is fine.  Nothing wrong with knowing that even if she implied that girls are "drama".   However, I doubt she's going to consider effective preventative measures, either. 

Originally they were all in one room because Kelly(like Michelle) claimed the girls begged to share a room :roll: Later Alyssa got to move out of the large shared room. Alyssa seemed especially miserable in the family. She was forced to cook all the meals for the family from the time she was young, plus had to share a room with siblings that have loud, abrasive personalities. No wonder she got married as soon as she could and moved far, far away. 

6 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Originally they were all in one room because Kelly(like Michelle) claimed the girls begged to share a room :roll: Later Alyssa got to move out of the large shared room. Alyssa seemed especially miserable in the family. She was forced to cook all the meals for the family from the time she was young, plus had to share a room with siblings that have loud, abrasive personalities. No wonder she got married as soon as she could and moved far, far away. 

ITA.  At first when I heard of Alyssa's engagement and at such a young age, the first thing I thought of was that she wanted to get away from her chaotic family and successfully found the "fundie approved" way to do it: get married.  I was not aware of her cooking duties at that time.  When I learned of that, I thought it was just wrong to force that job on her.   I can't help but wonder if she's quietly pissed at her parents for that one.

She looked ecstatic at her wedding.  I can see why. 

Okay I don't have kids so admittedly I don't know if this is okay but would someone with kids go check out Alyssa's insta story and give your take on her whole stroller situation. 

Here is the story in question:

Screenshot_20180419-153731.thumb.png.6c0e7e8a7887d14c4378ca9c21dfea47.png

I've looked at prices for triple strollers before and those suckers are pricy AF so I can't really hate. The girls do look a bit squished but not super uncomfortable, maybe Allie just needed a break from walking. It's also possible that they WANT to sit together- my daughter and her cousin always insist on trying to sit together in the same swing at the park. Granted, I'm only working on baby #2 so there may be some safety issue here that I'm missing out of ignorance.

Also, Webster photo shoot:

Spoiler

Much better than the blurr from hell. I also like the motives they went for- Erin’s screamed Pinterest kitsch to me.

I think the stroller picture was made for laughing. No way she's pushing 3 kids more than 5 minutes. It's a huge weight but, what is worse, it's going to be a fight between Allie and Lexi because one will bother the other in such a tiny seat.

A 3 years old kid can walk. If they're going far, they can use a car. 

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived