IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 6: Sitting in a tree...M.A.R.R.I.E.D!

samurai_sarah

5 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Did we learn where Joe and Kendra will live??

was literally coming here to post this same question haha

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Did we learn where Joe and Kendra will live??

I haven't found anything yet.

26 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Maybe they will discuss where they are living in the wedding episode airing on Monday.

Or maybe we'll get to see JinJer's wedding!!!

After watching the wedding episode I've softened even more towards Kendra, she really does seem to be quite sweet and genuinely in love (well as in love as you can be at 19) with Joe. When I think about the fact that she really is quite young (19) and her life drastically changed (going from unknown to a d list reality TV bride, getting married etc) I can see why she might come across as so giggly and nervous. And she's been quiet enough that she's said very little (if anything) that's blatantly offensive (though I have no doubt that her beliefs are just as hateful as the rest) But I really do wish them all the best and hope that the love they have for each other now lasts them for the next 5+ years. 
I wanted to hop through my computer screen and slap her dad when he made all the dowry jokes... but I can't blame that on her. 

Just saw a Hollywood Gossip post. Kendra was courting Jed before Joe. She was pregnant before they got married, and that's why they didn't have a honeymoon. Gotta keep us all up to date. :laughing-rolling:

Seriously, where do they come up with this stuff.

43 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Just saw a Hollywood Gossip post. Kendra was courting Jed before Joe. She was pregnant before they got married, and that's why they didn't have a honeymoon. Gotta keep us all up to date. :laughing-rolling:

The Magic 8 Ball... it never lies....lol. 

30 minutes ago, divadivine said:

The Magic 8 Ball... it never lies....lol. 

Without a Doubt.

(I asked mine if what you said was right, and that was the answer.)

12 hours ago, LacyMay said:

After watching the wedding episode I've softened even more towards Kendra, she really does seem to be quite sweet and genuinely in love (well as in love as you can be at 19) with Joe. When I think about the fact that she really is quite young (19) and her life drastically changed (going from unknown to a d list reality TV bride, getting married etc) I can see why she might come across as so giggly and nervous. And she's been quiet enough that she's said very little (if anything) that's blatantly offensive (though I have no doubt that her beliefs are just as hateful as the rest) But I really do wish them all the best and hope that the love they have for each other now lasts them for the next 5+ years. 
I wanted to hop through my computer screen and slap her dad when he made all the dowry jokes... but I can't blame that on her. 

I think that the fact that she is the eldest child and the first to leave the house also makes it more difficult. At least the recent Duggars to get married are used to siblings moving away and see how they lead their lives as newlyweds. Kendra did not have that which can make it an even bigger change.

15 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

So were they in Greece so that she could give birth to the baby and give it up for adoption? Like Edith did in Downton Abbey? 

So what are these two yahoos up to these days anyway? They don't have a website, no instagram, twitter or anything, obviously they are back form their honeymoon, but SILENCE! Not that I'm complaining, but for Duggar's, it's odd.

Thinking... Joy and Austin and don't have a websites either....unless I missed that.

I think they may be living somewhere on the compound. I think Josiah( I'm not sure which is which sometimes) said that he'll miss him when they were all chatting about nothing & someone said only for a bit you're coming right back or I'll miss him but he'll be close. Did anyone peep when Kendra asked her dad for  a kiss, he said not yet? & never did kiss her ? Or was that just me ? Cause i remember that scene giving me chills .

Kendra looked beautiful and even though I am sure her beliefs are just as terrible as the Duggars/her parents she seems like a sweet enough girl. I just can't help but feel so bad and grossed out for her, Joy, Alyssa Bates, Anna and I guess all the other married girls so far but especially Kendra and Joy . Both Kendra and Joy are nineteen year old teenagers and they're acting like teenagers do when they're infatuated with their first boyfriend. Kendra and Joy are not ready to be married and have babies. I had my first serious relationship at nineteen and I just feel so grossed out thinking what it would be like to be married to him now. Like damn. 

Creeps me out to watch children get married. 

34 minutes ago, AlternativeVoice said:

I think they may be living somewhere on the compound. I think Josiah( I'm not sure which is which sometimes) said that he'll miss him when they were all chatting about nothing & someone said only for a bit you're coming right back or I'll miss him but he'll be close. Did anyone peep when Kendra asked her dad for  a kiss, he said not yet? & never did kiss her ? Or was that just me ? Cause i remember that scene giving me chills .

I thought it was weird at first too, but after seeing the whole scene play out i don't think it was odd after all. I think she thought that that was the moment that she was going to be handed off to Joe, but the dad had stuff to say, so he said not yet, said his little speech about dowry and money blah blah blah and then gave her a kiss when it was really time for the "giving of the bride." That's how i took it.

I watched the wedding episode today and the bride was beautiful and she is a really sweet girl. I also noticed her asking her father for a kiss and he never did give  her one. Strange but maybe after his speech he was in pastor mode. Why am I making excuses? I also thought it strange that Cindy planned  the wedding decor with no input from the bride. Wouldn't a girl praying for marriage since birth have a dream wedding in mind?  It also seemed like there was actual food at this wedding  too- right? 

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

I thought it was weird at first too, but after seeing the whole scene play out i don't think it was odd after all. I think she thought that that was the moment that she was going to be handed off to Joe, but the dad had stuff to say, so he said not yet, said his little speech about dowry and money blah blah blah and then gave her a kiss when it was really time for the "giving of the bride." That's how i took it.

Ok I didn't see him kiss her I thought he was brushing her off. Thanks for the clarification !

8 hours ago, Candydandy said:

I also thought it strange that Cindy planned  the wedding decor with no input from the bride. Wouldn't a girl praying for marriage since birth have a dream wedding in mind?

I remember from one of the other weddings  (Jinger or Joy, maybe both?) That the bride gave Cindy a rough idea of what she wanted and then let her do her thing and completely surprise her.

Now that I'm typing this I *think* that Jinger gave Cindy some general preferences and then let her completely surprise her with what she did. When it came to Joy I think Cindy asked Austin what came to mind when he thought of Joy and she based all her decor off of that (Joy also let her surprise her) So apparently this whole thing where the bride has little to no input on the decor for the "most important day of her life" is the new normal.

The thing that still niggles at me is when Cindy said something along the lines of wanting Kendra to feel just as honored as if she was one of the Duggar brides. It just struck me as making an uneccedary distinction between them or somehow implying that Kendra was less important than Joy or Jing. But that might be just me. 

At the beginning of JoKen's video in Greece, they are standing on the terrace of one of the two fancy 5-star hotels on Syntagma Square, with the Parliament (the yellowish building) behind them.

The two hotels are the King George, http://www.kinggeorgeathens.com/  and the Grande Bretange http://www.grandebretagne.gr/

Its been decades since I've stayed in the Grande Bretange, but I have stayed in the King George more recently. Both have lovely balconies overlooking the square, but based on the style and angle, I think they are on the balcony of the Grande Bretange.

I just can't see Duggars staying in something so opulent, and I am amazed TLC was willing to shell out so much $$, but maybe Grande Bretange comped rooms in exchange for tv coverage.

When Kendra said they were going to have "dinner in the sky" she may mean somewhere in Santorini, looking down into the caldera, or she may mean the Orizontes (Horizon) restaurant on the top of Mt. Lycabettis in Athens: http://www.orizonteslycabettus.gr/photogallery/

And when in Greece tourist spots, you really are surrounded at all times by naked statuary (and naughty postcards, pottery, etc. at the souvenir kiosks)--and nevermind the topless and naked beaches of Santorini!

On 10/7/2017 at 6:23 PM, onekidanddone said:

I looked in the cabinet just now in preparation for going to the grocery store and saw a bottle of bbq sauce right next to cans of tuna. Remember when JB made that for the lost girls when he was 'baby sitting' his own children? Yuck. 

On 10/7/2017 at 5:37 PM, onekidanddone said:

Tater Tot casserole? 

I know this is a bit off topic but I've been thinking bout it often.

So if anyone watched the season finally question/answer show you might remember Jana and the other girls talking about how obsessed the world got over the TTC and how funny they thought it was. She also mentions how they have only ever made it a handful of times and it really isnt a staple of the Duggar diet. TL:DR the fans made a huge deal about one small glimpse into their lives. This one statement she made REALLY stuck with me.

I love it here at FJ and have been a lurker for a long time but I often wonder if we are the crazy/weird ones for caring so much about people that have little to no relevance in our lives. (I know some people here actually come from fundamental backgrounds and are more connected than others). Are we all just making huge assumptions about their lives and taking it to be fact? Don't throw the tomatoes at me :pb_eek:

2 hours ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

I know this is a bit off topic but I've been thinking bout it often.

So if anyone watched the season finally question/answer show you might remember Jana and the other girls talking about how obsessed the world got over the TTC and how funny they thought it was. She also mentions how they have only ever made it a handful of times and it really isnt a staple of the Duggar diet. TL:DR the fans made a huge deal about one small glimpse into their lives. This one statement she made REALLY stuck with me.

I love it here at FJ and have been a lurker for a long time but I often wonder if we are the crazy/weird ones for caring so much about people that have little to no relevance in our lives. (I know some people here actually come from fundamental backgrounds and are more connected than others). Are we all just making huge assumptions about their lives and taking it to be fact? Don't throw the tomatoes at me :pb_eek:

That’s really interesting. The TV show also tends to highlight their differences, even though they’re probably a lot more normal than we think. Andrew Morton said that when he asked Princess Diana about some incidents that had been made much of in the press, they turned out to be no big deal to her. TV and the media highlight drama, when real life consists mostly of undramatic stuff.

I know the tuna with bbq sauce was just a one time thing, but I still had to laugh when I saw this at the grocery store:

Spoiler

20171024_202242.thumb.jpg.793a836c01f5b1070410ac2d8b15d3e9.jpg

Shockingly, it was with the clearance items. :pb_lol:

18 hours ago, LacyMay said:

(Snip) The thing that still niggles at me is when Cindy said something along the lines of wanting Kendra to feel just as honored as if she was one of the Duggar brides. It just struck me as making an uneccedary distinction between them or somehow implying that Kendra was less important than Joy or Jing. But that might be just me. 

I took that to mean that since Cindy is a friend of the Duggars, even though she didn't know Kendra very well, she wanted to make sure Kendra felt as special and as included included in the process as the brides that Cindy has known and loved since their births. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived