IGNORED

Zoey Joy Webster Is Now Here (update)

Oh_Dear!

I still can't wrap my head around the name. It just doesn't flow. It would be so much better if it was Zoey Jo. It's just too many oi-oee sounds. She looks great tho. She's very lucky to have such easy deliveries.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan of Alyssa's taste in names in general. They are too cutesy for me. I like cutesy nicknames but people grow up. I think it also bothers me because it's always the girls that get these cutesy names. Boys usually have more formal sounding names with cutesy nicknames. I doubt Alyssa would name a son Billy Bo Webster. It would be William Robert Webster so he can sound professional in his kind of work. Of course these fundies aren't wanting their daughters to grow up to be CEOs so cute is fine.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm not a fan of Alyssa's taste in names in general. They are too cutesy for me. I like cutesy nicknames but people grow up. I think it also bothers me because it's always the girls that get these cutesy names. Boys usually have more formal sounding names with cutesy nicknames. I doubt Alyssa would name a son Billy Bo Webster. It would be William Robert Webster so he can sound professional in his kind of work. Of course these fundies aren't wanting their daughters to grow up to be CEOs so cute is fine.

for a boy I'd guess John Daniel Webster nn Johnny  that way she honors John and his dad and still gets to keep the e ending sound. 

12 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

for a boy I'd guess John Daniel Webster nn Johnny  that way she honors John and his dad and still gets to keep the e ending sound. 

Or Dani John. That's pretty cutesy for a boy.

It's the spelling of "Zoey" that bothers me more than the flow of Zoey Joy. I don't think that's too bad.

I'm more interested if the next baby has an S in their name because I like the suggestion she's spelling out ALYSSA :pb_lol: 

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Same. One of my name pet peeves is nicknames used as their actual name. Nicknames to me are more for family or for childhood. I have a nickname that is for family or close friends only. My first name is professional for school and work purposes. Also the fact that Allie and Lexi are nicknames for the same name (Alexandra/ Alexandria/ Alexis) bothers me too. Don't have a problem with Zoey but with Joy it sounds funny.

8 minutes ago, socalgurl83 said:

Same. One of my name pet peeves is nicknames used as their actual name. Nicknames to me are more for family or for childhood. I have a nickname that is for family or close friends only. My first name is professional for school and work purposes. Also the fact that Allie and Lexi are nicknames for the same name (Alexandra/ Alexandria/ Alexis) bothers me too. Don't have a problem with Zoey but with Joy it sounds funny.

I wonder where the middle name Mae came from. Allie Jane is from Gil's mom and Zoey Joy is from Alyssa so I figure Mae must have some family meaning. 

55 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I wonder where the middle name Mae came from. Allie Jane is from Gil's mom and Zoey Joy is from Alyssa so I figure Mae must have some family meaning. 

They were married in May but you would think they would spell it May, not Mae.

Maybe she was conceived in May? I'm guessing they just thought Mae was a cute middle name, though. Some people do a mix of family names and names they just like.

zoey is no longer the baby of the Bates Family. Erin had Everly early this morning. two cousin's born almost exactly 48 hours apart. 

Zoey born at 4.22 Am on the 28th and Everly born at 4.12 AM on the 30th 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Maybe she was conceived in May? I'm guessing they just thought Mae was a cute middle name, though. Some people do a mix of family names and names they just like.

Conceiving on May 1 would have put the due date right around January 22. Knowing Alyssa had her a day early makes it pretty clear that they concieved in very early May. 

But yeah, I think they just liked the way the name sounded together. Maybe there’s a family member on John’s side with that name or something as well.

4 hours ago, socalgurl83 said:

I wondered if maybe that's why she didn't give them longer first names, cause she wanted to use both Allie and Lexi and couldn't come up with first names for both with those nicknames that didn't sound too matchy-matchy? I guess you could go with Alison and Electra if you were buying into the "name your child something you could see with Dr. or Judge before it" thing, but I guess fundie parents aren't for girl babies.

That said, and on names more generally, I go by a nickname at work, and plenty of other people who go by something like Annie or Nick stick with that rather than their full name at the office, I don't think it's unprofessional. I get what you mean though, if your family calls you Hannah banana or Scout I can totally understand not introducing yourself to coworkers as that. I think it's a fine line to walk. I know people whose given names are technically nicknames like Theo or Gwen or Kate and somehow those strike me as more ready to transition into adulthood than a kid born with the full name like Lexi.

5 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I was wondering the same thing. 

4 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

new pictures of Zoey Joy

I wish I could blame the SOTDRT for Kelly's misuse of "literally," but she actually went to a proper school and college. No, you did not "literally melt," or you would now be a puddle on the floor.

Alyssa looks like she's trying to get away from her parents in that group shoot. lol

21 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Alyssa looks like she's trying to get away from her parents in that group shoot. lol

She's probably tired as hell and leaning on John. Those fundie gals gotta be perfect for the camera after they have a baby. 

11 hours ago, JillyO said:

I wish I could blame the SOTDRT for Kelly's misuse of "literally," but she actually went to a proper school and college. No, you did not "literally melt," or you would now be a puddle on the floor.

To be fair, they were in Florida, so it might have felt like they were literally melting. 

I know this isn't news but I Just realized Alyssa has 3 kids under 2.  Allie does turn 3 soon, though. 

I think that would do me in.

1 hour ago, coffeebean7 said:

I know this isn't news but I Just realized Alyssa has 3 kids under 2.  Allie does turn 3 soon, though. 

I think that would do me in.

Both Erin and Alyssa have 3 kids 2 and under currently. Allie turns 3 in April and Carson turns 3 in May.

Whoa, 3 under 3 sounds crazy to me. I know people do it, but I can't imagine how you keep them all fed and happy, let alone feel like you have an identity other than 'mom'. Plus aren't Carson and Allie at the age when people potty-train? I hear that takes some serious time/ accident cleanup, sounds hard with two babies. 

Question: Erin lives by a bunch of built-in babysitters, how close to John's family are the Websters/ would there be any of his sibs helping Alyssa out?

8 minutes ago, pandora said:

Whoa, 3 under 3 sounds crazy to me. I know people do it, but I can't imagine how you keep them all fed and happy, let alone feel like you have an identity other than 'mom'. Plus aren't Carson and Allie at the age when people potty-train? I hear that takes some serious time/ accident cleanup, sounds hard with two babies. 

Question: Erin lives by a bunch of built-in babysitters, how close to John's family are the Websters/ would there be any of his sibs helping Alyssa out?

I am not positive but I think at least one sister in law lives close said sister in law has a few kids of her own though. it's okay even if their wasn't webster in laws to help I'm sure the bates would ship one of the younger girls down there to help. notice in the last few months both ellie and Addie were left there for a week at a time. it was put off as oh a birthday treat or to make memories more likely it was to help a pregnant Alyssa 

3 minutes ago, pandora said:

My maternal grandparents had four kids with about 15 to 16 months between each baby. So by the time my mom was about 31 months (or just over 2.5) she already had a 16 month old sister and a newborn brother. The youngest, another boy, arrived a month before my mom turned 4. My mom says it was pretty typical in the late 50s to mid-60s for parents to have a few kids close together before stopping completely, at least in her area. So it can absolutely be done, but it is very difficult and the more kids you add the more difficult it becomes. 

As for potty training, every kid is different. Many kids will be done with potty training by the time they’re 3 though. I have read that boys can take a bit longer to finish up than girls, but I don’t know how true that is. I wouldn’t be surprised if Allie and Carson were done or close to be doing with potty training at this point though. Two in diapers is likely a lot of work, but probably a little easier than three in diapers. 

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived