IGNORED

Maxwell 14: Editing Out Fun-Loving

Coconut Flan

IDK.  I'm not sure that's a picture of Abby touching Elissa's stomach (although I agree it's a strange looking pose/picture).

I think it *might* be Calia face down on her mom's lap hiding her face in the couch.  Or I'm completely wrong!  :pb_lol:

In other news, one of Anna's gifts was a flannel shirt.  Apparently a gal can never have too many of those.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking closely at the picture, it does look like Abi is feeling a baby bump. It wouldn't surprise me if Joe and Elissa didn't want to announce every single thing on the Maxwell blog. I wouldn't either! 

More i look at the photo and more i think is a baby bump. The way Abby has the hands on there seems really like she is feeling a baby kicking. Are the maxwell use to announce a pregnancy or they just show picture of the woman with the bump? I'm still knew on the maxhell thread   

That's a baby bump, it's her shirt, Calia's clothes have different colors. At least she has better spacing than NR Anna.

That's definitely a baby bump. She's well over due, so it's not surprising. I was beginning to think that maybe they were having some fertility issues, but I guess not. 

I think Joseph and Elissa just don't want to be on the blog that much. Why, who knows, but I think it's good for them. 

Comments on the birthday post confirm that Elissa is pregnant.  She looks pretty far along, probably due early next year.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

So is this hot John taking the pic  (picture #2) in this Bontrager post?  http://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/

Yes. And it's most likely he took the group picture as well. He must have gone back with Chelsy and Allison from Kansas. How much you want to bet Chelsy drove alone with John in his car? But don't tell Steve.

3 minutes ago, fundiefollower said:

Comments on the birthday post confirm that Elissa is pregnant.  She looks pretty far along, probably due early next year.

Sarah is saying, "you caught the announcement."

I am curious as to why they treat news from Joes family so differently. They don't say happy anniversary to them. They don't say happy birthday to Calia. They don't announce her pregnancy on her own post. I am thinking that Jolissa keep more to themselves and that's why they aren't on the blog as much. I hope Johnsy are the same. 

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

So is this hot John taking the pic  (picture #2) in this Bontrager post?  http://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/

He must have driven Chelsy and Allison back from Kansas.  I hope he enjoyed the party.  That post needs proofing.  They ate "graden salad" and Dad jumped "a food in the air."

As an aside:  I always wince when I see the header picture on that blog.  It's as though all those piercing Bontrager eyes are going to steal your soul.:mouse-shock:

2 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

He must have driven Chelsy and Allison back from Kansas.  I hope he enjoyed the party.  That post needs proofing.  They ate "graden salad" and Dad jumped "a food in the air."

As an aside:  I always wince when I see the header picture on that blog.  It's as though all those piercing Bontrager eyes are going to steal your soul.:mouse-shock:

Chelsy and Allison drove together (there was a picture and talking about the girls trip to Kansas). So either John drove separately and followed them back by himself or he and Chelsy rode back together while Allison drove alone. Because otherwise a car would be left at the Maxwells. 

I agree about those eyes. They look like eyes from The Children of the Damned. Imagine Johnsy's children. A cold chill just ran up my spine. 

12 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Heck, when I was seven and spent a month in Germany with my cousin, I felt so lost and awkward when she and her friends talked about German pop stars they liked and I had no idea who they were. Thank god for American cultural imperialism because everyone knew about the Backstreet Boys.

When I first came to Germany, people were surprised that I knew about German bands like Unhelig - though I was just as surprised to find out they aren't really a "gothic" band and that middle class family types listen to them!

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sarah is saying, "you caught the announcement."

And what a subtle announcement. :pb_lol: That bump can't be denied but I hope Joe and Elissa gave Sarah permission to confirm the pregnancy.  

I am curious as to why they treat news from Joes family so differently. They don't say happy anniversary to them. They don't say happy birthday to Calia. They don't announce her pregnancy on her own post. I am thinking that Jolissa keep more to themselves and that's why they aren't on the blog as much. I hope Johnsy are the same.

Hold on to your hats - I'm about to say something almost positive about the Maxwells!

I suspect Dad (and therefore Sarah) are respecting firm boundaries set by Joseph and Elissa.  And good for them, if that is so. 

However, I don't think the lack of news and and baby announcements is necessarily an indicator that Joe and Elissa are pulling away from the Borg any more than Nathan and Christopher's families have done.  More's the pity.

My theory is that the collapse of Joseph's, much publicized by Titus2, engagement to Elizabeth Munck was both traumatic and humiliating for him.   And why shouldn't it be.  So I think he who wants privacy, and the right not to have his family life exploited by Dad's blog as written by Sarah.

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope Johnsy are the same. 

They seem to prefer having the Bonts make their announcements. ;)

Tina has glasses now, according to the photos and to a comment reply. None of her family have them (not sure about Teri, she was photographed without them in old photos and I don't know if she was wearing contacts or if she wears them for age-related reasons). She looks cute in them. 

I wish Sarah would respect NRAnna's privacy about her damn varicose veins! Why the hell does she post about them on the blog if she even says Anna doesn't like them!

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wish Sarah would respect NRAnna's privacy about her damn varicose veins! Why the hell does she post about them on the blog if she even says Anna doesn't like them!

She is "extended family" so the rules about privacy might not apply like they do with her brother. But then again, didn't her brother become "extended family" after he moved from the Headshits home?

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Between the Bontrager piercing eyes and the Maxwell intense, crazy eyes, I'm getting nervous for Chelsy and John's future kids!

1. Anna's Birthday--what is a "balloon apron?"

2. FREE THE CAT!!!!

3. Steve-o must be freaking out. The Bontragers allow fun like Donut Day! John will be a fun-loving heathen.

1 hour ago, nomoxian said:

She is "extended family" so the rules about privacy might not apply like they do with her brother. But then again, didn't her brother become "extended family" after he moved from the Headshits home?

Yes, when they marry brothers become "extended family."

I think Sarah will continue to gossip about NR Anna's varicose veins unless, or until, Christopher puts his foot down.  NR Anna's opinion won't count.

Christina and her glasses are really adorable.

12 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

what is a "balloon apron?"

An apron with special places to stash balloon-making equipment. 

And Teri: Dog food is bad for cats.  And let that poor kitty indoors!  Why make Arnold sleep in the cold garage when you are obviously enamored by him.  I bet he'd be a more cuddly bed companion than Steve.  Just saying.

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Tina has glasses now, according to the photos and to a comment reply. None of her family have them (not sure about Teri, she was photographed without them in old photos and I don't know if she was wearing contacts or if she wears them for age-related reasons). She looks cute in them. 

God in His Wisdom is teaching the Maxwells about Difference! about Otherness!

Seriously Dads and Mom's Corner encouragements (direct to my inbox) will surely soon address the advent of this marvelous strangeness in Maxheaven....  

And Sarah's "Tina's Glasses" blog post will close accordingly:

"The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God."

19 Leviticus 34

prediction for 2018:  Ellie and Arnold run away together to shack up with a raccoon and some ferrets in an open relationship.  Steve is furious that E & A have turned their backs on God (Steve) and removes any mention of them from the blog.  Meanwhile, the critters live happy and productive lives even though Arnold is the de facto headship; he is a cat, after all.

Tina's five so she'll have just started kindergarten so I'm not surprised they've picked this up recently. Ya gotta be able to read the Bible. 

38 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

And Teri: Dog food is bad for cats.  And let that poor kitty indoors!  Why make Arnold sleep in the cold garage when you are obviously enamored by him.  I bet he'd be a more cuddly bed companion than Steve.  Just saying.

Make an idol of cat like the ancients? No! NO! NOOOOOO! lol I'm still shocked they got a dog and kept it. Maybe because it can be made to obey?

Hey guys, I'm adding the Maxwells to my spreadsheet, and I have a few questions that I haven't been able to find the answers to yet:

1. Is Steve's full name Steve or Steven?

2. Does Steve have a middle name?

3. Does Teri have a middle name?

4. Do we know Teri's maiden name?

5. Do we know Anna Marie's birthday?

6. Does Elissa have a middle name?

7. Do we know Elissa's birthday (or even birth year)?

8. Does Mary have a middle name?

John’s smile reaches his eyes when he’s with the Bontrager’s. He seems to enjoy fun and I hope they spend more time with them and that house he bought will be flipped later and they move closer to her family. One can hope...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived