IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 6: Sitting in a tree...M.A.R.R.I.E.D!

samurai_sarah

On 10/4/2017 at 12:43 PM, karen77 said:

Wow...they have WAY to much time on their hands!

Where's your sense of romance!  I think that's so darn cute.  In this day and age get a random stranger to take a shot of the two of you  - meet a local. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Remember, Kendra grew up in a smaller family than Joe, so she probably had a few more life experiences.

huh? Seriously? She seems ridiculously sheltered for Duggar standards, and that's saying a lot. Especially depending on how you define 'life experiences'. The Duggars, at the very very least, did a decent amount of traveling and meeting people considering their celebrity status.

5 hours ago, louisa05 said:

This. These kids were never allowed to really develop their own interests. Picking out your own clothes and things, making friends outside your family, choosing electives and activities or sports to be involved in in school--those are all things that help children and teens develop themselves and find out their interests and who they are. The Duggar kids never got to do any of those things. I'm sure that even the non-family friends some have were chosen/screened by JimBob and Michelle. 

All of their friends have come through Gothard, homechurch (which was mostly Gothard), or Caldwell church connections. Even Ben snuck in through the back door of the Duggar homechurch to meet Jessa. Derick came in via Boob. Jeremy is the only real exception who didn't check any of the boxes. 

8 hours ago, eye_browz said:

He said he doesn't really even know how to swim but he did it because Kendra likes it.

I remember he said he can swim, he's just not such a big fan of spending time in the water- but Kendra loves it, so he wanted to see her happy.

I don't think Ben snuck in. The Seewalds were/are VF. It's highly like the Duggars and Seewalds knew each other. JB and Michelle mingled with VF families.

Now that I think about it, it's highly likely all the Duggar in-laws were known to the family. Maybe not BFF, but not strangers either.

5 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I don't think Ben snuck in. The Seewalds were/are VF. It's highly like the Duggars and Seewalds knew each other. JB and Michelle mingled with VF families.

Now that I think about it, it's highly likely all the Duggar in-laws were known to the family. Maybe not BFF, but not strangers either.

I'm 99.99% sure Ben's family went to the same church as the Duggars when they lived in Little Rock during Jim Bob's time in the Arkansas House of Representatives, but Ben and Jessa were just kids and don't remember each other from that time.

I doubt the Duggars knew the Vuolos before Jeremy came along. The Vuolos seems conservative, but I've never seen any indication that they were ever involved in ATI or VF, and they're from a completely different part of the country. 

On 10/3/2017 at 5:55 PM, llg1234 said:

http://www.tlc.com/embed?page=276469

Joe and Kendra in Greece

They're excited to:

- be married, try the food, experience the culture

Activities include:

- Dinner in the sky, sandal making, going to Santorini, paddle boarding, and parasailing. 

etc.

I love how this is titled “Breaking News!” lmao

Kendra sounds like she’s trying to remember a list of activities tlc handed to her right before they turned on the camera. All very “filmable” things. I hope they also were allowed some private couple time to go do whatever the fuck they want for once 

She just seems sooo young in that clip. I have no doubt that her uterus will be occupied soon but she really comes across no more mature than the girls on Teen Mom.

Sounds like a fun vacation, but now I want Greek food, alas the fridge is leaning towards a chili, cornbread and salad night. 

I've always wanted to go parasailing, but it's not worked out and I really hope they didn't ride the donkeys in Santorini. Those poor things are so abused I couldn't bear to get on, garden hoses and visible welts on the cinches (though that was in our very broke price range).  We went about two weeks before tourism season started, so they were still painting all buildings bright white and it was amazingly uncrowded.  

Kendra, I know you're staring at Joe, but also enjoy the gorgeous Greek men who seem to get better looking with age.   I also hope you get to interact with the locals, they're incredibly welcoming and very fun. 

20 hours ago, bal maiden said:

Does Kendra say they are "at Greece"?

I think she did. :pb_lol: 

On 10/6/2017 at 12:47 PM, cascarones said:

Sounds like a fun vacation, but now I want Greek food, alas the fridge is leaning towards a chili, cornbread and salad night. 

I thought we were going to a pot luck today, so I made a frigging ton of chili and home made cornbread. Pot luck was cancelled at the last minute so I have chill in the freezer and more put i the fridge.  We are going to be eating chili for weeks. 

If I can complement my own cooking i"d say it is really good. 

57 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

I honestly like Kendra. I like her more than most of the Duggar girls. She comes across as sweet and genuine.

I'm trying to like her, but I can't. I think she's cute, but I'm not sure of her personality.

Perhaps the next JoKen thread title can be "Kendra and Joe Duggar 7: Counting Giggles."

55 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I thought we were going to a pot luck today, so I made a frigging ton of chili and home made cornbread. Pot luck was cancelled at the last minute so I have chill in the freezer and more put i the fridge.  We are going to be eating chili for weeks. 

If I can complement my own cooking i"d say it is really good. 

Now I want chili and cornbread. But that would require going outside, driving, walking in to the store, cooking....

sooo lazyyyy today

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I have a crockpot full of chili. And it's raining. Guess what's for supper? :)

Tater Tot casserole? 

I looked in the cabinet just now in preparation for going to the grocery store and saw a bottle of bbq sauce right next to cans of tuna. Remember when JB made that for the lost girls when he was 'baby sitting' his own children? Yuck. 

i didn't see that one. Was it canned tuna or fresh tuna steaks? Both sound gross, but the canned tuna sounds worse.

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

canned tuna or fresh tuna steaks

Pretty sure the Duggars don't know tuna can be bought as a steak. lol

9 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

i didn't see that one. Was it canned tuna or fresh tuna steaks? Both sound gross, but the canned tuna sounds worse.

Canned tuna dumped into a bowl and the barbecue dumped on top.  Maybe someone's cup of tea, but it sure isn't mine. Then again I like pickles and peanut butter so go figure.

@SapphireSlytherin I'm not sure the Duggars know that not all foods come from a can.

Wasn't it an episode where the Duggars were visiting the Bates-es-es-es? Michelle, Kelly, and the older girls went camping and Jim Bob and Gil were left to babysit take care of the boys and younger kids at the Bates' house. That's what I remember, anyway.

I have chili in the freezer. Might have to take it out and heat it up soon. Need cornbread tho.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived