IGNORED

Chelsea Instagram

Milly-Molly-Mandy

What pictures I've seen of Chelsea make her dresses seem almost plain. Considering the poof of her daughters though... 

Does she dress in those house dresses all the time though? I am not a parent but with the children I work with I am moving around constantly, and I definitely notice I move easier and more comfortably when I wear pants to work versus when I (rarely) wear a dress. I think about that when I see modest mothers wearing house dresses all day.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

When I was growing up, there was a mom and daughter duo who matchy-matched from head (sausage curls! every day!) to toe, very similarly to these little girls.  I was mystified and uncomfortable then, wondering why a mom would do this (and I was only in elementary-junior high, but already psychoanalyzing, lol).  Like someone upthread wrote, my hairline hurts just looking at the photos of these children!

Edited by CTRLZero
To clarify that the matchy daughter was in high school, which somehow made it worse.
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

44 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

What pictures I've seen of Chelsea make her dresses seem almost plain. Considering the poof of her daughters though... 

Does she dress in those house dresses all the time though? I am not a parent but with the children I work with I am moving around constantly, and I definitely notice I move easier and more comfortably when I wear pants to work versus when I (rarely) wear a dress. I think about that when I see modest mothers wearing house dresses all day.

I think I saw pictures of the older girls wearing Chelsea's dresses knotted at the bottom. They looked like jersey knit dresses. I think she is skirts only. Chelsea probably wears those dresses around the home but dresses up in her Stepford Wives attire whenever she leaves home. 

• Upvote 5

Sweet Rufus! I just emerged after falling down the Chelsea instagram hole for about two hours. Those poor girls are her living dolls. Why does she insist on making Jane Claire sit on that damn urn for all those pictures? Poor girl. Abigail is going to be the Hellion! I can see that one altering her outfits and accidentally cutting her hair in her teen years. MG is the perfect child. Abigail is the unruly donut eater. Jane Claire is probably MG#2. Charlotte will assist Abigail in her antics. 

When the girls are allowed to dress themselves, they look cute and comfortable. Why not let them dress themselves and avoid all the hassle it takes to get them all dressed like perfect dolls? Oh, yeah, it’s all about image. I forgot.  

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1

What the hell? The woman gas some serious problem! Poor girl they seems so tired already of all this mess. How old are they? From the photo i suppose that the older (Abigail?) Is 9 or 10 in a couple of years she will be really embarazzed  (if she bit already) to have to dress like line a little living doll all match with her younger sister.

At least it seems to be a decent age gap between the girls...

Edited by Italiangirl
Fix autocorrector
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

I found this last night when I spent way too much time looking at this family. The girls are in the photos. Or is it the sisters girls? I only saw one photo of them.

http://daintyjewells.com/little-girls/

ETA: here is the Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/daintyjewells/

I think it’s the sister’s oldest  along with MG and Abigail. 

• Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, Firebird said:

My scalp is literally hurting just looking at those photos...oh the headaches that they must endure

I know. It looks so painful. I cannot stand my hair tight for any occasion.  Poor kids.

• Upvote 2

It looks like when they visit their grandma they wear normal clothing from photos of them in normal shirts and pajamas and she doesn't mess with their hair in curls. I think their grandma will be their safe haven as they age.

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, fundiefun said:

It looks like when they visit their grandma they wear normal clothing from photos of them in normal shirts and pajamas and she doesn't mess with their hair in curls. I think their grandma will be their safe haven as they age.

I noticed there was one post where G'ma was supposed to go to church with them, but one of the girls seemed worried she would "forget". I got the impression g'ma isn't part of their church other than going for special occasions.  I am not positive I am correct about this, but I am hoping she can be a happier influence on the girls than a life of awful hair.

• Upvote 4

On 10/28/2017 at 10:40 AM, Fascinated said:

K, I’m back. 

They go to school (good).

They voted for Trump (surprising).

The girls seem happy (good).

Mom must buy shoes in every size to keep passing them down, yet enable oldest to continue to match (obsessive).

They rarely wear the same dresses twice (crazy).

Mom refers to what they are wearing collectively as a dress (singular).

Those hairstyles have to hurt (bad).

Styles seem to have calmed down in the last year or so (good).

Early bows were absolute monstrosities (can’t even be called bows, really).

No response to multiple queries when expected boy baby turned out to be a girl baby (weird).

Baby was initially referred to by her middle name, but now by her first (both cute names).

Dad seems onside with decision to turn human children into dolls (nice).

They must spend multiple thousands on clothing and accessories (rich).

Monograms on dresses, headbands, purses, diaper covers, beds and front door (insane).

What the fuck (WTF).

I am agreeing with most of this, although maybe less about their finances. I am sure they are comfortable, but I don't know that I would say rich. I almost feel like she is making money off of this craziness. What is baby's middle name? The styles are not my thing at all, but sometimes they are cute for that type of style. NOT the hairstyles.

I did see the girls sledding on cardboard and Dad joined them. They were all dressed up and still sliding down a grassy hill on cardboard. That seems to be a good sign. As with their going to school, I was surprised by that. Clearly not a public school, so I think that is also for show. Now she can dress up uniforms and send them to a fancy school.

She also seems to use starters at every meal they have. I don't even own starters and am doubtful I ever will.

Edited by OtterRuletheWorld

I can't look away!  Girls that have this kind of bedroom end up as goths, surely?

Spoiler

And my favourite WTAF outfits...

Spoiler

They have lobster dresses to go to a lobster restaurant, because of course they do

Spoiler

Bows as big as their heads!

Spoiler

Free Abigail!

Spoiler

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1

I don't like how she referred to her daughter's pose as her "slimming pose" in the green Sunday Night party photo. That kind of talk will stick with them and effect them for years. 

Abigail seems to be the one she picks on a lot, perhaps the one with the most personality? 

And the pj post-- her daughter was waiting all year to wear pajamas to school... probably cause she thought she wouldn't have to get dolled up!

Edited by BabyBottlePop
Spelling
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

They dress like my sister's Samantha American Girl Doll-a children's toy that existed in fictionalized 1904. It's like the woman was never allowed to have a dollhouse as a child and now she's taking it out on her children. It's like an SVU episode. 

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

What I want to know is was Chelsea dressed like a doll as a child. Because she and her sister have all their children dressed up and even have that same monogram on the door-- but at least one grandma (not sure if it's the maternal one) was okay with taking the girls out in regular t-shirts. I guess I'm wondering if Chelsea didn't go through that why she and her sister seem to be doing things the same. 

And @TatertotAsserole, I feel like they made Samantha only for her outfits. I mean on the back of the books her description was "A Victorian beauty..." while the rest of the girls were described by things other than their looks. Later I got irritated that she's marketed as living in Victorian times, but she was actually during Edwardian. Yeah I'm a nerd. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

I fell down the rabbit hole with this last night...I had wanted to comment here, but was too busy GAWKING over these pictures.

This...this is a thing? Where do they live again?

The daughters are all cute as can be, but I don't understand the mom. Her face looks thin and pinched and I guess she doesn't look happy? I'm not sure, given how much she puts into how her daughters look, I was surprised that mom is not all dolled up herself but looks kind of plain? It might just be me.

I wanted to cry when I saw the bow training for the poor baby. That is just horrible. 

I don't understand how she is able to have such a clean house and have everything staged and ready all the time. I don't get the matchy-ness or even some of those outfits she makes the older daughter wear. Honestly, the rag-doll type dresses looked so childish for the older girls. I get dressing up like this (matchy, fancy handmade dresses) for Christmas, Easter, Mother's day and maybe even Thanksgiving. By all means, dress up for special holidays and family occasions. We are not a fancy dressing family, but both my family and in-laws have been known to do it during the holiday season (dresses, ties etc). But if I dressed myself and my daughter up to go to a pumpkin patch out here in the Midwest, we would get weird looks (as another Midwest person mentioned on here). 

I guess go to church 3-4 times a week if that's your bag (not mine). I don't get lobster dresses before eating a lobster dinner. That's just dumb. 

And I agree, it looks like they never wear the same dresses twice? What a waste! 

• Upvote 11

@BabyBottlePop

I haven't looked at those books in so long (16-ish years). I think I read all the books for the girls who existed when I was 6-9 years old (Felicity, Kirsten, Addy, Josefina, Samantha, and Molly). I had the Molly doll, books, and matching pajamas for me and the doll. At the time, Molly was the most "modern" American Girl and I didn't feel out of place wearing red striped PJ's or her Argyle sweater set in late '90s. Molly was also the doll who wore glasses like I did. My sister was into Samantha literally for her outfits. It was a phase and by the time she was 11, she had no interest in American Girl dolls, books, or the turn of the century aesthetic. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I read all of the books too! I liked Felicity and Kristen's books the most but I did enjoy Molly and Samantha's.  I could never decide which doll I wanted and by the time I got one, I was too old. 

I remember thinking that the dolls' little props would be my size. I don't know why I thought that since I knew how big the dolls were. I wanted Kit's typewriter cause I thought it would work.

Edited by BabyBottlePop
Autocorrect
  • Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

And the pj post-- her daughter was waiting all year to wear pajamas to school... probably cause she thought she wouldn't have to get dolled up!

What struck me about that one is there are photos of Abigail in perfectly normal (albeit very PINK!!!) sleepwear, and comments about her in her Hello Kitty nightie, and yet on "Pajama Day" she's in this pseudo-Victorian get-up with a ton of accessories and stupid hair.  I guess at least she didn't have to wear the curlers all day, but I'm not surprised Abigail was pissed off about it all.

• Upvote 10

@BabyBottlePop

My mom HATED the American Girl Dolls because of how expensive they were. Having multiple dolls/accessories was a bizarre status symbol in my hometown. She insisted my sister and I save up at least half the money for our own doll. My grandmother, thinking my mom was being too hard on us, bought us the matching clothes after we earned enough for the doll. She also took us to American Girl Place in Chicago when it opened for tea with our dolls. But that's what grandmas are for, I suppose :)

I just missed the boat on Kit. I think she came out just as I was outgrowing American Girl.

• Upvote 4

I have to say, I could really get into planning the snacks for a Trump themed party: Cheetos, Cheez Whiz  (orange faux cheese filled with hot air), orange candy circus peanuts, and orange whipped jello salad. Is that like eating an effigy?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 13

10 minutes ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

I have to say, I could really get into planning the snacks for a Trump themed party: Cheetos, Cheez Whiz  (orange faux cheese filled with hot air), orange candy circus peanuts, and orange whipped jello salad. Is that like eating an effigy?

Don't forget Fanta or Orange Crush soda for the beverage.  Orange Mac and cheese,  cheddar Ruffles potato chips...

Edited by WiseGirl
Clarity
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 3