IGNORED

Chelsea Instagram

Milly-Molly-Mandy

How do they keep the baby from crawling over there and pulling that giant portrait of herself over? 

• Upvote 8

I like matching outfits for children if it is within reason such as on special occasions and if they like to do a matching outfit themselves but all that posing and all those completely matching sets seem way over the top. I like the sister better because while there are still pictures of them all matching completely she does seem to be phasing it out for the older one. Her outfits are sometimes different and most of those pictures look fine to me. There is one with white and red checkered dresses for the younger ones and a checkered skirt for the older one that I think is lovely. 

I don't really do matching outfits for my kids since I think that a four year gap in age makes it tricky but I did buy matching shirts for them. They are red and black checkered shirts and my son has a black vest to go with that outfit and my daughter a grey and black skirt. Both shirts can however be worn on a regular day but are still nice enough for a matching Sunday outfit to church or a family event. Other than that I just try to make them have clothes that don't clash. 

My daughter decided she would pick her outfits at 1,5 years of age. At first she looked like a tiny baglady but as she has got older she has developed her own style. She might not match all the time but she clearly has a style and her own views on how clothes should be combined and worn. She almost always has messy hair since she inherited my thin and easily knotted hair and she doesn't really like brushing her hair. I force her to have her hair in a braid or pony tail to preschool most days as that makes it a bit less messy but it doesn't help all the time. I have never curled her hair but I have promised her to let her try it some day soon. My son is one and still has no view on clothes but if he is anything like his sister I guess it will come soon. So far he seems to like shirts with buttons. He will point to them and laugh and point to other people's buttons too. 

• Upvote 9

16 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

How do they keep the baby from crawling over there and pulling that giant portrait of herself over? 

She went through bow training so I guess she also went through giant portrait training as well?

But really, I'm guessing that she mostly stays in her crib when she's in her own bedroom. I'm guessing her babies and toddlers must stay in certain areas of the house until they can be trained not to touch the tons of breakable stuff around their home. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

This family is so much WTFery. It seems like Abigail is giving Davia Waller a run for her money in her attitude in pictures.

I have no desire to defend the mother who dolls her kids up, but I have to say something about the picture in DC with the baby's arms exposed, I have always gotten overheated easily. I was born in the winter in western Pennsylvania, where it gets rather cold. My mom told me that she'd bundle me up to take me out in the stroller and I'd scream. I'd finally settle down when I was in a t-shirt and diaper or similar clothing. She'd be wearing a winter coat, hat, and gloves, and I'd be happily snoozing in my t-shirt. I still wear t-shirts and cropped pants most of the year, though I do wear long pants and a light jacket during the coldest times. Maybe baby Charlotte is the same way and the mother just didn't want to hear her fuss about being overly warm.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

I swear, every time I see "modest" swimwear, all I can think of is the drowning risks.  But hey, at least they'll be coordinated when they're fished out of the pool

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This family is so much WTFery. It seems like Abigail is giving Davia Waller a run for her money in her attitude in pictures.

I have no desire to defend the mother who dolls her kids up, but I have to say something about the picture in DC with the baby's arms exposed, I have always gotten overheated easily. I was born in the winter in western Pennsylvania, where it gets rather cold. My mom told me that she'd bundle me up to take me out in the stroller and I'd scream. I'd finally settle down when I was in a t-shirt and diaper or similar clothing. She'd be wearing a winter coat, hat, and gloves, and I'd be happily snoozing in my t-shirt. I still wear t-shirts and cropped pants most of the year, though I do wear long pants and a light jacket during the coldest times. Maybe baby Charlotte is the same way and the mother just didn't want to hear her fuss about being overly warm.

That's possible or that they only took the bundles off really quick for the purpose of the photo. It looks like the photo was taken midday, so it probably wasn't THAT cold. It isn't like they were in New England or Minnesota in the middle of the winter.

2 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I swear, every time I see "modest" swimwear, all I can think of is the drowning risks.  But hey, at least they'll be coordinated when they're fished out of the pool

I am pretty certain I saw something about the girls doing swim lessons a few years ago. Or maybe I imagined it. I don't get the impression Chelsea is risking their lives in effort to dress a certain way.

• Upvote 1

The two youngest have appropriate swimwear. The older two have long loose looking skirts that I would imagine are not easy to swim in. I've never understood the long skirts for swimming modesty when you can easily buy long swim shorts that are better for swimming and still modest.

• Upvote 8

Soo if the Duggars and Bates judge their holiness on amount of children and reality TV screen time....do these people get heaven bonus points for excessive bow height and inducing vomit with pink rufflyness? It's like thr movie hairspray where she got detention for excessive hair height and blocking people's views of the blackboard

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

And those chunky thighs are the absolute cutest things I've ever seen. She better not give that child a complex with her comments about being a pig. She is adorable and babies are supposed to be chubby.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

Oh lort! That Sunday night video! It gave me a flashback, lol. Back before the FWB church I belonged to crossed the line to charismatic & became non-denominational, nearly every Sunday morning/night service ended up like that, except for the drums & the speaking in tongues. (I left after the switch to non-denom, but before the tongues started.) I was in the choir, and let me tell you, there was a whole lot of sexual tension and frustration on that stage. Lots of emotional and physical affairs going on, lots of married people who hated each other and were not having sex. Those "woship" services were the only emotional/sexual release most of us ever got. It really did get frenzied and orgasmic. I always felt emotionally drained and empty by the time I got home.

(Something that freaks me out now is how the kids mimicked the adults, crying, shouting, jumping up & down, even running to the altar with their friends & weeping & wailing. It seems really fucked up to me now.)

Once I got to church late and sat on the back pew instead of joining the choir. I remember thinking, "Is that what I look like every week? They all look ridiculous. What the hell am I watching?" It wasn't long after that, I stopped going, and kept my kids away, too.
There was one big extended family that dressed matchy- matchy for Christmas & Easter, but nothing as extreme as Chelsea. Chelsea's kids seem happy enough, but she looks dead inside, to me.

Edited by FeministShrew
  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 2

Is this Seth? It is an older picture from 2014. I am also excited to learn she has an older Instagram account. Why did she make a new account?

• Confused 1

I got confused at the post from three years ago and then realized that the oldest child pictured (and possibly youngest) isn't hers; I then looked back at that old Instagram and she's very heavily featured. She must be a cousin or something. So did she borrow other people's kids to dress up until she could get enough of her own?

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

This woman has me considering getting a giant portrait of myself to keep right next to my bed. Men'll love that, right? ;)

• Haha 15

The soldier is the father of Olivia Kate, who's the oldest cousin, and the husband of Chelsea's sister - she's the one who sells the old clothes (her instas are upthread too).  The littlest girl in the photo is his now-middle daughter.

The sisters used to refer to their combined daughters as the quadruplets and the quintuplets, but as someone said upthread, don't seem to post as much with the families together any more, though Olivia Kate, who's the oldest cousin, goes to the same school as Chelsea's girls.

There are also other cousins, one of whom is Miles who plays with Abigail, but I assume they're on Seth's side of the family.

ETA Those head-things - the ones that look like eye-masks pushed up to their hairline - what are they?  I've never seen them before, but they seem to all have a ton of them, in lace, and with their names and the monograms, and I just don't understand!

Edited by Lurky
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

11 minutes ago, Lurky said:

The soldier is the father of Olivia Kate, who's the oldest cousin, and the husband of Chelsea's sister - she's the one who sells the old clothes (her instas are upthread too).  The littlest girl in the photo is his now-middle daughter.

The sisters used to refer to their combined daughters as the quadruplets and the quintuplets, but as someone said upthread, don't seem to post as much with the families together any more, though Olivia Kate, who's the oldest cousin, goes to the same school as Chelsea's girls.

There are also other cousins, one of whom is Miles who plays with Abigail, but I assume they're on Seth's side of the family.

Thanks for that! That clears all of that up for me. I still want to know what led her to start a second Instagram account. I got excited because I spent a lot of time glued to the first instagram account posted and realized there were an entire 600+ photos that I had yet to see.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

@OtterRuletheWorld What's her other insta?  If you want more obsession, her sister is https://www.instagram.com/mum2oliviakatecaroline.lucybea/

and wow, there's so much there too!

ETA the sister gets some of her clothes from this seamstress - custom made!  Here's one of her special creations.

https://www.instagram.com/normonydesign/

Edited by Lurky
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I can't stop looking either. I am so happy I was directed to this thread! Can you imagine being the baristas working that day?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

On that point, should a baby's room be, I dunno... BABY PROOFED??

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Chelsea now has 4 daughters and her sister now has 3 daughters. Why don't they dress them alike and call them the Septuplets?! 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

On that point, should a baby's room be, I dunno... BABY PROOFED??

Noticing that made me spend a lot of time looking at the photographers insta as well. So much to be said about that as well.

• Upvote 4

Oh good grief what am I looking at?!

After attempting to back slowly away from the rabbit hole that is Poopistan I have found this. I'm pretty sure this woman is suffering from some kind of compulsive disorder, why the hell would you dress kids like that? I thought my baby photos were bad but I won't be surprised if those kids grow up and try and distance themselves from their mum, partly so no one ever sees those hideous photos.

Also, whoever said kids with bedrooms like that become goths made me laugh. Obviously I was never dressed as outlandishly as those girls are but I went from being a girly, frilly, pink-loving 12-year-old to an angsty 13-year-old goth in the space of about a month. I sort of hope at least one of those kids discovers her goth side although I can't imagine them ever having the freedom to choose their own clothes while they live under Mummy Dearest's roof.

• Upvote 10