IGNORED

Chelsea Instagram

Milly-Molly-Mandy

7 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Does anyone else think she has a closet full of clear plastic boxes, one for each color of hair bow/bonnet/socks?  Like "light pink" and "medium pink" and "hot pink" and so on?

I hope all the girls become auto mechanics when they grow up.  I want them to have flat hair and dirty fingernails.

Plastic storage? Oh heavens no! She would have these, complete with colour matched monogrammed labels for each child ;)

9B324ECA-E9C3-4E05-8F12-8CE87A2F36C3.png

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My mom told me that when I was a baby, it was fairly common to stick a tiny bow on the head of a hairless baby girl for pictures. Want to know how they made it stick? Corn syrup. I feel like Chelsy is that times 10.

Oh yeah, my parents did that with me in the late 90s. I was born in 1997 and was a rather bald baby. They used tape though.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is Chelsea's sister. She seems a tiny bit less over the top as Chelsea. 

Oops! That is what I get for drinking wine while Free Jinger-ing! 

• Upvote 5

I was a baldy too as a baby. Thank god my parents didn’t stick a bow or headband on me, I’d have looked ridiculous. I always think babies with headbands are daft. If they have hair, then maybe, but on a bald baby it’s just WTF.

• Upvote 4

Did anyone else see the newest post on the sister's instagram. ( I believe that's the olivia kate one) I guess the oldest daughter dressed up as Anne Frank with the yellow star and everything. It was for Historical Hero Day. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 3
  • WTF 14
  • Love 1

I'm on FJ too much, because I dreamed Chelsea tried to one-up the Anne Frank costume, and sent MG into school in a concentration camp uniform and curls.... I'm on FJ WAY too much...

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9

On 11/1/2017 at 12:12 PM, Firebird said:

Did anyone else see the newest post on the sister's instagram. ( I believe that's the olivia kate one) I guess the oldest daughter dressed up as Anne Frank with the yellow star and everything. It was for Historical Hero Day. 

Dear fucking lord. No. Just no. And her hair of course is curled perfectly with a nice bow, because that was totally Anne's priority. Every girl ever worthy of note must have perfect curls. And there are way more comments about how beautiful she looks than about Anne Frank. 

I support recognition of Anne Frank, but they're just going about it the wrong way. And seeing how other fundies twist the Holocaust, I don't trust these people to understand it and am very suspect of them trying to use it for their own gain. And some tool commented Anne Frank is one of her favorite "stories." And someone else said they dressed up like her too?

4 hours ago, Lurky said:

I'm on FJ too much, because I dreamed Chelsea tried to one-up the Anne Frank costume, and sent MG into school in a concentration camp uniform and curls.... I'm on FJ WAY too much...

Oh lord, don't give her any ideas.

Edited by HarryPotterFan
  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

Chelsea’s sister keeps posting photos that show her address. She mentions that her husband is in the FBI in one of the recent posts. I’m surprised he hasn’t mentioned that it’s probably not a great idea to post that. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

I wanted to scream about the Anne Frank outfit. I actually think the dressing up as Anne Frank part is not so bad-if you are a person who has researched and understood her. It's the fact that people are commenting on "when I was her age, I saw the play five times!" and calling it a story that pisses me off. Anne Frank can easily be admired for her guts by any girl, and I can see why they would relate and adore her writing. It's the weird thinking of this all as a "play" or a story, rather than a real girl. Like not applying all the life lessons and just seeing it as a dress-up opportunity with a star on her coat to accessorize. 

Also, WTF with the FBI blurb? I feel based on the way that "snuck out", it's as though she is trying to boast about her husband being in the FBI. Because why would you feel the need to put that in there, unless you want to make it known to the world "Oh, I'm an FBI agents wife"? That, coupled with the fact that her address can easily be found out, is very dumb. Is she not aware she and her family could be a target? 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 2

You can't have a historically accurate concentration camp outfit if the person wearing it has huge poofy curls - they all had their heads shaved for lice reasons. Even the idea would make Chelsea curl up in the foetal position wailing.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, mstee said:

Chelsea’s sister keeps posting photos that show her address. She mentions that her husband is in the FBI in one of the recent posts. I’m surprised he hasn’t mentioned that it’s probably not a great idea to post that. 

In this day and age, it makes my skin crawl to hear that.  I have been stalked, it's not fun and it's not something to minimize.  She may not want to realize it, but she is putting herself and her family in a terribly risky situation

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Giving it some thought its not shocking that Chelsea's kids are in school. All of the pentecostals I knew although devout with their clothing and long hair all usually attend some kind of school and go to college and work jobs as soon as they are of age. They usually aren't homeschoolers either and aren't big on the isolation away from the world stuff like the Duggars variety of fundie.

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, Briefly said:

In this day and age, it makes my skin crawl to hear that.  I have been stalked, it's not fun and it's not something to minimize.  She may not want to realize it, but she is putting herself and her family in a terribly risky situation

Yeah. And I feel creepy saying it, but the way her and Chelsea dress up those girls and post so many pictures, there could definitely be some creeps looking at their instagrams. Having their address out there is just crazy. And with her husband being in the FBI you’d think he’d emphasize being careful on social media. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

I will just say this it was not hard to figure out what school her kids go to school and with so many photos and distinct school uniforms if someone unhinged could do whatever they wish that information. I would at least scale back on tagging my church and my kids uniforms if they are that identifying for the area they live in. 

8 minutes ago, mstee said:

Yeah. And I feel creepy saying it, but the way her and Chelsea dress up those girls and post so many pictures, there could definitely be some creeps looking at their instagrams. Having their address out there is just crazy. And with her husband being in the FBI you’d think he’d emphasize being careful on social media. 

It's crazy to think how much personal information she has shared willingly from her church to her girls school with how distinct their unifroms are it wouldn't be hard for the wrong person to find them at all. 

• Upvote 10

13 minutes ago, fundiefun said:

I will just say this it was not hard to figure out what school her kids go to school and with so many photos and distinct school uniforms if someone unhinged could do whatever they wish that information. I would at least scale back on tagging my church and my kids uniforms if they are that identifying for the area they live in. 

It's crazy to think how much personal information she has shared willingly from her church to her girls school with how distinct their unifroms are it wouldn't be hard for the wrong person to find them at all. 

Yep. As I said before she mentions in Mary Grace's end-of-year awards post "thanks to Calvary Academy". We know she lives in Arkansas so all I had to do was google "calvary academy arkansas". There's no website but there is an (unofficial) FB page with not much on it.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, unholypoledancer said:

I wanted to scream about the Anne Frank outfit. I actually think the dressing up as Anne Frank part is not so bad-if you are a person who has researched and understood her. It's the fact that people are commenting on "when I was her age, I saw the play five times!" and calling it a story that pisses me off. Anne Frank can easily be admired for her guts by any girl, and I can see why they would relate and adore her writing. It's the weird thinking of this all as a "play" or a story, rather than a real girl. Like not applying all the life lessons and just seeing it as a dress-up opportunity with a star on her coat to accessorize. 

Also, WTF with the FBI blurb? I feel based on the way that "snuck out", it's as though she is trying to boast about her husband being in the FBI. Because why would you feel the need to put that in there, unless you want to make it known to the world "Oh, I'm an FBI agents wife"? That, coupled with the fact that her address can easily be found out, is very dumb. Is she not aware she and her family could be a target? 

EX-FUCKING-ACTLY!!!! Her life is not some nice story, it's not some cute play for you to joyfully remember with happy emojis. She's a real person, someone who had guts and retained her faith in humanity despite the damn Nazis.

And the blasting her address all over the internet is just so so stupid. 

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

You can't have a historically accurate concentration camp outfit if the person wearing it has huge poofy curls - they all had their heads shaved for lice reasons. Even the idea would make Chelsea curl up in the foetal position wailing.

These two dolts probably think that's he most upseting fact about the Holocaust. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

These two dolts probably think that's he most upseting fact about the Holocaust. 

I bet they don't even know the prisoners were made to shave their heads and there is a museum that has their hair. They were reduced from people to things, where everything from hair to bones to fat was to serve a purpose. Nope, just pretty pictures with matching clothes!

Even the beautiful Audrey Hepburn, who had a Baroness for a mother, suffered and starved. The ignorance makes me soooo ragey! :tw_rage:

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

On 10/28/2017 at 5:28 AM, Gobsmacked said:

Even the pumpkins have pink bows!

Seriously, even the dog! 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I support recognition of Anne Frank, but they're just going about it the wrong way. And seeing how other fundies twist the Holocaust, I don't trust these people to understand it and am very suspect of them trying to use it for their own gain. And some tool commented Anne Frank is one of her favorite "stories." And someone else said they dressed up like her too?

Story? Do these people even live in the real world? 

Btw, at age of 15 I would've dressed like Anne Frank for historical heroes day. Not with curled hair, though. 

• Upvote 7

I think what bothered me most is they cutesied up Anne Frank which makes her seem less of a hero and more of a Halloween costume which is downright disrespectful.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

Dressing as Anne Frank woukd be fine if they treated her as a historical figure who suffered greatly and was a brave young girl. Maybe the curls and bow could have been left out for one day?? Is the daughter old enough to even understand the Anne Frank "story"?  I din't think so. That is the problem - ignoring the history and using Anne as a cute dress up. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I don’t even want to think about how long it takes to get all that hair done before school every morning! One of the things my mom liked about having girls was getting to dress us up and do our hair, but even she kept that mostly just for special occasions (unless one of us wanted to dress up just because, like I did sometimes).

I also went to a private school for a few years, complete with uniforms, and theirs must be a lot less strict in that regard than mine was. While I don’t remember the exact rules as far as clothes and accessories, in general things weren’t supposed to be over the top, so I doubt the giant hair bows wouldn’t have been allowed. Pretty sure the red shoes some of the girls are wearing in one of the pictures wouldn’t have been allowed either (iirc, shoes had to be either black or brown dress shoes, or you could wear athletic shoes if the main color was black or white).

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Seriously, even the dog! 

My lhasa wears a bow from time to time lol Don't worry, it's not a daily thing and she's usually running around with a messy hairdo. :P

Spoiler

IMG_8543.thumb.JPG.cae79d523660df1102d1b54c6374e7dc.JPG

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 9

22 hours ago, Briefly said:

The addresses on her and her sister's page make me cringe each time I see them. 

• Upvote 3