IGNORED

Chelsea Instagram

Milly-Molly-Mandy

Okay, the curls are giving me flashbacks to the mid 70s, when I'd have to sleep in curlers so my mom could put my hair in banana curls. I hope to Zlod that curlers are more comfortable now, because it was like sleeping on a sack of rocks.
Once I got to be in fourth grade, my mom let me cut off my hair and it was a HUGE relief. Not sure of the ages of the participants here, but DAMN those curls, bows, and scraped-back hair makes me think of the 70s and Catholic school - the uniforms meant the only way our mothers could express their style was our hair. Hell, even the saddle shoes are straight out of the Sacred Heart School for Girls, circa 1978.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1

3 hours ago, Firebird said:

yeah chelsea's new instagram is private. Her old one is still open to the public.

So strange, I can see two accounts for her,  what´s her new Instagrams name? 

• Upvote 1

They're very similar names, I think one is "chelseapomeroy" and the other "chelsea pomeroy".

6 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

They're very similar names, I think one is "chelseapomeroy" and the other "chelsea pomeroy".

The private one is 'chelsea_pomeroy'

Knew I’d get it wrong, they’re so bloody similar :pb_lol: 

There isn’t really much to say about Chelsea though. Another day, another photo of her girls in ridiculous outfits.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Pink Muffin said:

So strange, I can see two accounts for her,  what´s her new Instagrams name? 

She's definitely gone private on the Chelsea_Pomeroy account. Did you follow her before she went private? If so, that explains why you can still see what she posts. (But you can't post the pictures here as long as her account is private.)

• Upvote 6

@Pink Muffin. like you I've been a coffee drinker since I was a little kid and, like you,  I'm shocked at the picture and talk of baby Caroline being given coffee.  

• Upvote 4

I wonder how long she will keep it private for non-followers and I wonder why she decided to make the account private.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

I wonder how long she will keep it private for non-followers and I wonder why she decided to make the account private.

She probably found this thread. In my experience, people that invest in their social media presence and the opinions of others do fairly regular google searches on themselves. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

As we said in the Yuku days, “This is why we can’t have nice things.”

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

To be fair, it's probably for the best for the kids.  After all, they were stupidly easy to track down.  Sad for us, but better for the girls.

• Upvote 25
  • Love 1

Damn, I can't see the pictures anymore, I'm not on Instagram and I doubt she'd allow me into her doll museum anyway. But I'm confused about these girls. There appears to be four but there seems to be too may names for just four. MG(Mary Grace?) Charlotte. The oldest one, I think. Abigail. Something Bea? Some other name I've forgotten. And in some pictures the oldest looks possibly fourteen or so but in other picture more like eight or nine.That baby doesn't seem to be getting older at the same pace. I need a primer!

This is one of those times that I'm really happy they have made their accounts private, even if those mamas got their little feelers hurt by our snark. 

They were posting all those pictures of their children and their addresses?  Seriously!  Do these people have no common sense at all?

I'll won't miss all the pictures of small children dressed in bows, curls, uncomfortable clothing, and badly fitting shoes at all.

I will miss Abigail's justifiably annoyed little face though.  I was almost as fond of her expressions as I am of Davia's WTF looks and Olivia R's disgruntlement.  Free those kids!

2 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

MG(Mary Grace?) Charlotte. The oldest one, I think. Abigail.

I'm pretty sure Abigail was #2 daughter and Charlotte was the giant baby.  Mary Grace may have been #3.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

@GrumpyGran I think you're mixing up Chelsea's and her sister's kids.

Chelsea's four kids are, in order of age, Mary Grace (often refered to as MG), Abigail, Jane Claire and Charlotte (who was refered to by her middle name Eloise for a while). Her sister's three kids are Olivia Kate (who is the eldest of them all at about 11 I think), Caroline and Lucille Beatrice (often shortened to Lucy Bea).

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

Damn. This is why I waited so long to post on FJ and didn’t use her name in the title. 

Luckily i am following them but honesty as PP said there is not much more to say after the initial delightful discovery. 

I just enjoy looking at the pretty dresses and if I lived in the USA I would totally buy some secondhand from them for my daughter. I was even thinking of asking to buy the Anne of green gables costume for book week. My daughter is 6 months old. I’m pathetic but such a fan of Anne :)

• Upvote 9

In Chelsea's latest IG post, she ha posted videos of the oldest two singing. They are wearing nightgowns and have their hair loose. Both girls' hair easily goes to their hips but is very thin and damaged. I was struck by how tightly she must curl their hair each night for it to appear as short as it does. 

I know that many Pentecostal women will never cut their hair but I have always found it odd that they think the long, damaged split ends is prettier than a nice healthy head of hair that is still kept long.  They believe a woman's hair is her crowning glory but they don't really take care of it.  I think that is why they curl it and pin it into elaborate styles - to hide the damage. 

On another note, what I can't get over with the outfits is ALL THE SHOES. Those girls have a HUUUUUUGE shoe collection and you can tell they are not standard department store styles. Their family is clearly quite wealthy or they are living with massive credit card debt. 

• Upvote 8

I wonder if they wear those costumes (because some of them are so over the top I don’t think you can call them outfits) more than once? 

The Instagram where they sell items often has shoes (that you’ve seen with different outfits) listed as “never worn.” So do they order multiple sizes and just resell what doesn’t fit? 

Some of the outfits can’t be resold because they have the girl’s names embroidered on them. At least the sister’s daughters seemed to have a lot of customized dresses. 

Insane! Don’t even get me started on the purses. A 3 year old doesn’t need a purse to match their outfit. Okay, I did give my goddaughter a purse for her first birthday. It was Hello Kitty from Target and I think it cost US$7. It gave her a bag to stuff full of her things. And it kept her from dragging everyone else’s bags off. She stuffed her purse with all kinds of trinkets- an old remote (thanks to my Mom, the old remote hoarder), bouncy balls, blocks, big bracelets, and cookie cutters- She drug that purse behind her and crawled off through the house. I have some feeling the Tiny Victorian Dolls wouldn’t be allowed to do such a thing with their purses. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

34 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

In Chelsea's latest IG post, she ha posted videos of the oldest two singing. They are wearing nightgowns and have their hair loose. Both girls' hair easily goes to their hips but is very thin and damaged. I was struck by how tightly she must curl their hair each night for it to appear as short as it does. 

I know that many Pentecostal women will never cut their hair but I have always found it odd that they think the long, damaged split ends is prettier than a nice healthy head of hair that is still kept long.  They believe a woman's hair is her crowning glory but they don't really take care of it.  I think that is why they curl it and pin it into elaborate styles - to hide the damage. 

On another note, what I can't get over with the outfits is ALL THE SHOES. Those girls have a HUUUUUUGE shoe collection and you can tell they are not standard department store styles. Their family is clearly quite wealthy or they are living with massive credit card debt. 

It's not about how it looks, it's about the religious conviction. It's not even a matter of "long" but literally "not cut". So very long but trimmed of split ends is less holy than shoulder length but uncut hair. 

• Upvote 7

This has been an interesting rabbit hole. The girls look quite cute in those outfits. I'm still amazed by the quantity of clothes. They must change outfits a couple of times a day. I'm amazed the girls out up with all that dressing up and hair nonsense. Even their night clothes look staged.

• Upvote 3

Long time lurker, first time poster and of course I waited too long. This was a really interesting thread to follow and the instagram was really great too. I am happy that she has gone private though. I grew up in the same city where she likely lives and I passed their school everyday on my way to my own (I could actually see it from my high school building).

Just an interesting tidbit about that school. It is actually the old Pentecostal church. It is a really huge building. I don't know when they started their private school, but I do know that the church recently (>10 years) built an even bigger (really massive is the correct word) building that is now the church building and the other one is just for the school. These building are located just off of the main highway through the city. In fact the area is where all our highways/freeways cross each other. The church is regularly used as a landmark by our local news to tell where an accident has occurred/gauge traffic in the area. I found the photo of her daughter at kindergarten (?) graduation on the billboard rather scary for that reason.

It well known that the Pentecostals in this area all have a lot of money/are well off, but that could just be speculation I have heard all my life since I personally don't know any. They seem to stick to themselves.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

I am VERY happy for the girls' sake that it is now private.  On a side note, how funny is it that she likely found this thread and got freaked out by the snark?

• Upvote 14