IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 6: Sitting in a tree...M.A.R.R.I.E.D!

samurai_sarah

Does anyone else think Mrs. Caldwell looks just like Anna Camp (actress from The Help)?

Also, this is my first time doing spoilers so my apologies if it doesn't work!

Spoiler

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.609552d4a506713a6f097f3297694840.jpg

Spoiler

image.png.cc0aedcfb7284a4bfb403f20c95df6ec.png

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, ModestisHottest said:

Does anyone else think Mrs. Caldwell looks just like Anna Camp (actress from The Help)?

Hide contents

Hide contents

Your pic of Anna Camp didn't work but I looked her up and you'r right.  They could be sisters!

Joe and Kendra are cute and all, but I can't get over the fact that they included Turdface in their wedding party. I repeat: they included the man who hurt Joe's sisters badly and has shown absolutely no remorse about it. Isn't it enough that he will be at the wedding? Is there some kind of rule in their fucked up family that says that only if you have been personally victimized by Joshley you get to exclude him from your wedding party? It's not like everyone of Joe's 17 other siblings were included either.

I have no idea whose idea all this was, or if JoKen felt pressured to include Fuckface or not. But to me it looks like Joe didn't respect his four sisters (especially Jinger, since they are so close) a lot when making this choice.  The lawsuit shows that Josh's actions are all but forgiven so there's no need to play the "we have to show them how much we have forgiven him" card anymore, right? 

Considering Joe cried over what Josh did on national television, I have to question whether or not if it was his idea in the first place or if Kim Jong Boob made him do it.

6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Considering Joe cried over what Josh did on national television, I have to question whether or not if it was his idea in the first place or if Kim Jong Boob made him do it.

Yes probably a publicity stunt to make it look like all is well in Camp Duggar.

The Duggar girls all included one or sometimes two brothers in their wedding parties, never including Josh, even though Jill and Jessa were married before the molestation scandal was public knowledge. Joe included all of his brothers in his wedding and it would have appeared strange to them to exclude Josh since he was forgiven by his sisters and by Anna for his later transgressions. Of course Joe has forgiven him too.

4 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Yes probably a publicity stunt to make it look like all is well in Camp Duggar.

A publicity stunt for whom, though? The actual attendees of the wedding who are already of a similar mindset to the Duggars themselves regarding the Josh-scandals to start with?

It's certainly not aimed at the wider public, because TLC and the media have been trying *really* hard to hide the fact that Josh was even there, let alone in the wedding. Though since the pics and videos from the Duggars themselves do show Josh dressed in the groomsman suit, even if not posed as part of the wedding party, maybe they're trying to sneak him in that way?

On 10/28/2017 at 11:17 PM, ModestisHottest said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I actually find the similarity between the two quite amusing as Anna Camp plays a bigoted evil holy roller on True Blood. 

On 10/25/2017 at 6:52 PM, BlondeIdol said:

Kendra looked beautiful and even though I am sure her beliefs are just as terrible as the Duggars/her parents she seems like a sweet enough girl. I just can't help but feel so bad and grossed out for her, Joy, Alyssa Bates, Anna and I guess all the other married girls so far but especially Kendra and Joy . Both Kendra and Joy are nineteen year old teenagers and they're acting like teenagers do when they're infatuated with their first boyfriend. Kendra and Joy are not ready to be married and have babies. I had my first serious relationship at nineteen and I just feel so grossed out thinking what it would be like to be married to him now. Like damn. 

Creeps me out to watch children get married. 

I think that can be an problem for today's generation. I'm 55 and several of my classmates married after high school and are even still married. Mind you they had the chance to go to a real high school, hold an after-school job or play sports or band and mix regularly with people. Still, they were no more "ready" for what marriage means. No one really is. It's all adjustment after adjustment no matter your age. I'm not defending the idea of a 19 year old marrying, but it really isn't radical unless you come from a family in which graduate school is seen as mandatory. A few of my friends have kids who have now married at 18-20 and gone thru college together, enjoying being a young couple and building a financial future together.  THIS is what Joy-Anna and Kendra need, but instead they'll get babies and more babies.

On 9/25/2017 at 9:39 AM, SapphireSlytherin said:

Let me know when you go and I'll meet you there. It's perfect!

I also just toured the WB studio in London (well, Leavesden, actually) and it was incredible! I got to stand in the Great Hall! I went into Dumbledore's office!!! omg

@SapphireSlytherin @singsingsing I am finally going to Harry Potter World this December! I know not the best time to go, but we will be at my in-law's anyway and I just can't miss it again. 

@merg429Do you mean the Leavesden one?

Because there's no wrong time to go.  Its 99% indoors (Private drive is outside, as is the outdoor corridor - that bit can be done in 5 mins or a 1 min dash past if its raining).  Plus the tickets are restricted so while busy there are only certain amount of people in there at once.  We went in the summer holidays and had to book over a month in advance.

Full disclaimer, my current favourite mug is the Hogwarts one I brought there.

On 10/31/2017 at 3:15 PM, imokit said:

@merg429Do you mean the Leavesden one?

Because there's no wrong time to go.  Its 99% indoors (Private drive is outside, as is the outdoor corridor - that bit can be done in 5 mins or a 1 min dash past if its raining).  Plus the tickets are restricted so while busy there are only certain amount of people in there at once.  We went in the summer holidays and had to book over a month in advance.

Full disclaimer, my current favourite mug is the Hogwarts one I brought there.

Sadly no - I will be going to the two at Universal in Florida. I hope to make it to the Leavesden one soon though, good to know that tickets are restricted, that is a smart way to do it. 

3 hours ago, merg429 said:

Sadly no - I will be going to the two at Universal in Florida. I hope to make it to the Leavesden one soon though, good to know that tickets are restricted, that is a smart way to do it. 

I noticed you said you thought December wouldn't be the best time to go-- I think it will be a great time! Depending on the day(s) in December you go, it might be a bit crowded (before kids get out for Winter Break it's generally pretty quiet in early December, then gets more crowded once they're out) but that's pretty much the only drawback. You'll enjoy the Christmas decor around Hogsmeade, they serve Hot Butterbeer this time of year, and I think there's a new light projection show. Central Florida weather is generally much more forgiving in December too, though it varies a lot!  

December in the Harry Potter world in Orlando will be INSANE. Be there before the park opens so you don't have to fight the crowds. Go through the single-rider line if you're going alone, as I did. It was AWESOME. You're going to LOVE LOVE LOVE it. :)

15 minutes ago, Karma said:

Oh dear, I'll be there in late nov/early dec as well. Insane is not what I want to hear!!!  I'm still excited though. :) 

It's mainly the week of Christmas and the week of New Year's that it gets really busy due to kids being out of school. Early December probably won't be too bad!

On 11/10/2017 at 6:11 PM, NewOrleansLady said:

I think Jim Boob's was, "hey,hey, hey'.

I  thought Jim Bobs signal was let me hump you in full view of the kids

5 hours ago, Karma said:

Thanks @VineHeart137.  Now the big decision - do I spend my birthday in Disneyworld or Harry Potter world?  :my_huh:

This isn't even a question. HP all the way. :)

This has probably been mentioned before, but I was watching the wedding episode last night and it seemed to me that when Kendra's dad was saying about her qualities, it reminded me of a salesman.  As if he was trying to auction her off.  "19 year old - no mileage" etc etc. 

On 11/6/2017 at 2:05 AM, Karma said:

Thanks @VineHeart137.  Now the big decision - do I spend my birthday in Disneyworld or Harry Potter world?  :my_huh:

I've been a Universal passholder for ~15 years and a Disney passholder for about a month (although, being from Central Florida, I've been to the Disney parks here plenty of times before becoming a passholder). If you're a big HP fan then, no question about it, Universal is the winner. If you are a fan of more thrilling rides Universal wins out there, too, in my opinion. If you're easily agitated by crowds of strollers and crying children there's less of that at Universal than some of the Disney parks, in my experience, too.  Disney is really good for the nostalgia factor, is better for people who prefer a selection of gentler rides, and has more options for things to do with young children. Disney also has more parks and thus, more variety for certain things (they have Animal Kingdom, for instance, whereas Universal does not have a park with animals). I'm definitely a Universal gal but my SO convinced me to do the Disney pass thing and we've been having a blast so far. :) 

Completely agree with @SapphireSlytherin and @TheMustardCardigan. Universal is my favorite. Disclaimer: I'm definitely biased by my love of Harry Potter, but even before the Wizarding World opened I thought the rides at Universal were better. That said, if you've never been to Disney there is something to be said for the "magic" factor, and Disney is generally better for people who don't particularly care for thrill rides. There are a lot more shows and gentle rides.

Right now we are Disney passholders because Disney has way more attractions that a 2 year old, her pregnant mom, and her roller coaster hating dad can enjoy. But I'm definitely counting down the years until my kids are old enough to fully appreciate Universal! Either way, @Karma, you can't REALLY go wrong. I hope you have a blast on your birthday!

We were Busch Gardens/SeaWorld season pass holders for a year when we lived in Florida. Busch is a good mix of animal attractions, thrill rides and family friendly areas. That's my top pick for a park. SeaWorld is cool until you realize just how tiny the tanks really are, and they don't have an open veterinary care center like Busch does.  SeaWorld does have a couple of cool coasters but not worth the gate price.

We're doing Florida for an early winter break and the kids (having seen our pics from Universal from like 2013, and attending Disney last year) voted Universal. Hubby and I unanimously agreed.

Thanks for the input @SapphireSlytherin, @TheMustardCardigan, @VineHeart137 and @Shadoewolf.  We have 5 days so I’m thinking 2 in universal (I’m going to insist on that for my bday, I’m super keen for HP), 2 in Disney, and maybe the fifth day to the space centre.  We do love Disneyland - DD and I will have been to them all except Tokyo after this trip!  I can’t do big roller coasters these days (touchy back), but I do love the magic of Disneyland.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived