IGNORED

Zoey Joy Webster Is Now Here (update)

Oh_Dear!

I see the three kids in a double stroller, 2 kids in a single stroller or even 3 kids in a single stroller (usually the jogger type, one kid on the wheel well, 2 kids in the seat with the back lowered) pretty frequently here. I personally think it would make the stroller heavy and possibly tippy and would worry about legs or hands somehow getting tangled up, etc...

I didn't like pushing a double stroller with only 2 kids in it and usually just used a single stroller and either wore the baby in a carrier or my older daughter walked (she was just under two when her brother was born) and baby rode. Generally, If my older child was walking I would have the carrier with me in the stroller basket, just in case. I did childcare for my friend's baby too, who was just 3 weeks younger than my son so sometimes I had the double stroller, usually with my daughter and one of the babies and I wore the other baby. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found the double stroller to be bulky and not worth the trouble. I carried one and pushed the stroller if I had to. 

Mom life is gong to get much harder for Alyssa. If she continues to have babies at the current rate, she will need a quad stroller. I hope she does take a break! 

My only concern would be the stroller tipping over from too much weight. I’ve never used a double stroller though, so I don’t even know if that’s a legitimate concern to have. Regardless, she probably didn’t have them all in it for very long. It could have even been a “staged” photo to show how real life has gotten now with three kids three and under (like Jill Dill’s #momlife posts, but slightly better thought out and executed.)

But yeah. I think Alyssa may be having a pretty rude awakening. And if she hasn’t already she probably will soon. Whether that leads to them making choices to avoid another pregnancy for a while is a complete guess at this point.

It’s the blanket over the car seat that’s bothering me! Babies get overheated fast in that circumstance. 

I feel like Alyssa is dealing with a problem from the past ( if she is indeed hoping to avoid pregnancy). Not wanting more kids but not doing/ thinking you can do anything real to prevent it short of abstaining is a problem women used to have decades ago before reliable birth control was established, not now. And I don't simply mean hormonal bc for those like the Websters who may be opposed. Condoms used correctly are very effective, there's now some really awesome tech and apps (like Daysy) to help people make natural family planning effective. Hell, venture into the world of diaphragms and spermicide if you don't like the other more effective options.

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

My only concern would be the stroller tipping over from too much weight. I’ve never used a double stroller though, so I don’t even know if that’s a legitimate concern to have.

When we first had the grandgirls, I had a double stroller (they were not quite 2 and 3 when we got them). They don't tip over easily at all. It was wonderful when we'd go places where there was a lot of walking to be done. Occasionally one would get out and walk or be carried but a combined close to 50 lbs of kid was MUCH easier to deal with having that stroller when we'd go to theme parks or even shopping at the mall. 

9 hours ago, pandora said:

I feel like Alyssa is dealing with a problem from the past ( if she is indeed hoping to avoid pregnancy). Not wanting more kids but not doing/ thinking you can do anything real to prevent it short of abstaining is a problem women used to have decades ago before reliable birth control was established, not now. And I don't simply mean hormonal bc for those like the Websters who may be opposed. Condoms used correctly are very effective, there's now some really awesome tech and apps (like Daysy) to help people make natural family planning effective. Hell, venture into the world of diaphragms and spermicide if you don't like the other more effective options.

I think I said it here before- I am one of the people who believe they might be looking into a form of nfp for more “guided” pregnancies. Using it myself for years I know how easy it can be to get pregnant accidentally. Even with a regular cycle there are so many possibilities why one ovulation is earlier (or later) than it normally is  (stress, hormones, illness, lifestyle changes...) that I would never trust nfp alone to make sure I don’t get pregnant. There are ways to narrow the window down to about 24-72h I think? But you will have to check several parameters and have some experience in what ranges your body works to be sure. People saying: oh, but my cycle is perfectly regular are playing with fire in my eyes. You only will ever know afterwards if it has been regular again. 

That said, I am a big fan of contraception in general and of nfp especially.

I cannot see Fundies like the Duggars and Bates be ok with more contraception than abstinence. Condoms would be big stretch for them in my eyes. And they probably would never tell that they indeed try to not get pregnant on purpose.

With the Webster’s it will be interesting to watch when the next addition comes. And it will come. Even if they have a bit of a break we will never know for sure why, if they don’t tell us. But I think I would believe it is down to some sort of planning because that is what I wish them: to follow what feels good for them and not what others tell them to do.

Alyssa had a few of the middle boys at the house. Also visiting a sibling is now a birthday present WTF!!!!!!

You do wonder why a stay with a certain sibling would be seen as the number one birthday present- if you will believe that at all in the first place. 

Is the Webster’s home tidier? Quieter? More relaxed? Do they have more freedom in Florida? Do they get better food? What makes it so special? Tell me, Kelly!

I wonder if Kelly got that this can be seen as a little dig against Michael. She has siblings over a lot and yet- a stay with her doesn’t make the cut? 

I am not counting Erin’s and Whitney’s house as they  live too close by. 

15 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

You do wonder why a stay with a certain sibling would be seen as the number one birthday present- if you will believe that at all in the first place. 

Is the Webster’s home tidier? Quieter? More relaxed? Do they have more freedom in Florida? Do they get better food? What makes it so special? Tell me, Kelly!

I wonder if Kelly got that this can be seen as a little dig against Michael. She has siblings over a lot and yet- a stay with her doesn’t make the cut? 

I am not counting Erin’s and Whitney’s house as they  live too close by. 

Oh lord I would hope it wasn't a dig against Micheal I couldn't really see it as one but if it is that's horrible and where do they put these guest they have three rooms. John and Alyssa are in one. Allie Jane is in another and Lexie and Zoey are in the third. so what do guest just sleep on the couch that does not seem fun. 

1 minute ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Oh lord I would hope it wasn't a dig against Micheal I couldn't really see it as one but if it is that's horrible and where do they put these guest they have three rooms. John and Alyssa are in one. Allie Jane is in another and Lexie and Zoey are in the third. so what do guest just sleep on the couch that does not seem fun. 

I don’t think Kelly sees it like that or wrote the implication on purpose, but more that you can read it like this.

But what I see from Brandon and Michael makes me believe that they are VERY devoted Fundies. If I had to choose who to stay with I would pick the Webster’s too (although I am not sure if the sisters have to jump into auntie duties when they stay with them). Of course my perception can be totally off and is a 100% relying on the superficial looks of their Instagrams and show snippets.

2 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I don’t think Kelly sees it like that or wrote the implication on purpose, but more that you can read it like this.

But what I see from Brandon and Michael makes me believe that they are VERY devoted Fundies. If I had to choose who to stay with I would pick the Webster’s too (although I am not sure if the sisters have to jump into auntie duties when they stay with them). Of course my perception can be totally off and is a 100% relying on the superficial looks of their Instagrams and show snippets.

If I had to guess it wouldn't be that they are more fun yay but that its warmer they can go to the beach ect... well Brandon and Micheal are in Chicago which is still brr. she did have the younger girls with her a few weeks back and they went to the zoo and things but If I had to pick FL or Chicago I'd pick FL hands down. 

57 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Disney, maybe?

I believe Alyssa will keep getting pregnant, regularly, until they have at least one or two boys.

Sending a couple teenagers to a young mom with 3 little kids, still recovering from a delivery, it's selfish and unrespectful.

Since Zoey's birthday, Alyssa has been having relatives at home. Let the woman rest!

I would be so annoyed if I just had a baby and kept getting visitors on top of it. 

About the room, did they make poor Josie move back into the Girls' dorm after Alyssa got married because no way they'd let a child have their own room?

22 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I would be so annoyed if I just had a baby and kept getting visitors on top of it. 

About the room, did they make poor Josie move back into the Girls' dorm after Alyssa got married because no way they'd let a child have their own room?

I think yes. Now it's Jeb and Judson's bedroom. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

of course they did now it's jeb and judson's room of course so the older girls can watch them. we of course saw how that one worked out what with them almost burning the house down a few years back. 

So Alyssa just gave birth and Kelly sent two of her siblings down to Florida for her to babysit? Gil and Kelly really are the worst.

24 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

So Alyssa just gave birth and Kelly sent two of her siblings down to Florida for her to babysit? Gil and Kelly really are the worst.

doubt the two boys ever left FL after Allie Jane's birthday

I feel bad for Alyssa. No matter how much you love your family, it's a lot to have two teens in your house. Never mind when your hormones are running wild post birth. 

I don't feel bad for Alyssa. She could have said no to having the boys come to Florida at a really inopportune time.

Maybe the boys would rather visit Alyssa and John,rather than Michael and Brandon because,maybe Alyssa isn't so strict?

Making them get up at a certain time,and insisting they eat what she serves whether they like it or not.Or maybe it's just Florida.

I can't imagine having teen brothers visiting just after having a new baby,though.Having to cook for them,possibly entertain them.Who knows maybe they help with Allie and Lexi...somewhat.

10 minutes ago, Irene said:

Why are the Bates roling the babies in blanket,so they cant move, and barely breath?

Poor kids!

it's not a Bates thing it's a popular new born picture type right now just type new born pictures into google and you'll see a lot of that type of thing. 

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived