IGNORED

Maxwell 14: Editing Out Fun-Loving

Coconut Flan

14 hours ago, singsingsing said:

You are amazing! Thank you! :D 

Your welcome! Let me know if you need more - I have everything but Elissa's actually birth date. 

They are really keeping a tight lip on Elissa and Joe's new baby. When asked about the due date, Sarah just says "the first quarter of next year". That's any time between January and April. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Kinda shocked that Elissa is wearing some sort of sassy-sloganed maternity shirt in that photo. I'm sure Steve doesn't approve of such things.

I was surprised that she was wearing that for a family photo. She looks adorable but I guess I always think she is the type to plan a bit of coordination and a special outfit for something like a maternity photo shoot. 

So - my conspiracy theory brain has gone into overdrive and I think Steve sprung this on them when they happened to be visiting one day.

"WE NEED A PHOTO NOW!!! The world knows she's pregnant! Get thee to the Garden of Steven and snappeth some photos or WO UNTO THEE!"  

I Think the same thing happened with the Maxwell engagement photos of John and Chelsy. Those just looked like poor Chelsy was forced into that long skirt. 

21 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Your welcome! Let me know if you need more - I have everything but Elissa's actually birth date. 

They are really keeping a tight lip on Elissa and Joe's new baby. When asked about the due date, Sarah just says "the first quarter of next year". That's any time between January and April. 

That's more specific than we got with Josh and Anna and their "later this year," though.

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So do Melanie and Nathan have the exact same type of house as John? Because in this picture it looks like it. 

IMG_5350.PNG

Gosh Nate does like to camp it up..... I hope his Sausage is not going to explode like the Mody books guy did, Mel looks like she is going to catch it - oh they are apples.....

54 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

They sure love their little secrets... makes me wonder what else they conceal. There is something a little sadistic about keeping their followers guessing all the time.

If they wanted more privacy, why don't they just stop blogging? The content is as heavily edited as North Korean propaganda anyway. And Sarah seems pretty over it. She barely writes full sentences in her latest posts. 

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So do Melanie and Nathan have the exact same type of house as John? Because in this picture it looks like it. 

IMG_5350.PNG

Probably the entire subdivision has those houses and maybe one or two other house plans. Very typical in the Midwest.

53 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

She barely writes full sentences in her latest posts. 

I just thought that was trying to be a trendy blogger.... As to secrets.....bwhaahhaha oh the secrets. The hours of prayer for a wrong look! The days of fasting for a misspoken word to Daddy. ......I HOPE not, but....

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Get thee to the Garden of Steven and snappeth some photos or WO UNTO THEE!"  

I just snorted--at work--over Garden of Steven!!!! 1!!

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Leave it to the Maxwells to make something as exciting as a new family member sound like a business merger. Most of us would just say "late winter" or "early spring." Who the heck thinks in quarters outside of a corporate office?

On 11/6/2017 at 4:14 AM, lilith said:

I bet Sarah posts some condescending drivel about posting that pic and wondering if a keen eyed reader would pick out the bump as a kind of clever announcement. 

You nailed it, btw, @lilith

Spoiler

"Yes, you got the hint on the last post. Joseph and Elissa are expecting. Praising the Lord for this new little life."

Also, like someone else upthread, I was totally annoyed by Sarah's statement regarding "John and Chelsy working on his house" - so much so that I posted an innocent comment asking if it isn't "their" house since he bought it for their marriage. As of 12 hours later, it has not been published, though about 13 others have...oh well, at least a few of those they did publish mention how great it is that J&C are working on "their" house together.

Well, legally it's as much her house as his as soon as she moves in after marriage. If there's ever a divorce, Steve will be spitting nails at how much the ex-wives get (and I hope they hire SHARKS -- but I also hope no kid ever has to go through the trauma of a divorce, so I'm very much NOT wishing divorce on anyone.)

Elissa, Calia, and Joseph look fairly well coordinated in that picture, so that may actually have been a deliberate choice. It's also a good picture -- Sarah is a decent photographer, and the whole family does look like they're happy and healthy and enjoying life.

You can't convince me that Chelsy was drywalling in that outfit: it's far too nice and the sunglasses are a dead giveaway that she just arrived. John is covered in dust, but she looks very soignee. She probably posed for the photo then went to change and put her hair up before starting work.

42 minutes ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Elissa, Calia, and Joseph look fairly well coordinated in that picture, so that may actually have been a deliberate choice. It's also a good picture -- Sarah is a decent photographer, and the whole family does look like they're happy and healthy and enjoying life.

You know; you are right. It is a very well coordinated group photo. I was distracted by the letters on her shirt but they do look very nice. I wish I knew what the shirt said. Also, I think Calia's boots are adorable!!  Her little wardrobe is definitely trendy and quite cute, in my opinion. 

Elissa carried quite small with Calia, so I think she could be due in early January based on her current belly size. But some women like that are bigger with their second pregnancies b/c the abdominal muscles are looser. Anyway, I think she looks about the same size now that she did at 8 months pregnant with Calia, but it also looks like she was carrying more on the sides with Calia so that makes things look different. Here she is 8 months pregnant with Calia:

https://blog.titus2.com/2015/09/06/happy-1st-anniversary-joseph-and-elissa-maxwell/

On 11/6/2017 at 10:33 PM, anjulibai said:

7. 1992 - she was 22 when she got married to Joseph

I found a couple people finder sites which list Elissa's current age as 26. Sometimes all those sites have conflicting ages for people, but if they're right and you're right, then she turned 23 within two months of the wedding, so her birthday would be anywhere from 9/7/91 to 11/7/91. How/when did FJers establish that Elissa was 22 when she got married? I must've missed that discussion.

3 minutes ago, Corntree said:

Elissa carried quite small with Calia, so I think she could be due in early January based on her current belly size. But some women like that are bigger with their second pregnancies b/c the abdominal muscles are looser. Anyway, I think she looks about the same size now that she did at 8 months pregnant with Calia, but it also looks like she was carrying more on the sides with Calia so that makes things look different. Here she is 8 months pregnant with Calia:

https://blog.titus2.com/2015/09/06/happy-1st-anniversary-joseph-and-elissa-maxwell/

I found a couple people finder sites which list Elissa's current age as 26. Sometimes all those sites have conflicting ages for people, but if they're right and you're right, then she turned 23 within two months of the wedding, so her birthday would be anywhere from 9/7/91 to 11/7/91. How/when did FJers establish that Elissa was 22 when she got married? I must've missed that discussion.

No idea where I got it, it's been a few a few years. Anyone have anything/

11 minutes ago, Corntree said:

That wedding was so under the radar that FJers had their work cut out for them.  I'm no help either, I'm afraid.

Needless to say, the Maxwells' Thanksgiving meal sounds as boring as fuck. Only 1 salad and 1 vegetable?

Being Australian, I've never experienced Thanksgiving, but at least for Christmas meals, for me the vegetables are the best part.  I always make at least 4 veg dishes, and there's usually only the four of us there. 

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

Needless to say, the Maxwells' Thanksgiving meal sounds as boring as fuck. Only 1 salad and 1 vegetable?

Especially since the salad is a very fattening, not terribly healthy 7 layer salad.  I love 'em too, but they don't count towards a veggie in my mind.

And, oh look!  The salad recipe Teri links to is the infamous pizza cutter for lettuce post!  That was posted in December, 2015!  I think it's well passed time to follow that up like you promised, Sarah.

Also, they don't do cranberry sauce or sweet potatoes (two of my favorites, but to each their own), so, what exactly do they have?

Two meats, rolls, 1 veggie, 1 "salad" and, grudgingly, two desserts.

Yeah, boring as fuck sounds about right.

I bet that 1 veggie is a potato as well. Does not count. 

For all their boasting of super organised status, they're not even fucking trying. The potatoes and meats could be just thrown in the oven, very little prep required. Desserts could be made ahead. It's really nothing for four women to do, when none of them work. That they're making large amounts of everything doesn't give them sudden domestic goddess status. 

Apparently, "guests" (come on Teri, we know you only have family over, no one else) bring other dishes, like sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce. Grudgingly, it sounds. 

So Teri goes through the trouble of having a Thanksgiving file on her computer where she records everything that happened each year and the meal isn't even very complicated? Wow. What DO the Maxwells do all day? *stares off in amazement that this family blogs*

Life shouldn't always be about simplifying, organizing, making more efficient. 

I like my Thanksgivings long, complicated, chaotic, delicious, disorganized, full of warmth and laughter. But then again we drink wine. 

My sil make those rolls, we call them butt rolls, right up there with deviled eggs. And they cant make the ham there because they don't have room? If I walked into thanksgiving and there weren't mashed potatoes there would be hell to pay.  The first question is always who's making the mashed potatoes.    

Menu: Turkey, ham, stuffing, 7 layer salad and two desserts... what a bore-ass thanksgiving... 

Poor Chelsy is used to good flavorful food. Thanksgiving is going to suck if she goes to the Maxwells. 

We eat way too many carbs at my family thanksgiving. Mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, rolls, noodles, not to mention all the dessert. 

I understand wanting to be organized for a holiday meal but Teri just makes it sound like such a chore. Plus, she's not preparing for a huge crowd; although it doesn't seem like she would change anything regardless of the number of guests. 

On the other hand - and to be fair -  it probably is a chore for her. She probably gets very overwhelmed with this kind of thing even though she has a gazillion adults at the compound to take over the majority of the work. I actually empathize with her and admire her a bit. If her depression and anxiety make things like this seem daunting, at least she gets up and just keeps going. I know how hard that can be. Maybe she is one of those people who secretly wishes she could just ignore the holidays but that is not going to fly at the Maxwell house. 

My family has the standards every year that my brothers and I expect, but they add something or make something different every year. We drink wine and have appetizers and catch up since we don’t spend every waking second together and eat and then everyone kind of does their own thing after. There’s always tons of food. Teri, life is NOT as complicated as you make it especially since you don’t work or “homeschool” anymore. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived