IGNORED

Chelsea Instagram

Milly-Molly-Mandy

On one of her past instagram posts Chelsea's two oldest girls got to take a week long cruise with their grandma and grandpa. Cruises are usually liquored fuel party zones and you know most people aren't dressed to holiness modesty standards. I take it these girls have seen a lot which is far more than we could say for the Duggars or other fundie families here. The more I read about this grandma lady from letting them dress in regular clothes to cruises the more I think she will be these girls saving grace if they decide they are done with the fundie stuff. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

On 11/2/2017 at 3:18 PM, unholypoledancer said:

Also, WTF with the FBI blurb? I feel based on the way that "snuck out", it's as though she is trying to boast about her husband being in the FBI. Because why would you feel the need to put that in there, unless you want to make it known to the world "Oh, I'm an FBI agents wife"? That, coupled with the fact that her address can easily be found out, is very dumb. Is she not aware she and her family could be a target? 

Now that I reflect on it, I think that both of these women are possibly using their children and instagram to help prepare the way for their husbands potentially running for office. Adorable and perfectly coiffed kids in outfits and hairdos that are throwbacks to the 1950s? It wouldn't be much of a stretch to consider that they might be using their kids as political props. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

On 11/2/2017 at 6:08 PM, fundiefun said:

I will just say this it was not hard to figure out what school her kids go to school and with so many photos and distinct school uniforms if someone unhinged could do whatever they wish that information. I would at least scale back on tagging my church and my kids uniforms if they are that identifying for the area they live in. 

It's crazy to think how much personal information she has shared willingly from her church to her girls school with how distinct their unifroms are it wouldn't be hard for the wrong person to find them at all. 

It would be amazingly easy for someone to find them.  I have heard of numerous cases where people have had their homes robbed when they were on vacation, etc., just because they put that out their facebook page or blog.  I don't even want to imagine what could happen if someone with bad thoughts about children found them.  I was always accused of being an overprotective mother because we didn't want our daughter's name or face out there, but we had valid reasons (which she was aware of from a young age for her own protection) and it really makes me mad to see this level of what I really consider to be neglect - I get a little "hot and bothered" about that subject so I apologize if anyone is offended!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I was always accused of being an overprotective mother because we didn't want our daughter's name or face out there, but we had valid reasons (which she was aware of from a young age for her own protection) and it really makes me mad to see this level of what I really consider to be neglect - I get a little "hot and bothered" about that subject so I apologize if anyone is offended!

I completely agree with you, for what it's worth. It brings to mind another situation we discussed here that happened to a blogger named Tonya Ferguson, who had a now-defunct blog called 4 Little Fergusons. In one of the blog posts, she had a very innocent photograph of her fully-clothed daughter sitting on her bed and holding a stuffed animal. There was absolutely nothing salacious about the photograph--at least to healthy people. Apparently her daughter's photograph was hot linked into a forum for people with pedophilia, and she received a call from the FBI. It must have been an absolutely sickening situation for Tonya and her husband, as I'm sick just writing about it. You never know what sort of person is going to see your children's photograph, and what they'll do with it. That's truly terrifying, and, to me, enough reason not to post photos of kids on the internet. 

Don't even get me started on people who post photographs of their children in the bath or otherwise naked.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

@HeadshipRegent, bows on the topknot are competely natural for Lhasas and Shih tzu.  My Shih tzu doesn't have a nice coat and has never had a good topknot to my knowledge.  However, your Lhasa is totally adorable!

ETA:  I gotta tell my neighbor with the black pug about that Darth Vader pug!

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 3

I found these gems on her previous Insta, back when MG was just a wee little thing. The comments are gold. One friend calls her out for dressing MG up in her Sunday best to go to an Easter Egg Hunt. Chelsea admits her own Mother dressed both her & the sister up the same way when they were young. The comments are golden! 

3EC27A63-E8B3-46D1-B9C1-19A158322584.jpeg

B9DD800B-2B4C-43F7-A6CC-9E1990C1A9D9.jpeg

E781D92A-38E1-4381-9FF6-96932B46D85A.jpeg

• Upvote 11

On 31/10/2017 at 2:31 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The two youngest have appropriate swimwear. The older two have long loose looking skirts that I would imagine are not easy to swim in. I've never understood the long skirts for swimming modesty when you can easily buy long swim shorts that are better for swimming and still modest.

Or burkinis. I mean the skirts are going to end up wet and clingy anyway, ditto the long t-shirts so why not go for something made for purpose? And as a bonus it covers your hair too. (Personally I go for for swim shorts and a rashie, but that is mostly because I burn pretty quickly... and they're cheaper than a burkini.)

• Upvote 2

Her old instagram is such a stark contrast to what they have going on now with the girls clothes. The girls actually wore clothes that while frilly were functional and looked comfortable. Now the stuff they wear looks like you couldn't even run or play in without destroying the whole dress. Her girls did not even look bad and wore tons of matilda jane and other botique clothes I don't know what happened.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

When I was scrolling down Instagram I happend to see this pic

Spoiler

pomeroy.PNG.8738901c3dc6d1b1876209348d616c52.PNG

I looked at the pics she has on her Instagram and I had so, so many questions. But lo and behold, after a couple of days @Milly-Molly-Mandy started this thread and now I have many answers. Thank you.

Here are my thoughts on this.

I love some of the outfits but it´s a little too much when they all have the same outfit. Some outfits are just ugly.
The oldest girl is too old for some of the outfits.
The bows are hideous.
The hairdos are over the top.

Would I dress my doughter in these outfits? Yes I would if it was only one, or at most two, girls.

And I´m the one who would have loved these outfits as a kid :56247955dd693_32(12):

• Upvote 7

22 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Now that I reflect on it, I think that both of these women are possibly using their children and instagram to help prepare the way for their husbands potentially running for office. Adorable and perfectly coiffed kids in outfits and hairdos that are throwbacks to the 1950s? It wouldn't be much of a stretch to consider that they might be using their kids as political props. 

You are probably right, but I think they are silly to think it will work with these types of clothes and hairdos. This is just too much and it's going to get laughed at, even by other conservatives. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

One post lauds the father as "father of the year" for... Looking after the kids for the weekend. Amazing.

Free Abigail!

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 3

I peaked at some of the places she gets her girls dresses and they aren't cheap we're talking like 200 a piece so she must be making pretty good money or her husband. I love boutique dresses and I dress my toddler in many outfits that would seem a little over the top or froo froo but this lady like is over the top and hits it home like no other.

Edited by fundiefun

I've also thought they must be raking in serious dough to put all their girls in such fancy outfits and also to be putting all four through thirteen years of private school (I'm betting that Jane Claire and Charlotte will also be going to Calvary Academy, and from what I've found out it is K-12 at least, maybe even including pre-K).

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

I've also thought they must be raking in serious dough to put all their girls in such fancy outfits and also to be putting all four through thirteen years of private school (I'm betting that Jane Claire and Charlotte will also be going to Calvary Academy, and from what I've found out it is K-12 at least, maybe even including pre-K).

I wonder if they get some kind of parishoner discount as well as a discount for so many number of siblings enrolled. I'm guessing the Pomeroys bring the church a fair decent amount of money as members by supporting the church's school and tithing. To kind of put myself out there I attend the same denomination church as this women but nobody outside of big holidays or general conference where you do show off with your better clothes dresses like this. EVen on the church website with past photos most members are in basic non flashy clothing nothing at all like Chelsea and her girls. I'm guessing they are an anomaly for their church and it isn't a church thing but a Chelsea thing.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I can’t find a tuition rate for the school. I’m wondering if they are expected to tithe a certain amount each week based upon the number of children attending the school or if the school is only open to members of the church. It’s odd that the school has no website, which makes me think all students must attend the church. If the families do pay yearly tuition, there usually is a discount for multiple children. Every Catholic school I taught in gave a discount for multiple students and a discount for being Catholic members of the parish. 

Calvary Academy is very small, according to everything I can find online. They have about 250 students in grades Pre-K through 12. I’m not sure how long the school has been in existence, so I’m not sure how established the school is and if they started with all the grades they offer now, or if they started with just a few grades and added more grades as the students aged. Most private or even some Catholic schools will start with pre-school through first or second grade and add a grade each year until they reach a certain grade (usually 8th for Catholic school & 6/7/8 or up to grade 12 for a private school.) The data for the school doesn’t rank the school too high, one site gave the school a C-  but I don’t know what criteria the website used to reach that grade. 

• Upvote 3

I can't imagine how long it takes to get all the daughters curled up and properly dressed/accessorized, plus however much time the mom takes for herself.  I tend to grab whatever's clean, and put my hair in a ponytail (minus bow, of course).

• Upvote 9

28 minutes ago, JMarie said:

I can't imagine how long it takes to get all the daughters curled up and properly dressed/accessorized, plus however much time the mom takes for herself.  I tend to grab whatever's clean, and put my hair in a ponytail (minus bow, of course).

I think she does most of the work the night before. The girls wear curlers to bed. And the clothing is probably laid out the night before. And no makeup of course. They probably eat in their PJs so they don't mess up their clothing. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I honestly can't get over the hairstyles. Why does a 6 year old need a curled updo to go to school?

Why would you pull back the hair so tightly it causes a receding hairline?

Why force a child into clothes they obviously hate ? Poor Abigail 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Just saw that the Account is now private. No more pouffy dresses and bows. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

29 minutes ago, Candydandy said:

Just saw that the Account is now private. No more pouffy dresses and bows

I can still see the account.

There is this on Chelseas sisters Instagram

Spoiler

sisters.thumb.PNG.585fb9e62b4d7834378f50545cbe8dec.PNG

She surely is joking about the coffee* for Caroline, oh please let her be joking.

And I think those dresses are a strange choice for a Sunday in November, they are more of  dresses for spring :in_my_humble_opinion:

*Well, I did drink coffee at that age but it was in rural northen Finland for almost 60 years ago and no one did know that it was not good for kids :coffee:

• Upvote 10

On 11/3/2017 at 6:00 AM, Candydandy said:

Dressing as Anne Frank woukd be fine if they treated her as a historical figure who suffered greatly and was a brave young girl. 

I'm actually surprised she was dressed as Anna Frank and not Corrie Ten Boom. The latter was more of a heroine in fundie circles when I was a kid because she was actively helping Jews to escape, not just hunkering down in an attic like the Franks. And also because she was a Christian, much more persecuted than Jews. /sarcasm

• Upvote 6

41 minutes ago, Pink Muffin said:

I can still see the account.

There is this on Chelseas sisters Instagram

Hide contents

sisters.thumb.PNG.585fb9e62b4d7834378f50545cbe8dec.PNG

She surely is joking about the coffee* for Caroline, oh please let her be joking.

And I think those dresses are a strange choice for a Sunday in November, they are more of  dresses for spring :in_my_humble_opinion:

*Well, I did drink coffee at that age but it was in rural northen Finland for almost 60 years ago and no one did know that it was not good for kids :coffee:

They look like they're dressed for Easter, especially with the white socks and shoes.  Yes, I know it's acceptable to wear white after Labor Day, but patent leather Mary Janes don't exactly scream "year round wear."

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, divadivine said:

I’m wondering if they are expected to tithe a certain amount each week based upon the number of children attending the school 

Tithing is the tenth of the income given to the church an offering is anything given above that amount. This would be different that anything given to the school for an education. 

• Upvote 2

Chelsea's sister's oldest daughter seems way too old to be wearing the same dress as a toddler. Some of the dresses with a duck print seems way too babyish for a girl her age and seems more appropriate for a two year-old. I wonder if she realizes other girls her age don't dress this way even at their church.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1